Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cop pull over protocol

Re: Cop pull over protocol

I would like to ask if anyone has a suggestion on who I can talk to regarding a police misconduct / brutality incident. A CSP officer, in a state park, claimed I passed in a no passing lane, pursued me and performed a Pitt Maneuver while I was doing less than 10 mph pulling over to the side of the road. My bike was totaled, jacket, helmet, gloves and pants were damaged, and I lost my job as a result.

Email me at oddibe@gmail.com if you know of any attorneys you would recommend I talk to. Thanks.

This is just idle speculation without any empirical evidence and Aaron can tell me I'm wrong but....if a cop is set up and running radar, he's not doing it to give warnings. You're getting a ticket, so shut up and take the ticket. Don't admit to anything, don't engage. Now if the cop out driving around and you do something dumb in front of him, maybe you have a shot at a warning. Unlikely, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddibe View Post
    I would like to ask if anyone has a suggestion on who I can talk to regarding a police misconduct / brutality incident. A CSP officer, in a state park, claimed I passed in a no passing lane, pursued me and performed a Pitt Maneuver while I was doing less than 10 mph pulling over to the side of the road. My bike was totaled, jacket, helmet, gloves and pants were damaged, and I lost my job as a result.

Email me at oddibe@gmail.com if you know of any attorneys you would recommend I talk to. Thanks.
    As sure as I am that your actions played no part in what happened, CSP has an internal affairs process like any other agency. Call and ask them, and get a lawyer if you feel you need one. But remember, most CSP cars have dash cams now, so while you were a perfect little angel and stopped immediately with your hands in the air, the video footage may have been doctored to show quite a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by koop View Post
    This is just idle speculation without any empirical evidence and Aaron can tell me I'm wrong but....if a cop is set up and running radar, he's not doing it to give warnings. You're getting a ticket, so shut up and take the ticket. Don't admit to anything, don't engage. Now if the cop out driving around and you do something dumb in front of him, maybe you have a shot at a warning. Unlikely, but maybe.
    It depends on the Officer, completely. Personally, I rarely "set up" to run speed enforcement, but when I do, I go about 50/50 warnings vs tickets. It all depends on your attitude, the speed, etc. When you do something dumb in front of me, you're almost guaranteed a ticket. My theory on that is if you're paying so little attention that you didn't even see the police car, then a citation is warranted because you should be driving your best when the cops are watching.

However, CSP has a very different job than Municipal Police Departments, so you're much more likely to get a citation from a Trooper than you are from a Deputy or Officer.

Not to thread Jack completely but how does protocol work for groups of bikes speeding?

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Not to thread Jack completely but how does protocol work for groups of bikes speeding?
    Not really the answer your looking for but for FYI....

Few years back on I25, group of us got pulled over by CSP, same one that everyone knows. We all got tickets for about 10 over. I was the only one that didn't fight it in court and paid the price. Everyone else went, fought it and won.

There were 6 or 7 of us I believe.

In a group of bikes, all should stop. Just like previous, just all pull off the road to the safest area immediately nearby, and stay on your respective bike.

So if bikes in frt get pulled over the bikes behind the cop stop? For instance group approaches cop he turns on lights and turns around. He goes past some of the bikes and idk how he choses who to get behind but he does. Everyone in frt of that bike and behind the cop should stop ? What happens if I dont? Or if I slow down and turn around ?

I personally would stop, I think that shows the most amount of respect and cooperation, however you're not expected to since he went around you but stayed behind the #1 bike. You won't have any problems if you slowly, quietly, and safely go around them once they stop.

I never said I was faultless. The rookie trooper was not set up, was just pulling anyone & everyone over for anything, and him nearly killing me for an alleged passing violation is like chopping the hand off a kid for stealing a piece of candy.

I have the dash cam. There was no illegal pass. The stop was illegitimate. The officer is in the wrong for what he did. Excessive force. Pitt Maneuver on a motorcycle? I have police testimony that this is proper only in few, few scenarios. I'm not perfect, but I didn't deserve this. Cops are people, and people f up. This cop shouldn't be a cop. Wait till he kills the next biker.

What is the protocol if a couple of bikes do a drag racing style launch to extra legal speeds from a stop light right in front of a state trooper?

So he alleges a passing violation, and then for no other reason just takes you out? I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

Why don't you share the video? Enlighten me. Show me how dangerous this cop really is.

There is no protocol in either one of these scenarios, we don't have policy telling us exactly how many sixteenths of a turn to turn the steering wheel when making a U-turn. I cannot answer every what-if scenario, I can merely tell you what I think I'd do given the most basic of information you provided.

In that case, if I was interested in contacting them, I'd probably just catch up to them and treat it like any other traffic stop. I'm guessing that didn't happen. But I also know you left out quite a bit of information that changes the circumstances.

I once tased a completely innocent guy who did nothing wrong, broke no law, was simply walking home with his groceries. And I tased him. Sounds pretty awful right? Think I could give you just a few more details that would change your thoughts completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddibe View Post

I deleted your same post in another thread as it will not get different results as your post here and there is no need to cross post. I'd also recommend making a new thread in the future vs. tagging onto an old one that's different from the information you are looking for.

