Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I need advice..

Re: I need advice..

Idk. This guy rides motorcycles and conceal carries a pistol on him. Seems to me like he fits in here perfectly fine?

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    Idk. This guy rides motorcycles and conceal carries a pistol on him. Seems to me like he fits in here perfectly fine?

So true though.......
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Yeah but I can't remember the last time any of us lost our sidearm while riding in traffic. That being said what happened to him is the primary example of why I've never carried while riding a bike.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah but I can't remember the last time any of us lost our sidearm while riding in traffic. That being said what happened to him is the primary example of why I've never carried while riding a bike.
    In his defense his duct tape holster failed when it began to rain

He now has a "waterproof upgrade"

JK, but that was hard to pass up

Its hard to go slow out where you guys live. God in Michigan the roads suck. Potholes and cracks everywhere, straight lines, hitting the on/off ramps repeatedly to get some lean time. It sucks. In Phoenix's defense, pretty much the entire state of Colorado is a race track. And lets not kid ourselves, the mountain passes are no fun going the speed limit. Hell their not even fun doing double the speed limit sometimes. If you accept the consequences and learn from previously stupid habits....I say go for it. Fuck it. Rock n Roll
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    Its hard to go slow out where you guys live. God in Michigan the roads suck. Potholes and cracks everywhere, straight lines, hitting the on/off ramps repeatedly to get some lean time. It sucks. In Phoenix's defense, pretty much the entire state of Colorado is a race track. And lets not kid ourselves, the mountain passes are no fun going the speed limit. Hell their not even fun doing double the speed limit sometimes. If you accept the consequences and learn from previously stupid habits....I say go for it. Fuck it. Rock n Roll
    Well be aware you can get 3-5 years for vehicular manslaughter……..I know because at age 17 my best friend went to prison for that in a wreck we were in. Was driving like a idiot and wrecked and killed someone. State prosecuted and won. So yeah if you can deal with those consequences then rock on. Of course this is rare, but it can happen. I highly doubt a family would not sue if a sportbike was going double the speed limit and hit and killed someone else. I believe this is the #1 reason people with no criminal history go to prison; vehicular manslaughter

Just another way too look at it....again tickets are the easy side of this.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

pretty much the entire state of Colorado is a race track.
    No, no it isn't.

And lets not kid ourselves, the mountain passes are no fun going the speed limit. Hell their not even fun doing double the speed limit sometimes. If you accept the consequences and learn from previously stupid habits....I say go for it. Fuck it. Rock n Roll
    So buy a dual sport and get off the paved roads. You'd be amazed how much fun you can have off-pavement in the mountains.

It's one thing to accept the consequences of YOUR actions. It's entirely another to place those consequences on OTHER people because you made a conscious choice to be a d-bag. Poor impulse control is not justification or cause for bad decisions, and if you just can't help yourself from being stupid on a bike (or with a gun, as a post above illustrated) then literally do society a favor and stay away from them.

I am not going to preach like I'm perfect; I have done some dumb shit on a bike in my earlier years, things which I am extraordinarily lucky did not have severe, life-altering ramifications. Some friends got me into the track thing and that allowed me to exercise my impulse issues in a proper space.

A motorcycle, especially a fast one, carries with it as much responsibility as anything else that can kill you or someone else if mishandled. If you lack the self control to understand the concept of "right time and place", please take a step back and reevaluate your priorities. The only thing we hate worse than reading about a rider who killed themselves being stupid is a rider who killed someone else in the process too, and both are very real possibilities when you push things to the limit on the street.

Have fun, but think before you act. If intellect is not part of your fun equation, please go somewhere you can't hurt anyone else when you decide to be happy and stupid.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    No, no it isn't.

Coming from a forum who's group rides lead to numerous crashes per year. People on here like to haul ass. Everybody knows this. So what the dude split two cars. It wasn't the smartest move, but I'm pretty sure every person on here has done some stupid manuever at least a few times in their riding career. Maybe its time we ALL sell our bikes and buy 50cc scooters because you know what.....lets start practicing what we preach.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Coming from a forum who's group rides lead to numerous crashes per year. People on here like to haul ass. Everybody knows this. So what the dude split two cars. It wasn't the smartest move, but I'm pretty sure every person on here has done some stupid manuever at least a few times in their riding career. Maybe its time we ALL sell our bikes and buy 50cc scooters because you know what.....
    ...Coming from the guy who claims the whole state is his personal race track? Guess what, it isn't.

lets start practicing what we preach.
    I do, homey.

