What happened - I went over to my friend's house since I had never seen his house since he bought it. Near the development, there is a mostly straight road that runs by a field--key word is "mostly" straight. Anyways, since it is a residential street and pretty new, the road has no stripes painted on it. It didn't help that the crash happened in the dark and I had a tinted shield on my helmet. Anyways, there is a portion of that straight street where it actually does a little S turn, and since there were no stripes to help me see the curve coming, I had a hard time seeing the curve in the street with my tinted visor and the new black asphalt at night. I went off the road, probably rode it out a bit but eventually went down. Paramedics picked me up, I came to my senses probably hours later in the hospital. Needless to say, I actually don't remember it at all--I just woke up in the hospital with a bunch of stuff hooked up to me.
This was my second concussion in the last month and a half, so that probably added to it since I'm sure you're wondering why I got so knocked out with a helmet on. I wasn't going very fast, the damage to my body is pretty minimal although I am definitely sore in the neck and knee. Last time I didn't really believe I had a concussion because I got knocked out by a gang of thugs (or I would imagine) in Minneapolis and got robbed but I remembered everything that happened before and after. This time it was definitely far worse since I remember nothing for a pretty long block of time.