Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    All this talk of weed and cocaine makes me want to have another party at the Ritz downtown.
    Damn, how have I been missing your parties! I am so there
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Statements like this about pot are inane. MJ stays with the body in fat cells and in the blood of the hair follicle. If you smoke weed 1 time every 2 weeks you will fail a hair, urine and blood sample for THC. You can do acid, cocaine, meth, shrooms, whiskey and a shit load of other horrible drugs daily and then stop 2 days before your test, and test clean. Just because some people smoke pot does not mean they are not successful and productive in their daily lives. I would argue that alcohol has so many worse side effects, issues and social problems than smoking weed. Yet, you don't see anyone complaining when you hear about them brewing their own beer. Weed is almost harmless if you are not driving vehicles or handling weapons.
    Those are my beliefs of pot. To me it's a drug and I'll never come off that stance. The fact that the potheads in this state legalized it means nothing to me. I respect people and their decisions, just don't try and tell me it's right. To me, it isn't..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Those are my beliefs of pot. To me it's a drug and I'll never come off that stance. The fact that the potheads in this state legalized it means nothing to me. I respect people and their decisions, just don't try and tell me it's right. To me, it isn't..
    Do you consider alcohol a drug too?

If so do you feel alcohol is safer than weed or maybe the same? Not trying to be a jerk, just always puzzles me we have alcohol and cigarettes on every corner which we know kills people daily.

Gold Member

Statements like this about pot are inane. MJ stays with the body in fat cells and in the blood of the hair follicle. If you smoke weed 1 time every 2 weeks you will fail a hair, urine and blood sample for THC. You can do acid, cocaine, meth, shrooms, whiskey and a shit load of other horrible drugs daily and then stop 2 days before your test, and test clean. Just because some people smoke pot does not mean they are not successful and productive in their daily lives. I would argue that alcohol has so many worse side effects, issues and social problems than smoking weed. Yet, you don't see anyone complaining when you hear about them brewing their own beer. Weed is almost harmless if you are not driving vehicles or handling weapons.

Hahahahaha what a joke.

And I will never understand why weed supporters are so hell bent on comparing alcohol and weed.

First things first. If all the little hippies would just come out and say hey I want to get high I would support them. But no they want to hide behind this miracle drug and claim its the end all to everything.

Be truthful. YOU WANT TO GET HIGH. Hey I like to get high. See how easy it is?

I also like the blind following that it doesn't hurt anyone. Well fact is it does. Heavy users seem to enjoy destroying their personal lives with their mood swings. Relationships and other things just go out the window.

Fact is nothing overused is a good thing. Hell too much water can kill you. I'm not saying weed alone will kill you but these days we have people blowing themselves up with cooking these dabs or whatever oil they are trying to extract from weed.

I mean the people smoking that shit look like crackheads.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

If so do you feel alcohol is safer than weed or maybe the same? Not trying to be a jerk, just always puzzles me we have alcohol and cigarettes on every corner which we know kills people daily.

The biggest difference from alcohol to weed is one thing. One thing can be enjoyed without a buzz or any alterations to the mind. The other is strictly to get a high. Simple as that.

No one and I mean no fucking one takes a hit just to enjoy the feeling of their lungs on fire. Plenty of people will enjoy a drink with dinner. Just for the taste. Not to get drunk.

Do people abuse alcohol? Fuck yeah. Just like everything. But to keep this comparison going is just annoying.

Weed blah blah blah compared to alcohol. Blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Hahahahaha what a joke.

And I will never understand why weed supporters are so hell bent on comparing alcohol and weed.

First things first. If all the little hippies would just come out and say hey I want to get high I would support them. But no they want to hide behind this miracle drug and claim its the end all to everything.

I also like the blind following that it doesn't hurt anyone. Well fact is it does. Heavy users seem to enjoy destroying their personal lives with their mood swings. Relationships and other things just go out the window.

Fact is nothing overused is a good thing. Hell too much water can kill you. I'm not saying weed alone will kill you but these days we have people blowing themselves up with cooking these dabs or whatever oil they are trying to extract from weed.

I compare because I have been around both my entire life and see the damage alcohol has done; my step father died from it. My real father smokes weed everyday and I alive and kickin....not saying any drug is safer but my opinion is it is safer than alcohol.

I've also personally seen it turn my friend's life around who is sick and been on pain pills his entire life till weed came here and was legal for medical reason....so I really can say it is legit and works for some people. Guy was a zombie on pain pills and would fall asleep talking to him. He swears the medical weed helps his pain a lot more.

