Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What should be done in Ferguson

Re: What should be done in Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by 07D675CO View Post
    At first everything you saw was pointing in one direction. That of a black teen gunned down by an officer. However lately the evidence appears to say something different. I can certainly understand the outrage earlier based on the known information at the time. Hopefully cool heads will prevail and look at the facts.

As for our current law enforcement and legal system. I do not believe I would receive the same treatment as a black male of the same age. The problem is not enough of them commit white collar crimes like Wall St. Then you can walk away with less than a slap on the wrist. But man you steal a $1,000 car and jail time buddy.
    Only the media and Michael Browns friend who was a witness made it sound like the officer EXECUTED brown until the witness was proven to be lying and the media was forced by the evidence to report facts which they hate when it doesn't support the sensational story they want to tell to keep people watching.

As far as your comparison of white collar criminals vs stealing a car, take a look a the difference, HINT skin color isn't the important difference. MONEY is the difference. When you can afford $500+/hour lawyers, you can buy your way out of trouble. OJ, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, etc...... Those aren't white collar criminals, but everyone knows they are guilty of the crimes they are accused of, money is why they aren't in jail.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Lots of good posts.

A few things that arent being shown on every news channel.

The governor declared a state of emergency today. HERE

Did anyone see the the stuff about the about "100 Department of Homeland Security vehicles in the parking garage" that were seen 25 miles SW of Ferguson? HERE

And another note... They have established a no fly zone over Ferguson.

I dont like the conspiracy theory stuff but this whole things has the makings of a really bad outcome.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I don't think they are doing it as a conspiracy theory. That place is going to be a straight up full on riot zone here in a few weeks, and they're gearing up for it. Remember the LA riots? These are going to be just as bad, but at least here they know that in advance and can prepare accordingly.

So they aren't telling you what all is being done to prepare but that's normal. Government agencies rarely reveal their asset movements and manpower allotments. It isn't because they're doing conspiracy things, just that they aren't going to announce every time they send resources somewhere.

You know nothing about your local departments staffing. You just know upon needing them, they will eventually be there. My agency typically runs 12-20 cars on the street. I could tell you specifically what each does, where, and why, but it's really of little reason. When we have grants that allow us extra cars, or extra DUI enforcement, we use that and put more cars out, but we don't exactly run a front page column on it. That's a normal operation, shifting manpower and resources about.

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Only the media and Michael Browns friend who was a witness made it sound like the officer EXECUTED brown until the witness was proven to be lying and the media was forced by the evidence to report facts which they hate when it doesn't support the sensational story they want to tell to keep people watching.

As far as your comparison of white collar criminals vs stealing a car, take a look a the difference, HINT skin color isn't the important difference. MONEY is the difference. When you can afford $500+/hour lawyers, you can buy your way out of trouble. OJ, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, etc...... Those aren't white collar criminals, but everyone knows they are guilty of the crimes they are accused of, money is why they aren't in jail.
    That is my point. If they committed white collar crime they would get away with it just like white people do. It is a combination of race and economics that creates the propensity for people of color to more likely end up in jail. It is also a cultural thing, see Barkley's etc articles on how the community tried to drag them down.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

That is my point. If they committed white collar crime they would get away with it just like white people do. It is a combination of race and economics that creates the propensity for people of color to more likely end up in jail. It is also a cultural thing, see Barkley's etc articles on how the community tried to drag them down.
    I gave you three example of rich black men that committed crimes arguably far worse than white collar crimes, and yet they still saw no jail time. The skin color or type of crime don't mater, having millions to spend on the best lawyers to keep your ass, whatever color it is, out of jail is the key factor. Black, white, brown, and yellow can all get away with crimes, the type of crime doesn't matter, money does. Drug cartels get away with anything they want because instead of committing white collar crimes so they can "get away with it just like white people do" they use their unlimited MONEY to just buy everyone, police, judge, politicians, towns, etc....

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Captain Obvious apparently works for the FBI...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-w...ry?id=26980624
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I gave you three example of rich black men that committed crimes arguably far worse than white collar crimes, and yet they still saw no jail time. The skin color or type of crime don't mater, having millions to spend on the best lawyers to keep your ass, whatever color it is, out of jail is the key factor. Black, white, brown, and yellow can all get away with crimes, the type of crime doesn't matter, money does. Drug cartels get away with anything they want because instead of committing white collar crimes so they can "get away with it just like white people do" they use their unlimited MONEY to just buy everyone, police, judge, politicians, towns, etc....
    Arguably worse than the white collar crime I mentioned? Not even close. I don't disagree money will get you out time after time. So I'm not sure where we disagree.

