Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones tests positive for cocaine

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I never changed it.
    So you down then for bowl to shot (80 proof)? If not with me sounds like Joker is down...heck we can all do it for fun....even over video chat if you are still in NV Although I like to put money on things to make it more fun....$1k; loser is one that passes out first.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Just a guess here, and im sure Townie can still get down, but im guessing that hes not on the bottle as much as he used to be

Townie your posts are real, well stated contributions. I dig that shit.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post

Townie your posts are real, well stated contributions. I dig that shit.
    Now you go too far.

Did Townie steal Ezzzzy1's log in and make this

Townie has got a lot better...crazy as that sounds

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I am unsure how you think my post is a joke because it is 100% factual.
    Saying your post was 100% factual is a tad inaccurate. For every study you can provide about how weed is harmless and in fact is a miracle drug, I can find you a study that shows smoking weed in your teens can lead to serious brain developmental issues or a study that shows people that smoke weed regularly exhibit withdrawl symptoms similar to other "hardcore" drugs. Hell my girlfriends brother is a grade a stoner, and when he didn't quit smoking, but reduced how many times he smoked in a day while trying to have a baby, he exhibited very obvious mood swings and irritability. So I have a very difficult time agreeing when you say weed is harmless unless you are driving or handling a firearm.

And Townie made another very good point that many chose to ignore, plenty of people drink a beer or glass of wine for the taste, and quit drinking long before they are buzzed or drunk, but nobody smokes weed just for the taste. Whether you are smoking medicinally or recreationally, the point of smoking weed is to get high.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Saying your post was 100% factual is a tad inaccurate. For every study you can provide about how weed is harmless and in fact is a miracle drug, I can find you a study that shows smoking weed in your teens can lead to serious brain developmental issues or a study that shows people that smoke weed regularly exhibit withdrawl symptoms similar to other "hardcore" drugs. Hell my girlfriends brother is a grade a stoner, and when he didn't quit smoking, but reduced how many times he smoked in a day while trying to have a baby, he exhibited very obvious mood swings and irritability. So I have a very difficult time agreeing when you say weed is harmless unless you are driving or handling a firearm.

And Townie made another very good point that many chose to ignore, plenty of people drink a beer or glass of wine for the taste, and quit drinking long before they are buzzed or drunk, but nobody smokes weed just for the taste. Whether you are smoking medicinally or recreationally, the point of smoking weed is to get high.
    Sounds like Townie has found a ally in this bet. So yeah Jkol and Townie vs Joker and I; alcohol vs weed.

Jkol, Townie is in NV so you may have to represent yourself.....one shot vs one bowl and who passes out first loses $1k. I am down are you? To me actions speak louder than words so lets do this!

Neither one is safe, but I am down to do this to prove which is worse. Worse withdrawls of ANY drug is Alcohol...don't believe me go look it up....my wife is a ICU nurse in Aurora and deals with OD's daily and even states alcoholics are hard to keep alive when they try to get off it. Verse that over that "mood swings" weed may give...I've quit many times with no issues; cold turkey.
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jan 9th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Lots of people smoke for the individual tastes of the strain as well as the high. My personal favorite is a locally grown version of Organic Agent Orange. The point isn't just to get high but to enjoy it just like a cigar or fine wine or whatever. If I was 16 I would be worried about the developmental studies that have been done, but since I am not I concede your point about it not being great for developing brains. That being said, the harm from weed over ANY OTHER drug is much less. Lots of studies out there and lots of Dr's that back em.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Sounds like Townie has found a ally in this bet. So yeah Jkol and Townie vs Joker and I; alcohol vs weed.

Jkol, Townie is in NV so you may have to represent yourself.....one shot vs one bowl and who passes out first loses $1k. I am down are you? To me actions speak louder than words so lets do this!

Neither one is safe, but I am down to do this to prove which is worse. Worse withdrawls of ANY drug is Alcohol...don't believe me go look it up....my wife is a ICU nurse in Aurora and deals with OD's daily and even states alcoholics are hard to keep alive when they try to get off it. Verse that over that "mood swings" weed may give...I've quit many times with no issues; cold turkey, no issues.
    I will pass on your challenge. I drank and partied hard after my divorce a few years ago and ended up making decisions far more stupid than marrying my ex.

I stick to moderation now. If you would have challenged me a couple years ago, we could have had one hell of an entertaining evening. I had more fun in my early 30s than I ever did in my early 20s.
    Last edited by JKOL; Fri Jan 9th, 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

And to add to this, many of the negative affects come from the other substances burned while smoking. This is why vaporizing and edibles are so popular; only the THC is vaporized (burns at lower temp) which does not have the tar and other Carthaginians that occur from the smoke.

You also know there is now Marijuana that does not induce a THC high; it has been mainly taken out and the Cannabidiol is left which is used for pain. They even have pills for CBD prescribed for pain

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/2...nnabidiol-cbd/

Unlike THC, CBD does not cause a high. While this makes CBD a poor choice for recreational users, it gives the chemical a significant advantage as a medicine, since health professionals prefer treatments with minimal side effects.

I will pass on your challenge. I drank and partied hard after my divorce a few years ago and ended up making decisions far more stupid than marrying my ex.

I stick to moderation now. If you would have challenged me a couple years ago, we could have had one hell of an entertaining evening. I had more fun in my early 30s than I ever did in my early 20s.
    I can respect that, but I hope you see my point that there is no OD on weed.

Although this entertaining evening would have been from you guys unless you count watching a guy have munchies and maybe drink some energy drinks entertaining....I say this as a drinker of alcohol too. Now get me drunk and you will see some entertainment from me for sure
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jan 9th, 2015 at 11:01 AM.

Lots of people smoke for the individual tastes of the strain as well as the high. My personal favorite is a locally grown version of Organic Agent Orange. The point isn't just to get high but to enjoy it just like a cigar or fine wine or whatever. If I was 16 I would be worried about the developmental studies that have been done, but since I am not I concede your point about it not being great for developing brains. That being said, the harm from weed over ANY OTHER drug is much less. Lots of studies out there and lots of Dr's that back em.
    I won't argue that there are plenty of drugs far more harmful than weed, we definitely agree on that point. My main point of contention was saying weed is relatively harmless, nothing more.

I read the other day that deaths related to OTC pain meds has increased dramatically which lead to an argument between my GF and I. She thinks an occasional pain killer and glass of wine is acceptable while I couldn't disagree more with her. My stepdad was given pain killers when he broke his shoulder, and after taking them for less than a week he realized how dangerously addictive they were and he took the pills back to his doctor and told his DR not to prescribe any more pain meds to him. He stuck to Advil and Alleve after that for pain.

Jason
    07 600RR

I won't argue that there are plenty of drugs far more harmful than weed, we definitely agree on that point. My main point of contention was saying weed is relatively harmless, nothing more.

I read the other day that deaths related to OTC pain meds has increased dramatically which lead to an argument between my GF and I. She thinks an occasional pain killer and glass of wine is acceptable while I couldn't disagree more with her. My stepdad was given pain killers when he broke his shoulder, and after taking them for less than a week he realized how dangerously addictive they were and he took the pills back to his doctor and told his DR not to prescribe any more pain meds to him. He stuck to Advil and Alleve after that for pain.
    I agree with you on pain pills, but I do think it depends on the person. I have done them and were never a cool thing to me, but one of my best friends was going pro in motorcross and crashed bad. Doctor put him on pain pills (opiates) and he never could get off them. When pills ran out he switched to herion since it is the same thing....has ruined his life and he is such a smart guy...or was.

If anything she needs to worry about pills and alcohol together because that is so hard on liver/kidneys. I never realized how bad it was, but the combination is bad.

Shattered my tib and fib 5 years ago. Was on pain meds for 4 months straight. The withdrawal I went through at the end of that was a month long and HORRIBLE. Worse than anything any other drug has done to me. Your step-dad sounds like a stand up guy.

Shattered my tib and fib 5 years ago. Was on pain meds for 4 months straight. The withdrawal I went through at the end of that was a month long and HORRIBLE. Worse than anything any other drug has done to me. Your step-dad sounds like a stand up guy.
    People need to realize their doctor is basically handing out herion (all opiate based; yes some morphine based too, but that is a different topic). Ask most herion addicts if they prefer heroin or oxy....they will choose phamecutical oxy over herion and get the same high if not better!

I agree with you on pain pills, but I do think it depends on the person. I have done them and were never a cool thing to me, but one of my best friends was going pro in motorcross and crashed bad. Doctor put him on pain pills (opiates) and he never could get off them. When pills ran out he switched to herion since it is the same thing....has ruined his life and he is such a smart guy...or was.

If anything she needs to worry about pills and alcohol together because that is so hard on liver/kidneys. I never realized how bad it was, but the combination is bad.
    That is why so few people realize, just because it is OTC doesn't mean it is ok and safe to use for anything other than the intended purpose. In a lot of case OTC meds are far more dangerous than hardcore street drugs because of how incredibly strong they are. Sad story about your friend, unfortunately that is a pretty common transition for people that get hooked on pain meds.

People need to realize their doctor is basically handing out herion (all opiate based; yes some morphine based too, but that is a different topic). Ask most herion addicts if they prefer heroin or oxy....they will choose phamecutical oxy over herion and get the same high if not better!
    Agreed, OTC drugs are not safe just because the DR gave them to you.

My stepdad has an addictive personality and realized that combined with strong pains meds is a deadly combo. The guy never does anything half assed, he wanted to start fly fishing and within a year his office had more fly fishing gear than a well stocked fly shop. He later got into cycling and instead of buying a $1000 road bike, he jumped straight into Pinarello's top of the line bike and then got a Specialized Venge when those came out. That bike is just about awesome enough to convince me to throw on some nut huggin spandex and hit the streets. The carbon fiber work is stunning, plus it costs more than most Italian hyperbikes.

Jason
    07 600RR

Gold Member

Oh hell no. You want to do this and bring back my words this deal is pound for pound. What one will affect you first. So if you want to go shot for bowl that will be a one ounce bowl. And I only have to drink as fast as you smoke.

You want to compare that's the deal. We can even take the money off the table because that's a suckers deal.

To call weed harmless is ignorant. Period. Will it kill your liver? No. Will it kill you. No. But then again reread my post on things killing you.

No weed can and DOES have negative impacts on a persons social life. I've seen it over and over. The mood swings from that shit is intense. No thank you.

But really any of you that think otherwise are just showing your mental addiction. You may not get the shakes in the morning but to be so blind to the negative impact that abusing weed has is your first clue.

And I'm sorry man but no one smokes weed for a taste. The only point to people doing weed is to get high. Well taking out those who ACTUALLY use for MEDICAL reasons. And your phantom back pains are not it.

And I'm sorry man but no one smokes weed for a taste. The only point to people doing weed is to get high. Well taking out those who ACTUALLY use for MEDICAL reasons. And your phantom back pains are not it.
    I never said people ONLY smoke for the taste but I did say the taste is part of the whole experience just like a cigar. Mexican ditch weed isn't going to be as fun to smoke as solid nuggets. It is known....

Gold Member

I never said people ONLY smoke for the taste but I did say the taste is part of the whole experience just like a cigar. Mexican ditch weed isn't going to be as fun to smoke as solid nuggets. It is known....

Yeah looks very pleasurable as people cough so hard they puke. Lol

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    The next person to talk shit about alcohol is going to get it....
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Clownie is the only reason this board is still going! And yes, he's only gotten better.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

THIS is such bullshit. Take a shot of tequila and watch the madness around you unfold. Alcohol IS and always has been a drug. I don't care that you "feel" like it's not, it is. It is a very dangerous and chemically *addictive* drug that costs US taxpayers millions in damages and health care every year. I am a 225 lb man and I get drunk as fuck from 2 beers. I honestly wouldn't try to even drive.

