Thread: MotoGP - Aragon *spoilers*

MotoGP - Aragon *spoilers*

Interesting race - not sure who watched it today? I didn't but caught up on the updates. Seems like there were a lot of crashes today. I saw the Vale went down fairly hard.

Nice to see Jorge put a W on the boards. Gotta say I was pretty happy to see some new faces occupying 2nd and 3rd too. Was wondering when we'd see one of the Espagaro brothers on the podium.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by rush4theyeho; Sun Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:56 PM.

Senior Member Moderator

Re: MotoGP - Aragon *spoilers*

Some of those crashes definitely had me cringing, glad nobody was seriously harmed. As for the results: bad mistakes and serious miscalculations cost some guys pretty badly, but I was still happy with how it finished. Despite the weather rearing her ugly head, Jorge had a tremendous ride, especially considering the outlook for Yamaha following FP4 and Q2.

It was crazy seeing Dovi and Iannone both put their GP14.2's out of commission. It would have been nice to see their performance over race distance rather than binned up and out. They were looking pretty good in the FPs. It's nice to see the tangible progress Ducati is making.

Needless to say, I was shocked to see Crutchlow performing well for a change. Honestly, I don't care for Cal. He's made a lot of noise this season about how terrible things are for him. Contrast that to Dovizioso, who has kept his head down and made great strides to do the best with what he's got despite the shortcomings of the bike, and has produced quite well considering. I can't help but hope that 2015 puts Dovi and Iannone on race-winning machines just to rub it in Crutchlow's face next year. Granted, Cal will have a competitive bike if he can remember how to ride it so we'll see. His response to one of the questions during the post-race press conference shows how much of a dick he can be. Granted, he may have a realistic outlook on what remains of his season, but being snide to an interviewer who is only echoing the fans' hopes to see him back in good form makes it difficult to like him.

Anyway I really thought today would be a Honda 1 & 2 with Pedrosa making up for last season's snafu, but it just wasn't meant to be. Onwards to Motegi!

It was a crazy race. Glad to see Marquez er well not see him on the podium. Too bad for Rossi. I think he would have been up there.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

This is was for sure a good race, and a nail biter when you were just waiting for riders to switch bikes. It was unfortunate for Rossi to crash after he touched that astro turf. I think they should do away with that astro turf, I understand its there to penalize riders for gaining an advantage if they just so happen to go off track, but at least put down some green grip paint. In case a rider is in a situation they could use that runoff to help slow themselves down. Ianone suffered the same fate with his crash, i think he went form turf to grass and that is all she wrote.

Great race; worth watching the whole thing even if you already know the results.