Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: domestic violence.

Gold Member

domestic violence.

So I'm writing this as I'm kind of drunk. I went down a road tonight that I thought I had left behind. The willingness to kill.

I have a very good friend who has three kids. She is a single mom and is doing her best. I took them out to the desert to explore and teach the kids how to do a little shooting.

After that I hung out with my parents and watched the last ten min of the Superbowl. I had all the guns I took out to the desert back in the trunk of my bmw. Ibhave never felt the NEED to carrybto feel safe.

Well on my way home from my parents it was dark. If any of you remember the pics of my car you would know I have very dark windows. VERY! In a more open part of my town with large trees and right next to a fire museum I seen something off.

It looked like a man grabbed a woman and spun her 180 degrees and was holding her face in a very hostile manor. I was on the phone with my lady friend at the time and said what the fuck?!?!....

She asked what was going on and I said I thought I seen a man about to get very physical with a woman. I turned around at the next block. Less than 20 seconds later I was right back to where they should have been. They were gone.

I frantically looked but seen nothing. I had my drivers side window down because of my tint. Finally I heard a scream. It was very muffled but enough to give me a direction to look. What I seen was right out of a horror movie.

I pulled into this old parking lot of an abandoned halfway house area. He was on top of her and looked like he was choking her. She kept screaming for help so I jumped out of my car and yelled for him to get off her.

At this point I told my friend on the phone to call the cops. I totally forgot to tell her where I was. She stopped screaming for help. I knew he was choking her to the point she could no longer cry for help. My only thought was to grab one of my guns from my trunk.

If anyone from bmw reads this I love you. I was abkw to just walk to my trunk and with keyless entry I was able to just open my trunk and get my shotgun.

I grabbed my shotgun and racked it while screaming as mean as I could to get the fuck of her. I'm guessing he heard me rack it and looked up at me to see nothing short of a shaved head white dude with a shotgun pointed at him.

He got off her and she was able to run from him. I demanded repeatedly for him to get on the ground but he just sat there about 20 feet away starring at me. Finally he mumbled he was just trying to calm her down.

Realizing that no cops were on their way and I was the only thing between him and her and my phone was still in my car I made a decision to lower my gun.

She screamed that he was unarmed over and over and didn't want me to end up as "one of those guys". I walked back to my car and dialled 911.

After she realized the coos were close she left and ran into the night. At this point I put my gun back into my trunk and was left sitting there in the darkness alone.

You know one of the quotes that gets posted around here is something along the lines of for evil to prevail it takes good men to do nothing. Or something like that.

I don't know if she knows what tonight meant to me. I don't know if she knows what gates in my head she opened. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this right now. Maybe its the whiskey. Maybe its just the struggle in my head of good vs evil.

What I do know is he will go back to him. I hope she doesn't. But i didnwhatbi could do at the time. I haven't had the best life.

Most of the people I cared about most in this world have always bailed on me. I have committed crimes against my fellow man thatbi will never forgive myself for. But maybe tonight I saved just one person.

Maybe just maybe I gave her enough time to think this all over. Idk. I hope others would and will do the same if found in the same situation.

I'm going to end this drunken rant with a simple word from an angry man.

We have to look out for each other. We can't expect someone else to step in and be that person. Its up to each and every one of us to be that person when it counts.

I watched in my head as I killed a man tonight. I know for a fact if hebhad not let go in would have pulled that trigger. I have tried tonleave my violent past behind me. Its now clear that maybe I lived that passed to do maybe just this one thing.

Drunken rants are something in don't do often. Hope my spelling isn't too bad. Goodnight CSC. Happy Monday.

Re: domestic violence.

Damn bro.......crazy!

I know most people would have seen that happening and ignored it or at the most called the police and hope they made it in time. Good for you man to actually have the nuts to get out and stop it! Deep down know maybe you saved this ladies life and maybe even scared the guy a bit to know that even though he is tougher than her, that there may be others.

I am sure the sh*t you have been through in the past made you see that time was of essence because things can happen fast; it has for me. I feel a man that hits a woman is just the biggest coward and I have little respect for them....at least fight a man that has a chance to defend themselves.

