Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Down payment made on my new machine :)

Down payment made on my new machine :)

2015 BMW S1000RR. It'll be ordered in about a month, and it'll be in after about 2 months. I got the premium package, which includes Dynamic Dampening Control, ABS, Dynamic Traction Control, heated grips, cruise control, shift assist pro, and the forged wheels. Basically fully loaded.

In addition I also ordered the red/white paint, HP foot pegs and levers, carbon fiber side panels, rear seat delete/ cover, and rear peg delete. Sorry Townie, you can ride 2 up with Grimmy though. I declined the Akra exhaust, I want to see what's available with other companies first since I didn't like the last gen Akra.

Immediate mods will be Helibars, a double windscreen, Sargent seat, and a new paint job. I'll probably have it wrapped in Matte gray metallic, same color as my current bike. Wraps defend against rock chipping better, are cheaper, can be redone easier, and can still go back to original paint if ever I want to.

[Image]http://www.mcnews.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BMW-S1000RR-1.jpg[/image]

Senior Member Moderator

Re: Down payment made on my new machine :)

+1 Drano

So what's the OTD price on this bad boy Aaron? I'm kind of surprised for that money you're not trying to find a 2015 Yamaha R1M.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Everyone and their brother has an R1, it's but ass ugly, and it lacks a lot of the comfort options the BMW has. But I know I know Yamaha is best because you've owned and wrecked like 8 of them

BMW is also cheaper, I'm sitting at 18.7 right now before taxes.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Everyone and their brother has an R1, it's but ass ugly, and it lacks a lot of the comfort options the BMW has. But I know I know Yamaha is best because you've owned and wrecked like 8 of them

But I know I know Yamaha is best because you've owned and wrecked like 8 of them
    Butt slam!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

What? I can't rub your nipples while doing some cock on back? This is bullshit.

Oh that's different then. I was thinking the BMW with all of that stuff would be more like 21K

So what are you doing with the "old" one? Trading it in? Selling it? Dedicated Track bike?

I think the new 2015 R1 is something that grows on you, I kind of like it but it's not out to win any beauty contests.

Yamaha has never left my ass stranded on the road

BMW is also cheaper, I'm sitting at 18.7 right now before taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Oh that's different then. I was thinking the BMW with all of that stuff would be more like 21K

So what are you doing with the "old" one? Trading it in? Selling it? Dedicated Track bike?

I think the new 2015 R1 is something that grows on you, I kind of like it but it's not out to win any beauty contests.

Yamaha has never left my ass stranded on the road
    Even at 21 I still would've chosen it, it's what I want. I'll either sell or trade in my old one, but won't make it track only.

That amount of ugly won't grow on me, sorry. BMW has never stranded me either. Nor has it fallen on it's side. Or hit a deer. Or slipped on mud. Or whatever other one of your 12 excuses was to hide the fact that you were simply riding too fast.

That amount of ugly won't grow on me, sorry.
    It happened once with the BMW, why not the r1.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Everyone and their brother has an R1, it's but ass ugly

WHOA! Really. To each their own I guess. I see the R1 as one of the sexiest looking bikes available. I personally dislike the cockeyed headlights on the BMW whereas the headlights on the R1 are possibly the nicest looking on any bike.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Eh, I think it looks good, and that's what matters. That R1 was messed up by a Japanese guy with a pen. Badly.

Last edited by Aaron; Wed Dec 24th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.

I think the headlights are the best looking on the R1, same with the dual undertail. I think the side fairings on the R1 are hideous much the same as the ones on the CBR1000. But once again to each their own. I cant afford either bike so my opinion is null!

I like the Yamaha R1's headlights as much as I like this guy!

Oh that is ugly! I mean the prior gen R1 headlights (the dual projector ones) those are sex!

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Oh that is ugly! I mean the prior gen R1 headlights (the dual projector ones) those are sex!

That is a bit Fugly for damn sure. If they had place the headlamps right above where it is now, it would not be as hideous.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Differences in taste withstanding, it's bold to refer to any iteration of an R1 as "ugly". Granted they didn't invent the gorgeous sportbike styling category [see Ducati 916], but they were definitely trendsetting for their segment and they absolutely hit homeruns in styling.... When Ducati had lost it's way, Yamaha R1s were absolutely considered "thee beauty bike" in the sportbikebike community, with exotics like the MVF4 also carrying the torch for a more sophisticated crowd.

Now this BWM on the other hand... I'm not going to say it's ugly, it's certainly not. But you know how mother's can love certain babies that most others look at with an apologetic smile...?

Now that girl in the picture may very well one day have a curvy body with a set of tits nice enough to enter the wet t-shirt contest, but let's not kid ourselves... She not making it past the elimination round on applause.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Barn, you just made my day!!!

He's just saying what everyone else was thinking...

Can clovis enlighten us as to how the R1 would look all smashed up? Because that's how all of his Yamahas end up.

I'm not saying the RR is the best looking bike out there, it isn't. The Panigale and RSV4 clearly win the beauty contest. But the RR looks good to me, and it fits me perfectly. There are few times in a man's life when he rides a brand new bike out of a parking lot, and instantly feels like he's been riding it for years. The bike just connects with me like no other bike ever has. I hope everyone here can find that bike for them, it might be a Panigale, it might be a CBR600, but it is pure motorcycling bliss when you do.

Can clovis enlighten us as to how the R1 would look all smashed up? Because that's how all of his Yamahas end up.
    Way to be a dick Aaron.

Aww don't get sad, you know I do it cause I love you. Not as much since you abandoned me though. I still remember that time I rode 2 up with my arms wrapped oh so tight around you.

I loved the prior gen R1, as well as that 17,500 rpm R6. Both totally hot bikes, it really saddened me when I saw that new R1. Although I'd never consider one, I still very much so enjoy perusing the menu.
    Last edited by Aaron; Wed Dec 24th, 2014 at 05:35 PM.

I'm not saying the RR is the best looking bike out there, it isn't. The Panigale and RSV4 clearly win the beauty contest. But the RR looks good to me, and it fits me perfectly. There are few times in a man's life when he rides a brand new bike out of a parking lot, and instantly feels like he's been riding it for years. The bike just connects with me like no other bike ever has. I hope everyone here can find that bike for them, it might be a Panigale, it might be a CBR600, but it is pure motorcycling bliss when you do.
    That's the feeling I had riding my brand new 2014 VFR800 home from the dealer. I managed to put over 4k miles on it since August just carving up the canyons. Based on what I've seen, if you liked your 2013, you'll love the 2015. It certainly is an amazing bike. Although I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the headlights. But some of that is due to my OCD need for symmetry.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Gold Member

Can you enlighten us on what a smashed up police car looks like? You did get a ticket on that one didn't you?

It looks like any other smashed up car, just with lights and stickers haha. I wish I could post a picture but that violates our policy. I got a ticket for my second on duty accident, but not the first. No points just a small fine.