Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 St. Patrick's Day Parade Sign-Up Thread *** Sign-Up by 1/30 ***

Re: 2015 St. Patrick's Day Parade Sign-Up Thread *** Sign-Up by 1/30 ***

Yeah my GoPro didnt even have a scratch on it haha! Although I kind of wish Dave's truck had ran it over, just so I can see what kind of damage would have been done

Quote Originally Posted by Half LLive View Post
    Sheesh that quality is amazing... I had mine set to 720p for what ever reason :/ lol
    06 GSXR 750

Nice Half Life!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Jason, thanks for the great Pic.... it was a blast for sure even after my Bike decided to take piss all over the green line :-p lol ..... the cop at the end wasn't giving me a hard time but rather he is family :-)
    Last edited by DemonRider; Tue Mar 17th, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

What video software do you guys use?
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    May I put a motion in for next year to disallow public consumption of alcohol in the truck DURING the parade? This doesn't seem like it would reflect well on us... Just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    Yeah, during, the parade was a little, um, much. <Snip...>
    So just to be clear and make sure there wasn't a slight error of omission here...

The CSC drinking in the staging area (vis-à-vis, being seen by fellow parade participants and staff) before we hop on motorcycles to actually ride in the parade - No problem, no potential for bad reflection towards us.

The CSC drinking in the back of a truck during the parade (as other participants do), while being driven around by somebody else - Problem and potential for bad reflection towards us.

Check.

EDIT: May I make a counterproposal that we (myself very much included) do our best to not let differences in personal opinion and beliefs, boil over to the point of argument at events where alcohol is present. The CSC has never been known for thin-skin, I'd prefer if we not start now.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Mar 17th, 2015 at 09:44 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    So just to be clear and make sure there wasn't a slight error of omission here...

The CSC drinking in the staging area (vis-à-vis, being seen by fellow parade participants and staff) before we hop on motorcycles to actually ride in the parade - No problem, no potential for bad reflection towards us.

The CSC drinking in the back of a truck during the parade (as other participants do), while being driven around by somebody else - Problem and potential for bad reflection towards us.

Check.

EDIT: May I make a counterproposal that we (myself very much included) do our best to not let differences in personal opinion and beliefs, boil over to the point of argument at events where alcohol is present. The CSC has never been known for thin-skin, I'd prefer if we not start now.

I guess I'm not sure if the participants in the parade, knowing the unwritten rules, and the general public watching the parade have different perceptions. We all know the general public doesn't know many things (this is why we try to spread safety awareness as part of the motorcycle community). So, although others in the parade imbibe, they might not be fighting the uphill battle we do as motorcyclists.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion for us to discuss. How do we want to paint ourselves? Will the general public know the difference between our parade behavior and our regular MO, or are we going to take charge of that perception?

I agree with your argument about arguments boiling over, and people have a right to different opinions blah blah. Just want to make sure we're considering all of the angles and to come to a group decision. No reason we can't talk about this in a civilized manner...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    I guess I'm not sure if the participants in the parade, knowing the unwritten rules, and the general public watching the parade have different perceptions. We all know the general public doesn't know many things (this is why we try to spread safety awareness as part of the motorcycle community). So, although others in the parade imbibe, they might not be fighting the uphill battle we do as motorcyclists.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion for us to discuss. How do we want to paint ourselves? Will the general public know the difference between our parade behavior and our regular MO, or are we going to take charge of that perception?

I agree with your argument about arguments boiling over, and people have a right to different opinions blah blah. Just want to make sure we're considering all of the angles and to come to a group decision. No reason we can't talk about this in a civilized manner...
    Well I am going to play devil's advocate here and say that even the burnouts may give our club a bad image. I joined this club over others because it was focused on safety, proper riding, and track. Yet what Spoof points out is that others will view our club by the small glimpse they get at the parade. So would that cause some people to say "Colorado Sportbike Club, they are a bunch of stunters because at the parade they were all doing burnouts with no helmets and little regard for people's safety in the crowd." I get what Spoof is saying and people are fast to judge and we are already in a sport hated by many! I always put CSC above stunters clubs that do get the bad name and would hate for us to be looked at in the same light. I've seen people flammed for doing stunts in public areas, but for some reason it becomes ok at a parade. I fear the day one person messes up and a sportbike goes rocketting into a crowd. I hope that never happens, but come on it can happen; one tiny slip of the brake lever (yes I have seen this happen and it is crazy; bike flipped twice before landing)......

As Spoof said it is just a suggestion and something that may not be liked by all the people in this club and could be talked about. If the group says "f*ck what the public thinks of our club" then so be it. Just pointing out I get what Spoof is saying
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Mar 17th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

In years past, the organizers and police were coming down hard on people doing burnouts. Is that a change over the past couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    In years past, the organizers and police were coming down hard on people doing burnouts. Is that a change over the past couple of years?
    We don't know, we asked many cops if it would be OK, and nobody shut us down...

