Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: I need advice..

Re: I need advice..

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    Just my observation from this thread and other threads that turned into a similar outcome..
    I've repeatedly seen people talking about how this club isn't anything like it was what--like 5 years ago? I'm wondering if maybe it's because back then people were more supportive (I've only been here maybe two years so I don't claim to know, just speculation). It seems some come on here and get completely flamed if people don't ride/live the way that the club endorses (speed limit-ish, ATGATT). Was it always like this? Or was this a more supportive group back in the day? I just feel like people come on here, feel unwelcome and leave. Don't you think instead of going apeshit on someone for not wearing ATGATT or sometimes riding irresponsibly, you just positively encourage them to get the equipment and help them ride at a responsible pace in a group ride instead of "absolutely not, you are not welcomed on this ride". Either way, they're still going to ride but they're more likely to get a lot more hurt/nobody notice them missing if they're out riding by themselves so I feel like it's almost just as much on you as much as them if they get hurt on their own since you totally just gave up on them like that.
    I get that you don't want to see somebody get completely rashed up or in a bad wreck, and that's why a lot don't do the group rides anymore. It's like catching your kid doing drugs and immediately throwing them out on the street--you really think that's going to change their life for the better?

Sorry for the tangent, it's just something that grinds my gears a little bit... After all--this is a sport bike club. There are easily more group rides through the canyons than track days, so if you have the extra money for a track bike/track days/full gear then that's great that you've got to that point, but not everybody is at that point.
    This isn't specific to CSC, and the people who make those statements have a selective memory. There is always somebody flaming, and somebody who knows better... what IS sad, is that the more experienced riders who have so much information, experience and wisdom to share, like Dirk, tend to say very little. Along with that, I agree with you and wish things were nicer on the internet. I also know that's not the reality.

However, what I think Phoenix is really after is validation. Somebody to stand up and say "I know what you're experiencing. It was stupid, and it sucked, but you're through it and moving in the right direction." We all did this around that age, it's part of growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drama2 View Post
    What I said earlier still stands....there are people who grow out of not knowing the right or wrong and people who dont...well some still live and others well dont. Because YOU actually realize your mistakes and arent shoving under carpet...you will make a awesome person later and will look back and say...wow I lived through all this stupid shit I did when I was young.
    This is probably the best out of all these responses. This thread, those experiences will all be educational to Phoenix, and that is the point. It hurts, stupid hurts, but it's not the end of the world. No harm, no fowl. Just keep swimming.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

And by swimming he doesn't mean dropping a fucking gun on the road for a few hours. That was just pure asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    Just my observation from this thread and other threads that turned into a similar outcome..
    I've repeatedly seen people talking about how this club isn't anything like it was what--like 5 years ago? I'm wondering if maybe it's because back then people were more supportive (I've only been here maybe two years so I don't claim to know, just speculation). It seems some come on here and get completely flamed if people don't ride/live the way that the club endorses (speed limit-ish, ATGATT). Was it always like this? Or was this a more supportive group back in the day? I just feel like people come on here, feel unwelcome and leave. Don't you think instead of going apeshit on someone for not wearing ATGATT or sometimes riding irresponsibly, you just positively encourage them to get the equipment and help them ride at a responsible pace in a group ride instead of "absolutely not, you are not welcomed on this ride". Either way, they're still going to ride but they're more likely to get a lot more hurt/nobody notice them missing if they're out riding by themselves so I feel like it's almost just as much on you as much as them if they get hurt on their own since you totally just gave up on them like that.
    I get that you don't want to see somebody get completely rashed up or in a bad wreck, and that's why a lot don't do the group rides anymore. It's like catching your kid doing drugs and immediately throwing them out on the street--you really think that's going to change their life for the better?

Sorry for the tangent, it's just something that grinds my gears a little bit... After all--this is a sport bike club. There are easily more group rides through the canyons than track days, so if you have the extra money for a track bike/track days/full gear then that's great that you've got to that point, but not everybody is at that point.

First of all let me say that's an interesting point of view.

The group that I ride with have been on and off the CSC bandwagon for years. CSC went through several stages. Early 2000's it was an awesome place in my opinion with tons of information and a lot of like minded riders. Then membership exploded and changed. There was quite a bit of diversity and that drove people out to the edges so to speak. Several smaller groups were formed so that they could continue to ride with like minded riders they trusted without the drama that seemed to follow CSC. So to answer your question that's my opinion of the reasoning behind the current state of CSC affairs.

I moved away from CO and came back twice and I still ride with essentially the same group of people I rode with in 2003. For many reasons I don't see that changing. We are always looking for new people to ride with and have join our rides for the very reason this thread was started but most people aren't as serious about their riding as we are. So it is hard to find the right personality. We all consider each other family at this point and have spent vacations and many weekends together with spouses. We do Track days and trips to the Dragon every year. It is a very nice environment.

The Mason's have a saying that I like. "If you want to be one ask one" I think we go by this as well. We would invite anyone who approaches us to ride with us. It takes time to truly be part of the group but only because we have all been riding together for so long. We still would welcome anyone who took their riding seriously.
    Last edited by Gramps; Tue Jan 13th, 2015 at 02:16 PM.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    And by swimming he doesn't mean dropping a fucking gun on the road for a few hours. That was just pure asinine.
    Sheesh, Aaron, let it go already. We've all done stupid shit in our lifetime that we regret and wish we could forget. A piece of advice, and pretty good words for anyone to live by, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Jan 13th, 2015 at 05:13 PM.

I like what you said a lot Spooph, and I think you understand where I am coming from. Thanks man.

Yes, it was "pure asinine". Did I learn a big lesson? You better believe it, but apparently you just can't get over it, however, I'm still going to move on.

An update on myself after thinking a lot with these snowy streets. I'm keeping the bike, no scooter for me. I truly think that was Drano said about having the fix the internal problem is right. And that's what I'm doing and working towards. I got a second job and am saving up some money to go to the track come spring time. Looking forward to it!
    06 GSXR 750