Anyways you and I have been over this before so no need to go over it again. I really would be be interested in having you meet me at a gym just so I could prove that most the stereotypes are incorrect; I am the furthest from lazy, eat chips, and ruin my life. For sure nobody would mistake me for a crackhead....not saying I am in better shape than anyone, but just that most the stereotypes I break the mold. As Joker stated I believe people can smoke and be successful...saying that I would never smoke and come to work though.

Gold Member

I compare because I have been around both my entire life and see the damage alcohol has done; my step father died from it. My real father smokes weed everyday and I alive and kickin....not saying any drug is safer but my opinion is it is safer than alcohol.

I've also personally seen it turn my friend's life around who is sick and been on pain pills his entire life till weed came here and was legal for medical reason....so I really can say it is legit and works for some people. Guy was a zombie on pain pills and would fall asleep talking to him. He swears the medical weed helps his pain a lot more.

Anyways you and I have been over this before so no need to go over it again. I really would be be interested in having you meet me at a gym just so I could prove that most the stereotypes are incorrect; I am the furthest from lazy, eat chips, and ruin my life. For sure nobody would mistake me for a crackhead....not saying I am in better shape than anyone, but just that most the stereotypes I break the mold. As Joker stated I believe people can smoke and be successful...saying that I would never smoke and come to work though.
    Well that goes for all things. Millions of people never drink and drive. Never die from drinking. Never have a single issue from drinking.

Yes it does effect peoples lives differently. But that's on the person not the substance. Good god why can't people be held accountable for their own actions?

The because I was high or drunk is just bullshit. Fucking bullshit! I hate that line. Your uncle didn't die because whiskey killed him. Your uncle died because he over drank for years and years and years.

Your friend didn't get better just from pot. It may have helped but not just because he started smoking weed. Other things helped in that.

And yes we have been through this before. I still and always will stand by my statements. Alcohol has and never will kill anyone. It can't shoot you. It can't pour itself down your throat. No people kill themselves with it.

And before you think I'm cruel understand both my parents were alcoholics.

No people kill themselves with it.
    Commas make a world of difference.

No people kill themselves with a comma.
    No, people kill themselves with a comma.

Gold Member

Commas make a world of difference.

No people kill themselves with a comma.
    No, people kill themselves with a comma.

Are you fucking kidding me? If you think that was bad you should have been around ten years ago.

I apologize for my lack of grammar. But to be honest I didn't find time for it growing up. I am sorry. And just so we are clear I have come a long way.

So let's just keep it simple.

All this talk of weed and cocaine makes me want to have another party at the Ritz downtown.
    Please add me to the invite list!

Hahahahaha what a joke.

I am unsure how you think my post is a joke because it is 100% factual. To me I do not care what you do in your home as long as you don't hurt anyone (but yourself). People that think weed is bad are a joke. Beer and tequila are OK, but weed is bad makes me laugh right out of my chair.

I know many very successful people who have remained so over 20+ years and they are all "hippy stoners" cause they smoke every once in a while. I also know many every day smokers that are leaders in their respective industries. Implying that smoking weed makes everyone stupid and lazy is just bullshit propaganda. However it DOES make everyone hungry....this is known.

I am not trying to sway anyone's opinion about weed, but the facts are pretty fucking clear....

Oh, and the reason you have a hangover after drinking, is because you are having minor brain damage from alcohol poisoning. You don't get a bonus like that from weed.

Are you fucking kidding me? If you think that was bad you should have been around ten years ago.

I apologize for my lack of grammar. But to be honest I didn't find time for it growing up. I am sorry. And just so we are clear I have come a long way.

So let's just keep it simple.
    Yes, I was kidding around with you.

Or at least trying to.

I think Townie hit the nail on the head with this. However, to answer your question. I'm of the same opinion as Townie, in that to much of anything is bad and certainly to much alcohol is a very bad thing. Just look at the innumerable alcoholics we have not only in this country but world wide.

However, I also agree that the main difference between weed and alcohol is that one doesn't alter the mind right away, while the other instantly induces mind altering affects. Obviously one to many beers, shots, wine glasses and you've come to what we call full inebriation.

Now I think it's safe to say(unless you're some scrawny lightweight), that the affects of one beer vs. one joint are greatly different. I can have one beer and be completely fine. I have just a couple pulls off a joint and my mind is blown, let alone finishing the entire joint.

To me the differences between drugs, alcohol and tobacco are where these specific substances change you or alter the mind. For me anything that instantly changes the mind, induces a trip, hallucination, a journey to the spirit world, ride with puff the magic dragon, etc. is in my opinion a drug and I will always consider it a drug. And for me, I have zero use for these kinds of substances, because I view them as a big waste of time and waste of the mind.

Alcohol is a step below drugs in my opinion. One or two beers doesn't really do much to most people, however crushing a 12 pack or slamming pitcher after pitcher at the bar does. Alcohol is more a substance of moderation that anything else. Its side affects are detrimental. Obviously abuse of alcohol leads to cirrhosis, kidney failure, mood swings, weight gain and poor health in general.

Tobacco is one of those that for me the jury is still out. I've known many people that used tobacco their entire lives and it didn't have any negative effects on them. I've also seen some people that didn't use it at all and ended up with lung problems(so go figure). I will say that I am split on tobacco. On one hand you have smoking, which for the most part is the unhealthiest part of tobacco. Lung problems, cardiovascular issues, gum and tooth issues can arise from smoking. Not to mention the nasty stink it can leave behind. Again, I think this is a frequency issue and/or moderation. If you're smoking like a chimney stack then chances are you may end up with serious health issues. If you're a pack a week type person, then you may never see any negative problems of smoking.

However, as a former "smokeless tobacco" user of almost of 8 years(quit back in Sept. 14) I can say that chew/chaw/dip (i.e. smokeless tobacco) is for the most part harmless. Why do I say it's harmless?? Well for one, my dentist(s) never could tell that I dipped. Now either I've had really crappy dentists in the past that can't catch the signs or I didn't use as much as others. For the record I was a can of dip about every 3 days. I know many guys that are can a day or two cans a day dippers. When I would inform my dentist that in fact I did use chew, they were shocked and said they couldn't tell. They would recommend that I quit but never really seemed that worried about it. They would ask how much I used, and again never said it was a lot that I went through. Most people never knew I dipped because I was so clean and discreet about it. Of course having a job where I work outside made it easier because the outside world was my spitter, however when in my work truck or at the shop I always had a spitter with or around me. I also used pop cans or cups with lids so people never could see it.

Certainly smokeless tobacco has its issues as well. Many claim it leads to tooth decay, gum disease and possible mouth cancer. Though most dentists I've asked have said if you're a moderate chew user, you have about a 3% more chance of getting cancer than someone that doesn't. Most dentist worry about the "gum slump" that some users can get than the cancer that it "might" cause.

Now the reason I rank tobacco at the bottom, is because it's one of those substances that you can use and it doesn't alter the mind. Yeah you may get a head rush from some dip if you've never done it in your life but last time I checked, when I popped in a chaw I never went on a trip through the spirit world or ended up chasing white buffaloes around(yeah I'm being sarcastic). But my point is, I don't believe tobacco is a mind altering drug or substance. Certainly it has it's draw backs(especially smoking). Smokeless tobacco isn't that big of a deal to me, could be the industry I'm in where just about everyone you see either chews or has chewed at one point in their life.

Reason I quit?? Something I wanted to do. I wanted to live a better life, a cleaner life. Free from all of the stuff I used to do. I'll have to email you my story some time Bulldog. I'm in the process of going through a massive life shift. To paraphrase it, I've quit all the bad habits I used to do. I'm on a healthy diet for life and am in the process of weight loss(already dropped 25lbs another 25 more to go for my goal, with another 25 after that for my ultimate goal).

So there you have it. I wanted to post an indepth reason to my earlier posts. When I'm on a break at work, I've just got my phone, so I can't leave very detailed responses and they are usually very short and concise comments.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

I am unsure how you think my post is a joke because it is 100% factual. To me I do not care what you do in your home as long as you don't hurt anyone (but yourself). People that think weed is bad are a joke. Beer and tequila are OK, but weed is bad makes me laugh right out of my chair.

I know many very successful people who have remained so over 20+ years and they are all "hippy stoners" cause they smoke every once in a while. I also know many every day smokers that are leaders in their respective industries. Implying that smoking weed makes everyone stupid and lazy is just bullshit propaganda. However it DOES make everyone hungry....this is known.

I am not trying to sway anyone's opinion about weed, but the facts are pretty fucking clear....

Oh, and the reason you have a hangover after drinking, is because you are having minor brain damage from alcohol poisoning. You don't get a bonus like that from weed.
    And I know many extremely successful people who do other things like coke or worse. Doesn't make it the norm.

I will guarantee that the out of work deadbeat stoners far out number the successful ones. Just like anything else.

Nothing and I mean nothing abused will make you a better person. Are you going to sit here and tell me you enjoy hanging out with people who have mood swings every ten min? I mean because that is so fun. One min they are a great person. Next theybare freaking out over who's knows. Just because they need to hit some pot.

I'm not making that part up. Every heavy user of pot I have ever met has almost the exact same personality. Extreme highs and lows.

I'm also not trying to sway anyone from one side to the other. You want to get high so be it. Just don't raise this false flag of the wonder plant. It is not the cure of the worlds problems.

The reason I said it was a joke was because you can easily pass a drug test. Just have to put a little work into it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/commen...follicle_test/

The internet is loaded with those.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Thu Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:07 PM.

