Thread: IceClear HD Coolant?

Board Newbie

Question IceClear HD Coolant?

Has anyone ever heard of IceClear HD coolant? It's glycerin based so it should be allowed out at HPR (and probably other tracks that ban glycol-based coolants). http://www.orisonmarketing.com/IceclearHD.html

Their site specifically states automotive use but I'm hoping there is someone more educated about coolant out there... It seems like it should be compatible with bikes as well but I'm still nervous to buy/try.

If anyone wants to try it with me I can only find it in a 4 gallon order for $84... and my bike only needs 1 gallon (2 if I am being OCD about flushing out the old stuff)...

Re: IceClear HD Coolant?

I don't think HPR allows glycerin or glycol based coolant.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'd go in for a gallon or 2 with you if it's allowed. Being that HPR doesn't check, I'd think they'd be ok with it. Because the entire reason they ban the glycol based is for cleaning reasons. So if this stuff cleans and evaporates like water, I don't see the problem. Might involve taking them a gallon to spill on the paddock as a test.

As far as its use for your engine, it'll work fine I'm sure. Every car and motorcycle company out there makes different coolant so they can sell their own brand at dollars on the penny to enthusiasts. BMW is just about king at that. But the shit is all the same. Hell remember that whole dex cool fad? Bottom line is pretty much any engine coolant you find will be adaquate, just some perform slightly better at extremely high heat levels (Higher than any temperature you should ever see unless you have a problem).

I've seriously considered buying cheap vodka and using it along with an additive like water wetter.

Board Newbie

I sent HPR a question asking... will post when they respond.