I think I told you my story on domestic violence, but I still think of it all the time. Went to visit my best friend in NM; had moved to Denver about 5 years prior. This was my very best friend that I hung out with daily in High School and we were very close before I left; always had eachothers back! Long story short we were at his house and he got all drunk and starting arguing with his gf; their 1 year old daughter was asleep in the back. Next I know he punches her in the face..and not a little punch, but a way a man does another man. She went down and he jumped on top of her to continue like it was a fight as she was curled up in the fetal position. Now this was like my brother so I am freaking out but know I cannot allow this so I pull him off of her and separate them. I put her in the back room and him in the front room hoping they calm down. Nope he goes to the back and punches her again and starts kicking her. I lost it and grabbed the guy and threw him threw a closet wall. I took my shirt off and said "alright bro, I ain't a woman so let's do this". Guy was scared and would not fight me and was saying "we are boys bro and you care going to choose her over me". Damn, those words hurt because I loved this guy, but at same time I could not allow this. Cops ending up coming and she said I lied and he never hit her, but they knew she as lying and arrested him. Of course cops told me this is a normal thing and they are out her all the time for this. Anyways I lost my best friend and still feel bad about it, but at same time I feel it was the right thing to do.

Sad we help though and most likely the woman goes back to the guy that beats her....I'll never understand it.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I also had to stop domestic violence in my own home. Grew up with an alcoholic stepfather and one day he decided to hit my mom. Well I told him “you have to sleep sometime and you ever touch her again I swear I will kill you”. Then to add to my threat he would pass out drunk all the time on the sofa so I’d get a huge butcher knife and “accidently” wake him up so he saw me with it so he would know “yup, but the time you woke up it would be too late”. Luckily he never hit my mom again and good thing because I probably would have been one of those kids on trial for stabbing him….nobody messed with my mom though!

Crazy thing is like 4 years later when I was like 16 he decided to hit me. He was on top of me punching me and I grabbed a hammer and hit him so hard in the head he went down. Told him to call the police and I’d show them where he hit me and see who went to jail. Amazingly he never hit me again….probably figured out I had some screws loose.

He died of alcoholism so I never got a chance as a grown man to confront him and either 1) Explain how hard he made my life as a kid 2) Beat him down for what he did

Damn... sounds like you were there for a reason.

Call it religion, karma, good timing... I'm not going to turn this into a faith fest/fight. However, I believe we are all guided and protected by something other than this world. Use whatever dogma you like...

I've been fortunate enough to not be put in the situations you and Bulldog have been in, but I've been on the receiving end of guidance and protection.

When I was 16, I was on my way home from school. After dropping off my friend, I jumped back into the car (1971 VW Bug) and took off down the dirt road. I came to a stop, and for some unknown reason, I put my seat belt on. Now, this was not a normal behavior, especially since the bug's belts sucked. Well, less than a mile later, I was run off the road and I flipped the car 4 times. I missed a telephone pole by inches and managed to land on what was left of the wheels. 24 years later, and I still deal with the repercussions of that accident through scars and pain. But, I'm here now. and I know that something/someone tapped me on the shoulder that day.

Hopefully, you not only saved, but changed a life.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Damn... sounds like you were there for a reason.

Call it religion, karma, good timing... I'm not going to turn this into a faith fest/fight. However, I believe we are all guided and protected by something other than this world. Use whatever dogma you like...

I've been fortunate enough to not be put in the situations you and Bulldog have been in, but I've been on the receiving end of guidance and protection.

When I was 16, I was on my way home from school. After dropping off my friend, I jumped back into the car (1971 VW Bug) and took off down the dirt road. I came to a stop, and for some unknown reason, I put my seat belt on. Now, this was not a normal behavior, especially since the bug's belts sucked. Well, less than a mile later, I was run off the road and I flipped the car 4 times. I missed a telephone pole by inches and managed to land on what was left of the wheels. 24 years later, and I still deal with the repercussions of that accident through scars and pain. But, I'm here now. and I know that something/someone tapped me on the shoulder that day.

Hopefully, you not only saved, but changed a life.
    Thanks man…people say I must be here for a reason and I try to believe that. I actually died in a car accident and came back to life so I must have a reason to be here; claim I was without oxygen for 20 minutes. I saw all those “lights and feelings” like they talk about that happen when you die. Worst part is my cousin died next to me and was basically only because I chose the left seat and she chose the right seat. Then even crazier is my head landed in between the fender wall and tire (head missed being crushed by inches) plus I was covered in gas (one spark and a fried bulldog)…yet I made it through….changed my life for sure and made me see how fast everything can change.

So yeah karma or some force has to be out there to make these things happen. Like what are the odds a guy like Townie would hear that lady when most people would not have got involved. Or you using your seat belt that one time….very strange.

Gold Member

Yeah man opening my head up to that violent place had me a little twisted last night. It is what it is I guess. I'm just happy the dumbshit didn't test the water.

I will never understand why women let this happen to them. "He's a good guy". Wtf are you talking about!! He had his hands wrapped around your neck choking the life out of you!!! HE WAS TRYING TO KILL YOU!!

I just don't get it.

Salsa you kind of want to talk about fate? So yesterday I wasn't even supposed to be in my home town. I ended up bailing on one of my friends to take a lady friend shooting. That's why I had the gage in my trunk. I never have a firearm near me.

I'm happy I had it because I didn't have to use and kind of physical force to stop him. If I hadn't I would of had to go hands on. He was raged out and I'm sure it would have been a full blown fight.

Like what happened to Nate I'm sure I would have been blamed for the fight and probably arrested.

But the look on the cops face was epic when I told him I pulled a shotgun on him. Lol. You did what? I was dude he was choking her so hard she couldn't speak. It was a life or death situation and I did what I had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Yeah man opening my head up to that violent place had me a little twisted last night. It is what it is I guess. I'm just happy the dumbshit didn't test the water.

I will never understand why women let this happen to them. "He's a good guy". Wtf are you talking about!! He had his hands wrapped around your neck choking the life out of you!!! HE WAS TRYING TO KILL YOU!!

I just don't get it.

Salsa you kind of want to talk about fate? So yesterday I wasn't even supposed to be in my home town. I ended up bailing on one of my friends to take a lady friend shooting. That's why I had the gage in my trunk. I never have a firearm near me.

I'm happy I had it because I didn't have to use and kind of physical force to stop him. If I hadn't I would of had to go hands on. He was raged out and I'm sure it would have been a full blown fight.

Like what happened to Nate I'm sure I would have been blamed for the fight and probably arrested.

But the look on the cops face was epic when I told him I pulled a shotgun on him. Lol. You did what? I was dude he was choking her so hard she couldn't speak. It was a life or death situation and I did what I had to do.
    I feel you man...grew up with violence and it was always my answer, but now I try to put that behind me. Hence why I don't want to start MMA now even though I love fighting....I get that feeling back and it is hard for me to let it go. Seems like that is what you went through. Hard to give something up, but so easy to let it back in.

Right! I was in shock when she stood there with the police and pointed at me and said "he is lying, by BF never hit me". She had a giant welt on her face that was hard to miss. So yeah that was my thanks...lost my best friend and then I get told I lied and should have stayed out of it. Of course they got back together and I was the bad guy in it all....oh well still feel I made the right decision. Some women are stupid and guess that is what they want; a guy that beats them.

I actually dated a girl that had come from a abusive relationship. She broke up with me saying "you are just too nice and I am not used to that" Then I find out she went back to her ex....dang I guess I should have hit her a few times and then I'd of been BF material.

Well Townie, you never know, but you may have saved her life. Has to be some joy in that even if we know she will probably go back to him.

Gold Member

Yeah when I first started dating my ex there in co she slammed a car door shut on my hand on our way to the club. I couldn't reach the handle to open the door and was like open it open it. She started backing away slowly in terror. I was like where are you going?!?!

She told me later she had been in an abusive relationship and thought I was going to beat her for it. I was like nope just wanted my smashed fingers back. Lol!

I'm with you man. I will never respect a man that puts his hands on his chick. That's your queen. Not a punching bag. Its fucking bullshit.

Weird situation bro. I am real glad you turned around no matter what the fuck that lady thinks now. There are not enough people who stand up and stop this kind of bullshit.

Respect.

This a very tuff thread doods. I mind my own business most of the time , but seeing a woman being held dwn and choked nearly to death is unacceptable. I don't think no one would keep going on their way. Townie , who knows if you saved a life or prolong co-existing agony. Women who goes back to such relationships are most likely to be dead or maimed.

But on a side note. When I left upstate NY to drive dwn back to Richmond, Tx. I had a couple close calls with life ending results. One was tennesee or Kentucky . No it was not a run in with locals. I pull off the hwy to grab lunch at a Lorretta Lynn Kitchen. I get to a stop sign. Look left, look right. In my i head I tell my self look left again. As I did this semi with trailer comes barreling down out of no-where. Really odd cause I should have seen the trk first time I looked..Second incident was when I was only 50 miles from the house. I was cruisin 90 plus in my lil low rider for several miles. Then for an odd reason I told myself , hey better bring it dwn a few notches. As I was at this time getting near dwntwn Houston on the freeway. I see this car on its top in the middle of the freeway. If I had kept up with the speed I was going I would have smashed right into that car.... So yeah.. Coincidence in my book.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Thank you for stepping in and even if she does go back, someone stepped in once and that may be what it takes. There are a lot of studies done on domestic violence, and as to why they go back, it's a hugely complex issue and is often very frustrating for those standing on the outside. You did a good thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5805134.html
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    ... You did a good thing.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

So my buddy Matt is walking his dog and sees this women get thrown out of a car. The car leaves and Matt goes over to help her. He's walking her somewhere (I forget if she lived in the neighborhood or if he was taking her to his place to call someone) and the guy circles back around and attacks Matt. Cuts him up pretty good, face and neck. Matt could have died.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16432860

So the police find and arrest the guy and charge him with all manner of crimes including attempted murder. Here's the kicker. The bitch he threw out of the car spoke up for him and the bond hearing asking to reduce his bond and modify the restraining order so they could have contact.

Quote Originally Posted by koop View Post
    So my buddy Matt is walking his dog and sees this women get thrown out of a car. The car leaves and Matt goes over to help her. He's walking her somewhere (I forget if she lived in the neighborhood or if he was taking her to his place to call someone) and the guy circles back around and attacks Matt. Cuts him up pretty good, face and neck. Matt could have died.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16432860

So the police find and arrest the guy and charge him with all manner of crimes including attempted murder. Here's the kicker. The bitch he threw out of the car spoke up for him and the bond hearing asking to reduce his bond and modify the restraining order so they could have contact.
    Wow, crazy story, but at least he was awarded with the "Hero Award"

Maybe Townie did have the best tactic and is best to pull a gun...beats getting stabbed. I hate using weapons, but after being stabbed twice I decided I'd rather carry one then go through that again.

Guess I got to get Townie a award now:

Wow, your guys's stories are incredible... I've never even experienced a full on fight before, let alone choking/stabbing someone. What you all did was the right thing. Why do girls lie about men hitting them? That's something that really makes me mad, and the beating in general. It's really sad what happens in this world..
    06 GSXR 750

Townie, you did a great thing man. Honestly, you did more than I would have. I would have stepped in right up until the point where she started defending him. At that point, I would have re-holstered my firearm, turned to the guy and would have told him, "you may proceed sir." Get back in my vehicle and drive off.

You also took a big risk in this coming back to bite you big time. Had you intervened further and let's say shot the guy. You may have been facing a civil case from not only his family but from her as well. Luckily nothing happened and you are saved from the hassle of a court trial.

Domestic fights/dispute/violence are probably one of the toughest things for anyone to step in and try and control. Even my Uncle who was on CSPD for close to 30 years said many times, that he hated responding to Domestic Violence calls. Cause 9 out of 10 times it always turned bad for them because they would step in, cuff the assbag slapping his old lady around and then she'd turn on them and start getting upset because they are having to cuff him. It's almost better to let the guy beat the woman up and then just call in an ambulance after the fact.

I have no use for men who beat women, but I really have no use for women who get beat by men and then go back to them time after time. In my opinion those kinds of people are made for each other and deserve everything they get. It's cold and calloused to say, but sometimes some people just are better off becoming another statistic.

Again you did a good thing man. You intervened with a complete stranger. For me, the only way I'll instantly step in is if the person being attacked are my friends, family, girlfriend, etc. Honestly, strangers can fend for themselves. Way I look at it, the stranger being attacked has got every right to be armed just like I do. The fact that they choose not to be armed is really not my problem....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Townie, you did a great thing man. Honestly, you did more than I would have. I would have stepped in right up until the point where she started defending him. At that point, I would have re-holstered my firearm, turned to the guy and would have told him, "you may proceed sir." Get back in my vehicle and drive off.

