Thread: Pedrosa - I cannot continue racing this way

Pedrosa - I cannot continue racing this way

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/217...-this-way.html

Wow!!

Not good, always like Pedrosa and don't wish for him to leave racing but you've got to do what you've got to do.

$5 says this is an opening for Stoner's return...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Pedrosa - I cannot continue racing this way

And he just signed a 2 year contract too... this is interesting.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    And he just signed a 2 year contract too... this is interesting.
    I know, but the article and his comments had a very serious tone to it. Sounds like this has been in the works for awhile and they were waiting to see if he cured the arm pump issue. Either way, I'm sure HRC are scrambling to find a suitable replacement. Dani is still very fast and finding someone to help challenge Yamaha and Ducati is going to be a tough task. Like I say, wouldn't surprise me one bit if Stoner has been asked to step in. Honestly, it makes the perfect sense. Look at the fact that they have had Stoner doing a good deal of bike development. It's almost as if Honda saw this coming and kept Stoner on the back burner as a possible replacement. Yeah he's been out since 2012 but he's still someone what fresh because of testing and is still fast.

I don't know, my money is a on a Stoner return. Now, will Stoner be competitive?? Hard to say, I'd say no. Not right away will he be. He'll still be fast but competing for wins is highly doubtful. I still think Stoner would be top 5 fast though. Wait and see..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Aoyama to replace Pedrosa at Argentina and COTA
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Aoyama to replace Pedrosa at Argentina and COTA
    Yep, saw that today. Was certain Pedrosa was out for the season, from the way he made it sound in that article. Hopefully he can recover and rejoin the paddock. I think Repsol will suffer these next two rounds. Marquez will be fine but they aren't going to be moving forward much with Aoyama. He's a good rider but not Dani and only Dani knows how he wants his bike. Still though, two races out should give him some good time to recover. I think if Pedrosa doesn't recover completely, or does recover but can't ever race again. It will definitely throws things out of whack at Repsol. Aoyama could step in and get the ride of a lifetime with Repsol but I would think HRC has a plan to move someone a lot faster into the fray. I still think until the fat lady sings, we'll see Stoner return. Could be wrong though and he may not. However, if Dani doesn't recover 100%. It just sounds too good to be true for Stoner not to come back.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Sounds like his surgery went well and it'll take 6-8 weeks to get back to normal. Hopefully it'll work cause he has potential for a title. I'm sure there's a part of Stoner's contract that won't allow him back into HRC as a main rider since he decided to retire and Aoyama being their main free test rider he was first choice, also they wouldn't have brought Stoner back due to the pure fact that Marquez is doing very well and they don't want turmoil over that.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1