Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

I will just leave this here then....again just reporting it. Click it or not

Nevada deputy attorney general reviewing whether or not Jon Jones lied at hearing

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Others might argue that the "biggest news of the day" might be all of the people who were killed in that office massacre in Paris. Or that a possibly inhabitable planet may have been discovered by scientists. That or a celebrity athlete that people done like, got busted using drugs. Definitely one of those three, depending on your appreciation for relevant news.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Others might argue that the "biggest news of the day" might be all of the people who were killed in that office massacre in Paris. Or that a possibly inhabitable planet may have been discovered by scientists. That or a celebrity athlete that people done like, got busted using drugs. Definitely one of those three, depending on your appreciation for relevant news.
    You made a post of that??? Where????? Site is boring and we need more people making topics instead of complaining about other people's topics!
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jan 7th, 2015 at 02:38 PM.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

When people start getting their news from CSC threads I make, we will have officially hit rock bottom.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    When people start getting their news from CSC thread I make, we will have officially hit rock bottom.
    That is how forums work

And actually forums are to discuss issue on the news! (in off topic of course)

P.S. Nobody forces you to keep coming back to this thread then....yet you keep coming back

Gold Member

Well to be on point he is posting keeping the thread going. Lol.

And yeah its been dead around here for a while.

Barn I still hate Obama.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I will just leave this here then....again just reporting it. Click it or not

Nevada deputy attorney general reviewing whether or not Jon Jones lied at hearing

Well nothing happened to Clinton or any other politician that did the same. Lol

Ahem... Double post ^^^^^^
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Yeah?

Gold Member

And?

Gold Member

Its

Gold Member

How

Gold Member

I

Gold Member

Roll.

Haha!! I know you like to roll 6 posts deep.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Safety in numbers.

More news on Jones on his random drug test (*again just reporting the news for discussion as it comes up)

Jon Jones' out of competition drug tests all show abnormal hormone levels

The Nevada athletic commission tested Jon Jones on three separate occasions during December 2014. Two of these tests, both administered on December 4th, showed the presence of cocaine metabolites. What has received less discussion is that all three tests show abnormal levels of testosterone and/or epitestosterone.
    All tests show his testosterone level being significantly below the normal margin. His T:E levels of .35 .29 and .19 raise significant flags.

On what appears to be his first test of December 4th, Jones testosterone levels measured at 59ng/dL. His epitestosterone levels measured at 170ng/dL. The normal range for epitestosterone is usually similar to that of testosterone.

Gold Member

Well it is what it is. When you do this kind of job you have to sell yourself. Most people won't sell themselves as who they actually are because... Well you can never actually reach the standards of the public.

As you have called him fake I just see another celebrity doing what they had to do to make the big bucks.

I would argue that the matt Hughes kind if person makes more than the rampage. Yes some fighters have always left things out in the open to a degree. But let's be honest man they can't sell that as well as this perfect person idea.

That's what you get with a celebrity. An idea. These things are set the way so you will fall in love with them. Buy what they tell you to buy. Spend money on watching them fight. Buy their jursey. Watch their movies/events.

Its just marketing yourself to make as much as possible. You and I know both know that if we were honest with every job interview down to the last thing we would never get a job.

Well its not that far off for a celebrity or athlete. They have to market a image to make them look purchasable.

So really I'm not sure why we do this but maybe we have to see them as people we could never be. Hold that hope in our heads that maybe the world isn't shit.

As for your comments about being real. I will just say charlie sheen. No one is more open about their life and how they live it than him. Now look at how society looks at him. He's still very successful but let's face it you won't see anyone paying tons of money to him to sell a product. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well it is what it is. When you do this kind of job you have to sell yourself. Most people won't sell themselves as who they actually are because... Well you can never actually reach the standards of the public.

As you have called him fake I just see another celebrity doing what they had to do to make the big bucks.

I would argue that the matt Hughes kind if person makes more than the rampage. Yes some fighters have always left things out in the open to a degree. But let's be honest man they can't sell that as well as this perfect person idea.