Arguably worse than the white collar crime I mentioned? Not even close. I don't disagree money will get you out time after time. So I'm not sure where we disagree.
    I didn't see a specific white collar crime you mentioned, but I find it hard to imagine it is worse than killing two people (OJ), punching a woman in the face knocking her out and then dropping her body on the floor (Ray Rice), or beating a toddler bloody with a stick all over his body including genitals (Adrian Peterson).

Jason
    07 600RR

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I don't think they are doing it as a conspiracy theory. That place is going to be a straight up full on riot zone here in a few weeks, and they're gearing up for it. Remember the LA riots? These are going to be just as bad, but at least here they know that in advance and can prepare accordingly.
    I don't think you are wrong about the riots being worse than the LA riots. Regardless of the outcome, people they feel like there was an injustice and apparently the only way they know to react is by being violent and committing more crimes.

Jason
    07 600RR

Whats another apples to apples comparison? Where a white guy did something questionable (at lease initially) and whites joined together mindlessly without caring about the facts and started shitting where they ate?

Im not asking to prove anything (though it may prove something), im asking because I cant think of a situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Whats another apples to apples comparison? Where a white guy did something questionable (at lease initially) and whites joined together mindlessly without caring about the facts and started shitting where they ate?

Im not asking to prove anything (though it may prove something), im asking because I cant think of a situation like that.
    No example can be apples to apples because we were never enslaved or had our constitutional rights infringed or taken away by another race. There is history and history is a powerful thing.

I don't think you are wrong about the riots being worse than the LA riots. Regardless of the outcome, people they feel like there was an injustice and apparently the only way they know to react is by being violent and committing more crimes.
    You are right I didn't get very specific with my wall st example. And there are a ton of examples so lets just say the 2008 crash that cost millions of people their jobs, homes, lives. I would say that is worse than murdering one or two people just on a level of human suffering. The thing is you are lumping them all together when not all of them are violent. Some react violently for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

You don't get arrested if you're not breaking the law. The reason why more minorities are incarcerated is because they break more laws. And before you even come at me with that tired argument of, "you can't say that minorities break the law and that's being racist." Know this, I am a minority. I have several family members that are former law enforcement. You know what they tell me?? Minorities break the majority of the laws.

Here's an idea. Don't want to go to jail, well then
    I am not on the up and up on the current situation, but this statement was funny to me. I believe in last 23 years they have PROVED that over 2,000 convictions were false...new evidence, new testimony, or new technology has cleared many people! So if you think innocent people do not get arrested then you are truly mistaken because if 2000 have been cleared imagine how many do not get that and are convicted or a false crime. They still estimate 2.3% to 5% of people in prison now are innocent. I wish it was true only the guilty go to prison, but this is not always true and has been proved over and over.

321 Post Convictions exoneration's from DNA alone since 1989 http://www.innocenceproject.org/know/

• Twenty people had been sentenced to death before DNA proved their innocence and led to their release.
    • The average sentence served by DNA exonerees has been 13.6 years.
    • About 70 percent of those exonerated by DNA testing are people of color.
    • In almost 50 percent of DNA exoneration cases, the actual perpetrator has been identified by DNA testing.
    • Exonerations have been won in 38 states and Washington, D.C.
    • The Innocence Project was involved in 173 of the 321 DNA exonerations. Others were helped by Innocence Network organizations, private attorneys and by pro se defendants in a few instances.

Some links: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-23-years?lite

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/ronhuff.htm

http://www.thenation.com/article/168...we-sent-prison
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

No example can be apples to apples because we were never enslaved or had our constitutional rights infringed or taken away by another race. There is history and history is a powerful thing.
    What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Dude white people were the first slaves in this fucking country!! Also they were cheaper. So being cheaper they were treated worse.

Get the fuck out of here. What about the Jews? Holy shit man there has never been another people so abused in history.

I'm sorry man you need to truly do some history.

Gold Member

Gold Member

Alright then... How about an apples to oranges example? I dont think I have ever seen a situation where white people screw up and start blaming other people and even further demand justice for the outcome not being what they want.

