Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Down payment made on my new machine :)

Re: Down payment made on my new machine :)

So why did you get a pre-production model instead of waiting a bit longer for one with the keyless touch and go? That's a pretty big feature, although after doing some research, I can't find any info that the 2015 RR will come with it. I'm starting look hard at the new Multistrada, which does have a keyless system...and some of the best LED headlights out there. Congrats on the new ride.
    Last edited by DriverDave; Sat Jan 31st, 2015 at 08:59 AM.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

^^ The keyless system on the strada is nice. My 2010 had a keyless ignition, but I didn't opt for the keyless fuel cap. And, with the number of problems I had with the electrics, I'm glad I didn't! Also, I don't know if they changed it or not, but I still needed the key to get into the panniers and under the seat.

So, once you get used to not putting the key into the ignition, it becomes easy to forget to take it out from under the seat. Your heart will definitely skip a beat when you take off down the road and a couple miles later, you get the "NO KEY" on the dash. They you're mind goes right back to the last time you saw it hanging out from under the seat...

Luckily, the key never fell out and it only happened a couple of times, but you learn very quickly to keep that FOB close.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

The RR isn't available with the keyless, and won't be for 2015 even in regular production. I'm guessing because it'd be a problem for the race bikes, since a lot of leather suits don't have pockets, and the ones that do could get ruined and/or cause injury in a crash.

LED turn signals will be an option though. I'll probably add them later, or put LED bulbs in them.

I already spent $2400 in HP parts, so my butt hole is still reamed. $950 for rear sets. $1000 in a carbon fiber rear tire hugger and chain guard. And $450 for a rear seat replacement cover.

Chocolate Thunder

Anybody ride it......hmmmm

I wouldn't have to worry about you falling over, you'd have to lean to do that

I'm your huckleberry. You can try out the wonders of the mighty R6 with no traction control or abs to tame the screaming beast...

Sweet new bike Aaron!
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Parts arrived: Brembo master cylinder, Helibars, and a Shorai battery all from my 2013.

Parts ordered: BMW HP rearsets and carbon fiber pieces, Arrow Titanium Competition Evo full exhaust.

Parts to be ordered soon: MRA windscreen, Sargent seat, and HID projector headlights.

Parts removed: Passenger rearsets, and soon the passenger seat and the horn.

So far I'm just under 80 miles on the bike. So far it's been awesome, a lot different than my 13. It's more uncomfortable, but I think nearly all of that comes from the lack of comfort mods done yet, as opposed to the 13 which was all sport toured up. I can't even feel the DDC working, except that when I lay into the throttle hard, it definitely doesn't squat the rear end as much. I haven't had the opportunity to feel DTC or the ABS yet. The quickshift pro is simply phenominal. Changing gears up is done more quickly than on the 13, but with less engine noise, and more of a disturbance in acceleration. So although the gear change is done faster, it definitely cuts engine power more to make the change happen, causing a noticeable pause-and-go affect. I have a feeling this will be minimized at higher RPM, as the QS always works slow and disrupting at low RPM. It's still faster, cooler, and more awesomer than the 13 or shifting on your own. As far as the downshifts go, I'm fucking addicted. Just pull up on the gear change lever (GP shift for the win!), and the motor automatically blips the throttle and sets it in the gear. It's miraculous, and I find myself shifting more than I used to just so I can downshift. After the downshift, the motor emits several loud pops as it revs down, and the rider is left trying not to pitch a tent right then and there. It's that awesome. I haven't tried launch control yet. Cruise control is equally as amazing as the quickshifter. It's just like cruise in a car, holds it within 1 mph of your set speed, and can be increased or decreased in 1mph increments, and can resume acceleration. I love it! For Clovis, I encountered a private section of roadway owned by a friend, and the CC held speed at 121mph, I didn't try it any higher. The bike is limited at 9,000rpm until I hit 600 miles and have the service done, so it taps out at 128mph. It seems about even with my 13, I can't really notice any significant power difference yet. Below 6,000rpm it actually feels a touch slower, but at 6,000 or so the trumpets must raise as there is a noticeable bump in power, and then it feels stronger than the 13, which I can't feel the power bump in. The limiter sucks some serious dick. Just as the motor starts to come on strong, it's killed. The bike sounds better, although it's also slightly quieter. Too bad the exhaust is fugly.

The bike feels more agile and more eager to dive over into a lean, although I haven't done any spirited riding yet.
    Last edited by Aaron; Wed Feb 4th, 2015 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Parts arrived: Brembo master cylinder, Helibars, and a Shorai battery all from my 2013.
    Are you selling these parts from your 2013?
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

Nope, putting them on my 15. If you want to trade factory rearsets (And a little bit of cash!) for my Sato's though, we can talk!

Other than the rearsets I've pretty much expired my aftermarket parts. Going to leave the Puig screen on, as well as the shift spring inside of the clutch case.

Congrats on the new purchase..... Im sure its everything and then some.

installing your heli bars?

That and the Brembo master cylinder. The Helibars don't fit however, turns out the 15's clip-ons are a 1/2" longer to accomodate the added switches. I'm working on finding a solution now.

Helibars done and on, required drilling a new set screw hole for the right side grip. Not too bad.

Rode the bike today and am sitting at 601 miles :-)

Some big modifications coming in the next couple weeks, stay tuned for pics!

BMW HP rearsets, and some carbon fiber goodies. Also put on a rear seat body panel to eliminate the seat. RPM limiter should be off on Thursday and my exhaust gets here Friday.

BMW HP rearsets, and some carbon fiber goodies. Also put on a rear seat body panel to eliminate the seat. RPM limiter should be off on Thursday and my exhaust gets here Friday.
    what's the seat cowl look like? I have yet to find a good one for my 2013 that didn't look like cheap chinese junk
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

What happens when you over-rev and kill the engine. Will the warranty still be valid?

The seat cover doesn't look like cheap Chinese junk, however it doesn't look quite like it was hoping. It's a bit taller, making the tail appear kind of large. Almost like the early 2000s Gixxers. Still better than the seat, just wish it was more flat.

Birchboy, it should've clarified. The engine has a 9,000rpm limiter for the first 600 miles. Then that's raised to 14,200. This has been done bit in didn't get to ride it much after. It almost feels slower in 1st gear because of how much better the traction control is than my old bike. It's much smoother, and the front end just floats a couple inches off the ground, instead of pogo sticking up and down.

Dano and I installed the Arrow Competition Evo full titanium exhaust last night. Can't thank him enough for his help, couldn't have done it without him. The new exhaust is significantly lighter, especially since we got rid of the two exhaust flap servos also. I also removed the horn.

That's going to be looooooooud. What are you doing for fuel tuning?
    you plan on tracking this bike?
    Last edited by GNGSXR; Sat Feb 21st, 2015 at 12:32 PM.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Color scheme is clean. Nice looking bike. I would like to see the double-R's on the tank replaced in blue, to match the propeller. Other that that, pretty sharp. Get the entire bike in the frame in the next picture though.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Senior Member Moderator

Drano and I installed the Arrow Competition Evo full titanium exhaust last night. Can't thank him enough for his help, couldn't have done it without him.
    Glad I could help! And I can personally testify that it is seriously loud now!

Nice man, post a video clip of the exhaust if you get a chance.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

.....$1000 in a carbon fiber rear tire hugger and chain guard. And $450 for a rear seat replacement cover.....
    Aaaaand I would like everyone on here to know that I will be starting a carbon fiber/seat replacement company next week.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook