Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What should be done in Ferguson

Re: What should be done in Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    You can't fix this kind of ignorance.
    Kinda hard to get a job and pull yourself out of that shit hole when you can't put two sentences together. Doubtful the gentleman in the red bandana can read or write at a 9th grade level.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    If that makes you feel better for hiring illegal immigrants, than more power to you. You should be proud to be a American! Obviously if they are documented they are most likely not illegals so that is a different thing. Although it is not hard to run a report to see if documents are real.

Well I am out to the gym...it has been fun. You still lifting Jkol? Ever get that rotator cuffs healed we talked about?
    My company doesn't hire illegals as we are the General contractor, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a guy working for a framing sub-contractor that has a SSN but can't speak a single word of English let alone write his name probably didn't pass a citizenship exam. I will be the first to tell you I think immigration is completely screwed and illegal immigration is a major issue because it isn't the undocumented workers getting across that scare me as much as the terrorist assholes that can slip in just as easily. At the same time I tell you illegal immigrants are willing to work, and yes they are taking jobs, but the jobs in my industry they are taking don't exactly have a waiting list of white/black American workers, so somebody has to fill them or else the construction industry in Denver, and many other cities will grind to a halt.

In other news, I haven't lifted in a while. Moved to Evergreen last spring and with the longer commute and increased work hours, I am failing at finding time. The rotator cuff hasn't bothered me for awhile, before I quit working out I was able to bench press 110lb dumbbells, shoulder press straight over my head is a different story, that hurts if I get much over 50lbs per arm.

A friend recommended trying to Tom Hardy workout he did to prep for Warrior.http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building...arrior-workout Multiple quick 20 minute workouts throughout the day instead of one longer session. Might give it a try because I can find a way to carve 20 minutes out a few times a day without messing up my schedule.

And I think we have successfully derailed this topic.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    This is loosely related to Ferguson, according to the article. It gives some insight into what municipalities have received from the DOD for surplus equipment:

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archiv...cops-giveaway/

My little city of Aurora, CO has received the following:

Item Quantity Total Value
    MINE RESISTANT VEHICLE 1 $412,000.00
    RIFLE,5.56 MILLIMETER 126 $62,874.00
    SHIELD,PERSONAL PROTECTIVE 74 $7,030.00
    RIFLE,7.62 MILLIMETER 25 $3,450.00
    INDIVIDUAL EQUIPMENT 12 $620.00

An even smaller town, Florence, has received almost $3.7M in equipment, including a mine-resistant and two tactical vehicles. The scofflaws in Canon City better keep themselves in line.

What about yours?
    This an entirely different can of worms and it is indeed troublesome to me. There are plenty of good officers, I have met Aaron a couple times and he seems like a good dude, but since I haven't been pulled over by him I can't comment about him as an officer, but based on his demeanor when not in uniform, I have to think he is a good cop as well. The troubling thing is there seem to be more and more "people didn't respect me in high school so I got a badge and they better respect me now or else." It is those guys that worry me, and giving those weekend warrior wanna be SEALs cops military grade equipment is borderline reckless. I am all for officers having everything they need to get home to their families and loved ones safely after a shift, but why the hell does a police department need an armored personnel carrier?

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    My company doesn't hire illegals as we are the General contractor, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a guy working for a framing sub-contractor that has a SSN but can't speak a single word of English let alone write his name probably didn't pass a citizenship exam. I will be the first to tell you I think immigration is completely screwed and illegal immigration is a major issue because it isn't the undocumented workers getting across that scare me as much as the terrorist assholes that can slip in just as easily. At the same time I tell you illegal immigrants are willing to work, and yes they are taking jobs, but the jobs in my industry they are taking don't exactly have a waiting list of white/black American workers, so somebody has to fill them or else the construction industry in Denver, and many other cities will grind to a halt.

In other news, I haven't lifted in a while. Moved to Evergreen last spring and with the longer commute and increased work hours, I am failing at finding time. The rotator cuff hasn't bothered me for awhile, before I quit working out I was able to bench press 110lb dumbbells, shoulder press straight over my head is a different story, that hurts if I get much over 50lbs per arm.

A friend recommended trying to Tom Hardy workout he did to prep for Warrior.http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building...arrior-workout Multiple quick 20 minute workouts throughout the day instead of one longer session. Might give it a try because I can find a way to carve 20 minutes out a few times a day without messing up my schedule.

