Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

LAS VEGAS -- UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tested positive for traces of cocaine prior to his eighth title defense last weekend in Las Vegas, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
    NSAC executive director Bob Bennett confirmed to ESPN.com on Tuesday that Jones, 27, tested positive for benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine. Jones informed the NSAC that he had admitted himself into a drug treatment center.

The urine test sample was collected on Dec. 4 and analyzed by a WADA-approved lab in Salt Lake City. According to a lab report, results of the test were issued on Dec. 23. The test is considered an out-of-competition test, however, and according to WADA's banned substances list, benzoylecgonine is only banned in-competition.
    Since the test is considered out-of-competition, the result of Jones' fight against Daniel Cormier on Jan. 3 will stand.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/12...tment-facility
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

Been hearing the rumors for a long time that Jon Jones has a major Cocaine problem and he was finally caught. The funny thing is it appears as if this guy won't even get in trouble for it because it was considered out of competition. Then they commend the guy for going to rehab....ummm...he was caught and that is why he went. Would have been different if he manned up and came out and went himself, but they caught him so of course he is going to try to save his image by going to rehab.

What bothers me the most is guys get caught for Marijuana and get fired or suspended from UFC, but Cocaine is being treated like it is not a performance enhancing drug and no penalties for that. If you look at the time it takes Cocaine to leave the body compared to Marijuana then it is very clear that it is not fair (Cocaine is out of system in days where Marijuana takes months). Also appears as if UFC knew about this prior to his fight on Saturday and allowed him to compete still. Just makes me wonder how much of this is because it is their money maker Jon Jones and if it would have been different if a lower level fighter was caught.

Gold Member

How does cocaine improve performance? What fighter lost their job to pot?

Honestly man cocaine is whatever. Its not a steroid. Why does weed always have to be brought in? What does one have to do with the other?

And no it doesn't take months for weed to leave the system. It depends in your metabolism and how much you use. I passed a hair test two weeks after the last time I smoked. Because I don't get high every fucking day.

But honestly who cares what people use to enjoy their lives. Its their life. You want to be high 24/7 enjoy. Your life. Your choices.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    How does cocaine improve performance? What fighter lost their job to pot?

Honestly man cocaine is whatever. Its not a steroid. Why does weed always have to be brought in? What does one have to do with the other?

And no it doesn't take months for weed to leave the system. It depends in your metabolism and how much you use. I passed a hair test two weeks after the last time I smoked. Because I don't get high every fucking day.

But honestly who cares what people use to enjoy their lives. Its their life. You want to be high 24/7 enjoy. Your life. Your choices.
    The question is why should some drugs be allowed and not others then? Or why some fighters are penalized and others are not. Is pot a performance enhancing drug too...because that is why it is banned...yet cocaine is not; makes no sense. In my opinion Cocaine is way worse than pot, but it is not being treated that way.

I could care less what people do in their private lives, but when you are a pro athlete you have rules to follow.

Nick Diaz has been suspended many times for Marijuana and he lives in CA and has a medical prescription for it. There have been many fighters; boxers and MMA

Nick Diaz
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/nick-diaz-s...-for-marijuana

Matt Riddle
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/26...marijuana-drug

Pat Healy
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/5/14...-for-marijuana

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (Same Nevada Gaming Commission)
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...iled-drug-test
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 09:04 AM.

Townie, also understand that Jon Jones has been a self proclaimed “Christian role model” for years, but his actions speak much different. He went on an interview saying that UFC sponsored him because they know he would never mess up and get like a DUI…well a few months later he slammed a telephone poll in his car while drunk. He also is a religious man…yet has three kids (oldest is 6) from a women and has not married her; by the way when he hit that telephone poll he had two girls with him at 3am (neither were his fiancé). In interviews he has even stated that he is a “snitch” and will tell on anyone he sees with Marijuana; yet he is a drug addict himself. Recently he did not know the sound was on before an interview and you can hear him making death threats to Daniel Cormier and when camera rolled he totally changed into the fake nice guy he acts like. So basically I believe his fakeness is what is coming out and he was once one of the most liked UFC champs and now has turned into one of the most hated. I’ve just been saying for years this guy is fake!

Don't just take my word for it though.
    From Dan Henderson: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/5/...lot-of-respect
    From Daniel Cormier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNKE_17DkZU
    From Rashad Evans: http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/19/28...ud-rivalry-mma

Great fighter though….one of the greatest!

What can I say, I hate fake people
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Townie, also understand that Jon Jones has been a self proclaimed “Christian role model” for years, but his actions speak much different. He went on an interview saying that UFC sponsored him because they know he would never mess up and get like a DUI…well a few months later he slammed a telephone poll in his car while drunk. He also is a religious man…yet has three kids (oldest is 6) from a women and has not married her; by the way when he hit that telephone poll he had two girls with him at 3am (neither were his fiancé). In interviews he has even stated that he is a “snitch” and will tell on anyone he sees with Marijuana; yet he is a drug addict himself. Recently he did not know the sound was on before an interview and you can hear him making death threats to Daniel Cormier and when camera rolled he totally changed into the fake nice guy he acts like. So basically I believe his fakeness is what is coming out and he was once one of the most liked UFC champs and now has turned into one of the most hated. I’ve just been saying for years this guy is fake!

Don't just take my word for it though.
    From Dan Henderson: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/5/...lot-of-respect
    From Daniel Cormier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNKE_17DkZU
    From Rashad Evans: http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/19/28...ud-rivalry-mma

Great fighter though….one of the greatest!

What can I say, I hate fake people
    Sports role models in todays world?!?!?!

2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796

How often did you smoke before those two weeks? I heard that if it's like a one-time thing/binge smoke period, it can take like 3 weeks to be detected in a hair test so if you usually don't smoke but smoke a bunch right before a hair test, you can pass. If you were also smoking before that 2-3 weeks though then that is intriguing. There's a company I want to work for but they hair test and I'm always nervous about that

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I've never once heard Jon Jones proclaim himself to be a role model. He has a tremendous self confidence (deservedly so) in his skills, his training, and his fighting ability. If anything, he has openly admitted that he is susceptible to flaw and failure just like anybody else is, and that is why he trains so hard to prevent this.

People often put others on a pedestal because of what they are able to accomplish. Role model, mentor, whatever.... I never recall Jon Jones encouraging people to look up to him, or to admire him or to try and emulate him. His distractors like to say that he says one thing, but then lives a life of another, and that simply is not true. All Jones has ever proclaimed is that he is the baddest man on the planet at the Light HW division, and that he believes in himself, he believes in his preparation, and that he is willing fight anybody and make them look like they don't belong. He has never been wrong.

I hope he is able to get his partying under control though. It would be a shame to not be able to see him continue to fight and defend his title.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Bunch of mumble jumble on the Joe Rogan Show. Actually some funny stuff in there.

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I've never once heard Jon Jones proclaim himself to be a role model. He has a tremendous self confidence (deservedly so) in his skills, his training, and his fighting ability. If anything, he has openly admitted that he is susceptible to flaw and failure just like anybody else is, and that is why he trains so hard to prevent this.

People often put others on a pedestal because of what they are able to accomplish. Role model, mentor, whatever.... I never recall Jon Jones encouraging people to look up to him, or to admire him or to try and emulate him. His distractors like to say that he says one thing, but then lives a life of another, and that simply is not true. All Jones has ever proclaimed is that he is the baddest man on the planet at the Light HW division, and that he believes in himself, he believes in his preparation, and that he is willing fight anybody and make them look like they don't belong. He has never been wrong.

I hope he is able to get his partying under control though. It would be a shame to not be able to see him continue to fight and defend his title.
    Admitted....negative...he was caught! This is PR going to rehab and not like he decided to do it out of the blue.

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy,” Jones explained. http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-e...h-rashad-evans

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.” Jon Jones

Here he is excepting a award for a "positive role model"
    http://www.bjpenn.com/ufc-champ-jon-...e-role-model1/

Can't forget his religious tattoos and quotes:
    http://mmaquotes.blogspot.jp/2014/03...ion-bible.html

Anyways no point in arguing with you as you are free to have your own opinion, but seems like you are now turning into the minority that supports him because others have seen through him.

