Thread: Misano GP Spoiler!!!

Misano GP Spoiler!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the old man finally broke the new comer. What an amazing race!!!

46!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Misano GP Spoiler!!!

What a strong ride from the GOAT, its been a long time coming.

Well done Vale!

"yeah I'm happy for sure because is special here in Misano, in front of all the crowd...."

Good to see the veteran on the top step.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

That was an awesome battle, Rossi ftmfw
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    That was an awesome battle, Rossi ftmfw
    Just watched the race again(thanks to my MotoGP.com subscription) and one thing I noticed was Rossi's outright pace today. Jeez, he was on fire!! Haven't seen him ride with that much aggression and speed in a long time. He's been very fast all season long but something about today lit a fire under his seat and he tore off into the distance. I hope he maintains this kind of momentum and performance. I've enjoyed seeing history made with Marquez but honestly this makes for a much more enjoyable season. Obviously, being a Rossi fan I'm more happy when he's on the top step of the podium but this season would have been even better had we been seeing wins from Rossi, Lorenzo, Marquez and Pedrosa.

I'm also really impressed with Dovi's pace. Closing in on three dry weather podiums for him. He should be very happy with his gap to the front and all the work that the team has achieved. I think what we are seeing with Ducati is what happens when you finally turn the reins over to someone with a vision and goal(Gigi). Seems to me he's making progress with the bike and the team. That's what this championship needs is more and more bikes running up front(i.e. as in WSBK). Deep down I was hoping for Dovi to pass Pedro and it would help give Rossi second in the championship. Oh well, one point is nothing and that will change in two weeks time at Aragon.

I think much can be laid to rest today about Rossi's overall performance and pace. He's finally beat Marquez fair, square and heads up in a race. Brno was a mental win for Lorenzo and Rossi with Pedrosa being on the top step. However, this was personal and actual win for Rossi. He finally beat Marquez to the top step. If anything I hope this shows the other two(Lorenzo and Pedrosa) to keep going and keep the battle alive. Marquez isn't a machine and he can be beaten.

Today was vintage Rossi, harkening back to the days when he would hound his opponents. His classic techniques of stalking his rivals, or not letting them break away into the distance. Then from being in front and forcing his pursuing rivals into a mistake.

I've seen more races where Rossi would dogfight his way to a win. Those were special but I've got to say the races when he would up the pace from the front and break everyone were some of the most special to me(maybe because he didn't do it as much as say Stoner or Lorenzo or Pedrosa). Nevertheless a fantastic race and one that I'll remember for years to come.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

That was a phenomenal race, and Rossi's performance was stellar! Overall I couldn't be happier with the results today. It was a humanizing moment for Marquez. He can still make mistakes, and though this may seem unkind, it was nice to see him finally push it too far while trying to keep pace with somebody else. It's doubly rewarding that it happened to be Rossi issuing the challenge! Absolutely beautiful!

It was a little sad hearing all the boos the Misano crowd gave to Lorenzo on the podium, but there has been enough bad blood between he and Rossi over the years that it wasn't too surprising.
    Last edited by Drano; Sun Sep 14th, 2014 at 06:42 PM.

Yeah it was like a switch was on for Rossi and just glad that battles are happening to make things interesting. Ducati will be a whole new deal come 2015, seems like with that new dude that came in D'glia or however you say it they're improving rather well. Now KTM, Suzuki and Aprilia coming in will shake things up even more. Amazing race for sure and glad to see Rossi back to a win.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Rossi is very deserving of the win. He has changed his riding style to suit the newer bikes and that has kept him @ the pointy end of the field. Good for him to take the chance to change, it takes trust in ones self to achieve greatness, and Rossi excels.
    Lorenzo on the other hand is a head case, and I wouldn't be surprised if he never wins again. His approach in the beginning of the year was self destructive, trying to hard to force the win. Lately he has been dong better, but the guy is to inward and you know coming in second fucks with is head awful, you can see it in his face expressions. I don't like the guy, way to self centered, but I hope he comes around and starts having fun again, but probably not.
    Marc is learning quick, yesterday he learned he cant push the bike into a win. If it doesn't keep up, back off and collect points. He is still young, and will pick these lessons up quick. Great to see some battles instead of a factory procession as in the last couple years.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Just watched the race and it was good on a lot of counts (already mentioned). For what it's worth though, your "Spoiler!!!" (notice the use of three exclamation points) made the result pretty obvious for anybody with a keen eye, who pays attention to what a fan of Rossi's you are. I even mentioned it to somebody on the ride yesterday, when I saw the thread title from my phone.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Just watched the race and it was good on a lot of counts (already mentioned). For what it's worth though, your "Spoiler!!!" (notice the use of three exclamation points) made the result pretty obvious for anybody with a keen eye, who pays attention to what a fan of Rossi's you are. I even mentioned it to somebody on the ride yesterday, when I saw the thread title from my phone.
    Lol!!

My bad, ok no more spoilers from me if Rossi wins again
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

You'll live barn... you'll live
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'm just sayin'.... It was a tell; no harm done.
    Apparently I play too much poker.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

So that's what it sounds like when 60K people chant your name after a win on your home track. Great race, and as already stated, it was nice to see Rossi ride with such fire.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!