Here is a thread on lawyer recommendations you may find helpful.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ecommendations
    Last edited by Jmetz; Thu Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:19 PM.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Aaron if your goal is to cause me to respect police, you are failing miserably. I hope I meet the fresh cadet out of uniform someday. See how macho he is without his badge to hide behind.

No, because I've been doing this long enough to know you are incapable of changing your perception based beliefs. You continue to hate, cops will continue to PIT. We'll see who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    In a group of bikes, all should stop. Just like previous, just all pull off the road to the safest area immediately nearby, and stay on your respective bike.
    Screw that man... Pull over one at a time every quarter mile so he has to choose one person. I have heard of way too many stories of a whole group of 10 getting tickets. Multiple bikes in one stop is just revenue generation bullshit.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

That's what the fuck head cop at Morrison did to me. I pulled over for my friend as he signaled him to pull over and not me but out of courtesy I still did it, he gave us both tickets for the same thing.... ummm yea, how about never do that and pull over a bit ahead and wait for your friends. Opportunist pieces of shit
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I don't have a preconceived notion. My uncle is a Chief of Police in AZ. I have morning against good cops. I loathe bad ones that abuse the authority and cause the public to resent those who are there to protect and serve them.

I'd say about 5% of cops are worth having respect for, the rest can go fuck themselves for all I care. They overstep their authority just cause they know they can. Hell the ticket I got during that ride I came up with may cause me my job now and just cost me insanely (I am literally broke, I dk what I'm going to do to make bills now) and couldn't do payments cause they want even more fees per payment so I'd end up paying double the amount and also have to pay to serve community service (really?!?!?!) all this shit that just ruined me for the next few months and all cause he decided to overstep his power and fucking lie by pinning me with some exaggerated speed. I spoke with about 15 people outside the courtroom before they opened up (mostly cage drivers) and they all said the same thing and then I told them what also happened to me, so it's not like they said that shit cause of what happened to me. They weren't going over the limit all that much and that the cops that gave them the tickets definitely exaggerated the speed but weren't willing to show the gun cause the state allows them to say no, what kind of shit is that? Fuck that, so they can make up whatever speed and it's their word and that's the end of it... Yea, sounds legit.... I don't care who hates me for writing this but dealing with this type of shit numerous times would get to anyone.
    Last edited by madvlad; Thu Aug 6th, 2015 at 01:06 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Funny how this all fits in with racism/resentment, couple of bad apples with beat cops and many hate the whole tree. I have seen the same against military personnel from a member that used to be on here.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I'd say about 5% of cops are worth having respect for
    Society says the same regarding riders..... but probably less than even that 5%

Lets get back on topic before this gets outta hand. We don't need to turn this into why we like or don't like LEO's.... (coming from someone that went into the Marine Corps with 6 waivers haha).
    Last edited by Slo; Thu Aug 6th, 2015 at 01:21 PM.

I just read the last part of this thread when I came in but anyways carry on...
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Aaron, first and foremost, thanks for sticking your neck out. Also, pretty crazy how people change. I remember a time when you and I were at heavy odds on this subject, however, as experience sets in, it's funny how the roads start melding together again.

When I was young and dumb I got many, many tickets. I think I was 1 point away from losing my license for 5 years straight. I used to budget speeding ticket fines in with my insurance, tire and gas costs. I've carried an attitude with cops, I've been nice, blah blah. What it really comes down to is they are human, like we are human.

You think it sucks to get a ticket? They have to suffer with people with bad attitudes all day, to keep some semblance of civilization floating around. No, I'm not defending cops, I'm saying that as soon as you make universal statements about one group of people over the other, even with qualifiers, you are no better for it. There are good cops, there are bad cops, there are good people, there are bad people. The rest of us in the middle, we get to suffer whatever the previous person's consequences were.

I remember getting a ticket one time and thanking the officer "for doing business with him". He chose to smile at the jibe.

Another time I decided to try something new. No matter the ticket, I would make sure the officer left in a better mood than he did when he stopped me. I was courteous, polite and all that other jazz. I got a ticket. After being given the ticket I told the officer: "I'm sure you get a lot of people who hate you after getting a ticket, but I want you to know that I am not mad, and whatever shit comes your way today, I hope you can continue to have a good day. To show I'm sincere, can I buy you a cup of coffee, because I genuinely want you to have a good today, and feel good about who you are and what you do".

Some of you will think that silly, and very hippy dippy shit.

However, the officer declined the cup of coffee, but got into his cruiser with a smile. Even though I got another ticket, I felt good for the rest of the day as well. I decided I needed to find some side work to pay for the ticket. Which I did.

The moral of the story is: You choose your life path. You choose what upsets you, and who is responsible for your attitude. If it's everybody else, you are going to be one upset individual the majority of your life.

So, there is no set in stone rules of how to get out of a ticket. We all know the rules of the road. We all break them countless times. If you don't want to get burned, don't play with fire - there are many options around not to have to risk a ticket or worse on the road.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.