Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

I'll be there for the full day on Monday, 10-13-14, with my BMW and a red Chevy Silverado as the tow rig. Please join me!

If anyone wants to carpool up from Springs I can fit one more bike in my truck.

Re: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

There's also a 2 for 1 day at PMP on 9/26 but it's Car/Bike lapping. I'll be at PMP next Friday. I really need to get up to HPR and try that track out. From the videos I've seen from everyone looks to be a great circuit.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    There's also a 2 for 1 day at PMP on 9/26 but it's Car/Bike lapping. I'll be at PMP next Friday. I really need to get up to HPR and try that track out. From the videos I've seen from everyone looks to be a great circuit.
    PMP is a great track, especially since it's only a mile from my house. But HPR is on an entirely different level, and if you buy bulk passes it's actually cheaper.

I'd go the 26th, but I'll be at HPR with my car!

If weather holds and I can get the misfire on the bike figured out by then I may be in. Good of a birthday present as any
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

So with bike/car do they race together?? Or take turns?

In other words, would I be racing a track with cars while I'm on my bike?
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    So with bike/car do they race together?? Or take turns?

In other words, would I be racing a track with cars while I'm on my bike?
    It's alternating sessions. Bikes usually at the top of the hour, cars at the bottom of the hour.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Never together.

PMP does mixed days with 2 groups, cars and bikes. Cars go for a half hour, bikes for a half hour.

HPR does either car only or bike only days, so bikes will have the track the entire day. They then split the bikes up into slow and fast groups, slow going for a half hour, fast for a half hour.

It actually works out really well. And trust me, you'll have plenty of time on the bike. After 20-25 minutes, I'm exhausted and ready for a break. And I usually leave at around 3 or 4 just because I'm so tired.

Might go down the 26th to pmp. I'll be the slow guy.

I am planning on going for the afternoon session at minimum. 1st track day in a year+. Anyone up for sharing a carport? Don't need power, just shade.

White Grand Cherokee towing Red Daytona 675.

How much are they?

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Meh. I'll pass and bring my own tent.

Shouldn't be all that warm then anyway
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I'm going to be there with some punch passes that I'm trying to get rid of....I'll be there right at 12 for the afternoon session....anyone wanna help out and purchase one...90 bucks
    Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by ticktock4792 View Post
    I'm going to be there with some punch passes that I'm trying to get rid of....I'll be there right at 12 for the afternoon session....anyone wanna help out and purchase one...90 bucks
    Let me know!
    If I get the bike misfire figured out by then I'll be there and take a half day from you
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    If I get the bike misfire figured out by then I'll be there and take a half day from you
    aight….. text me, i have a new phone and none of my old numbers
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)

I'm interested in getting some half day passes if anyone has any they aren't using. 3 would be perfect.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I should be able to make this one.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Getting excited! I got my brakes all done, and the oil changed. Bike is ready to go, and so am I. I might even wash it.

It really annoys me how much everyone on this forum raves about "tearing up the canyons" but are too big of pussies to take it to the track.

Anyway... Got the bike ready today. Mirrors off, oil checked, rear brake adjusted, and air filter cleaned. As soon as the rain stops it goes in the pickup!

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It really annoys me how much everyone on this forum raves about "tearing up the canyons" but are too big of pussies to take it to the track.
    Man, you really need to learn some tact, or maybe how to talk like an adult. The most I've spent on a day out carving canyons (barring any fun tax), is probably $60, to include fuel & lunch. That's a big difference from the costs of bike prep, time spent traveling, money spent on fuel for a vehicle to get there, the day pass, and the one-time track orientation fee for many of us. There are plenty of guys that would love to hit the track, but not everyone, including yourself at one time, has the money to spend, or even a track suit to do so. Try putting yourself in other people's shoes before making unnecessary accusations from unreasonable expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I know, but we're going to lose the tracks if people don't come out to them. I get that it's hard to get out there, I played the excuses game for years. But now that I popped my cherry, I hate riding on the streets. It's boring, expensive, and more risky than barebacking a midnight Colfax Avenue girl. And this forum has so many threads about how much cops suck because they write riders tickets for breaking the law, well I've never seen a single trooper hanging out with a radar gun at turn 4.

Now that I do ride track, I ride the canyons just to actually see things, and hardly even break the speed limit. Funny, cops don't hassle me for doing 65 in a 65 either.

I'll be at the end of month 2 for 1 at PMP I just need a man to share the experience with.
    You had me at Midnight Colfax Girl, but that last part just sounds extra gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Man, you really need to learn some tact, or maybe how to talk like an adult. The most I've spent on a day out carving canyons (barring any fun tax), is probably $60, to include fuel & lunch. That's a big difference from the costs of bike prep, time spent traveling, money spent on fuel for a vehicle to get there, the day pass, and the one-time track orientation fee for many of us. There are plenty of guys that would love to hit the track, but not everyone, including yourself at one time, has the money to spend, or even a track suit to do so. Try putting yourself in other people's shoes before making unnecessary accusations from unreasonable expectations.
    I think you may be coming down a little hard on Aaron there Drano. I know you and him have some pent up frustrations between each other that need to get aired out(LOL j/king!)

Honestly, though I can see where Aaron is coming from. He does have a point in that you will never get hassled at the track for going to fast, dragging your knee or having a extra loud exhaust. His point does have some credence because of the unusually high amount of threads on here that people have posted with their trips going bad or ending up with contact with law enforcement. It does seem that it has happened more frequently than usual and that could be nothing more than coincidence. It could be law enforcement stepping up their presence in those areas because of complaints from local residents about the high amounts of motorcycle traffic. Regardless of whatever the reason, you have to admit that it does seem a lot of you have made contact with local law enforcement this year.

I don't know what axe you have to grind with Aaron is but I will say that in speaking with him at the track. He's a nice enough guy and doesn't come across the way his posts seem to portray him.

I can totally understand your point of view but only to a degree. You mention not everyone has the money for a full suit. I would recommend maybe skipping a month or two of canyon rides and investing in a full suit, boots, gloves and helmet. With the amount of canyon rides you guys do(usually every weekend), if you spent roughly $60 each day(Saturday and Sunday, assuming you ride both days). That's $120 in one weekend and in five weeks time that's $600. There's your money for gloves and boots right there. In another five or six weeks save up for a suit. I'd recommend getting this stuff in the Winter that way you really don't see the money being saved because the riding season is over. Also, that's assuming you buy brand new gear. There is plenty of used gear to be found not only on this site's For Sale section. Craigslist and Ebay offer excellent venues for snagging some decent gear. Also, site's like Revzilla and MotoSport offer discounts on much of their gear.

I agree with you that riding the canyons is much cheaper. But really is it?? When you factor in the risks involved in canyon rides(especially if you ride them the way I used to). I can't tell you how many close calls I had in the mountains. For me, I knew I had to get to the track because I was always pushing it in the mountains.

The $100 I spend on a track fee, pales in comparison to coming around a corner in the mountains with my knee on the ground and seeing gravel in the corner, or worse at cow or a oncoming vehicle in your lane. Believe me, those two scenarios have happened to me. Barely missed the damn cow and the oncoming guy in a Subaru WRX swerved at the last moment to avoid a head on collision with me. In both instances I was going way to fast and had my knee on the ground. Why?? Because that's how I rode in the mountains(like a f**king idiot!!). Suffice to say, there isn't a highway law that I didn't break.

Dude I've had more pucker moments before the age of 26 riding in the mountains than most people ever will encounter. Why?? because again, I used to ride like a total D-bag with complete disregard for safety. I got better or safer I should say as time went on, mainly due the fact that I saw way to many guys going down on rides. Had one to many close calls than I wanted so I decided that I needed to change. I found out about going to the track through a local MRA racer. Did a little over a dozen or so track days in the span of two years before I had my big crash at the track. Took some time off to fix a few things in my life and get sorted and now I'm back on the track and for good this time. Already knocked out four track days and may do one more this year.

Believe me Drano, you can try and justify not going to the track as much as the next guy. But if you're riding like I did, and from the stories I've heard about some rides that have happened on here. Seems like it's the same old same old, with just new and different riders. People will always push it in the mountains and sooner or later the inevitable happens.

Reason I gave up riding on the street is for a couple of reasons. Mainly now that I have a CDL, I can't risk tickets at all. I'm also not a huge fan of the way people are starting to drive these days. Yeah back 10 years ago people drove terrible. However, just on my commutes to work I saw some serious bad drivers and people who you can tell spend their entire time behind the wheel of their vehicle with their head up their ass.

My bike is track only now. I let my plates expire at the end of last month and won't be getting new ones. Am I going to race?? No and highly unlikely that I ever will. I'm getting to old for that part of track riding. I still enjoy riding the track and pushing my limits on track days. I'm still plenty young enough to continue that sort of riding.

I also have to agree with Aaron on more people going to the tracks. The more people that do go out for track days the more these tracks will be around for us in the future and our future generations. Who knows, if more and more people would do track days, maybe the tracks would lower their track day fees. Still though, $100 for a Half Day at Pueblo is a smoking deal. I still knock out close to 40-50 laps every time I go out. To me, that's more important than anything. Getting in quality laps now and learning about my riding. Learning why I'm getting faster and where I need to improve(at this point it's in many areas).

So I know you two enjoy bagging on each other and yeah Aaron could have approached the comment a little more diplomatic but that's how he's wired I suppose. I've noticed you seem to have it out for him, the way I have it out for Fast and Furious HAHA!!! Relentless smack talk
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    You had me at Midnight Colfax Girl, but that last part just sounds extra gay.

I think you may be coming down a little hard on Aaron there Drano. I know you and him have some pent up frustrations between each other that need to get aired out(LOL j/king!)

Honestly, though I can see where Aaron is coming from. He does have a point in that you will never get hassled at the track for going to fast, dragging your knee or having a extra loud exhaust. His point does have some credence because of the unusually high amount of threads on here that people have posted with their trips going bad or ending up with contact with law enforcement. It does seem that it has happened more frequently than usual and that could be nothing more than coincidence. It could be law enforcement stepping up their presence in those areas because of complaints from local residents about the high amounts of motorcycle traffic. Regardless of whatever the reason, you have to admit that it does seem a lot of you have made contact with local law enforcement this year.

I don't know what axe you have to grind with Aaron is but I will say that in speaking with him at the track. He's a nice enough guy and doesn't come across the way his posts seem to portray him.

I can totally understand your point of view but only to a degree. You mention not everyone has the money for a full suit. I would recommend maybe skipping a month or two of canyon rides and investing in a full suit, boots, gloves and helmet. With the amount of canyon rides you guys do(usually every weekend), if you spent roughly $60 each day(Saturday and Sunday, assuming you ride both days). That's $120 in one weekend and in five weeks time that's $600. There's your money for gloves and boots right there. In another five or six weeks save up for a suit. I'd recommend getting this stuff in the Winter that way you really don't see the money being saved because the riding season is over. Also, that's assuming you buy brand new gear. There is plenty of used gear to be found not only on this site's For Sale section. Craigslist and Ebay offer excellent venues for snagging some decent gear. Also, site's like Revzilla and MotoSport offer discounts on much of their gear.

I agree with you that riding the canyons is much cheaper. But really is it?? When you factor in the risks involved in canyon rides(especially if you ride them the way I used to). I can't tell you how many close calls I had in the mountains. For me, I knew I had to get to the track because I was always pushing it in the mountains.

The $100 I spend on a track fee, pales in comparison to coming around a corner in the mountains with my knee on the ground and seeing gravel in the corner, or worse at cow or a oncoming vehicle in your lane. Believe me, those two scenarios have happened to me. Barely missed the damn cow and the oncoming guy in a Subaru WRX swerved at the last moment to avoid a head on collision with me. In both instances I was going way to fast and had my knee on the ground. Why?? Because that's how I rode in the mountains(like a f**king idiot!!). Suffice to say, there isn't a highway law that I didn't break.

Dude I've had more pucker moments before the age of 26 riding in the mountains than most people ever will encounter. Why?? because again, I used to ride like a total D-bag with complete disregard for safety. I got better or safer I should say as time went on, mainly due the fact that I saw way to many guys going down on rides. Had one to many close calls than I wanted so I decided that I needed to change. I found out about going to the track through a local MRA racer. Did a little over a dozen or so track days in the span of two years before I had my big crash at the track. Took some time off to fix a few things in my life and get sorted and now I'm back on the track and for good this time. Already knocked out four track days and may do one more this year.

Believe me Drano, you can try and justify not going to the track as much as the next guy. But if you're riding like I did, and from the stories I've heard about some rides that have happened on here. Seems like it's the same old same old, with just new and different riders. People will always push it in the mountains and sooner or later the inevitable happens.

Reason I gave up riding on the street is for a couple of reasons. Mainly now that I have a CDL, I can't risk tickets at all. I'm also not a huge fan of the way people are starting to drive these days. Yeah back 10 years ago people drove terrible. However, just on my commutes to work I saw some serious bad drivers and people who you can tell spend their entire time behind the wheel of their vehicle with their head up their ass.

My bike is track only now. I let my plates expire at the end of last month and won't be getting new ones. Am I going to race?? No and highly unlikely that I ever will. I'm getting to old for that part of track riding. I still enjoy riding the track and pushing my limits on track days. I'm still plenty young enough to continue that sort of riding.

I also have to agree with Aaron on more people going to the tracks. The more people that do go out for track days the more these tracks will be around for us in the future and our future generations. Who knows, if more and more people would do track days, maybe the tracks would lower their track day fees. Still though, $100 for a Half Day at Pueblo is a smoking deal. I still knock out close to 40-50 laps every time I go out. To me, that's more important than anything. Getting in quality laps now and learning about my riding. Learning why I'm getting faster and where I need to improve(at this point it's in many areas).

So I know you two enjoy bagging on each other and yeah Aaron could have approached the comment a little more diplomatic but that's how he's wired I suppose. I've noticed you seem to have it out for him, the way I have it out for Fast and Furious HAHA!!! Relentless smack talk
    awesome post!!! Need to do some track days with ya next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    awesome post!!! Need to do some track days with ya next year!!!
    Dude any post that refers to Midnight Colfax Girls is automatically an awesome post
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"