Again, a great fighter though!

This video has the journalist explaining it (watch/listen to video) http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jon...21247-mma.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Bunch of mumble jumble on the Joe Rogan Show. Actually some funny stuff in there.

Thanks EJ, have not heard that one yet...will listen now
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 11:05 AM.

Haters gonna hate.

Truth is, what we do at home and what we do "in the office" is never as intertwined as it is for celebrities. People (and apparently you Nate) think that Jon Jones wants us to believe that he is perfect and has never done or will never do any wrong, and that is quite simply never an impression or "vibe" of him that I've picked up on. Ever since he was an up and coming fighter, he has always acknowledge a need and a desire to keep working, keep training, keep trying to improve, to push to stay ahead... I mean are we simply supposed to forget that he is human because he's a world champion and a celeb.??

Clearly - like I said before - a lot of people must have put Jon Jones on some artificial pedestal that I don't understand because that standard he seems to be held to, just doesn't make sense to me. The guy works his ass off to train and learn and practice and improve to maintain his stranglehold that he has right now on his title. It's laughable to me how easily that is dismissed or deflected or just simply ignored because his personal life has had some backwards steps, like most all of us have had.

If you've ever bothered to set aside personal dislike for the man or whatever prejudices you have, you'll know that he is very much aware of not only his potential, but also of the chance that it might not be fulfilled, if he doesn't make sure to maintain it. That is not a proclamation of being perfect. That is not a statement of godliness. That is not declaration of infallibility. What it is, is exactly the opposite... it's an understanding that complaisance and failure to focus can derail ANY OF US. Even the most talented, even the hardest working, even the most gifted.

People will call out him for being fake for as long as he is in the limelight. But I will tell you this and please believe it... I have never once known or witnessed somebody who is "fake" who has achieved the pinnacle of anything. Not sport, not business, not personal success. Sure you can fake your way into having friends, you can fake your way into gaining admiration, you can even fake your way into a lucrative career. Jon Jones however has achieved the absolute pinnacle of what he does. Read it again. The summit. THERE IS NOBODY BETTER THAN HIM.

I dunno... maybe there is some subconscious human desire that I can't relate to, that wishes to see those as the peak, come down tumbling. All I know is if this whole "faking" thing is working so well for him, maybe the others who he has bested should start trying it, because whatever they're doing that's so praise-worthy and moral sure as fuck isn't working.

I'm not saying I'm proud of what JBJ has done, but he'll pay the price. He'll catch heat and catch hate and lose money over it, maybe even lose some friends and fans.... But really it's just another stumbling block. Anybody who has worked hard to earn something can probably relate to setbacks. People who want to just nitpick and pin a label on him because he can't maintain the perfection and the flawless image that they put upon him, just come across to me as having a chip on their shoulder. So quick to throw those stones, but would never dare look into that mirror themselves.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Oh... and just to add one last thing. I really don't give much credence or "implied value" to somebody who has claims of a faith, based on religion. Those who know me well and have talked to me about it, probably know my general feelings on religion. Needless to say I don't exactly have a monumental "Oh wow! Really!? You believe in a deity, you must be an amazing person! Is that tattoo real? You must live your life perfectly" reaction, like some of you seem to have.

I mean really, if we're going to start incorporating into our judgment of people, what and how they believe about creation and how they decorate their bodies, that's kinda sad. Smells a bit of desperation to prove a point, if you ask me.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Haters gonna hate.

Truth is, what we do at home and what we do "in the office" is never as intertwined as it is for celebrities. People (and apparently you Nate) think that Jon Jones wants us to believe that he is perfect and has never done or will never do any wrong, and that is quite simply never an impression or "vibe" of him that I've picked up on. Ever since he was an up and coming fighter, he has always acknowledge a need and a desire to keep working, keep training, keep trying to improve, to push to stay ahead... I mean are we simply supposed to forget that he is human because he's a world champion and a celeb.??

