Thread: Gym Guy - For Bulldog :)

Gym Guy - For Bulldog :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfjwTtxdmac

I was going to post this in Aaron's thread about finding a jacket but didn't want to walk all over his thread, so here you go man, you may get a kick out of this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Gym Guy - For Bulldog :)

There are definitely "gym guys" like this at my gym. Luckily I am not one of these guys as they seem to be the ones that do bodybuilding shows and care nothing else except lifting; I knwo on this site I seem hardcore, but I am not even in the league of some of the true gym guys. I have a buddy who hasn't drank a beer in over 5 years, eats 100% clean (chicken and rice), yet does nothing but workout. I ask him if he dates or anything and he is always "to busy lifting bro" then flexes in the mirror so I can see his ripped abs....wtf, what is the point because nobody makes money bodybuilding and all he does is stay there all the time. Yeah he is about to go pro, but I bet when he gets older he may regret all that time. There is a point where people take things too far.

Overall I feel this "gym guy" is because most bodybuilders are insecure and that is why so many people do it...not cuz they think they are cool, but secretly they feel insecure and this is the best way to fix it. People take me on this site as cocky, but if you talked to the people that really know me they would probably say that I am not really that way and am usually the first to try to help someone out.

Funny listen...thanks
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    There are definitely "gym guys" like this at my gym. Luckily I am not one of these guys as they seem to be the ones that do bodybuilding shows and care nothing else except lifting; I knwo on this site I seem hardcore, but I am not even in the league of some of the true gym guys. I have a buddy who hasn't drank a beer in over 5 years, eats 100% clean (chicken and rice), yet does nothing but workout. I ask him if he dates or anything and he is always "to busy lifting bro" then flexes in the mirror so I can see his ripped abs....wtf, what is the point because nobody makes money bodybuilding and all he does is stay there all the time. Yeah he is about to go pro, but I bet when he gets older he may regret all that time. There is a point where people take things too far.

Overall I feel this "gym guy" is because most bodybuilders are insecure and that is why so many people do it...not cuz they think they are cool, but secretly they feel insecure and this is the best way to fix it. People take me on this site as cocky, but if you talked to the people that really know me they would probably say that I am not really that way and am usually the first to try to help someone out.

Funny listen...thanks
    Oh no it has nothing to do with you. When I saw the pics you posted it made me think of Jim Rome's rant on Gym Guy. If you really want to entertain yourself, look up the rest of the "that guy" rants he does. Gym Guy, Softball Guy, Likes To Fight Guy, Handshake Guy, Golf Guy, etc. etc. They are all hilarious. His rant on Halloween and people who dress up is hilarious as well, I thought I was the only person in the world who thought the same way about Halloween until I heard him rant about it.

I agree with you, most "Gym Guy's" are very insecure. When I was at World's Gym, you'd see them just loving themselves in the mirrors. They would go do a few sets then flex in front of the mirror for the next hour. That's why they spend so much time in the gym, constantly looking in the mirror. Very very vain. Also, bodybuilding is terrible in terms of making a living. Most of those guys even the pros don't make very good money. Unless they win the Olympia(multiple times) they don't live very well off lives. Many of them just live crappy lives where working out is all they have.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh no it has nothing to do with you. When I saw the pics you posted it made me think of Jim Rome's rant on Gym Guy. If you really want to entertain yourself, look up the rest of the "that guy" rants he does. Gym Guy, Softball Guy, Likes To Fight Guy, Handshake Guy, Golf Guy, etc. etc. They are all hilarious. His rant on Halloween and people who dress up is hilarious as well, I thought I was the only person in the world who thought the same way about Halloween until I heard him rant about it.

I agree with you, most "Gym Guy's" are very insecure. When I was at World's Gym, you'd see them just loving themselves in the mirrors. They would go do a few sets then flex in front of the mirror for the next hour. That's why they spend so much time in the gym, constantly looking in the mirror. Very very vain. Also, bodybuilding is terrible in terms of making a living. Most of those guys even the pros don't make very good money. Unless they win the Olympia(multiple times) they don't live very well off lives. Many of them just live crappy lives where working out is all they have.
    Yeah someone sent me this a while back and I got on the “that guy” kick for the day and listened to a lot of them while working; funny stuff…and a lot of it is true.

Funny thing is right after hearing this I went to the gym and just kept laughing at how true some of this was. I walk in and see the “gym guys” comparing supplements in the locker room as if this is a show and tell. Then over by the mirrors is “ripped guy” with his shirt off doing his poses…not sure why he chooses to do it in a smelly lockeroom…other than he of course wants people to see what great shape he is in. Walk upstairs to the weights and see the “gym guy” on the bench press with his three 45’s on each side which was clearly way to much weight for him. I continue to watch him to see how this goes and ten minutes later, I had completed 4 sets, he finally decides enough people have seen the weight he is going to do and it is time; grabs his buddy for a spot, can’t get the weight up even halfway himself so his spotter helps. He gets up all proud he did the weight when his spotter pretty much did half the weight for him. 1 rep in 15 minutes….epic.! Oh it went on and on from there…..

I wonder if he has a “gym girl”; “I wear tiny spandex and a top with no bra and then wonder why the guys looks at me”. These girls crack me up because they must spend 45 minutes putting on makeup and getting ready to go the gym. They know most guys are looking at them and they must love it…back to that bodybuilder insecurity.

Couldn't find a "gym girl" he did.

This video is funny though and teases some of the gym people....and starts off with that "gym girl" I was talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8UeUp7B60