Thread: Fay Myers Help......... Update and Thanks!

Fay Myers Help......... Update and Thanks!

I had an awful experience that has spanned over the last week and a half with a Ducati service request. I don't want to flame anyone on here but I would like to let someone know about my dissatisfaction.

Does anyone know anyone at Fay that could possibly help in a service situation. I have already talked to Daniel who was represented as the service manager and didn't really have any luck.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Last edited by Gramps; Thu Sep 4th, 2014 at 10:10 PM.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Fay Myers Help.........

Good luck Tom. I wish I had a resource that I could point you too but maybe Longrider (Paul) can give you the name of the head honcho in their Service group.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I went and picked the bike up today. I imagine I am an Erico customer from this point forward.

Crazy.

Thanks for the response Barn!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Sorry to hear about the bad service at Fay. They treated me great in a tough situation when Mad Moto dropped my bike into their lap after they bricked it trying to tune it.

I worked with Dan. I was happy they took care of me when my problem wasn't exactly there problem. Guess it's tough to count on any given shop these days.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMWFO View Post
    Sorry to hear about the bad service at Fay. They treated me great in a tough situation when Mad Moto dropped my bike into their lap after they bricked it trying to tune it.

I worked with Dan. I was happy they took care of me when my problem wasn't exactly there problem. Guess it's tough to count on any given shop these days.

I don't agree with that statement. I don't want to flame them or insinuate they did something terrible. They just are not delivering the service level I would expect from a premium brand.

I'm sure it could be corrected with a little bit of discussion but at this point I can't find the right person to have the discussion with.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Tom, I apologize for your bad experience, that is not how we try to do business. I know nothing of what happened plus I am on vacation this week so I cant speak to any specifics but if would send me a PM with specifics, full name, what the issue was and the bike (I assume the Panigale listed in your sig) I will get this info to the GM

Paul: The best hire that Fay has ever made.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Of all my friends that owe Duc's, they have all gone to Ericco and never had an issue. Sorry for the bad experience at Fay's
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Tom, I apologize for your bad experience, that is not how we try to do business. I know nothing of what happened plus I am on vacation this week so I cant speak to any specifics but if would send me a PM with specifics, full name, what the issue was and the bike (I assume the Panigale listed in your sig) I will get this info to the GM
    I wanted to let everyone know that thanks to longrider and the staff at Fay we were able to get things resolved. They went above and beyond to resolve the situation.

Thanks for everyone's help!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Re: Fay Myers Help......... Update and Thanks!

Paul for prez man, kudos my friend. That's service!
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Glad it worked out for you! But I've had numerous bad experiences in the past that I don't deal with Fay Myers on any level.... I go to Erico and have been going for years with numerous Aprilias and Ducatis I've owned without issue. Always been happy with the results.

While Fay will go back and fix issues, It disappoints me that it even comes to that in the first place where you have to work with someone higher on the management team..
    2016 Honda Africa Twin
    2015 Ducati Monster 1200s Stripe
    And Freakin' Old

Quote Originally Posted by BushyAR15 View Post
    Glad it worked out for you! But I've had numerous bad experiences in the past that I don't deal with Fay Myers on any level.... I go to Erico and have been going for years with numerous Aprilias and Ducatis I've owned without issue. Always been happy with the results.

While Fay will go back and fix issues, It disappoints me that it even comes to that in the first place where you have to work with someone higher on the management team..
    I appreciate your feedback.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They earned my business going forward. If I have numerous bad experiences then I would be forced to move my business elsewhere as well. Again for now they have stepped up and gone above and beyond what was necessary. No Fay bashing here!

One thing that does tend to stand out to me at most dealerships in the CO/TN/FL areas is the fact that in general the service writers seem to be the weak link. It is my opinion that the average buyer of a motorsport product today can educate themselves fairly easily. Between the internet and social media if you want to know you can generally find out. So the service writer needs to be very diligent with their research.

Just an observation in general. Nothing at all pointed at Fay although I do think some of the breakdown in my process lays in the hands of the service writer.

It's good to have options and our whole system is better for the competition in the market.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    One thing that does tend to stand out to me at most dealerships in the CO/TN/FL areas is the fact that in general the service writers seem to be the weak link...
    Yeah, service writers for any dealership appear to know nothing. They can't even write down what you say accurately. How hard is that?!? They're on the same mental level as a drive-thru worker at McDonald's. Are you serious, you can't type in what I just said?!? Cheeseburger, you dumb shit!!!

Quite a while ago I posted about the nightmare of purchasing my F250 from Freeway ford... Here's how stupid their service writers are; I took my Powerstroke in, only because of warranty, because it overheats real easy with the smallest load. I tell the service writer exactly that. When I pick it up, they tell me everything is fine, they couldn't find anything wrong. I look at the paper work and it says, "truck has no power."

