Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17 Year old Shot and Killed BY Denver Officers

Re: 17 Year old Shot and Killed BY Denver Officers

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    http://youtu.be/KeT_oSLtI-o

You tell me how to avoid this one.

I won't say I want to see them shot before they pull a trigger but I would like to see some of these shootings ablittle more justified. Like actually seeing a gun.
    I never watch the videos on here. For some reason, I did today. Anyway, a perfect example of a dip shit cop. An even better example that these supposed trained professionals can't hit the side of a barn!!! Living in a neighborhood full of cops, I can honestly say I have never met a cop that knows how to handle his firearm. But they sure do look cool directing traffic with their ARs strapped on...

BTW - what finally happened to that moron?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Because guns are the only ways to kill people. That's why we should take them away from everyone. Then no one would die, and no one could ever try and kill a cop again.

It should be noted the last Colorado Officer to die in the line of duty was hit by a car.

It seems society would rather cops just do nothing nowadays, and it's getting worse every day. It's never the criminals fault, always the cops. It's getting to the point where a lot of cops have zero interest in finding criminals, just too much risk in case something bad happens. Almost can't blame them. I think society would've rather the cops drive the other way, leave the felons be. So they joyride, crash into a bunch of cars, maybe kill a person or two, and eventually run out of gas. Not the cops problem right?
    No its we would like to see officers as a whole act and be professional. Not be a scared bunch of little girls. Shooting first asking questions later. Maybe talk to the general public as adults and not prison guards.

Its clear people have had enough with the double standards. Let me ask you Aaron, what would happen if I shot a guy because I thought he had a gun? Would be attempted murder if he doesn't die or just assault?

I don't get why in my profession I am held to a higher standard but law enforcement isn't given all these breaks. And don't tell me it doesn't happen. I will post endless links if you try.

So maybe law enforcement should take a look at their tactics and form new training and new tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Regardless of what happened, WTH are teen-aged girls doing out all night joy riding in a stolen car? This girl died as a direct result of bad parenting. Some people should not have children.
    I agree and I am sure this is bad parenting (not always as some kids just end up bad). Yet I am not so sure she died because of bad parenting or was this more just a bad situation. If there was a rule that said "you steal a car and a cop catches you then you will be shot and killed" then I could understand. At 17 I highly doubt the teenager rationalized that her actions could have concluded with her life ending; why you think they do not count as minors under 18. Sure she knew it could end her up in jail, but I bet she had no clue that when she stole that car it was going to end her life. Again, I am not sure the girl tried to hit the officer or not, but doing a bad thing should not conclude to being shot (of course some situations do require this, but not sure this was one; evidence is too lacking right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

It seems society would rather cops just do nothing nowadays, and it's getting worse every day. It's never the criminals fault, always the cops. It's getting to the point where a lot of cops have zero interest in finding criminals, just too much risk in case something bad happens. Almost can't blame them. I think society would've rather the cops drive the other way, leave the felons be. So they joyride, crash into a bunch of cars, maybe kill a person or two, and eventually run out of gas. Not the cops problem right?
    So you want us to feel bad for police officers having to do their job. And not some surprise job, but the one every police officer knows they are signing up for...heck turn on the show COPS and it gives a pretty clear picture of what you are signing up for. Nobody is complaining that we do not want cops to do their jobs, but HOW they are doing their jobs (the bad ones). To me officers are taking the easier way out and using lethal force rather than having to use other options. We are seeing more and more of it and it really is leaving people with a bad sense of what a police officer is. I'd think a good cop would be embarrassed by this and would truly want the people to look up to them and come to them for help and would want to find a solution. The fact is a lot of people fear police officers and I do not think this is what that position was established for. Some of the greatest cops were ones the neighborhoods respected and trusted; that does not happen by using "bullying" tactics as nobody respect that. Just seems like a change does need to be made....and i think it is safer for both parties. As discussed when violence is used it normally just ends in more violence..."the pen is mightier than the sword" just like the "voice can be stronger than a gun".

P.S. Saying that I will say I do respect the job a officer has to do and I am sure it is not easy at all. Same as with the Armed Forces I am appreciative for what they do (the good ones).
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Feb 2nd, 2015 at 08:21 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Well actually you can't perform a repo in front of law enforcement unless you have a court order. So basically if cops show up its a breach of peace and all repossession activities must end.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Its clear people have had enough with the double standards. Let me ask you Aaron, what would happen if I shot a guy because I thought he had a gun? Would be attempted murder if he doesn't die or just assault?
    Townie, you can usually be counted on to get down to the essence of a problem, and here it is. The problem is that there is a double standard, in this and many other areas of our society. I think the "war on drugs" has fundamentally changed the nature of what police do, from "peace officer" to "law enforcement officer." Think about how that changes the mentality of the people involved, and it isn't a good change.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Well actually you can't perform a repo in front of law enforcement unless you have a court order. So basically if cops show up its a breach of peace and all repossession activities must end.
    Crazy, never knew that and wondered why they never call the police and figured most those repo shows are fake and fight for the camera and that is why. Stupid though if it is a repo and they are not paying their bills you would think the police should help....at least to stop crazy people thinking their car is being stolen...the car they don't pay on. Sucks, always figured cops would show up and be like "he has the proper paperwork so hand over the keys....period". Again the law confuses me so bad....repo has to end...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Townie, you can usually be counted on to get down to the essence of a problem, and here it is. The problem is that there is a double standard, in this and many other areas of our society. I think the "war on drugs" has fundamentally changed the nature of what police do, from "peace officer" to "law enforcement officer." Think about how that changes the mentality of the people involved, and it isn't a good change.
    The double standard is the problem for sure and what bothers most people about it! As I said before more people see cops to fear than the "peace officer" they were once. I know if I get a cop behind me the first thing is my stomach drops even when I know I have done nothing wrong. Wish it was opposite for me and be like "nice I feel safe now that this cop is behind me".

