Thread: Moto America Coming To Miller

Moto America Coming To Miller

June 26-28

From SuperbikePlanet

"Utah: Moto America Adds Miller Round
    by staff
    Wednesday, January 07, 2015
    This just in from Moto AMerica:

COSTA MESA, CA, JAN. 7, 2015 - MotoAmerica, the new home of the AMA Superbike Series, has announced that Miller Motorsports Park has been added to the 2015 MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Series with the popular facility in Toole, Utah, set to host a full slate of MotoAmerica races, June 26-28.

The fast and flowing racetrack in Utah wasn't a part of the AMA Superbike Championship in 2014, but returns after hosting a total of six AMA Superbike weekends since opening in 2006. Miller Motorsports Park also played host to the World Superbike Championship from 2008 to 2012.

Monster Graves Yamaha's Josh Herrin and Yoshimura Suzuki's Martin Cardenas split Superbike victories at Miller the last time a Superbike National was held there in 2013.

"The racers and teams have nothing but good things to say about Miller Motorsports Park and we're happy to have them on our schedule for 2015," said MotoAmerica president and three-time 500cc Wayne Rainey. "Miller gives us another round in the western half of the country so it's good for our fans in places like Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado and, of course, Utah. I hope those fans make the trip to what is truly a top-notch racetrack in a spectacular part of the country."

The Miller Motorsports Park staff is also eager and ready to host a round of the championship.

"We are very excited to be a part of the inaugural season of the MotoAmerica Road Racing Series," said Brian Smith, General Manager of Miller Motorsports Park. "Most of the teams and riders are familiar faces to us here, so it will be great to have them back again. The organization looks well positioned to lead North American professional motorcycle road racing into the future, and we look forward to a great partnership."

The Miller Motorsports Park round, like the rest of the MotoAmerica AMA/FIM North American Road Racing Series, will air on the CBS Sports Network. "
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Re: Moto America Coming To Miller

I'll be there. Beautiful place to moto camp too and not too far away!

Senior Member Moderator

I'll be riding out there and staying at my parents' place in Saratoga Springs, UT. If any of you want to join the ride let me know. I'll have more details as it gets closer to the date. You're welcome to stay with me at my folks' place if you'd rather not camp. Tooele is about 45 spirited minutes away.
    Last edited by Drano; Mon Jan 12th, 2015 at 06:16 PM.

If we don't do MotoGP Austin this year, we'll try to get to Miller.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...