Me: WHAT!! (Thinking to myself - You stupid fuck) I told you it overheats real easy when I have even a small load on it.

Dealership: Well... leave it here and we'll take a look.

Me: No thanks, I'll fix it myself...

I can't say it enough... Do your own work, it will always be right!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

You crack me up brother. It's all true though.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

They can't get orders right but want $15/hr lol... yea they hire dumbshits like that at dealers cause they pay them less. For dealers is all about saving money and cutting corners. Hate how mediocre they can get.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I've never had a problem with fast food workers (drive-thru or otherwise) and receiving an accurate order. Obviously the complexities of a work order for a vehicle have a lot more nuance and detail than a Double Quarter Pounder with no onions, and "mac" sauce instead of ketchup, but in general, my experience has been that you need to know how to be a good customer to get good customer service... And this goes for people making 15k a year, just as much as it does somebody making 150k a year.

- Speak clearly and await an acknowledgement from the person who is helping you.

- When they state "Welcome to Taco Bell, how are you doing today?", fucking answer them! Don't just start spouting off your order, like they don't deserve a reply and you've been holding your breath the whole time.

- Pause between items. I never give my order in a single breath that covers my customized cheeseburger, unsalted fries, Hi-C orange +++, without giving the person who's taking the order, time to process it. If you expect the person "behind the mic" to be slow, why overwhelm them with your impatience and run-on order for three? I practically always order partially, and then let them ask what kind of drink I want with that, or if I want fries, curly fries, or potato cakes. Be gracious enough TO LET THEM GET YOUR ORDER RIGHT!

- If you're being served in person, look the waitress/waiter in the eye. If you can't be bothered to look up from your stupid smartphone or from staring absently into the picture of chicken wings on the menu, you fucking deserve for them to come out parm-garlic instead of hot-garlic and your ranch to be blue cheese.

- When in doubt simply ask... "can you read back to me what all I've got so far"?
    Yes folks... I hate to say it but 9/10 of getting great consumer service, is up to you... the consumer. Have expectations. Execute based on those expectations. Double-check any doubts.

I've (begrudgingly) have had to take Amy Lou to Fay for general service work, warranty work, TRB work, and even just to have it washed.... And as much as I've wanted to NOT like their service group (because of horror stories I've heard), they've pleasantly surprised me with the outcomes. Mostly. And I believe wholeheartedly that it's been due in no small part to my attention to the above and making them aware of my expectations of them. So yeah.... Maybe now that I'm a "regular' there, I can maybe relax my grip so-to-speak when dealing with the service writers, but then again... why mess up a good thing. =)
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Sep 5th, 2014 at 12:58 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I was wondering where you were going there for a minute but I get it. It doesn't necessarily apply to this case and I think your 9/10 statistic may be a little off but overall I completely agree.

In my defense on this case their was never any question on the clarity of the work order.

More a case of over promising and under delivering. Which can happen at times and have several different moving pieces that may effect the outcome.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Yeah, I got off the guided path there for awhile, and maybe 9/10 is really 7/10... I didn't really think it applied to your situation but more commentary to those who have a life-long history of never getting their food order given to them correctly.

Still though, Fay Service is known for precisely what you mentioned. Early into my relationship with them, I got told something was going to be done in "about 40 minutes" and about 4 hours later, the job hadn't been done at all. "We can schedule you to come back to try the ECU update again. The software that we needed, etc.. blah... etc.. " Fine. Forgiven.

But the next few times I came back in and worked with the same guy, I questioned every time estimation the he told to me, and I told him precisely why and how it had bothered me. When he needed to, he'd recant and gave me a more precise time that he knew was realistic. Another time they even finished WAY early too, and it was when I least expected it. I think it was an oil change where he tells me "Give us about 90 minutes" - it was a super busy Saturday morning so I asked if I could add on a last minute wash service (even though I hadn't mentioned it when I made the appointment), and he tells me "sure". I think about 30 minutes later, the whole thing was done and shiny as new. Paid. Left.

So yeah... everybody's mileage may vary, but the trend I do see from Fay is disappointing visits for customers they appear to have no longevity with, and that so ironic because that's exactly who you need to (or should at least want to!) impress and cultivate that with. Who knows though. Maybe just because of the plain volume they do, it's easy to let that aspect slip or worse over maybe just not even care. Nowadays though, I don't even want to talk with anybody else besides Jeff, because I know Jeff knows me. Even if I'm just "that guy", there's no misunderstanding about either of our expectations. I'll shut up now, but all's-well that ends well and I'm glad you got it sorted. Good on you Tom, for being a gracious enough patron to continue to try to solve it, instead of just shelving them.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Sep 5th, 2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: vary, not very
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson