Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

Re: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It really annoys me how much everyone on this forum raves about "tearing up the canyons" but are too big of pussies to take it to the track.
    Yeah I'm a great big vagina as well. I prefer not to judge people unless they have the dumb.

Cool! 2015 bimmer huh ?! What changes from yours?
    Think it's to early to be planning a track day in April ? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Cool! 2015 bimmer huh ?! What changes from yours?
    Think it's to early to be planning a track day in April ? Lol
    Ya. I'm powerless when they add horsepower. New bike is 9 lbs lighter, has 6 hp more, has dynamic dampening control, cruise control, quickshifter both up and down, and a better traction control algorithm.

April sounds good, I'm hoping to have the new one in january!

Putting body work on it ?

I haven't decided yet. I don't much care for the factory paint schemes, but probably still will commute on occasion.

Not sure who all here or not, but there are definitely people that ride track and street. I personally ride both, and don't foresee quitting either one. I enjoy 'cruising' in the mountains etc and just getting out and riding. I don't commute on the bike that much honestly, my commute is short and boring currently and the gear, cargo, etc make it a bit of a hassle. I could, but there really isn't much of a benefit for me. I do still enjoy just getting out and riding though, and we live in a pretty good place for it. My street riding isn't about seeing how fast I can run a certain canyon, getting my knee down, etc, it's just about enjoying the ride. That's not to say I ride a moped at 30 up the canyons though either.

I also enjoy the track riding (and racing) and do a fair amount of it. It's a blast to be able to push yourself and machine in that environment. It has also progressed my riding skill, especially working on riding my slow bike fast.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Ya. I'm powerless when they add horsepower. New bike is 9 lbs lighter, has 6 hp more, has dynamic dampening control, cruise control, quickshifter both up and down, and a better traction control algorithm.

April sounds good, I'm hoping to have the new one in january!
    If it's just horsepower you're going for, why not an H2, H2R, new R1, etc?
    Blair

It's not just horsepower, but that's a big consideration.

The H2 is really expensive, and last I heard not street legal. The R1 I doubt will have as much power as the rumor states, and even if it does it'll lack everything else the bmw has and/or excels at. Lastly, ever since getting on my bmw I've never been on another bike that fit me half as well. It just clicks with me and my style of riding.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

It's not just horsepower, but that's a big consideration.

The H2 is really expensive, and last I heard not street legal. The R1 I doubt will have as much power as the rumor states, and even if it does it'll lack everything else the bmw has and/or excels at. Lastly, ever since getting on my bmw I've never been on another bike that fit me half as well. It just clicks with me and my style of riding.
    The H2 is street legal, the H2R is not.

The R1 comments... heh, we shall see November 3rd.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Well, the day the R1 has cruise control it'll be considered against an S1000RR. But by that time the BMW will probably have active cruise control

Well, the day the R1 has cruise control it'll be considered against an S1000RR. But by that time the BMW will probably have active cruise control
    Cruise control is the deciding factory? Mmmmk. Not high on my list of priorities on a superbike, but okie dokie.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Not deciding, but it's a big consideration. If the new RR didn't have it I wouldn't even consider upgrading. I use my Superbike for a lot of commuting, and that's the only thing I wish my bike had. The other upgrades are nice too, just not enough by themselves to justify the upgrade.

Senior Member Moderator

I think they are man, because the bike was all over the place. Fun as hell to ride! I'm sure I could've cut seconds off my time, because I only felt it slipping on one corner, but I just didn't have the gonads to push any harder, especially considering my bike doesn't have any crash protection. In that corner, it was the tight right hand uphill right before the corkscrew, I was maxed.
    Before I'd blame the tires I'd look into my setup. It's quite possible you're not using enough rear brake before corner entry, or another factor you could try is softening the suspension up a bit.

Not deciding, but it's a big consideration. If the new RR didn't have it I wouldn't even consider upgrading. I use my Superbike for a lot of commuting, and that's the only thing I wish my bike had. The other upgrades are nice too, just not enough by themselves to justify the upgrade.
    I use to ride my R1 everywhere, commuting, going out, canyons and track. It has 34k miles on it now. Never once did I think, you know what this needs? Cruise control! But everyone has their own thing that they want on a bike.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

I do about 12,000 miles a year, with a lot of trips between Pueblo and Denver, so 120 mile trips on the slab :/ I know it's not for most, but people laughed when bmw put heated grips on them, and now you have to search long and hard to find a bike that was ordered without them!

I do about 12,000 miles a year, with a lot of trips between Pueblo and Denver, so 120 mile trips on the slab :/ I know it's not for most, but people laughed when bmw put heated grips on them, and now you have to search long and hard to find a bike that was ordered without them!
    They do have cruise control that you can buy as aftermarket, I think Bob has one on his R1. I would put a Cramp Buster on my bike for the slab rides and it helped a lot.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

I read over one aftermarket option, but never did pull the trigger. But now with it being offered OEM on a bike I already love, along with other improvements, my mind is made. I have a throttle lock on my current bike, and I hate it. I want a steady 83mph, not somewhere between 60 and 90.

Cruise control?? On a sportbike?? Really??

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Then don't order it on your bike Just continue beating my ass around PMP like I just learned how to ride.

Then don't order it on your bike Just continue beating my ass around PMP like I just learned how to ride.
    LOL!!

Suzuki isn't cool enough to have cruise control. I won't be ordering a bike any time soon, I'll be rocking my 03' technology for years to come.

Good luck on the new 1000RR, I would get some race fairings man and save your stock ones. It's a nice little insurance policy for the bike. That's the only thing I'm ordering over the Winter(and new rearsets) but even on street fairings with all my lights taken off, I still was leery this season pushing it, as I was still riding on the street. I know that's why I pushed more that last day we were down there, as I had the lights all taken out except for the headlight. Wasn't going to use her for the street anymore and no sense in worrying about it. I'm still getting the race fairings and saving my street plastics.

Take it from me, when I owned the sh*t out of my 2002 GSX-R1000 in turn 5 years ago, looking back and seeing all the street plastics and headlight ripped off the bike was enough to make me want to throw up. Least with race fairings you won't care if you smash those up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Wait, what happened to:

... On the track I go into corners sideways, leave black stripes on corner exits, and hang the front wheel on the straights. ...
    ?
    Blair

Gold Member

http://touch.cycleworld.com/all/132865#1

As it was brought up a while back. Just been busy.

We've already determined my tires aren't up for the task, and that I do not generally hold very good corner speeds. On 1 or 2 corners in the track I think I hit my tire's limit, everywhere else I am probably only 70% or so of what the tires can do.

But after pushing all day long I finally hit the black nights lap times, but he was holding back.

The bike looks too pretty in street trim :/

I don't know anyone who frequents the track, and still rides on the street. I'm the only one, and I've not only cut my street riding back by 95%, but I'm considering making the new bike track only.

Why in the hell would you want cruise control on a track bike?
    2005 GSXR 1000 - Not stock...
    2006 SV650S - Rebuild in progress, with some upgrades...
    1998 Yamaha WR400 - Not stock...
    2008 Dodge QCSB 6.7L Cummins - 525/1019 HP/TQ