Clearly - like I said before - a lot of people must have put Jon Jones on some artificial pedestal that I don't understand because that standard he seems to be held to, just doesn't make sense to me. The guy works his ass off to train and learn and practice and improve to maintain his stranglehold that he has right now on his title. It's laughable to me how easily that is dismissed or deflected or just simply ignored because his personal life has had some backwards steps, like most all of us have had.

If you've ever bothered to set aside personal dislike for the man or whatever prejudices you have, you'll know that he is very much aware of not only his potential, but also of the chance that it might not be fulfilled, if he doesn't make sure to maintain it. That is not a proclamation of being perfect. That is not a statement of godliness. That is not declaration of infallibility. What it is, is exactly the opposite... it's an understanding that complaisance and failure to focus can derail ANY OF US. Even the most talented, even the hardest working, even the most gifted.

People will call out him for being fake for as long as he is in the limelight. But I will tell you this and please believe it... I have never once known or witnessed somebody who is "fake" who has achieved the pinnacle of anything. Not sport, not business, not personal success. Sure you can fake your way into having friends, you can fake your way into gaining admiration, you can even fake your way into a lucrative career. Jon Jones however has achieved the absolute pinnacle of what he does. Read it again. The summit. THERE IS NOBODY BETTER THAN HIM.

I dunno... maybe there is some subconscious human desire that I can't relate to, that wishes to see those as the peak, come down tumbling. All I know is if this whole "faking" thing is working so well for him, maybe the others who he has bested should start trying it, because whatever they're doing that's so praise-worthy and moral sure as fuck isn't working.

I'm not saying I'm proud of what JBJ has done, but he'll pay the price. He'll catch heat and catch hate and lose money over it, maybe even lose some friends and fans.... But really it's just another stumbling block. Anybody who has worked hard to earn something can probably relate to setbacks. People who want to just nitpick and pin a label on him because he can't maintain the perfection and the flawless image that they put upon him, just come across to me as having a chip on their shoulder. So quick to throw those stones, but would never dare look into that mirror themselves.
    Hate? How is it hate when the facts are facts!

Like I said no point in arguing with you Barn as you are welcome to your opinion, but the fact is he keeps messing up and people are seeing that; I pointed out facts with links to back me up. He went from one the most loved champ to one of the most hated….I know you hear the booes he gets now…you watch the weigh ins…booed by most. So yeah people get what they sow and it was only a matter of time till it came down on him. Sure he may be ok financially, but his “good guy” image is gone for most of us and now he has a cocaine problem to deal with!

Naive people going to stay naďve

Haha... This is undoubtedly why we're not the same kinda friends like we used to be, Nate. It's obvious you only relate to and appreciate people who never mess up. I guess I should be kinda jealous. =)
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 12:16 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    How often did you smoke before those two weeks? I heard that if it's like a one-time thing/binge smoke period, it can take like 3 weeks to be detected in a hair test so if you usually don't smoke but smoke a bunch right before a hair test, you can pass. If you were also smoking before that 2-3 weeks though then that is intriguing. There's a company I want to work for but they hair test and I'm always nervous about that
    Well stop burning the hippy lettuce, then you can go work for that company. Can't have your cake and eat it too and FWIW I love the fact that even though this state made this sh*t legal, employers still have the right to nail you for it. Which is the way it should be, the employer makes the ultimate decision. "Yeah it's legal to smoke, but if you want to work for us you have to make a choice." You either eat and pay bills or be baked off your ass your whole life. Pretty simple choice if you ask me...
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: I hate auto correct!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Just to recap...

False good-guy image and fake persona = The guy who within seconds of the fight bell, does something derogatory to his opponent in the heat of battle (after getting swung at after the bell by the way), then mere moments later, responds the fact that he acted out, apologizes to those who may have viewed it as classless, and then explains quite simply "I don't like the guy and that's why I did it."