And I think we have successfully derailed this topic.
    I tend to derail topics....mainly because I come on here and see no activity so got to get people talking if not it is such a boarding board.

Believe me I get what you mean man and I have seen how hard immigrants will work and it is sad when they out perform a American who gets the same job. Some Americans are not what we used to be; hard working people. Now I see more people trying to get on welfare than have to work. I've worked for Medicaid and the situations I see are pretty bad; single mom that has 8 kids and keeps having more. Sure she needs help, but dang at what point should the decision to stop having kids comes up....can't even mention that because of "religious beliefs" of the members. Just seems like it is a cycle because these kids learn wrong from their parents...so basically I was just meaning these people are jacked, but I bet they were just raised that way and we should be happy we were not. I've seen some ghetto ass people from every race so not even a issue of that....just horrible lazy people/ I do think there are Americans that want to work though and just have obstacles and those are the ones that I feel bad for.

Nice, yeah I finally rehabed my rotator cuffs after tearing them. We talked about it a long time ago, think you did yours from baseball, but I had to take a year off of bench press because of it. Slowly just kept at it and now I am back to normal; although my straight bench press is still lacking. I am back to getting about 275 up safely without feeling like my rotator was going to give......took years to get back to it.....horrible injury. Almost as bad as the knee injury I have had the last 6 months....knees take so long to heal.

Nice, I'll check that workout out. Warrior was one of my favorite movies and he had giant trapezoids in that movie and really blew up from his previous roles. Found this video of it too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKfqrzovecQ
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I tend to derail topics....mainly because I come on here and see no activity so got to get people talking if not it is such a boarding board.

Believe me I get what you mean man and I have seen how hard immigrants will work and it is sad when they out perform a American who gets the same job. Some Americans are not what we used to be; hard working people. Now I see more people trying to get on welfare than have to work. I've worked for Medicaid and the situations I see are pretty bad; single mom that has 8 kids and keeps having more. Sure she needs help, but dang at what point should the decision to stop having kids comes up....can't even mention that because of "religious beliefs" of the members. Just seems like it is a cycle because these kids learn wrong from their parents...so basically I was just meaning these people are jacked, but I bet they were just raised that way and we should be happy we were not. I've seen some ghetto ass people from every race so not even a issue of that....just horrible lazy people/ I do think there are Americans that want to work though and just have obstacles and those are the ones that I feel bad for.

Nice, yeah I finally rehabed my rotator cuffs after tearing them. We talked about it a long time ago, think you did yours from baseball, but I had to take a year off of bench press because of it. Slowly just kept at it and now I am back to normal; although my straight bench press is still lacking. I am back to getting about 275 up safely without feeling like my rotator was going to give......took years to get back to it.....horrible injury. Almost as bad as the knee injury I have had the last 6 months....knees take so long to heal.

Nice, I'll check that workout out. Warrior was one of my favorite movies and he had giant trapezoids in that movie and really blew up from his previous roles. Found this video of it too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKfqrzovecQ
    My opinions on immigration have changed over the last 5 years due to my career because like I said earlier, there is no line of black/white workers trying to get these jobs. When I hear someone complain "they are taking our jobs," I call BS, they aren't taking them, you aren't even trying to get the jobs.

I get that a guy running a small landscape company can't compete with another company across town paying below minimum wage, but that is a different level than my industry. If we build government projects for example, there a Davis Bacon wage rates that specify minimum wages by trade, and most of the time, the subs are paying their guys above those wage rates. The booming oil business in CO, SD, and ND has all forced wages in my industry up because a lot of laborers are bailing to go take jobs starting at $100k a year. On top of that, with how busy construction is everyone is paying well because if they don't, the guy across town paying a framer $20/hr instead of $17/hr is going to have every framer in town trying to get on with him.

Your example of the mom with 8 kids receiving govt support makes me crazy. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating that must be to work with first hand. My thought is if you can't feed'em don't breed'em. How hard is that? I am with you that people need a hand, but having even 2 kids when you can't even feed yourself is grossly irresponsible. I figured out early on, diapers cost a lot more than condoms.

You are right, it is far easier for some to just collect welfare checks than to try to find work that might actually require some hard work or effort. Unfortunately I only see that getting worse, not better. I agree that lazy and stupid are traits that are colorblind, plenty of lazy, stupid, and worthless people of all colors. I am glad I was raised to give an F.

