Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

Re: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    ... Oh, and that young kid's name was Kevin Schwantz...
    One of my favorite riders!!! We ran into him at Copper Mountain during CycleFest. He came across as conceited and thinks he's god. I guess when you're world-class, a little conceit is justified. Whenever I would look at him, I would just be in awe of the skill in that mans body. Standing next to someone with his abilities was pretty cool!

One of my prized possessions hanging in my living room. I also have Rainey, Mamola (big time favorite!!), and Roberts, but not framed yet...

Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Senior Member Moderator

Well said, Rybo and Dirk. Thanks for your input.

Your right I really don't know him all that well yet. I can tell you this though if he gets hooked on riding his progression will be haltered by not having the bike adjusted or learning to do so. We can agree on that much for sure. With out doing so and pushing will lead to trashed tires and crashed bikes at the least. He seems like he is really enjoying it and in the beginnings of working on body position,lines and reference points. Soon will come brake markers and back shifting. He seemed eager to advance and put in work. This was on his first day though. Seems you at least have talked to him since and he's working on brake zones now? Trying to make time on the gas and later on the brakes with a slow corner speeds for now. Is that where were at? Yeah the tires he has he could make better with pressure and even a good baseline for him as I did with pp's and had some good results but I had been spoiled by race rubber I guess and they could be just getting to hot. I just couldn't get the feel in the frt I wanted and came a really hot day at pmp and a fun ass battle with my friend Marty and I knew I was going to start having issues as I was shocked how fast things were changing when the pace dropped. I can see the talent issues here. I know I was better everywhere when on dots. Even 2nd out lap with no warmers felt safer. The bike was not so much sliding the rear deep in but more lifting and waging back and forth letting off the brakes settled it, the frt would slide not bad though that stayed consistent . Sliding the rear was at first just driving off a litle bit. This would just get worse and worse till I just had a scare had enough. Just out having fun at that track day I would slide the rear a litle bit towards the end of the session. Pushing only lasted 5-6 laps. This is the point where I stopped running street tires on my bike till this last year. I ran 4-5 track days but just getting back into things so pace is down. So could I have gotten more out of them instead of going to race tires? I say yes on rider, I really don't know on bike setup. I'm struggling to learn some of this. All I did was adjust pressures and had some preload on the frt. that day. I guess I really like how the bike was set up on dots and didn't really want change it. This I'm becoming way more comfortable doing in the last year. Now as far as rider goes. This is a huge hold back for me even on dots sliding the bike slows me down. I stop pushing and my pace isn't back for a minimum of one lap sometime more. So watching a lot of fast riders sliding doesn't seem to bother them at all. Hell it looks fun!! I need to be able to do that and yeah I would for sure have been faster and fine with it! Trying to find some ways to be more comfortable with this is the biggest stuggle.
    Last edited by One-ops; Mon Oct 20th, 2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Spelling. Sure there's more.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    spend a day with someone like Nick Ienatsch, your lap times will drop significantly more than they will by buying a new bike.
    Is he still instructing in Colorado? I recently recommended him to someone because I've heard he's really good, and I'd also like to get ahold of him myself.

I thought I may have heard on pit pass radio that he's with the yamaha champions school now???

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Joe -

Nick is the lead instructor at YCRS. He's doing a series of evening clinics in colorado suited for all riders called "Sunset Safety Clinics". It's not entirely racetrack focussed, but it uses the track as the classroom and the skills are universally applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Your right I really don't know him all that well yet. I can tell you this though if he gets hooked on riding his progression will be haltered by not having the bike adjusted or learning to do so. We can agree on that much for sure. With out doing so and pushing will lead to trashed tires and crashed bikes at the least. He seems like he is really enjoying it and in the beginnings of working on body position,lines and reference points. Soon will come brake markers and back shifting. He seemed eager to advance and put in work. This was on his first day though. Seems you at least have talked to him since and he's working on brake zones now? Trying to make time on the gas and later on the brakes with a slow corner speeds for now. Is that where were at? Yeah the tires he has he could make better with pressure and even a good baseline for him as I did with pp's and had some good results but I had been spoiled by race rubber I guess and they could be just getting to hot. I just couldn't get the feel in the frt I wanted and came a really hot day at pmp and a fun ass battle with my friend Marty and I knew I was going to start having issues as I was shocked how fast things were changing when the pace dropped. I can see the talent issues here. I know I was better everywhere when on dots. Even 2nd out lap with no warmers felt safer. The bike was not so much sliding the rear deep in but more lifting and waging back and forth letting off the brakes settled it, the frt would slide not bad though that stayed consistent . Sliding the rear was at first just driving off a litle bit. This would just get worse and worse till I just had a scare had enough. Just out having fun at that track day I would slide the rear a litle bit towards the end of the session. Pushing only lasted 5-6 laps. This is the point where I stopped running street tires on my bike till this last year. I ran 4-5 track days but just getting back into things so pace is down. So could I have gotten more out of them instead of going to race tires? I say yes on rider, I really don't know on bike setup. I'm struggling to learn some of this. All I did was adjust pressures and had some preload on the frt. that day. I guess I really like how the bike was set up on dots and didn't really want change it. This I'm becoming way more comfortable doing in the last year. Now as far as rider goes. This is a huge hold back for me even on dots sliding the bike slows me down. I stop pushing and my pace isn't back for a minimum of one lap sometime more. So watching a lot of fast riders sliding doesn't seem to bother them at all. Hell it looks fun!! I need to be able to do that and yeah I would for sure have been faster and fine with it! Trying to find some ways to be more comfortable with this is the biggest stuggle.

Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Joe -

Nick is the lead instructor at YCRS. He's doing a series of evening clinics in colorado suited for all riders called "Sunset Safety Clinics". It's not entirely racetrack focussed, but it uses the track as the classroom and the skills are universally applicable.
    Ah, thanks. I actually looked at that school for this winter but man it's expensive. I'd still love to go some day

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    He came across as conceited and thinks he's god. I guess when you're world-class, a little conceit is justified.
    He was very friendly when I talked to him that day, but this was before he went to the world level. I never ran into him after that, but seeing him ride a vastly inferior machine and beat others on tricked out machines, I knew he was going to be big. I have never seen anyone ride like he did that day. In retrospect, it was indicative of his career, riding competitively on an inferior machine. I shudder to think how dominant he could have been on the Hondas/Yamahas of the day.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Ah, thanks. I actually looked at that school for this winter but man it's expensive. I'd still love to go some day

They are $60 a class and worth every penny. Make it happen captain

Their fb page stinks and I dont think they have a website yet (if you can hear me Nick )

https://www.facebook.com/events/501203643313622/
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Gold Member

Well this thread is growing. Some of these posts remind me of the good old political debates we used to have. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    They are $60 a class and worth every penny. Make it happen captain

Their fb page stinks and I dont think they have a website yet (if you can hear me Nick )

https://www.facebook.com/events/501203643313622/
    I was talking about the yamaha champions school
    Last edited by tecknojoe; Mon Oct 20th, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well this thread is growing. Some of these posts remind me of the good old political debates we used to have. Lol
    Man, ain't nobody got time for that static...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Aaron doesn't have a wife or kids....

threadwastoolongdidntreaditallseeyouinafewweeks

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post

Lol nope not today. On my phone but still no excuse.
    Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Aaron doesn't have a wife or kids....

threadwastoolongdidntreaditallseeyouinafewweeks
    Hey now, don't slam those of us who don't have a family(wife or kids). I personally love the fact that I haven't produced children yet(did dodge a bullet awhile ago), as that would mean losing much of my "me time".

Some people want to get married and crank out the kids, for them that's bliss. Not all of us relish the thought of loud noisy kids that tie up our free time or look forward to having a spouse that constantly bitches us out for whatever is bothering them at the moment. Now before anyone explodes and wants to find a reason to go because I said all that. I'm going off from my own experience of watching my own close family and very close friends go through some very nasty divorces and get their lives completely wrecked six ways from Sunday. I look at my life and their lives and I wouldn't trade places for anything, not even for a moment.

I'm in my 30's and honestly wouldn't have a problem getting married in my 40's. Least by then I should have been able to weed out all the BS....

Oh yeah and by the way Grimulus

Someone says HI!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

The sumo races at Copper were great. Funny, the night we were all out to dinner and I walk into the bathroom, Schwantz is at the urinal next to me. Nearly pissed myself.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Hey now, don't slam those of us who don't have a family(wife or kids). I personally love the fact that I haven't produced children yet(did dodge a bullet awhile ago), as that would mean losing much of my "me time".

Some people want to get married and crank out the kids, for them that's bliss. Not all of us relish the thought of loud noisy kids that tie up our free time or look forward to having a spouse that constantly bitches us out for whatever is bothering them at the moment. Now before anyone explodes and wants to find a reason to go because I said all that. I'm going off from my own experience of watching my own close family and very close friends go through some very nasty divorces and get their lives completely wrecked six ways from Sunday. I look at my life and their lives and I wouldn't trade places for anything, not even for a moment.

I'm in my 30's and honestly wouldn't have a problem getting married in my 40's. Least by then I should have been able to weed out all the BS....

Oh yeah and by the way Grimulus

Someone says HI!!!
    Aren't you super religious? Perhaps, I'm wrong, the screen name if familiar, but I don't recognize the avatar...

Since, I'm always willing to go waaaay out on a limb... I'll go ahead and say what was on my mind.
    I'm surprised to hear a religious person preach about not being married, not wanting to have kids, and dodging a bullet. Dodging a bullet implies premarital sex. And, don't religious people claim that being married and having kids is the "bomb"? That's why god put us here.

