Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of new bikes out today!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Lots of new bikes out today!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    A Honda RC213V road bike?? Holy Mother of God!!
    They said it's still a prototype.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Bummer, I didn't read the article just saw the pic drano posted. Oh well I'll just leg hump the new R1 with you...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Hmm, some pretty awesome bikes spec wise, but I'm seriously not really feeling any of them except the Aprilia. Which, as good looking as it is, still lacks cruise control. Not that it's a neccesity, but it's something I'd use all the time. And when its competition has it...

The H2 has nearly 100 lbs on the rest of the literbikes, and is ugly. The Honda is ugly in my opinion, hate the paint too. Hopefully its specs are as good as they're rumored to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I don't think comfort is one of the design criteria for a bike like that.
    I'd disagree, or at least say that it should be. Nowadays the comfortable super sports have a huge advantage, especially for guys like me who do commute on them. One of the big reasons I went with the BMW over the Ducati. The RC8R also has a big following for being the most comfortable super sport literbikes out there. I rode one and couldn't believe a bike that sharp could be so comfortable. Just because it's comfortable doesn't mean it's slow.

I'm not dead set on the 2015 S1000RR, but it'd take a hell of a bike to get me to switch teams, just because of how happy I've been with mine. And with most of these bikes being about equal spec wise, it comes down to prettiness, and comfort. The S1000RR was one of the most comfortable bikes out there, and still offers comfort things that no one else does. And I like the way they look, but like some others better I'll admit.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    KTMs always cost a leftie

worth it though
    I would be willing to pay a small premium over the Ninja or CBR but not $2k or so. In Europe they sell a "kit" with it for 1,000 Euros that includes exhaust, brakes, suspension, tires and plastics. Which is a great deal.
    Last edited by 07D675CO; Tue Nov 4th, 2014 at 11:02 AM.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

I'm very excited about the RC390, Honda Africa Twin and the new FJ-09 sport tourer based on the FZ-09
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Grant H. View Post
    That Honda just looks hoky and uncomfortable...
    Comfort is relative to the size, weight, and physical condition of the rider. If it's anything like the CBR1000RR's ergos, then it's just about perfect IMHO. However, we won't know anything for sure until, or if, it's released. I can't say I much care for the rising Sun emblem on the fairing, would much rather see the traditional Honda wing emblazoned on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Here's hoping that something more concrete is revealed at the Tokyo motor show. I, for one, am holding out hope that it becomes a reality.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Nov 4th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.

The more I look at that RSV4, the more I like it. Sucks that only cruise control is standing in the way, but that's a big deal for me.

On a side note, 2015 S1000RR should have comfort access, which is proximity based keyless. So if the key is on you or nearby the bike will start without it. I like. No 200 series rear tire it looks like, but they say their frame tweaks have provided a slight increase in rear wheel traction. Sport Rider emphasized the difference being slight.

Rumor has it that Honda V4 will be priced between 78-100 thousand, so that's not a realistic bike for most of us. Which seems about right for now, because they can't seem to build a competant and competitive super sport for any price it seems. Maybe for 100 grand it'll have traction control. I know it'll have monobloc calipers. But I guess BMW and Ducati have those on bikes for 25 thousand.
    Last edited by Aaron; Wed Nov 5th, 2014 at 08:49 AM.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Rumor has it that Honda V4 will be priced between 78-100 thousand, so that's not a realistic bike for most of us. Which seems about right for now, because they can't seem to build a competant and competitive super sport for any price it seems. Maybe for 100 grand it'll have traction control. I know it'll have monobloc calipers. But I guess BMW and Ducati have those on bikes for 25 thousand.
    At that price, it sounds like they'd be doing something akin to what Ducati did with the Desmosedici RR. For the rare person who could afford one, they will likely be getting their hands on one of the best race motorcycles money can buy. At any rate, it will be a super-exclusive purchase at that price.

One thing for certain is that Honda needs to release a major update to their superbike lineup if they want to be competitive in WSBK next year. Whether that entails a major update to the CBR, or a new V4 machine is anybody's guess. The reason for all the new machines for 2015 is that WSBK won't be allowing teams to run fully tricked-out machines, most of the bike will remain stock, and the upgrades they will allow have a price cap. You can read about the currently available rules here: http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/al...n,_12_June.pdf. Ultimately, Honda will need to do something if they want to keep up with the rest of the field. Since the new SBK World Champion has signed with Honda, I think they've made some promises regarding machinery that we'll find out about soon enough.

Saw a new rumored price for the RC390 of around $5400 which puts it right there with the CBR and Ninja.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

I am completely torn between the new RSV4 and S1000RR.

S1000RR: Far better electronics package (DDC, cruise control, heated grips), more comfortable, better reliability, cheaper, and likely more power.
    RSV4: Faster on a track, destroys in the beauty department, better brake/suspension components.

Seems like an easy choice, but man that new Aprilia is so good-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I am completely torn between the new RSV4 and S1000RR.

S1000RR: Far better electronics package (DDC, cruise control, heated grips), more comfortable, better reliability, cheaper, and likely more power.
    RSV4: Faster on a track, destroys in the beauty department, better brake/suspension components.

Seems like an easy choice, but man that new Aprilia is so good-looking.
    Do the Ape! It's something different from the other guys.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

In addition to the RC390, KTM is also bringing the Duke 390 to USA in 2015. MSRP is $4999. I'll be looking at it too.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...et_models.aspx
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'm sorely tempted by the new R1M for it's suspension and automatic real time adjustments to the suspension. Seems pretty reasonably priced too considering what you get.

Cheaper than the BMW 1000RR right?
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

I checked out a new FZ07 today at G-Force. Great bike for $6990. Yamaha will sell a shit-ton of these bikes (along with the FZ09 for $1k more). One will be mine!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Senior Member Moderator

An update to the Honda RC213V-S shown here: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...ce/#more-79994

According to a report made by The Asahi Shimbun, Japan’s second largest daily newspaper, Honda has green-lit the RC213V-S project, with a price tag of 20 million yen — roughly $170,000 USD.
    The Honda RC213V-S debuted at the 2014 EICMA show, and was as advertised: a MotoGP race bike with lights and mirrors added to it.

Honda teased show-goers and the media by say that the RC213V-S model was only a prototype, adding more fuel to the speculation regarding whether the Japanese firm would actually produce the long-awaited model.

Since its inception, price figures have been rumored and banded about, almost all of which were in the six-figure category.

We doubt that such an expensive motorcycle will have difficultly selling however, given how the machine’s pedigree has been well established by the feats of Marc Marquez, Casey Stoner, and Dani Pedrosa.

Honda isn’t the first OEM to release a MotoGP replica to the general public, though they are perhaps the first to do it so bluntly in modern-day, something we took umbrage with at the RC213V-S’s launch.

No matter what you think of the Honda RC213V-S prototype, the production version is sure to be the most ultimate street bike ever produced.