Good memory, pitching caused my rotator cuff problem. Fortunately it is only in a very specific range of motion so I can do most anything in the gym aside from heavy shoulder press. For example, I could press 155-175lbs no problem, but I couldn't even lift it off the rack because the slightly backward angle to reach the bar behind my head on the rack put my shoulder in the zero power/lots of discomfort/sometimes pain range. Once a spotter got the weight of the rack and it was closer to inline with my shoulders or in front of my head for front shoulder press I was good to go.

When I first looked at the Warrior workout I was thinking this won't be too bad, then I hit the BRIDGE stages 1-5 and realized that will take some time to pull off safely.

Jason
    07 600RR

Gold Member

Fuck that argument about getting out. I'm speaking from the aspect of being expelled twice. Hooked on drugs at 15. Was in a gang. Sold drugs until my early twenties.

While I am not proud of my past it is there. The hardest part about getting out and STAYING out is just making good decisions. Period.

You can dwell on what you don't have or work on getting what you want. Simple.

Starts with good decisions. Not ignoring that voice in your head that says I wouldn't do that.

Gold Member

As for illigals... Fuck them too.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Fuck that argument about getting out. I'm speaking from the aspect of being expelled twice. Hooked on drugs at 15. Was in a gang. Sold drugs until my early twenties.

While I am not proud of my past it is there. The hardest part about getting out and STAYING out is just making good decisions. Period.

You can dwell on what you don't have or work on getting what you want. Simple.

Starts with good decisions. Not ignoring that voice in your head that says I wouldn't do that.
    Damn Townie, not that you need my approval but respect for overcoming and finding a better path.

In other news: Based on what is currently known, two witnesses told the officer 2 people were dealing drugs in a vehicle, the officer approached the vehicle, the suspected drug dealer decides to not follow an officer's orders, ends up running and the getting into a fight with the officer. Drug dealer ends up dead, drugs found on dealer and gun found in his car. Big Fing surprise. Here comes the kicker, the cop is white and the drug dealer is black so get ready for more fun.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pho...fle/ar-BBglk7F

I have been stopped by cops quite a few times in my life, I have been disrespectful zero times, I have acted in a questionable manner zero times, and I have fought with them zero times. I am lucky to have survived my confrontation with the blood thirsty cops roaming the streets.

Jason
    07 600RR

Gold Member

Oh I'm leaving out more. Just the tip of the iceberg. I spent most of my life ducking cops. There is a time and place to fight cops. The street is never the place. Ever. Just asking to get killed.

And honestly color doesn't matter. I'm white. Cops know whos fucking around. End of story. Hell after I moved back into my old neighborhood I got into a little situation with weirdo that "would beat my ass".

Well he ended up calling the cops and the first thing they did was hit me up on my background. Was I still active. Where I had been for the last ten years. Fishing for info.

Its their job and a long time ago I was their suspect. I can see how the job of a officer can get tough when they know who's doing stuff but can't do anything because they have no evidence.

I am not advocating that any of these cops are Angeles. Or that the suspects were thugs. All I'm saying is if you want to take up a fight and burn down your neighborhood try finding better reasons. They are out there.

Hell there is a video of a guy in handcuffs with two cops and a little struggle happens. One cop shoots the suspect. Now that is your case. That I would have been able to understand.

But no they had to use this case. Lies. He was suspected of committing a felony THAT DAY! Evidence shows that something took place in the cops car.

Just too much to ignore to fight for him. So fuck him.

The part that I'm truly getting tired of is this feeling sorry for people. Fuck that. I have no idea how many lives I ruined. Just for selling something they wanted. People I hurt collecting debts or just because they walked down the wrong street on the wrong night.

These are just a few things that I live with. Everyday. I have plenty of friends who have decided to better themselves. I have a bunch who decided not to. Either prison or hooked on drugs. I even have a bunch that decided to end their own lives. A few murdered.

But at the end of the day its up to you and I to hold OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE for our own ACTIONS.

Gold Member

Sorry I took that a little far. My original point is that while it isn't easy its very doable. Nothing in life is easy. NOTHING!

I never went back to school but would any of you talk about how easy it was to get your degrees and land a good job? Would any of you talk about how easy it is to balance your budgets and manage your portfolios?

Different lives have different problems.

For the longest time I hate people who went to college. I hated people who had these office jobs with good benefits. Now that I have let go of some of my anger and branched out into the world I have learned that we all have our problems.

Each problem we face we do our best to make the right decisions. That's the problem with this mess. There is no thinking.

