Thread: MMA FIGHTER + COMEDIAN = FASTEST GROWING PODCAST? EVER?

MMA FIGHTER + COMEDIAN = FASTEST GROWING PODCAST? EVER?

Great article on local UFC Fighter Brendan Schaub and comedian Brain Callen and their succesful podcast. Brendan was born and raised here in Aurora, so go support a local's growing podcast....even if you do not like MMA, give it a shot and bet you get some laughs.

Full Article: http://thehundreds.com/day-jobs-the-fighter-the-kid/

Snippet from article:
    Two months ago, I didn’t know Bryan Callen and Brendan Schaub’s “The Fighter & The Kid” podcast existed, but now it’s one of my favorite things to listen to. I don’t actively seek out new podcasts, I just kind of stumble onto them. I’ll usually listen to 1-2 episodes of something new and, if I like it, I’ll continue to passively listen to more when they come up. After tuning into my first episode of “The Fighter & The Kid” about a month ago, I’ve listened to every new episode as well as some backdated ones. As a new fan I jumped at the chance to head down to Fox Sports and check out a show with the guys.
    “The Fighter & The Kid” is made up of Bryan, Brendan, and usually a guest’s ramblings about MMA, comedy, Hollywood, sports, dating advice, acting, and basically anything they find interesting – including dicks. Lots and lots of dicks. Brendan Schaub is a top name in MMA, and as runner up in the 10th season of The Ultimate Fighter, he quickly made his way up through the heavyweight division of the UFC. Bryan Callen is a hilarious comedian and actor who got his start on MADtv and, recently, you’d recognize him from the showThe Goldbergs or movies like Warrior and Ride Along. If those don’t ring a bell, you might not have noticed it’s him, but he’s played one of the funniest characters in both The Hangover and The Hangover Part II.
    When I arrived to the studio, Evan The Beard (the show’s producer) iswasprepping for the show. The heavyweight, Brendan, walked in fittingly carrying a 40lb kettle bell that looked like an angry chimp. Evan and I immediately admired the Onnit Primal Bell as a piece of artwork as Brendan began his prep for the show.

Fighter and The Kid Podcasts:
    Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...706421907?mt=2
    Podbay: http://podbay.fm/show/706421907
    Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/fighterandthekid
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Re: MMA FIGHTER + COMEDIAN = FASTEST GROWING PODCAST? EVER?

Bro get Sirius and listen to Jason Elis. His show is awesome. Trains as well. Used to be a pro skater. Rides moto.

He's a blast to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Bro get Sirius and listen to Jason Elis. His show is awesome. Trains as well. Used to be a pro skater. Rides moto.

He's a blast to listen to.
    I've listened to Jason Elis too; Brendan and him are good friends and both been on eachothers podcast/show. Actually last week he was on and guess Jason has been learning some BJJ recently and him and Brendan actually set up a small mat and went at it.

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsdNIX6MeE8

Here is Brendan's podcast with Jason (take a listen Townie): http://podbay.fm/show/706421907/e/14...60?autostart=1

I bet if you like Jason's show you will like The Fighter and the Kid!

P.S. You listen to Jason's show last week Townie? Phil Davis (UFC Fighter) was on and actually said that everyone knew Jon Jones did coke for years. Not making this up, was on last week on Jason's show!
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jan 19th, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I've listened to Jason Elis too; Brendan and him are good friends and both been on eachothers podcast/show. Actually last week he was on and guess Jason has been learning some BJJ recently and him and Brendan actually set up a small mat and went at it.

Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsdNIX6MeE8

Here is Brendan's podcast with Jason (take a listen Townie): http://podbay.fm/show/706421907/e/14...60?autostart=1

I bet if you like Jason's show you will like The Fighter and the Kid!

P.S. You listen to Jason's show last week Townie? Phil Davis (UFC Fighter) was on and actually said that everyone knew Jon Jones did coke for years. Not making this up, was on last week on Jason's show!
    Ummmm... I don't think anyone is questioning that he does/did coke.. I mean the dirty UA says he did it at least once. Lol.

Ummmm... I don't think anyone is questioning that he does/did coke.. I mean the dirty UA says he did it at least once. Lol.
    Well just meant we talked how there has been many fighters that came out saying Jones has been doing coke for years; Phil's answer was hilarious and was sarcastically "no, Jones does coke...no way...nobody knew this...said nobody".. Anyways I should have left that part out as we are over the Jones talk

Yeah I was just talking to Brendan's brother and guess Jason and him are really close and hang out a lot. If you like Jason, I bet you would like Brendan then. You see them rolling on that video? Jason seems like he is doing really well learning and even Brendan was impressed. I like Jason and the stories of his parties are awesome!

I do not have Sirius anymore though so I only get to watch him when I can get my hands on his shows. You have a subscription to it? Know any way to get his shows without one...yeah I should just pay and support him, but I don't like music on Sirius as i feel it is not clear enough for my epic car stereo.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jan 19th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

Gold Member

Hahahaha yeah Jones loves his coke. Lol

Yeah I will check it out but I live in a truck mon-fri so its kind of tough to catch podcast's. But I will try.

Yeah I got sirius to listen to my RED WINGS! Lol. Jason is just a bonus. Along with all the comedy.

I actually don't listen to much music on there. Every now and then. And I don't think there is really any other way to listen to his show. I know he has instagram and all that bullshit.

Bro I want to go to elismania. That shit sounds like a blast.

Read Judes book. It's insane.

Hahahaha yeah Jones loves his coke. Lol

Yeah I will check it out but I live in a truck mon-fri so its kind of tough to catch podcast's. But I will try.

Yeah I got sirius to listen to my RED WINGS! Lol. Jason is just a bonus. Along with all the comedy.

I actually don't listen to much music on there. Every now and then. And I don't think there is really any other way to listen to his show. I know he has instagram and all that bullshit.

Bro I want to go to elismania. That shit sounds like a blast.
    As long as you can connect to the internet you should be able to use one of those three links to get it then stream it to your car stereo....if you can. If not get a cheap bluetooth speaker and just stream it that way from your phone. I actually just picked up a JBL Charge for $65 and that little bluetooth speaker rocks! I know Itunes let you download it too, so you do not even need a connection to internet to listen to it; granted you download it when you do. Shows now airs twice a week....usually Tues and Thurs new episodes get released

Yeah sucks that Jason's show is live on Sirius and I have found no way to listen without being live. I heard if you subscribe to his site you may be able to listen to past episodes. At work just hard ti listen to anything live.

lol...I've heard elismania is awesome! Sounds like in general all his parties are great...I know elismania is more a funny MMA type thing, but just saying his parties seem like ones I'd love to go to

You listen to The Joe Rogan Experience too?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Read Judes book. It's insane.
    Who is Jude? Sorry, you lost me, but curious as I read a lot of books.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jan 19th, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

Gold Member

No no no. Too much data man. I spend far too much time on YouTube. Anymore data and I'm going to end up on some Verizon commercial. Lol.

Na man I'm not a fan of Joe. I can listen to his comedy but the moment he talks about mma I just have to tune him out.

Just watching him on TV would make me want to punch him.

No no no. Too much data man. I spend far too much time on YouTube. Anymore data and I'm going to end up on some Verizon commercial. Lol.

Na man I'm not a fan of Joe. I can listen to his comedy but the moment he talks about mma I just have to tune him out.

Just watching him on TV would make me want to punch him.
    Ah, ok...I am on Sprint's unlimited plan so I never have worried about that. Sprint isn't the best cell phone provider, but that is only reason I have stayed with them....well and my company pays 25% of my bill too.

Now Joe Rogan is not a guy I would ever mess with. You ever looked into his past; 4 time taekwondo champ by 19, won the Grand Championship as a heavy weight and middle weight. Also has a BJJ black belt under Eddie Bravo. His kicks seems lethal; even for a non-fighter.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ah, ok...I am on Sprint's unlimited plan so I never have worried about that. Sprint isn't the best cell phone provider, but that is only reason I have stayed with them....well and my company pays 25% of my bill too.

Now Joe Rogan is not a guy I would ever mess with. You ever looked into his past; 4 time taekwondo champ by 19, won the Grand Championship as a heavy weight and middle weight. Also has a BJJ black belt under Eddie Bravo. His kicks seems lethal; even for a non-fighter.

Oh I know man but I don't give a fuck. Just looking at him makes me want to cave his face in. That dumbshit look he gets on his. Blah. I will put it to you this way. I would rather hang out with Tito over Joe.

I truly can't stand either of them. I can't believe they can't find a better person. I'm sorry man that dude just rubs me really wrong.

Oh I know man but I don't give a fuck. Just looking at him makes me want to cave his face in. That dumbshit look he gets on his. Blah. I will put it to you this way. I would rather hang out with Tito over Joe.

I truly can't stand either of them. I can't believe they can't find a better person. I'm sorry man that dude just rubs me really wrong.
    hahahah....see this is why I like you Townie...no BS or fluffing worrying who you may offend...just straight up how you feel

There are parts to Rogan that bug me; like he goes a bit too far with his conspiracy theories and his weird drug trances; he has the chemical makeup of DMT tattoed on his arm. I've been around people on DMT and they acted retarded so not so sure it is a good thing like he claims; plus it smells like mothballs. I do respect his training and 47 years old the guy looks amazing; he has always been a supporter of TRT so I am sure he is on shots for that...probably HGH too. I do like his stand up comedy; hilarious.

Crazy fact on HGH (human growth hormone) is I found out it costs nearly $40K to test for it. So considering this is the new "steroid" type of drug being used, I bet most athletes are on it. I know NFL was trying to make some deal with a company to get the testes down to $2500, but not sure that ever happened and if NFL evens tests for HGH. I've research it a lot as always curious on stuff like this, but I see it enlarges the organs too. So guiys are getting enlarged hearts from it from abusing it. Should be interesting to see if we start having bodybuilders and athletes have issues from it down the line since it is fairly still new. Stuff repairs tendons and all so they call it a miracle drug.