Yeah. That kind of simple self-reflection, internal honesty, and articulate acknowledgement to the masses (along with an apology of his misgiving) all within a few seconds of an emotionally charged environment and a world championship fist-fight, sounds to me like exactly the kind of person who is fake and isn't honest with the world or himself. Yeah. That sounds about right.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 12:31 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Haha... This is undoubtedly why we're not the same kinda friends like we used to be, Nate. It's obvious you only relate to and appreciate people who never mess up. I guess I should be kinda jealous. =)
    Yup, you and I have never agreed on what is right and wrong and a huge difference there between us. This just kind of reminds me why we went our separate ways.

I am for sure no saint either and have never claimed to be one and have quite a few friends that have messed up that I still love. Hell one of my good friends just got out of prison!
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 12:40 PM.

Funny Jon Jones pics are already starting.

*disclaimer: I did not make these

Gold Member

Screwing up? He didn't hurt anyone. Omg he got a DUI. Welcome to a large part of society. Omg he does coke.
    Who cares.

Diaz never lost his job. Plus he was a prick. If you want to piss off the people paying you its probably a good idea to not give them a reason stop paying you.

Diaz is a prick. Not your best example.

And role model? Come on. Anyone who allows their children to look at cage fighters as a role model should be slapt upside their heads.

Same goes for any sport. They play a game. That's it. Why would you let your kid idolize that?

But really man I'm not sure why this has you so hot. He's a rich fighter. He does what he does well. Who cares.
    You do understand that coke and money go hand in hand right?

Screwing up? He didn't hurt anyone. Omg he got a DUI. Welcome to a large part of society. Omg he does coke.
    Who cares.

Diaz never lost his job. Plus he was a prick. If you want to piss off the people paying you its probably a good idea to not give them a reason stop paying you.

Diaz is a prick. Not your best example.

And role model? Come on. Anyone who allows their children to look at cage fighters as a role model should be slapt upside their heads.

Same goes for any sport. They play a game. That's it. Why would you let your kid idolize that?

But really man I'm not sure why this has you so hot. He's a rich fighter. He does what he does well. Who cares.
    You do understand that coke and money go hand in hand right?
    Don't blame me, just google his name and see what comes up today...big news....just reporting it!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post

I don't do anything "often". Its called keep it special. That time I smoked because I was moving. The last time was when a friend killed himself.

I do enjoy life. I also have a job that does random hair/UA. Even random alcohol tests. It doesn't mean I can't be a responsible adult and still enjoy life.

Its called being modest. That's something pot smokers haven't figured out. Its also something that celebs forget and end up having to go to rehab.

But to be honest I have never really enjoyed pot. But the things I do enjoy I can promise you I have done in the last year and will still do. When the time is right.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Don't blame me, just google his name and see what comes up today...big news....just reporting it!
    I am not blaming anyone. You are posting with emotion. That is coming off very clear.

You are clearly upset that this guy isn't losing his title and that more isn't being done about it. The problem with that is there is a lot of people who do coke. It just isn't as open as pot.

If you think he's even close to the only guy who does this in the ufc you will be very disappointed. Its a rich mans drug and it is used VERY often.

I am not blaming anyone. You are posting with emotion. That is coming off very clear.

You are clearly upset that this guy isn't losing his title and that more isn't being done about it. The problem with that is there is a lot of people who do coke. It just isn't as open as pot.

If you think he's even close to the only guy who does this in the ufc you will be very disappointed. Its a rich mans drug and it is used VERY often.
    I admitted I hate fake people and I do feel he is one...again my opinion on him. I've always hated fake people since I was young and always will; I'd rather someone hate me and tell me it then to act nice and stab me in the back! If Jones did cocaine and parties like he actually does and didn't act like he didn't then I would be ok....he'd actually be kind of cool. Rampage is one of my favorite fighters and he has been in trouble many times.....difference is Rampage is Rampage and doesn't try to act like something else. Chuck Lidell is a womanizer and even says so in his book...yet I love Chuck but he ain't out there saying he is family man and messing aorund....he is crazy Chuck!

Townie you know I am not one to hide my opinion or say thing so people like me so not sure why this shocks you so much.

I guess everyone could go talk about a mileage thread...that has been done like 10 times on this club. Trying to add something to discuss unless you want it boring CSC with 10 posts a day like it has been Biggest news of day!