The people rioting aren't thinking about what they are doing to their own neighborhoods. What they might be doing to their own economic future.

Heard some very interesting reports on what happened after the Watts riots. Took a very very long to get people to invest in that area again.

Again if the people who really want to start this fight would have just picked a better example of police brutality it would have got them a little credit.

Not to mention the fight they want to fight isn't about race, its about class. The lower classes are the high risk crime areas. Doesn't matter about color. Well unless you're talking about green. That's the only color that matters anymore. At all.

Oh I'm leaving out more. Just the tip of the iceberg. I spent most of my life ducking cops. There is a time and place to fight cops. The street is never the place. Ever. Just asking to get killed.

And honestly color doesn't matter. I'm white. Cops know whos fucking around. End of story. Hell after I moved back into my old neighborhood I got into a little situation with weirdo that "would beat my ass".

Well he ended up calling the cops and the first thing they did was hit me up on my background. Was I still active. Where I had been for the last ten years. Fishing for info.

Its their job and a long time ago I was their suspect. I can see how the job of a officer can get tough when they know who's doing stuff but can't do anything because they have no evidence.

I am not advocating that any of these cops are Angeles. Or that the suspects were thugs. All I'm saying is if you want to take up a fight and burn down your neighborhood try finding better reasons. They are out there.

Hell there is a video of a guy in handcuffs with two cops and a little struggle happens. One cop shoots the suspect. Now that is your case. That I would have been able to understand.

But no they had to use this case. Lies. He was suspected of committing a felony THAT DAY! Evidence shows that something took place in the cops car.

Just too much to ignore to fight for him. So fuck him.

The part that I'm truly getting tired of is this feeling sorry for people. Fuck that. I have no idea how many lives I ruined. Just for selling something they wanted. People I hurt collecting debts or just because they walked down the wrong street on the wrong night.

These are just a few things that I live with. Everyday. I have plenty of friends who have decided to better themselves. I have a bunch who decided not to. Either prison or hooked on drugs. I even have a bunch that decided to end their own lives. A few murdered.

But at the end of the day its up to you and I to hold OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE for our own ACTIONS.
    Dang Townie....lol....jk....I totally get where you are coming from; you and I seem to have had similar childhoods where it was not all that easy. Same with you I have had so many friends go down the wrong path and most are in prison or dead now. I've had to experience friends commit suicide; one day they are there and the next they are gone. First friend who committed suicide happened in grade 4th grade; one of my best friends decided to end his life at that young age. Heck I've witnessed my own father (who I was not raised by) try to commit suicide and I am the one that had to knock the door down and stop it. Stepmother I knew for over 20 years shot herself in the head.

Oh yeah, my High School had a 50% drop out rate; 1400 came in as freshman and less than 700 graduated….none of my friends graduated with me!

I've also had a lot of negative issues with cops my entire life and have also been the guy that seems to be labeled. At age 17 I saw one of my best friends get put into ICU by 6 police officers; they planted drugs on him (yes I am 100% as I was with the guy 1 min before this happened and he had no drugs). So they planted the drugs and when he got upset they beat him down: now not saying he didn't get lippy, but I saw it happened and they brought out the batons and continued to beat him when it was no longer needed.

My family owned some land we have had in the family for over 100 years that is worth a lot now and surrounded by million dollar houses. Weekly I was stopped by cops when I went to visit my grandma there; some even told me I didn’t belong and that is why I was pulled over. I normally had to call my grandma to vouch why I was in that area; yet I was doing nothing wrong but visiting my grandma……why was I labeled….of course because I was a young Hispanic guy in the rich part of town….but tell me as a teenager how was I supposed to view police officers when that is the most interaction I had with them. So yeah I wish I could say everyone has had great experiences with police officers, but the reality is these bad cops have made some people nervous about police officers because some are bad and I am sure this is where a lot of this comes from now……sad to say but some people are afraid of cops more than they feel they can help them. Only in the last 10 years have I seen that there are good cops; but it is sad to think most my life I thought of cops as bad guys and just another bully “gang” in my town. Actually a few cops on this site have been the ones to make me see there are good ones……just sucks a few bad ones can ruin it for a lot of people.

As for drugs….when a guy that has a pound of marijuana gets 30 years and a murder conviction is like 10 years then I really wonder where this thinking comes from. People are going to do drugs if they really want to, so I see less crime in that than murder. So instead lets clog up our prison system for drug addicts when murders and rapists get a shorter sentence because of it….makes no sense to me and puts out the impression that murder isn’t that big a deal....the truth is murder hurts the family all the way down the line and the pain does not stop at the person murdered.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Dec 9th, 2014 at 08:40 AM.

1. Great thread i enjoyed reading everything

2. EZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY called it riots--riots everywhere

3. pretty damn sure I am the only one here that has actually met townie and know he is real and not a sophisticated troll bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    3. pretty damn sure I am the only one here that has actually met townie and know he is real and not a sophisticated troll bot.
    Any reason why he can't be both?
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Gold Member

Na there's a few on here that I have met. Some I still talk to. Some I don't. Fun part is I don't tell people who I know.

But barn and I have shared a beer before. About ten years ago. Lol.

Yeah and why can't I be both? I've watched the trolling.... For the most part. Lol!!

My most epic troll involves a semi filled with a bunch of people and one of those border patrol checkpoints. That will be fun if I can ever pull that off.

I gotta say, Townie. The things that you have been saying lately have really started to turn me on

Aaand spelling is at an all time high Whats gotten into you?
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

1. Great thread i enjoyed reading everything

2. EZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY called it riots--riots everywhere

Nice to hear from you man! You still doing the bodybuilding shows? Nobody wants to talk weightlifting with me so come back!

Keep in touch on text if not!

I'm a little late to the party but I've been following this thread since the beginning.

I showed my wife that video JKOL posted with the guy interviewing 'protesters' in Ferguson and it ended up causing an arguement =P

Thanks a lot JKOL!

For what it's worth, a lot of the protesters turned looters are people from outside of Ferguson. With that said it seems obvious is the looters were simply there as an opportunity to behave like animals.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Nice to hear from you man! You still doing the bodybuilding shows? Nobody wants to talk weightlifting with me so come back!

Keep in touch on text if not!
    I am on a "holiday break" right now the show really took its toll on me mentally and physically, I have gradually slipped back into the dietary restrictions and lifting heavy but i haven't been hardcore for the last 2-3 months, i am still pretty lean though havent gained much fat but haven't gained any muscle either. The mentality toll it takes is nothing short from shocking when you look from the outside in and see the aftermath...its disturbing.

This should help you recuperate some of that mental fatigue and anguish

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

^^^ Dick

I am on a "holiday break" right now the show really took its toll on me mentally and physically, I have gradually slipped back into the dietary restrictions and lifting heavy but i haven't been hardcore for the last 2-3 months, i am still pretty lean though havent gained much fat but haven't gained any muscle either. The mentality toll it takes is nothing short from shocking when you look from the outside in and see the aftermath...its disturbing.
    Oh yeah it is rough; why I have never been able to do it. I think the issue is the brain is about 75% water so when you lean out and dehydrate, your brain is also being affected. Just sucks because this is the only way to do it to compete so there really is no other option; even the most lean guys has to cut for competitions!

I am still going strong…..5 days a week. I haven’t seen you in a long time but I am sure the difference would be noticeable. I’ve been working more on just enjoying and maintaining rather than trying to get bigger. I feel like I have leaned out a bit and the funny part is my workout buddies say I look bigger, yet I weigh less. Now I just try to lift to last another day…elbows and tendons took too much a beating over the years from lifting super heavy. I still try to do at least one rep of 85%+ of my max; in hopes to still build a bit.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I'm a little late to the party but I've been following this thread since the beginning.

I showed my wife that video JKOL posted with the guy interviewing 'protesters' in Ferguson and it ended up causing an arguement =P

Thanks a lot JKOL!

For what it's worth, a lot of the protesters turned looters are people from outside of Ferguson. With that said it seems obvious is the looters were simply there as an opportunity to behave like animals.

No no no. No point in arguing with your wife. Just should have said this is my point of view and I'm not trying to change yours and moved on.

But I'm not really sure how you can argue that video. I mean... To compare yourself with Jews.... Not really cool. Hey remember world war 2? Not all that long ago?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This should help you recuperate some of that mental fatigue and anguish

There she is... Ohhhh fuck yeah.

She hypothisized that they probably interviewed a lot of people but only showed the most extreme to fit a certain narative.

So presumably there were some "good" protesters/looters...? Who knows!

No no no. No point in arguing with your wife. Just should have said this is my point of view and I'm not trying to change yours and moved on.

But I'm not really sure how you can argue that video. I mean... To compare yourself with Jews.... Not really cool. Hey remember world war 2? Not all that long ago?
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"