Waiting for a conformation from the wife but there is a strong possibility I will be attending, anyone else? If you have never attended a Socaltrackdays event, it's pretty awesome. They run an open format day which means no sessions, no grouping, no BS! Just show up and ride as much as you want and when you want. This is not an event for new riders. The majority of people who show are racers looking for test and tune so one must be comfortable with aggressive riding and close passing. You do not have to be a racer nor do you have to be some alien fast rider, you just need to be smooth, predictable, and comfortable with your riding.
If you have never attended Chuckwalla, I can only say that it is a pretty cool track with a good combo of variety. The track has a lot of flow and one of the owners, who helped with design and layout, is a motorcycle guy so he made sure the track is cool for us two wheel peeps. The run off area is plenty and set-up so your not hitting big berm or whoops. The only downside to the track is it is in bum F ville. It is in the desert so you have to camp at the track or drive an extra 45 minutes into town. They do have showers but no power. If you go, be prepared.
Anyway, Socaltrackdays is hosting Jan 31 and Feb 1. They are a great org that I have ridden with a bunch. I highly recommend the event if you can make it. Hope some of you can.