Thread: Saddlebags, brackets, and such

Saddlebags, brackets, and such

Well Givi is coming out with a bracket setup for their easy lock bags for my street triple. I like the C-bow setup by hepco & Becker as well. The givi seems more expensive and not as nice looking with the bags off. There is the Swmotech setup that is a cross between a throw over bag they just stabilize on the passenger footpeg. I plan on a few long weekend trips next summer and hopefully a week long excursion to the black Hills or California. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Should I find someone to fabricate my own bracket? Anyone want to help? Cost is a bit of an issue...... Any lightweight hard bags out there that I keep missing?

Re: Saddlebags, brackets, and such

Givi makes great luggage but as you pointed out, they're a little pricey.

Have you looked on Craigslist? (one of the "all of craiglist" searches). I know you mentioned they just came out with the bracket for the 2014 Street Triple but maybe it shares the bracket with another bike? Try to find out the model number for the mounting hardware.

The bags themselves are the same.

I run a GIVI top case and it's great. Using a GIVI top case and some soft saddle bags might be a more cost effective option. The top cases are great for day rides and you don't notice they're on the bike. Also water proof.

There's a company called "SHAD" that I've seen mentioned from time to time as a Givi alternative. They look almost the same. No personal experience with them.

http://www.shadusa.com/en/shad-usa/
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Re: Saddlebags, brackets, and such

I know the subframe changed after 2012. I'll check shad out on a real pc. There are four mounting points in the subframe (triumph makes passenger grab handles that can be mounted there). Also would rather have the luggage off the paint since the bike tends to get rained on and dirt/sand/whatever was caught between some throw over bags on another trip....