Thread: Resurrection!

Resurrection!

Haven't been riding much this past year aside to and from work, but a while ago took the DRZ for a quick trip up Golden Gate and down Coal Creek. After the ride, I gunned it pulling out into traffic on 93, only to look behind and see a car right on my ass. At that point I realized as much as I love the Dizzer, I still wanted something faster. As I think used bike prices have been out of control for the past year or two, I keep looking around until I found something I considered reasonable. A few weeks ago, came across a 2006 Z750S on craigslist that had been be wrecked, but mechanically was sound and had less than 4,000 miles. Picked it up for a good price and got ready to build me a streetfighter! I've always liked the naked bike look, so was pretty excited to finally get to build one.

Picking it up:

At home:

Re: Resurrection!

Stripped her down to see what I was working with, and started buying parts. First thing to show up was 'new' side panels. Received headlight, fork mounting bracket and mirrors today. Unfortunately they sent me 2 right side mirrors, so they're going back and I'm reordering. They look pretty sweet on the bike though.

Stripped down:

Side panels:

Two right side mirrors:

Headlight fit up and one mirror:

Waiting on turn signals, replacement mirrors, wiring everything up and finally a trip to the DMV. Will be legal and rideable at that point. Might then do new undertail, clutch/engine covers to hide the rash, some gas tank ding/paint touchup, new bar ends and sliders. Really happy with the way it looks, even though the headlight is practically a streetfighter cliche.

I like the headlights. Maybe fly screen to clean it up.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Good luck! I like this thread, it should be almost a sticky. I hope this thread gets resurrected multiple times from bike builds. If all goes well, I'll have some things to post here in the spring :-D

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Let me know how you like the bar mounted mirrors, nice to see another Z750S out there.

If you have questions or need parts let me know, I have a bunch of stuff laying about!
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    Let me know how you like the bar mounted mirrors, nice to see another Z750S out there.

If you have questions or need parts let me know, I have a bunch of stuff laying about!
    Haven't had it out on the road yet, but have bar mounts on the DRZ and like them.

Ordered factory style 6 pin connectors from cycle terminal as well as some 2 and 4 pin ones to tie into the existing wiring harness. Took 2 nights after work, but got it finished. Getting the wires to crimp properly into those little terminals was very frustrating, but I think it turned out well. I do wish I had been more careful with the wire lengths though.

Got all the electrical stuff working. Now onto fabricating a bracket for the instrument cluster.

With some help of a buddy and his neighbor who has a sweet welding setup in his garage, made this bracket for the instrument cluster.

Now need to find time to get it to a locksmith to unlock and reykey the undertail lock. Need to pull the seat and tank to clean up all the wiring.