Yeah people haul ass, yeah people crash (most often because they hauled ass or did some other bonehead move). So because it happens we should just cheer it on? There are two reasons I don't go on group rides any longer - I don't want to scrape some idiot's brains off a canyon wall, and I got real sick of almost being taken out by people with egos exponentially larger than their skills.

The OP split some lanes and admitted his own issues with self control. Props to him. If he knows he's headed for a bad time, it's good to consider other bikes and/or ways to ride them that won't incite as much of an urge to do those things.

Look - I get it, ok? I've been on the street and track on fast bikes for a long time. I've had plenty of moments of stupidity on my own accord, with plenty of witnesses that can corroborate it. I've also learned a lot from it, and will speak up when I see someone about to make the same mistakes. Many others in this thread appear to be of a similar mindset. Maybe I'm just older and slower, I dunno. But I do know what it's like to come within half a heartbeat of being the guy people read about after the crash, and looking back it just wasn't worth it. I love riding, but I love my wife/kids, my other hobbies, and little stuff like being able to pee while standing up a lot more than the brief surge of adrenaline that comes from doing 120 down a public road.

Maybe it's just me.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

cheers. I understand.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Coming from a forum who's group rides lead to numerous crashes per year. People on here like to haul ass. Everybody knows this. So what the dude split two cars. It wasn't the smartest move, but I'm pretty sure every person on here has done some stupid manuever at least a few times in their riding career. Maybe its time we ALL sell our bikes and buy 50cc scooters because you know what.....lets start practicing what we preach.
    You may have the wrong idea of this club man and be in the wrong one. There are local clubs like Ruff Ryders, Street Soldiers, etc that do act like the club you are talking about....go down to Lodo on weekends and you will see them chillin at the gas station. Not sure what rides you have been on, but I have seen people sent home because they refused to wear a helmet or just had no business on a bike. I know Bob, Sasha, Ralph and a few others usually even give a good speech before a group ride to the crowd; seen it many times. Of course there will always be some crazy riders, as Ralph said I am not claiming to be a saint and others have even put me in check before when I pushed it too much,, but overall this is a safety oriented club and that is why you see so many MRA members here. Honestly I joined this club over ten years ago because it was safety oriented; hence why you are getting so many people against crazy riding. It is not that we don’t take chances, we just understand the consequences because we have went through them. Most of us want others to have a long life of riding rather than a guy that gets his bike, goes one season and crashes and never rides again.

I’ve always thought how “tough love” is odd. People want to hear what they want and when they do not they seem annoyed by it. Yet if you think about it, the person that cares is the one that tries to help you.

P.S. I no longer do group rides myself because I was sick of seeing people crash.....just goes with group rides though as they can be harder when you have 20+ bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Vess View Post
    Have you considered a Grom?
    That thing looks like fun. I might consider getting one for fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    There are local clubs like Ruff Ryders, Street Soldiers, etc that do act like the club you are talking about....
    ummmm no.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    Wow I love hearing everyone's opinion. Thanks for that!

First of all, I'm not some crazy squid riding around like a maniac. Normally I just cruise to the speed limit or accelerate quickly to the limit. However, I will change lanes pretty closely to other vehicles and accelerate hard to get out of traffic. That's what I'm worried about, that one instant burst where I just got tagged and pulled over. My license means almost everything to me and I don't want to lose it. Hence why I made this thread. I wear ATGATT and I always pay attention to my surroundings. I look through the vehicle's windows ahead of me to see what traffic is doing, I watch car's shadows to see what they're doing.

Some of you guys may remember this but I was in an accident on my sv650. I was riding the speed limit (35) as a post office truck in front of me was pulling out of a dirt road on my right. I was literally watching her suspension compress and her tires slow down to make sure she stopped. Unfortunately, she pulled out at the last second and I had no where to go but into a wall of truck in front of me. My rear tire actually made a rainbow tread mark 6ft tall on the side of her truck. I was luckily, scratched a bit, and was even able to ride the bike home. With saying that, I do consider myself a good rider, I just know that one day my luck will run out.

