Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bringing to you...

Gold Member

bringing to you...

A small piece of me. I loved this place as a kid. We went there as hooligans to tag and climb. It was our little escape from society.

This year it was torn down. All that is left is videos and pics.

Enjoy.

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/b...yanide-factory

Re: bringing to you...

Looks like a cool hangout and a taggers dream! I've always been amazed by some of the work taggers can do....finding out a lot of them become successful tattoo artists; my artists was a huge tagger at least.

They ever have any sick parties there? I could see a crazy bombfire with tons of people.

You ever any good at tag artwork Townie? I've always sucked at drawing, but the work fascinates me.

P.S. Is this place also called American Flat mill <-click

Stuff like this is amazing to me; especially when you consider it is done with spray paint:

Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jan 29th, 2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Oh damn...found me some bulldog graffiti

This is awesome!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Gold Member

Yes, its called american flats. I was okay. Never anything special. And yes there was a ton of parties. A ton! Lol.

There was also some really strange stories that took place out there. You had to be very very careful with where and what you did there. Lots of underground tunnels.

I will miss that place.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Yes, its called american flats. I was okay. Never anything special. And yes there was a ton of parties. A ton! Lol.

There was also some really strange stories that took place out there. You had to be very very careful with where and what you did there. Lots of underground tunnels.

I will miss that place.
    I was thinking that as was looking at some pics and even saw there was water in some of the basement areas

That article was saying someone got killed there and seems like that is what got it shut down....then demolished. Sounds like people rappelled there too. Can't imagine the parties that went on in that place.

I like how they said they fenced it in many times, but people still got to it. What they think humans are cows and a fence stops them

Gold Member

Yes in the 40 years or whatever one person died. One dumb shit that was out there in a vehicle. Stupid is stupid. It was his own fault.

The metal that stuck out everywhere should have been enough to say hey maybe I shouldn't be driving on this. Nope.

And yeah people climbed all over that place. Some with rope. Some not. Had a friend fall from smokers window. Its about two stories up and all my friends would sit in the window and smoke weed.

He got a scar. That was it. I fucking hate the blm. They need to just back the fuck off. Some asshole who doesn't even live here makes the calls for us. Fuck that.

Blm needs to be shut down. They are dangerous. Lol

Oh and PS. Don't play with the water. cyanide.

I feel you man, down in NM we had some nice party spots and they always got ruined by some idiot doing dumb stuff; starting fights and getting shot or ODing. Got to a point where they layed huge cement barriers all around so there was no way to drive into the places. Sucks because a lot of us didn't have anywhere else to go and there ws not much to do and we jsut wanted a place to kick it with the homies and drink a few beers. Always seems like one idiot ruins it for people.

Yeah I saw that they guy was driving a 4WD in that structure and thought that was pretty dumb to do in first place.

Yeah that water looked scary. But isn't that how some people get super powers; by jumping in stuff like that

On a semi related topic...the Gates Rubber Company that was abandoned down here finally got torn down too. Always wanted to go in there as it looked pretty big for a deserted place.

Gold Member

Urban exploration is fun. Sometimes you just have to let people be people. But with our court system we can't do that. I mean if you can get your ass handed to for coffie being too hot there is a problem. Lol

Good times indeed. That place looks like a grt place to explore. True it only takes one dumb shit to fuck it up for everyone else.

I always wondered about that gates factory building . But looking from afar it looked dangerous. Looks like it could collapse on you it you step on a weak spot.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Good times indeed. That place looks like a grt place to explore. True it only takes one dumb shit to fuck it up for everyone else.

I always wondered about that gates factory building . But looking from afar it looked dangerous. Looks like it could collapse on you it you step on a weak spot.
    Yes it can be risky but so can riding. Let's face it we don't ride because how safe it is. Lol. Its all about common sense. If you don't use it be prepared to have issues.

Urban exploration is fun. Sometimes you just have to let people be people. But with our court system we can't do that. I mean if you can get your ass handed to for coffie being too hot there is a problem. Lol
    We do live in a nanny state. Apparently the independent decisions of all have to be suppressed to protect a few from their own stupidity.

But then from the other perspective, it has to be forbidden because if they DIDN'T make it illegal, someone would get hurt and then declare "you should have protected me from my own bad decisions". So we live in a situation we kind of created for ourselves. Collectively, that is.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    We do live in a nanny state. Apparently the independent decisions of all have to be suppressed to protect a few from their own stupidity.

But then from the other perspective, it has to be forbidden because if they DIDN'T make it illegal, someone would get hurt and then declare "you should have protected me from my own bad decisions". So we live in a situation we kind of created for ourselves. Collectively, that is.
    Right Close down all cliffs, rivers, lakes because those can be very dangerous in the wrong hands too. Sucks how common sense has to be enforced and effects others. I always think of Townie and his "McDonald Hot coffee" example...careful that cofee is hot...duh

I really hate the McDonalds coffee issue. Yes, coffee is hot, we all want it hot. But apparently it was exceptionally hot. Like 180-190 degrees, so almost boiling. Well beyond any reasonable temperature to drink. And the 3rd degree burns from he coffee they gave her, just STUPID hot. She apparently only wanted to be reimbursed for her 20k in medical expenses, from here coffee. Did I just reopen a can?

I confess, I changed my opinion on this incident.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

actually the proper brewing temp for coffee is 210 degrees.

The issue with that case was the lid. She tried to open it in between her legs in the car and the lid burst off, then coffee spilled everywhere. There were complaints about the lid before the case, which is why she won. She was indeed severely burned, HOWEVER, she shouldn't have been popping off the lid in between her goddamn legs in the car. She was also like 100, probably not the best person to handle that situation. She was at fault and should not have won. But this is america, and everyone, including old withered ladies, is supposed to be able to take the lid off their coffee in the car, i guess.

lame

Nope, according to the wiki on the suit, it focuses solely on the temperature of the liquid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck...;s_Restaurants
    Non wiki for those who hate wiki - https://www.ttla.com/index.cfm?pg=Mc...offeeCaseFacts

She was in her 70s and was wearing sweats with soaked up the hot liquid and then kept it on her skin. No mention of the cup lid. Any sources that outline the lid is the reason she was given 2 mill for 3rd degree burns?

I watched some interview with her and her son, and thought they complained about the lid bursting off. My mistake, i thought that's what they based the lawsuit on.

that's even worse, they sued on the temperature, when it's an industry standard for coffee. unbelievable

I've always admired the artists who tagged those old ruins; makes em less of an eyesore on the environment. But old mines and mills are dangerous and toxic places. I know, I used to work for a company that engineer them. Vertical shafts dropping into underground caverns, unstable soils, toxic soup from groundwater mixing with cancer causing chemicals or skin eating acids. If you're going to explore, do it with proper hard hats, lights, and steel toe boots, not just t-shirts and sneakers. Sort of like riding without gear, it's how much risk you want to take.

Too bad, lawyers get in the way of some amazing urban ruins. http://www.thecoolist.com/abandoned-...-modern-ruins/
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Gold Member

I love it. Debate on hot coffie!! You guys rule!

I love it. Debate on hot coffie!! You guys rule!
    Its cold outside, it would feel even hotter.........

Gold Member

That's a very true statement.

Gold Member

Hey one thing you have to give McDonald's is they don't serve cold coffie.