Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Motul brake fluid and what pads for the track?

Re: Which Motul brake fluid and what pads for the track?

And how much are you planning on spending on a bike you'very never even ridden just to make it better? Shouldn't you focus on learning how to ride first?

And learn how to shop too, because if your SV list was created shopping like you did for my MC, I could cut that almost in half.

Senior Member Moderator

Look, man, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm honestly trying to help you avoid making a purchase you may not need. I really don't care if you want to spend the time and money to put the best components on your bike. I'm just concerned that you're barking up the wrong tree for the sake of improving performance. Forgive me if I don't think you're even close to meriting the need of those components. Guys are saying you've still got some technique to improve upon before worrying about components, and I happen to agree with them. But, as I've said, over and over, it's your money, do what you want.

This is the last time I'll offer my counsel to you. Honestly, what's the point of asking for advice if you're just going to piss on the people you don't agree with?

The difference concerning what I plan to do to my next bike is that I am not on the forums asking for advice about what to do. I know what I want to do because I have done it before and will do it again in exactly the way I want to. If I get an SV1000S I will put a lot of work into it and buy a lot of parts to get it where I want it because I want it that way. Did I ask for your advice about it? No, because I don't need your advice on it, nor would I want your unsolicited advice because I saw how you treated your own. I know what an SV needs, because I've put in the saddle and wrench time on one already, so the choices I will make are based on past experience, not because some guy on SV forums told me to do it that way.

Growing up I was pretty blessed because my father was a general contractor. He'd spend his waking hours working on bids and submitting proposals, and one piece of advice he taught me was that you don't under-price your bid. The estimated cost I shared with you is just that, an estimate. I purposely looked for the highest priced items to give me a realistic idea of how much it could cost. When it actually comes to shopping for parts, it will cost a lot less. Thanks for playing, though.

Anyway, good luck with your brakes, man
    Last edited by Drano; Mon Sep 29th, 2014 at 09:25 PM.

Finally got around to doing some work. Pads swapped out really easily, in fact they're designed so pads can be changed without even unbolting the caliper, they can be done on the bike with the only needed tool being a screwdriver to push the piston back in with. Cleaned the calipers, lightly sanded the rotors, and am working on the master cylinder now. I would have really liked to go with some carbon discs and monobloc calipers, but can't justify the cost especially when I'll be replacing this bike in a year (Hopefully less!)

2015 S1000RR has launch control, DDC, quickshifter pro, cruise control, 199bhp, and other tid bits that sound cool. I think I like my bike's looks better, but I'll settle on that to get cruise control.