We made sure to do burnouts in the direction of traffic, never perpendicular to avoid flinging rubber at the crowd, or if in case a bike goes flying....

We got many requests for wheelies, but I told people they are too dangerous for the venue...

This is a fine line obviously, where are we going to draw it? Do we come up with a banner to hang from the truck explaining how we're being safe in our exhibitions? That seems a bit silly to me, but could be an option...

ALSO, we should write a letter, thanking the organizers and the PD, explaining the procedures we followed to keep the public safe and maybe next year it will be just as awesome!

This is 100% a valid conversation to have and worthy of all of our civilized input, I just want to make sure that my argument with Elliot after the parade was done, doesn't muddy the water. Specifically if the cause/effect ends up being that the parade participants can't have as much fun in future years as we're having in current and past...

If what we're really talking about here is the lofty and in-no-small-part philosophical goal, of how we can best reflect ourselves to the outside world during public events like this, then I want to make sure we all provide the necessary critical thought to it.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Barn, not everything is about you... :P I don't even know what happened between you guys and I don't care. That's your thing and this thread is not the place for it.

So, ehem, Parade Protocol, discuss....

Well parade protocol for the 3 years I did it they bitched at us for everything (even revving) so I'm rather surprised they were cool with that this year. Now as far as the drinking goes I'm not so much for it when we are on bikes (as most of you that know me I'm a good ol' Christian kid) but I guess doing everything responsibly is the key. So Barn if you don't mind me asking, was it the drinking that sparked the issue?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I think parade goers would have been mad if they didnt see anyone on the truck drinking. ITS ST. PATRICKS DAY
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Spooph, I'm not trying to be rude, but if your take from this thread - and my contribution to it - is that I'm trying to somehow draw attention to myself or the post parade shouting match, it certainly is not.

The point of my recent posts to this thread was simply to address your initial (and at the time, only) proposal that drinking in the back of the truck be disallowed. I did this because you posed it against a primary concern of how quote/unquote "how it may reflect the CSC to the outside world". You said nothing of any other circumstances, such as what I mentioned about the pre-drinking and what has been mentioned by others about burnouts, etc.

Again, and I don't know how I can be more clear here, it's a valid and lofty thought but it was a very weak proposal in my opinion and it failed to show any additional consideration for anything else that occurs on "this" day.

I think I've said the long and short of my opinion so I'll end with this.... I ride in the back of the truck. I enjoy drinking in the back of the truck during the parade. I think kids and wives should feel safe in the back, and that the crowd should enjoy all of our presence in the parade. I'm trying to bring objective agreeableness to "the big picture" that you're talking about but I'm also trying to say that your proposal was sorely lacking. I guess that wasn't coming across.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    So Barn if you don't mind me asking, was it the drinking that sparked the issue?
    The liq. certainly didn't help us deescalate Damir, but this was all after it was done and we parked. During the course of the parade, we all enjoyed our time and interaction with the crowd and there was next to nothing that I remember happening that would have endangered the crowd or substantially would have made them question our behavior. Yes, toward the end we started handing out beers and drinks to the crowd, but we do that every year. We always have.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Mar 17th, 2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Damir's question.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I mean in years prior the truck riders always drank, handed out drinks and beads too without an issue, I just don't see how that's a problem
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I didn't realize that was the way things were always done... That's why I phrased it as a question. However, I am sorry, what I should have asked was if this was regular practice before I judged it. Seems the group's opinion is that it's not a problem and the public and parade participants understands that it's done in a responsible and safe way.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, was just thinking about public perception. However, that seems to not be an issue, so, nevermind...

Regardless, I'm sad it's over, and will have to patiently wait for next year...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    Booooom. Sorry I didn't add music. Been having some copyright issues with youtube so just add what ever music you like in a separate window xD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41uza5Zn97s

Use vimeo. No copyright problems.

Wouldn't it just be easier to put your beer in a red plastic cup or a koozie and avoid all this drama of people knowing
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Mar 17th, 2015 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to put your beer in a red plastic cup or a koozie and avoid all this drama of people knowing
    Totally agree. No one will ever associate Solo cups with alcohol.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Totally agree. No one will ever associate Solo cups with alcohol.
    I feel I hear sarcasm.

Hey less conspicuous than a bottle of beer; not much other than root beer comes in brown bottles. Has worked for Lil Wayne for years

Fine use the new baby koozie then
    https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...-h264_high.mp4

If you wan to get all fancy they sell things like this or just make your own by cutting a can.....amateurs
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Mar 17th, 2015 at 02:47 PM.

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    They come in handy more than you think.
    We take ours to picnics at parks where alcohol is not permitted.
    Day with the inlaws……yeah I love diet Coke by the six pack.
    Walking down the street chillin with my diet coke....no problem
    GF complains you drink too much.....use one of these every other beer.
    Possibilities are endless

Got to be a problem solver

Gold Member

Burnouts are for squids.