I suppose if the KKK were to "stand up" in Ferguson it would be similar, but at the same time, not really.

Really, whats the point of standing up for whats "right" when you are not right?

Alright then... How about an apples to oranges example? I dont think I have ever seen a situation where white people screw up and start blaming other people and even further demand justice for the outcome not being what they want.

I suppose if the KKK were to "stand up" in Ferguson it would be similar, but at the same time, not really.

Really, whats the point of standing up for whats "right" when you are not right?
    I could go with the "they took our jobs" argument from mostly white people. Not quite the same but they blame their lack of having/finding a job on someone else not their lack of skills/education. I don't even know what to say about the KKK. A relic from a time past?

The old saying "two wrongs don't make a right" comes to mind with this.

Lets say that the facts supported the witness and the officer was wrong and shot an innocent man, would that mean protesting violently and looting is acceptable? It does nothing to help your cause, it only hurts your cause.

I just can't wrap my head around the mindset of people that completely ignore facts just because it doesn't support their own beliefs regardless of how distorted those beliefs are.

Jason
    07 600RR

Gold Member

I could go with the "they took our jobs" argument from mostly white people. Not quite the same but they blame their lack of having/finding a job on someone else not their lack of skills/education. I don't even know what to say about the KKK. A relic from a time past?
    Well you just need to stop. You are clearly watching too much CNN. You have so many incorrect statements in just a few posts its not even funny.

The finale statement about kkk being a relic of the past is very laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well you just need to stop. You are clearly watching too much CNN. You have so many incorrect statements in just a few posts its not even funny.

The finale statement about kkk being a relic of the past is very laughable.

Seriously 07D675CO, Townie is making you look very uneducated !
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Where is the +1 button?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Seriously 07D675CO, Townie is making you look very uneducated !

Gold Member

I mean I truly hate this we have to feel bad for things that happened two hundred years before we were even born. Get the fuck out of here. That's bullshit.

Was it a bad thing? Yes. Yes it was. Did it happen long before america? Fuck yes. Slavery has been and is still a part of the world for as long as any record goes back.

Hell the term slave goes back for.. Well I don't know how far back it goes but I know it originates from the Slavic people. And guess what.... THEY ARE WHITE PEOPLE!!!

Slavery still happens in over in Africa and even the middle east. Right now women and children are being sold as slaves in iraq!! RIGHT NOW!! Well maybe not at this very second that I post but still.

No dude this guy wants to come on here and spill the same shit he watching on CNN and whatever brain dead so called news outlet.

This is the problem with our media. They are just filling minds with complete bullshit!! Trying to divide us even further.

And by us I mean Americans. White black brown or whatever. It is up to us to stand together to truly get the change we all want.

Its not going to come from the left or the right. It will come when we all meet in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I mean I truly hate this we have to feel bad for things that happened two hundred years before we were even born. Get the fuck out of here. That's bullshit.

Was it a bad thing? Yes. Yes it was. Did it happen long before america? Fuck yes. Slavery has been and is still a part of the world for as long as any record goes back.

Hell the term slave goes back for.. Well I don't know how far back it goes but I know it originates from the Slavic people. And guess what.... THEY ARE WHITE PEOPLE!!!

Slavery still happens in over in Africa and even the middle east. Right now women and children are being sold as slaves in iraq!! RIGHT NOW!! Well maybe not at this very second that I post but still.

No dude this guy wants to come on here and spill the same shit he watching on CNN and whatever brain dead so called news outlet.

This is the problem with our media. They are just filling minds with complete bullshit!! Trying to divide us even further.

And by us I mean Americans. White black brown or whatever. It is up to us to stand together to truly get the change we all want.

Its not going to come from the left or the right. It will come when we all meet in the middle.
    Very well said Townie. I couldn't agree more especially regarding the media and some politicians working hard to divide us. I think it just is a means to distract us while they continue to spend all of our money, trample the constitution, and give themselves more money and power.

It it never gets said, but I am glad you brought it up, because I am white I shouldn't have to feel guilty or apologize for slavery. It was an awful part of American history, but I had zero to do with it. I am a 3rd generation American, I haven't enslaved anyone and no one in the last few generations of my family owned any slaves either.

Jason
    07 600RR