Anyway, you're 1,000,000% correct!!! Well, about kids, anyway. I love being married, 25 years, now. Don't wait until you're 40, though. Guys are dicks and chicks are BAT SHIT CRAZY!!!! You wait until you're forty and you'll need a straight-jacket...
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    The sumo races at Copper were great. Funny, the night we were all out to dinner and I walk into the bathroom, Schwantz is at the urinal next to me. Nearly pissed myself.
    Yup! I always remember Kim stopping in the pits and staring into the back of a big truck. Schwantz was stripping down to put on his leathers and Kim watched him the whole time. I don't think he saw her, but I thanked him, for her, in the bar. He looked a little puzzled...

Perhaps, he did see her. When he walked into the bar, it seemed he stared at her for a second, or maybe he just likes blondes with big tits!
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Mon Oct 20th, 2014 at 08:13 PM.
    Kim & Dean

This thread has taught no one anything. The most riding I ever learned how to do from the Internet was how to adjust compression and all that Jaz.

But I might be at PMP on Haloween, it's 2 for 1. So if any of you actually want to get better, it's a great place to do so. I'm thinking I want to work on turn 10, and getting on the power out of 7 quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Aren't you super religious? Perhaps, I'm wrong, the screen name if familiar, but I don't recognize the avatar...

Since, I'm always willing to go waaaay out on a limb... I'll go ahead and say what was on my mind.
    I'm surprised to hear a religious person preach about not being married, not wanting to have kids, and dodging a bullet. Dodging a bullet implies premarital sex. And, don't religious people claim that being married and having kids is the "bomb"? That's why god put us here.

Anyway, you're 1,000,000% correct!!! Well, about kids, anyway. I love being married, 25 years, now. Don't wait until you're 40, though. Guys are dicks and chicks are BAT SHIT CRAZY!!!! You wait until you're forty and you'll need a straight-jacket...
    You are correct sir, I'm still the same guy you've gotten into religious debates with over the years.

Dude there are a lot of religious people that don't want to have kids or want to be married. The dodging the bullet thing happened awhile ago and not as bad as it seemed. However, I'm not perfect and have never claimed to be. We all make mistakes and I make a ton of them.

I think kids and marriage is great when you're ready for it. If you like dating women and are not ready to settle down, I see no reason to rush into marriage and then the temptation to stray is still possible. I don't believe in putting a woman through that kind of treatment if I'm not ready to settle down. Also, kids add to the problem as well. If you're not ready to settle down, then don't make kids either(there are ways to block procreation, not 100% though, unless you don't have sex at all).

Nah man, I'll wait until the time is right. It may never be right but I'm not worried about it. If I'm supposed to be single my whole life(meaning not married) then so be it. I've still got ME
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    This thread has taught no one anything. The most riding I ever learned how to do from the Internet was how to adjust compression and all that Jaz.

But I might be at PMP on Haloween, it's 2 for 1. So if any of you actually want to get better, it's a great place to do so. I'm thinking I want to work on turn 10, and getting on the power out of 7 quicker.

Gold Member

Bullshit. We have learned you're stubborn. Knight has premarital sex and townie is still a dumb ass. Lots to learn.

Oh and paragraphs are too much to ask when someone uses their phone.

Senior Member Moderator

To be honest, I don't know whether to laugh at a remark like this, or feel sorry that you said it. So let me break this down to make sure I'm not confused by what you're actually saying. By the way, what was it you said in that thread about the rider being hit by the CSP trooper? Ah, here it is...
    That post sounds all kinds of fishy. And it doesn't help that his grammar and sentence structure show the educational equivalent of a 4th grader.
    Are you saying that of all the riding skills you've gained, none of them have been achieved by using the internet? With the exception being that you learned how to adjust compression, etc.? If so, you're technically correct. A person can read as much theory as they want, but it's meaningless if they don't get out and apply it. Am I right? Oh, and making suspension adjustments isn't technically riding skill, it's mechanical skill.

So, and feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, the internet is nothing more than information, right? It's no different from reading a book, watching a how-to video, or have an instructor gabbing in your ear right next to you, yes? You could have Marc Marquez sit down with you, explain his observations after following you around the track, and you will learn absolutely nothing from it? It's just information, right? Unless, and I'm going out on a limb here, you choose to keep an open mind, and apply that information the next time you're out on the track, no? I'm having a breakthrough! I didn't realize you could use information and benefit from it! Hot damn! I'm a genius!

I'm glad you're here to tell us that this thread doesn't contain any useful information for anyone. Quite a broad generalization, wouldn't you say? I didn't realize you were the foremost expert on what information is deemed useful and what is not. You astound us all, professor! You get on out there, champ! Show the world that the only help you need is a $25k motorcycle and a long straight. You'll be winning races in no time! Bravo, sir! Bravo!

This thread is full of WIN!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"