Anyway, I do realize that the way I ride sometimes is meant for the track. And If I had it my way, I'd have something like a grom to put around town on and have the gsxr as a pure track bike. I'm going to ask for a track pass for IMI from my parents for Christmas and go from there. I've road my raptor 660 (since sold) on the dirt tracks and road the go karts there a couple of times, it's a sweet place!

I haven't really thought about kids honestly, there's something else on my mind that I'd rather stay alive to do. Some of you may laugh but I'm still a virgin. Grew up in a religious home and I'm waiting for that girl to come around. Seeing as I'm a man, I really don't want to die without doing that. So there's that and keeping my license, that's wanting to make me downgrade. If I buy a scooter (ruckus), I can mod it to my hearts content, not get in trouble (if it's not fast I wont drive it fast..), and keep myself alive for my future (that sounds harsh haha).

I've been looking for signs on whether to sell it or not, and I got one yesterday. I was cruising 80mph on i25 just moving between traffic when all of a sudden and semi pulled up next to me and honked his horns. I looked at him and he made a gesture with his hand like he was on the phone, and then I saw him mouth "you dropped your phone!" I pulled over immediately and after about 15 minutes of searching the shoulder I realized I was literally listening to music on my phone. And then it hit me, I dropped my conceal carry S&W M&P 40 pistol that wiggled itself out of my inner waste band.. I dropped a gun! Some random guy could find it and use it for the wrong reason.. I found it 4 1/2 hours later but I still felt it was a sign to sell my bike and just be smarter about my life. There's no need to put life on Fast Forward when in traffic, or in general really.
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

ummmm no.
    Hung out with both clubs so sorry to break the news to you man, but unless they went under since last season they are there

Here you go man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdSh94cuF2I

In case you want to join https://www.facebook.com/OutkastRR.denver

Here is some on Street Soldiers and the shooting deaths their club was involved in years back http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12914039
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Dec 17th, 2014 at 12:03 PM.

Thumbs down Re: I need advice..

Hung out with both clubs so sorry to break the news to you man, but unless they went under since last season they are there

Here you go man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdSh94cuF2I

In case you want to join https://www.facebook.com/OutkastRR.denver

Here is some on Street Soldiers and the shooting deaths their club was involved in years back http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12914039
    Hey man, I really appreciate your interest (and enthusiasm) in getting me signed up with those clowns, but it's not my thing.

Thanks Anyway.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Hey man, I really appreciate your interest (and enthusiasm) in getting me signed up with those clowns, but it's not my thing.

Thanks Anyway.
    No thanks necessary...I just wanted to prove you wrong that their are clubs geared towards the riding you seem to like

Odd you are not interested when you clearly stated this is your style

I do practice what I preach, I took it to the track and track only now.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

No thanks necessary...I just wanted to prove you wrong that their are clubs geared towards the riding you seem to like

Odd you are not interested when you clearly stated this is your style
    My style? Like what? Having a sportbike and enjoying it on some of the best roads that North America has to offer? Dude...maybe your in the wrong club.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Gold Member

My style? Like what? Having a sportbike and enjoying it on some of the best roads that North America has to offer? Dude...maybe your in the wrong club.

Hahahaha best roads? Maybe if you never left Colorado. There is a lot of roads and much better riding all together out there.

I'll just reply with your epic earlier post

I've enjoyed pretty much all the group rides I've been on here, even with the crashes (Granted none of them have involved me or been serious at all). Safety is important, I get asking someone to leave because they won't wear a helmet but other than that I feel like the rides are big enough those who want to go fast lead the way and wait up, and double back if someone goes missing.

Anyways, I think we've digressed....what was this thread about? Oh yea,

GUNS!!!!

Stay on topic folks

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

I haven't been on a club ride lately, but seems they have chilled a lot in the last few years and folks are riding responsibly for the most part. GMR, my DRZ has a lowering link and is setup for a lightweight. Your girl is welcome to try it out.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'll just reply with your epic earlier post

Well Bulldog you got me. I enjoy riding the canyons at a quicker than average pace. How long did that take for you to figure out? That doesn't mean I split lanes and weave in and out of traffic like your old buddies in the Ruff Riders did. Hell, when I had the urge to really fly I'd even head out and enjoy the events that Chicane and Apex put on.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69