Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: Monday, October 13 HPR Motorcycles Only Lapping

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    This thread has taught no one anything.
    I just learned something.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I just learned something.
    yup, me too

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Bullshit. We have learned you're stubborn. Knight has premarital sex and townie is still a dumb ass. Lots to learn.

Oh and paragraphs are too much to ask when someone uses their phone.
    That pretty much sums it up.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

So the most expensive and prettiest bike doesn't make you faster? I learned something there. I call this expensive bike syndrome. For two years at IMI I rode an $800 2004 ninja 250 (1988 technology) that was ugly as sin. I just wanted to learn as much as possible and be become a better rider.

Almost every day at the track someone would show up on some brand new drool worthy bike, my brother and I would just laugh, "here comes another one." We would then spend the rest of our sessions lapping the guy on the $15k bike with full exhaust, quickshifter, power commander, etc. Eventually some would come over and ask, "what kind of bike is that? Do you race?" 80% of then couldn't ride in the parking lot let alone the track. If, and they usually didn't, they talked riding with us it was usually about them and their bike, how fast they were in the canyons, etc. Rarely they would ask why our bikes (not the riders on them) were so fast. The ego of motorcycle riders is a fragile thing (mine included), so after they learn that someone is faster and they haven't really learned how to ride better what is the solution? A 2015 BMW S1000R, because that extra hp really helps with trail braking, body position, and all the other unimportant things that learning from listening to more experienced riders and applying can provide.

So Aaron, here's the lessons. It's great that you've discovered the track, it took me a long time to do so and I'll never ride on the street again. Now really take advantage of the opportunity, listen to the great advice that MRA racers are giving. Apply it. You don't need more HP you need less. Let's be honest, their are less than 20 riders in the whole state who can truly maximize the potential of a bone stock 600, I'm certainly not one but I am working hard to learn as much as I can in order to be one. Any time someone is at the track and seem to be competent, even if I'm faster, I'll always ask them questions. I'll follow them to examine their lines, body position, whatever. I'll ask them if they could follow me and provide feedback.

For all the guys considering the track, do it. I rode and raced motocross for years, bought an F3 at 16, first track day at 30 on a pos ninja 250 and learned more in two track days than the 14 years on the street. It will help you be safer on the streets, if you even continue to ride on the street, and it's a blast. Start at IMI, it's cheap and small, it will teach you the importantance of corner speed and how to achieve it.

Ramble over, sorry for my numerous grammatical errors.
    Last edited by mcarthd26; Tue Oct 21st, 2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect

I've learned a track bike is better with cruise control, and you tube will teach me how to set up my suspension.

I miss Second Creek Raceway; so convenient......yes some riders were probably already on the track when some on this board were just starting to ride/drive....try not to forget!

The memories of it Tribute to Second Creek Raceway - an album on Flickr (crashed on some of those turns...brings it all back...stupid "dip" turn I crashed and bruised a kidney on and pissed blood for a few days...along with a fierce concussion and ruining a expensive Arai Replica helmet; no complaints as probably saved my life)

But I do love how the "track" talks by some makes it seem like this is some new thing they discovered Just like this has been talked about so many times and if people still think it is the bike that makes them fast and not the skills, that just shows inexperience.

My first reaction to the track "OMG, I thought I was fast, but I am nothing compared to some of these guys"....what a eye opener and how much I had to learn.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Oct 21st, 2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    That pretty much sums it up.
    What more can one ask for in a thread this action packed? This thread really does have it all. Personally I just love when these kind of threads really gain traction and take on a life of their own. These kind of WIN filled threads are once in a great while.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    What more can one ask for in a thread this action packed? This thread really does have it all. Personally I just love when these kind of threads really gain traction and take on a life of their own. These kind of WIN filled threads are once in a great while.
    This thread is like herpes. It just keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I miss Second Creek Raceway;

Never seen any of those names for the turns, except the Esses. When we ran there, we had different names for every turn. House turn, Carousel, Rats Nest, The 88's. Damn, I miss that track!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Well that was a good waste of 15 minutes of my life. Thanks.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by 07D675CO View Post
    That's what this site is for noob.

I don't get why people are saying this. Yes there is some BS in the thread, but did anyone really read what some people posted like Black Knight, Drano, Rybo, Dirk, etc on setup, technique, etc! There was some very useful information in there from riders who have been doing this a long time. WTF!

Gold Member

I don't get why people are saying this. Yes there is some BS in the thread, but did anyone really read what some people posted like Black Knight, Drano, Rybo, Dirk, etc on setup, technique, etc! There was some very useful information in there from riders who have been doing this a long time. WTF!
    Because everyone is pro man. Didn't you know? They just haven't goten the chance to shine. Give them the bike and they would all set the new fastest lap. Duh.

God I'm a prick.

thank God I don't ride street anymore
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'd like to say I've learned a shit ton from this thread, and am talking to a guy about buying his suit as we speak. Oh and laughing at townie cause he is a prick but sometimes his jokes are hilarious.

I miss Second Creek Raceway; so convenient......yes some riders were probably already on the track when some on this board were just starting to ride/drive....try not to forget!