Don't even get me started on the "War on Drugs"...omg, what a crappy plan! So now we have our prison facilities packed with drug offenses because a "minimum sentence" was assigned for war on drugs. We get first offense people who get 20+ years for marijuana, but the rapist and murder can get out in 7 years if they act good. So the person who was an addict and basically is only hurting themselves (in general) gets 3 times the sentence than raping someone! I mean did the law think that by making tougher penalties it was going to stop drugs; no way, just made for a clogged prison facility where people get out early because there is no room...no to mention all the money taxpayers spend on the prison system. Going with what you say though, war on drugs has turned this into a lot of "enforce the law" rather than realize drugs are a huge problem and putting them in prison doesn't seem to be solving the problem. Other countries deal with addicts different and seems to work better; not saying a addict should be felt sorry for, but if anyone has ever known one you can see it is a sickness that takes over them and most can't stop on their own and jail does little to help.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Feb 2nd, 2015 at 11:58 AM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Crazy, never knew that and wondered why they never call the police and figured most those repo shows are fake and fight for the camera and that is why. Stupid though if it is a repo and they are not paying their bills you would think the police should help....at least to stop crazy people thinking their car is being stolen...the car they don't pay on. Sucks, always figured cops would show up and be like "he has the proper paperwork so hand over the keys....period". Again the law confuses me so bad....repo has to end...wow.
    No way bro. I wouldn't have it that way. That is a violation of a persons due process. Banks make mistakes. Its also why I used respect. A person doesn't have to open a garage door and give up the keys.

And yes those shows are fake. They also created a level of stress on debtor's that made the job even harder. Sitting around waiting for the angry repo guy.

But yeah at the end of the day I couldn't count on leos. It was just me and who I was with. No one else. No other help. It only worked by being able to calm people down and create a chance for negotiations.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Here is a fun little bit of info.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanf...son_experiment

Or..

http://youtu.be/pxfk973QQvo
    Last edited by #1Townie; Mon Feb 2nd, 2015 at 12:02 PM.

No way bro. I wouldn't have it that way. That is a violation of a persons due process. Banks make mistakes. Its also why I used respect. A person doesn't have to open a garage door and give up the keys.

And yes those shows are fake. They also created a level of stress on debtor's that made the job even harder. Sitting around waiting for the angry repo guy.

But yeah at the end of the day I couldn't count on leos. It was just me and who I was with. No one else. No other help. It only worked by being able to calm people down and create a chance for negotiations.
    Just seems odd as you would think those are the ones you would want help from...again goes to show that maybe they do not always help and you can do it better yourself using non-violent techniques you learned through the years. I'd think police officers would have figured that out by now too....of course some have, but others will always be the "hothead" cops that use their power. Amazing, because I feel a repo job is a very dangerous position and you have shown you do it better without violence or a gun.

Yeah those shows are dumb. I seen that "South Beach Towing" one and no doubt that is 100% fake. I saw some repo black lady just hitting some guy over the head with a pipe just to get the repo. I was like oh yes, talk about a person looking for a lawsuit and I'd think a repo person hitting a person over the head would be a great reason to sue. So yeah I can see how it can make your job harder for sure....freakin reality tv

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Just seems odd as you would think those are the ones you would want help from...again goes to show that maybe they do not always help and you can do it better yourself using non-violent techniques you learned through the years. I'd think police officers would have figured that out by now too....of course some have, but others will always be the "hothead" cops that use their power. Amazing, because I feel a repo job is a very dangerous position and you have shown you do it better without violence or a gun.

Yeah those shows are dumb. I seen that "South Beach Towing" one and no doubt that is 100% fake. I saw some repo black lady just hitting some guy over the head with a pipe just to get the repo. I was like oh yes, talk about a person looking for a lawsuit and I'd think a repo person hitting a person over the head would be a great reason to sue. So yeah I can see how it can make your job harder for sure....freakin reality tv
    I like the one where that same large black lady gets thrown/pushed out of a parking garage on the second or third floor.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I like the one where that same large black lady gets thrown/pushed out of a parking garage on the second or third floor.
    Here she is