Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: What should be done in Ferguson

Re: What should be done in Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    She hypothisized that they probably interviewed a lot of people but only showed the most extreme to fit a certain narative.

So presumably there were some "good" protesters/looters...? Who knows!
    I could see that as a valid point....the media is jacked like that. Look at some of the Marijuana Rallies here; so many went off with no violence, but the one time a person got shot here it was all over the news. Yet there were thousands of peaceful people in those rally's for many years prior (420 Rallies)....I know because I have been to them here in Denver and Boulder!

I do hope there are some "smart" protesters out there for this. I know they have been going on nationwide so I am sure some percentage are not the wild looters....those people are just dumb and ruining their cities property and don't get they are doing little to help the cause. Media usually goes with the negative though....unfortunately they have proved more people watch when it is that way. You put "good" things on the news and most humans want to see drama!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

That's just media as a whole. Look at what we are looking at right now! Every single case of a black guy being shot by a white guy is being reported nationwide.

Now let's just sit and think about that for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    That's just media as a whole. Look at what we are looking at right now! Every single case of a black guy being shot by a white guy is being reported nationwide.

Now let's just sit and think about that for a second.
    I agree 100%! My statement was not based on race at all........seen it both ways.

Growing up in NM I had a cousin who was half Hispanic, but had blonde hair and blue eyes. I'd take him to HS parties with me and the Hispanic guys would not allow him in saying "he is a narc"….of course because he looked Anglo. Wasn't till I moved to Denver that I saw the other side of racism since the Hispanic population is not the majority here like it is in NM. I totally get it works the other way around too!

P.S. I have got three people fired over racism towards me here in Denver. One told me to go back to Mexico if I was going to speak Spanish (I am not fluent in Spanish at all and was born here and am actually a Spaniard). Another co-worker accused me of stealing her lunch and said "you look here you little spic, you ever touch my lunch again I will kill you (I did not take her lunch and she actually went to HR on me over this and when she admitted to her racist comments she was let go). A employee at a Walgreens argued with me over sale once and then went off how "you are from Mexico and I am from USA so I think I know Math better (again others heard him and came to my defense and he was fired....I was born here and so were my parents and last 4-5 generations)
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Dec 11th, 2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    What in the flying fuck are you talking about? Dude white people were the first slaves in this fucking country!! Also they were cheaper. So being cheaper they were treated worse.

Get the fuck out of here. What about the Jews? Holy shit man there has never been another people so abused in history.

I'm sorry man you need to truly do some history.
    Found one.