That's what you get with a celebrity. An idea. These things are set the way so you will fall in love with them. Buy what they tell you to buy. Spend money on watching them fight. Buy their jursey. Watch their movies/events.

Its just marketing yourself to make as much as possible. You and I know both know that if we were honest with every job interview down to the last thing we would never get a job.

Well its not that far off for a celebrity or athlete. They have to market a image to make them look purchasable.

So really I'm not sure why we do this but maybe we have to see them as people we could never be. Hold that hope in our heads that maybe the world isn't shit.

As for your comments about being real. I will just say charlie sheen. No one is more open about their life and how they live it than him. Now look at how society looks at him. He's still very successful but let's face it you won't see anyone paying tons of money to him to sell a product. Lol
    I guess to me a celebrity athlete is a bit different since they are actually out there able to do harm to another person. If Jones testosterone levels are elevated is it really fair to allow a athlete to go out with the edge and hit someone in the face...clearly when it is cheating. Same with football, should cheating be allowed when it can come at the cost of the person being hit. Steroids do make this much a difference in training, strength, stamina, cardio, etc so is it fair to the guys that have to fight a roided out fighter....or one on coke? Go look at the Pride fights where everything was legal and you will see crazy fights with guys like Wanderlei Silva jacked on coke and roids; it has been admitted and documented in the Pride days....they did fight on cocaine frequently and were monsters in the ring.

I get you though and this aread there will always be cheaters and stuff like this....just sad when we can't have a clean sport anymore and just makes the next guy have to cheat if he wants to be a competitor

And if anything this is going to hurt Jones with sponsorship and fans; it already has pretty bab...so far Reebok is sticking with him, but if he loses his title that could all change.

P.S. The fakeness comment from me comes because he does not preach what he says. See post #10 on this; put down his quotes he has put out which conflicts with his actions.
    F*ck it here they are:

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy,” Jones explained. http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-e...h-rashad-evans

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.” Jon Jones
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:39 AM.

Well stop burning the hippy lettuce, then you can go work for that company. Can't have your cake and eat it too and FWIW I love the fact that even though this state made this sh*t legal, employers still have the right to nail you for it. Which is the way it should be, the employer makes the ultimate decision. "Yeah it's legal to smoke, but if you want to work for us you have to make a choice." You either eat and pay bills or be baked off your ass your whole life. Pretty simple choice if you ask me...
    Statements like this about pot are inane. MJ stays with the body in fat cells and in the blood of the hair follicle. If you smoke weed 1 time every 2 weeks you will fail a hair, urine and blood sample for THC. You can do acid, cocaine, meth, shrooms, whiskey and a shit load of other horrible drugs daily and then stop 2 days before your test, and test clean. Just because some people smoke pot does not mean they are not successful and productive in their daily lives. I would argue that alcohol has so many worse side effects, issues and social problems than smoking weed. Yet, you don't see anyone complaining when you hear about them brewing their own beer. Weed is almost harmless if you are not driving vehicles or handling weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Statements like this about pot are inane. MJ stays with the body in fat cells and in the blood of the hair follicle. If you smoke weed 1 time every 2 weeks you will fail a hair, urine and blood sample for THC. You can do acid, cocaine, meth, shrooms, whiskey and a shit load of other horrible drugs daily and then stop 2 days before your test, and test clean. Just because some people smoke pot does not mean they are not successful and productive in their daily lives. I would argue that alcohol has so many worse side effects, issues and social problems than smoking weed. Yet, you don't see anyone complaining when you hear about them brewing their own beer. Weed is almost harmless if you are not driving vehicles or handling weapons.
    +1

It is also why I feel it is not so fair to compare weed to cocaine in sports. Weed can be smoked and can stay in you a long time, yet cocaine is out in about 48 hours so if you have it in system that means you did it recently.

I did want to add that even though I am a supporter of weed, I do not condone fighters using it. Not because it is performance enhancing, but just the simple fact that rules are rules. You get to the pros and you want to throw it all away over weed…so dumb to me.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:21 AM.

All this talk of weed and cocaine makes me want to have another party at the Ritz downtown.