I agree that anything in moderation can probably be OK, usually. But, everyone reacts to alcohol differently and there are a fuckton of functional drunks (I am looking at you Townie). Also, You NEVER see someone go smoke 1, 2 or 10 joints and then want to kick someones ass. Sure weed is strong, its supposed to be, like Tequila is stronger than beers. So what?

I heard there was once a farce of a bet between Townie and Bulldog that Townie could match Bulldog a shot for bowl. I would take that bet ANY FUCKING day. Too bad you backed out of it Townie cause you would have lost.

Whoa I never backed down from shit. Wherever you are getting your info its false. I will look for the original post but bulldog misread some shit.

The point was and still is that if you want to compare them some closely then let's do it pound for pound.

The deal was a pound of weed vs a pound of 80 proof. First to drop loses.

Actually alcohol has a ton of useful benefits. Alcohol is only dangerous in the wrong hands. Thousands of people use it everyday without hurting themselves or others. Also if you want to compare the two lets do it. Lets go pound for pound. What has the higher potency? What gets you fucked up faster? Maybe if i shot up alcohol like meth it would be about the same.

Look man this isnt a debate as to what is beteer for you alcohol or pot. Both can be abused and when its done can affect the lives of the person abusing it. Dont tell me weed doesnt affect people in a negative manor. I have seen it with my own eyes.

My comment on the card is also referring to how it makes it no longer illegal. I mean i dont even smoke pot and i seem to understand it more then people who do. I would say a good 60% of people that have a card do it just to get high. I like to get high they every now and then for fun. Its fun. At least i dont hide behind some idea that im supporting some super plant that will one day save the world while i get high.

Before people go off and call me a druggie i enjoy my spare time. I have no family and could really care less about the views of people who dont enjoy life in the same matter that i do.
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...887#post663887

I didn't back down from shit. As you can clearly see I never said anything about a bet. The 2k was in reference to how much the weed would cost.

Also I would like to clearly point out that because at the time SOMEONE did back out because weed was illegal. Lol. Not me.

Pound for pound. Who wants to see what will happen? I'm game.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Fri Jan 9th, 2015 at 04:23 PM.

Weed. Wtf... Waaay done putting smoke in me lungs . Likes the edibles ... As for coke. Awh that shit is grt!!! Too bad I can't afford the habit...

THIS is such bullshit. Take a shot of tequila and watch the madness around you unfold. Alcohol IS and always has been a drug. I don't care that you "feel" like it's not, it is. It is a very dangerous and chemically *addictive* drug that costs US taxpayers millions in damages and health care every year. I am a 225 lb man and I get drunk as fuck from 2 beers. I honestly wouldn't try to even drive.

I agree that anything in moderation can probably be OK, usually. But, everyone reacts to alcohol differently and there are a fuckton of functional drunks (I am looking at you Townie). Also, You NEVER see someone go smoke 1, 2 or 10 joints and then want to kick someones ass. Sure weed is strong, its supposed to be, like Tequila is stronger than beers. So what?

I heard there was once a farce of a bet between Townie and Bulldog that Townie could match Bulldog a shot for bowl. I would take that bet ANY FUCKING day. Too bad you backed out of it Townie cause you would have lost.
    I think someone is getting a little defensive about their weed. Look you won't change your view on ganja just like I'm never coming off my belief that it's wrong and a drug. You should be happy, you won. This state legalized it. Now go burn some more lettuce, sit back and think how groovy it is and be as one with your own little slice of hazy hippy heaven.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Too much Alcohol is bad for you mmmmkay

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think someone is getting a little defensive about their weed. Look you won't change your view on ganja just like I'm never coming off my belief that it's wrong and a drug. You should be happy, you won. This state legalized it. Now go burn some more lettuce, sit back and think how groovy it is and be as one with your own little slice of hazy hippy heaven.
    Bro can't you get on bored here? One shot. Just one shot will create mass chaos. World war three will start. We will have riots in the Vatican. Total anarchy.