Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

Most fans of anything are... at best... "casual fans". It's just the nature of sport-as-entertainment. I don't hate on that, but I do realize it.

I'd be willing to bet that 80+% of the people who are actually going to shell out the $100 to buy this PPV "boxing match" probably don't even realize there are undercard matches they can watch. That they are paying to watch. They are only interested in getting together with their buddies for the spectacle!

It's probably very similar, if not less-so, in the world of MMA fans who buy or watch PPV events. They likely have no real clue about the undercard fighters or any genuine desire to watch them. They just want to see "the main", and spend time socializing and getting drunk until it starts.

Real, educated, dedicated, knowledgeable fans of anything, are rare. Most just own the apparel.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Wow, that's cool. Although I bet the main fight doesn't start till about 10pm. Will PPIR be open that late or you guys panning to go somewhere around the track?

Who you for? You think Conor has a chance?

The MRA is racing at PPIR this weekend, so most people just stay the night at the track. Last I heard they were going to setup a projector in the office area to watch it. It's just MRA members putting it together, not an official PPIR thing. I would rather see Conor win, and I do think he has a chance, although I think Floyd has the better chance of winning a boxing match. I'm not a boxing fan, and I'm a fairly casual fan of MMA, but I'll probably go hang out and watch it.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    well I'll take that back. Ron white was here last weekend.

Who, you mean Tater Salad?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

I have no interest in the fight. I am likely more than a casual fan but certainly not all-in uber type fan.

Not surprised he got busted. I wanted to give him a second/third chance, but someone who is just a lying cheating dirty person will lie to your face and make you feel bad if you don't believe him. JJ seems to be that type of person. Everyone is just a pawn in his game. Hope retesting proves me wrong, but my faith in him was low, now its gone. Oh, what could have been.

I watched Kingdom, felt season 2 got a bit out there with all the extra drama. I guess it was meant to be a limited run show. Still liked it though. Was shocked that was a Jonas brother.

I also listen to Rogan's podcast some. Some of them are pretty thought provoking on a number of subjects. The one thing I take away from it is he likes weed. No, he really loves weed. A LOT.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR