Thread: What should be done in Ferguson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What should be done in Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Only the media and Michael Browns friend who was a witness made it sound like the officer EXECUTED brown until the witness was proven to be lying and the media was forced by the evidence to report facts which they hate when it doesn't support the sensational story they want to tell to keep people watching.

As far as your comparison of white collar criminals vs stealing a car, take a look a the difference, HINT skin color isn't the important difference. MONEY is the difference. When you can afford $500+/hour lawyers, you can buy your way out of trouble. OJ, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, etc...... Those aren't white collar criminals, but everyone knows they are guilty of the crimes they are accused of, money is why they aren't in jail.
    That is my point. If they committed white collar crime they would get away with it just like white people do. It is a combination of race and economics that creates the propensity for people of color to more likely end up in jail. It is also a cultural thing, see Barkley's etc articles on how the community tried to drag them down.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

Quote Originally Posted by 07D675CO View Post
    That is my point. If they committed white collar crime they would get away with it just like white people do. It is a combination of race and economics that creates the propensity for people of color to more likely end up in jail. It is also a cultural thing, see Barkley's etc articles on how the community tried to drag them down.
    I gave you three example of rich black men that committed crimes arguably far worse than white collar crimes, and yet they still saw no jail time. The skin color or type of crime don't mater, having millions to spend on the best lawyers to keep your ass, whatever color it is, out of jail is the key factor. Black, white, brown, and yellow can all get away with crimes, the type of crime doesn't matter, money does. Drug cartels get away with anything they want because instead of committing white collar crimes so they can "get away with it just like white people do" they use their unlimited MONEY to just buy everyone, police, judge, politicians, towns, etc....

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    I gave you three example of rich black men that committed crimes arguably far worse than white collar crimes, and yet they still saw no jail time. The skin color or type of crime don't mater, having millions to spend on the best lawyers to keep your ass, whatever color it is, out of jail is the key factor. Black, white, brown, and yellow can all get away with crimes, the type of crime doesn't matter, money does. Drug cartels get away with anything they want because instead of committing white collar crimes so they can "get away with it just like white people do" they use their unlimited MONEY to just buy everyone, police, judge, politicians, towns, etc....
    Arguably worse than the white collar crime I mentioned? Not even close. I don't disagree money will get you out time after time. So I'm not sure where we disagree.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

Quote Originally Posted by 07D675CO View Post
    Arguably worse than the white collar crime I mentioned? Not even close. I don't disagree money will get you out time after time. So I'm not sure where we disagree.
    I didn't see a specific white collar crime you mentioned, but I find it hard to imagine it is worse than killing two people (OJ), punching a woman in the face knocking her out and then dropping her body on the floor (Ray Rice), or beating a toddler bloody with a stick all over his body including genitals (Adrian Peterson).

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]