The memories of it Tribute to Second Creek Raceway - an album on Flickr (crashed on some of those turns...brings it all back...stupid "dip" turn I crashed and bruised a kidney on and pissed blood for a few days...along with a fierce concussion and ruining a expensive Arai Replica helmet; no complaints as probably saved my life)

But I do love how the "track" talks by some makes it seem like this is some new thing they discovered Just like this has been talked about so many times and if people still think it is the bike that makes them fast and not the skills, that just shows inexperience.

My first reaction to the track "OMG, I thought I was fast, but I am nothing compared to some of these guys"....what a eye opener and how much I had to learn.
    Ohhhh my Goooood. That is too fucking cool! I didn't even know this raceway existed until a buddy of mine took us to this track he said was abandoned.. We went out and he started doing laps to warm up the tires on his Saleen. He stopped by me and literally let me drop the clutch and learn how to drift right there around the "oval turn". That was the coolest thing I've ever done in a car.. and to see those race pictures, that's freakin awesome!!
    06 GSXR 750

Because everyone is pro man. Didn't you know? They just haven't goten the chance to shine. Give them the bike and they would all set the new fastest lap. Duh.

God I'm a prick.
    Well yeah, all we need is the latest and greatest S1000RR in slick mode brah. Then we would be fast and furious!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Never seen any of those names for the turns, except the Esses. When we ran there, we had different names for every turn. House turn, Carousel, Rats Nest, The 88's. Damn, I miss that track!!!
    Yeah kind of thought the same thing when I saw it too; think we all just made up our own names for the turns; mainly by how Hoopty crashed on that turn prior….cuz he crashed on nearly every turn at some point I just miss the days of rolling up there for a quick track day and then hanging with all the racers I knew back then. Like our VIP sessions back then were awesome and I miss those days……

God I'm a prick.
    I agree though man and it does seem like everyone thinks they are a pro now and want no advice. What happened to the days of looking up to someone to improve instead of arguing with them. I’ve said it before: I would be nowhere near as good a rider today without all the advice I got over the years. I use go to the track and see some of the fast guys ride so when I went with them in the canyons I was always watching their lines and technique and trying to mimic it; heck if they are that good why would I question them! Just seems like generations now think it somehow makes you look inferior for asking for advice.

And like someone else said on this thread “there are maybe a handful of guys now in CO that could ride a 600 to its full potential…especially with a few bolt on mods.” You don’t think so, then challenge some of the top racers here and get schooled….then swallow your pride and see if they will help you…I’ve found like 95% of racers love to help others if you just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    I'd like to say I've learned a shit ton from this thread, and am talking to a guy about buying his suit as we speak. Oh and laughing at townie cause he is a prick but sometimes his jokes are hilarious.

Ohhhh my Goooood. That is too fucking cool! I didn't even know this raceway existed until a buddy of mine took us to this track he said was abandoned.. We went out and he started doing laps to warm up the tires on his Saleen. He stopped by me and literally let me drop the clutch and learn how to drift right there around the "oval turn". That was the coolest thing I've ever done in a car.. and to see those race pictures, that's freakin awesome!!
    I am glad there are some people still getting useful info out of this site! Like I said above there are plenty of people that are willing to help so people need to realize a few dumb posts doesn’t mean there is not valuable info in there; that is what forums really are!

Yeah I am surprised how many people don’t know Second Creek existed. Was such a sad day when it finally closed down and I still flip off the houses there that came in after the track was there and complained about the noise…bs, you moved into cheaper land way out there by a racetrack…..can you tell I am still pissed about it (sure there was more to it though, but that was the main issue I heard). Even sadder to hear it is still there just deserted when so many others could be enjoying it; plus get people off the streets.

Well yeah, all we need is the latest and greatest S1000RR in slick mode brah. Then we would be fast and furious!
    Only thing I need to make me fast and furious is two bottles of NOS and I'll need them by tonight.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Yeah I am surprised how many people don’t know Second Creek existed. Was such a sad day when it finally closed down and I still flip off the houses there that came in after the track was there and complained about the noise…bs, you moved into cheaper land way out there by a racetrack…..can you tell I am still pissed about it (sure there was more to it though, but that was the main issue I heard). Even sadder to hear it is still there just deserted when so many others could be enjoying it; plus get people off the streets.
    They should probably close down the airport too, since it was there before those houses too. Idiots. They're ok with the noise day and night from a freakin airport, but not noise from a track that operates during the day....
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    They should probably close down the airport too, since it was there before those houses too. Idiots. They're ok with the noise day and night from a freakin airport, but not noise from a track that operates during the day....
    Exactly!!! We ran during the day with mufflers, but SCR was associated with the hillbilly dirt track next door. They ran at night and no mufflers. The city council meeting was a joke. They would not separate the two. However, there was one councilwoman that said she liked us because we ran during the day. Too bad she didn't have more influence!!

BTW - SCR always operated under "special permit". It was just a matter of time before it got shut down.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

If SCR had not shut down, HPR would not have happened. Although it was a great cheap (dangerous) track I am now happier with the outcome. After HPR, SCR is now like IMI, too small, too rough and too little maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    If SCR had not shut down, HPR would not have happened. Although it was a great cheap (dangerous) track I am now happier with the outcome. After HPR, SCR is now like IMI, too small, too rough and too little maintenance.
    HPR just needs something, anything around it.

HPR just needs something, anything around it.
    Like houses with cranky homeowners??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Like houses with cranky homeowners??
    Haha no, like convenience store or something.