Gold Member

Yes, I was kidding around with you.

Or at least trying to.
    Hahahaha you got me.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

So insightful.

From a fellow champions mouth, hopefully to Jon Jones ears. Listen to the picture he paints and then tell me again if you think he pegs Jon Jones as fake, or just fallible?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/7/...drugs-mma-news
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Hahahahahaha!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    hahahaha.....go snort some Jesus!

Funny thing is that video is wrong and Vitor is back on the TRT as mysteriously days before the Jones indecent dropped UFC released a statement they would no longer perform their own drug tests and will go back to letting the athletic commission where they fight handle it again. CA and NV are really the only ones that do strict testing so you will see guys like Vitor, Dan Henderson, Overeem, back on the juice and just taking fights in places with no tests.....still no Chael ever in UFC though.

Coke and steriods....UFC should just change their name to Pride Fighting

Overeem vs Nelson just announced! Should be a slug fest...wonder if we get roided Overeem back for this fight. Roy should just get on the juice as he already hits so hard and take a punch it would be wild to see how he would be if he cheated too....heck they may as well all do whatever as this point and give us some epic fights

On the Rogan show they claim they pinpointed the time Jon did coke and he was in Brazil....some of that Brazilian coke huh

Anthony Pettis....now there is a shining example of a great champ...same age and all as Jones, but came from a way worse childhood and had his father die...yet kept his shit together; I've followed his story since we was on that MTV shows "Life of Jeeves" many years ago. This is why he is one of my favorite fighters! Should beat down Dos Anjos but will be a good fight...got faith in my boy he will keep his belt!
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jan 9th, 2015 at 08:09 AM.

The next person to talk shit about alcohol is going to get it....
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Alcohol is a step below drugs in my opinion. One or two beers doesn't really do much to most people, however crushing a 12 pack or slamming pitcher after pitcher at the bar does. Alcohol is more a substance of moderation that anything else. Its side affects are detrimental. Obviously abuse of alcohol leads to cirrhosis, kidney failure, mood swings, weight gain and poor health in general.
    THIS is such bullshit. Take a shot of tequila and watch the madness around you unfold. Alcohol IS and always has been a drug. I don't care that you "feel" like it's not, it is. It is a very dangerous and chemically *addictive* drug that costs US taxpayers millions in damages and health care every year. I am a 225 lb man and I get drunk as fuck from 2 beers. I honestly wouldn't try to even drive.

I agree that anything in moderation can probably be OK, usually. But, everyone reacts to alcohol differently and there are a fuckton of functional drunks (I am looking at you Townie). Also, You NEVER see someone go smoke 1, 2 or 10 joints and then want to kick someones ass. Sure weed is strong, its supposed to be, like Tequila is stronger than beers. So what?

I heard there was once a farce of a bet between Townie and Bulldog that Townie could match Bulldog a shot for bowl. I would take that bet ANY FUCKING day. Too bad you backed out of it Townie cause you would have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    The next person to talk shit about alcohol is going to get it....
    Done! Bring it.

I heard there was once a farce of a bet between Townie and Bulldog that Townie could match Bulldog a shot for bowl. I would take that bet ANY FUCKING day. Too bad you backed out of it Townie cause you would have lost.
    Yup, and I am still down. Townie changed it from that to weight to weight and doing that would have cost thousands since a shot is about a ounce, but a ounce of weed is like $400 ($4 vs $400). I would be down a bowl for a shot anyday.....I know I'd lose vice versa after about 6 shots.....I'd be out, but nobody OD's from weed so I am confident.

You guys know I like to back my shit up:

Can You Die from Marijuana Overdose?

Death Is Not Likely

There are actually very few documented cases of death by a marijuana overdose. For the most part, THC (the drug in marijuana) has never been thought of as a deadly drug. In the few instances that death has occurred with marijuana use it has been attribute to other drug use or the health condition of the individual. THC is so low in potency that very large amounts would need to be taken to cause a dangerous overdose.
    A fatal marijuana overdose in humans would take 40,000 times the amount of THC that it took to get them high in the first place. In comparison, it would only take 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol to get drunk to kill a human. If you can get drunk on 3 beers, then 15 to 30 beers can cause death. If you inhale 3 puffs of marijuana smoke and get high, then you would have to take 120,000 puffs of marijuana smoke to be fatal. In this sense, it is nearly impossible to die from an overdose of marijuana. Again, it depends on the purity of the marijuana and the health status of the individual so these amounts may vary depending on the situation.

P.S. This is for Joker....Townie and I have argued this point too many times to do it again....we learned to agree to disagree on this one
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jan 9th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Gold Member

I never changed it.