You also took a big risk in this coming back to bite you big time. Had you intervened further and let's say shot the guy. You may have been facing a civil case from not only his family but from her as well. Luckily nothing happened and you are saved from the hassle of a court trial.

Domestic fights/dispute/violence are probably one of the toughest things for anyone to step in and try and control. Even my Uncle who was on CSPD for close to 30 years said many times, that he hated responding to Domestic Violence calls. Cause 9 out of 10 times it always turned bad for them because they would step in, cuff the assbag slapping his old lady around and then she'd turn on them and start getting upset because they are having to cuff him. It's almost better to let the guy beat the woman up and then just call in an ambulance after the fact.

I have no use for men who beat women, but I really have no use for women who get beat by men and then go back to them time after time. In my opinion those kinds of people are made for each other and deserve everything they get. It's cold and calloused to say, but sometimes some people just are better off becoming another statistic.

Again you did a good thing man. You intervened with a complete stranger. For me, the only way I'll instantly step in is if the person being attacked are my friends, family, girlfriend, etc. Honestly, strangers can fend for themselves. Way I look at it, the stranger being attacked has got every right to be armed just like I do. The fact that they choose not to be armed is really not my problem....
    I pulled into this old parking lot of an abandoned halfway house area. He was on top of her and looked like he was choking her. She kept screaming for help so I jumped out of my car and yelled for him to get off her.

At this point I told my friend on the phone to call the cops. I totally forgot to tell her where I was. She stopped screaming for help. I knew he was choking her to the point she could no longer cry for help. My only thought was to grab one of my guns from my trunk.

If anyone from bmw reads this I love you. I was abkw to just walk to my trunk and with keyless entry I was able to just open my trunk and get my shotgun.

I grabbed my shotgun and racked it while screaming as mean as I could to get the fuck of her. I'm guessing he heard me rack it and looked up at me to see nothing short of a shaved head white dude with a shotgun pointed at him.

He got off her and she was able to run from him. I demanded repeatedly for him to get on the ground but he just sat there about 20 feet away starring at me. Finally he mumbled he was just trying to calm her down.

Realizing that no cops were on their way and I was the only thing between him and her and my phone was still in my car I made a decision to lower my gun.

She screamed that he was unarmed over and over and didn't want me to end up as "one of those guys". I walked back to my car and dialled 911.

After she realized the coos were close she left and ran into the night. At this point I put my gun back into my trunk and was left sitting there in the darkness alone.
    Huh??? Where in this story did she start defending him? Closest thing I saw to that was she stated saying he was "unarmed" but that was even after the fact that Townie already stopped the attack after she was screamed for help. Plus still seems like she was looking out for Townie as she didn't want him to be "one of those guys" (that I took) as a hero that gets charged for shooting the guy. The entire "she will go back to him" was all just talk associated with domestic violence. Yet you really went off their about "I wouldn't help a stranger" and defended yourself up and down. Is this some type of old guilt? Sorry just find it sad that a person could walk away from a woman being beat because of selfishness. Just think how you would feel if you were in trouble and someone said "naw, I don't know him".....I bet you would be hurt. Like you wrecked on side of road on your bike, but their is gas all over and they feel "well I could help, but then I risk getting burnt and he was the idiot that rode those organ donor motorcycles"...harsh! As my story went I didn't know the person and actually knew the attacker (my best friend), yet I knew it was the right thing to help....guess that is just me....seems like Townie too. I also don't need to carry to feel safe though even though I own a gun!

Got to laugh at what you said though "The fact that they choose not to be armed is really not my problem". Wow, you really take this carrying a gun pretty far to think EVERYONE should carry at all times and if they do not that is their bad

As for why they go back, you should read the article that Bornwildandfree posted; I did. Really gives insight on why woman stay and it is not as easy as you make it seem. Dang man you ever been in love? People do stupid sh*t for love even though they know it is dumb....I am a big offender of that one. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5805134.html
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 4th, 2015 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Huh??? Where in this story did she start defending him? Closest thing I saw to that was she stated saying he was "unarmed" but that was even after the fact that Townie already stopped the attack after she was screamed for help. Plus still seems like she was looking out for Townie as she didn't want him to be "one of those guys" (that I took) as a hero that gets charged for shooting the guy. The entire "she will go back to him" was all just talk associated with domestic violence. Yet you really went off their about "I wouldn't help a stranger" and defended yourself up and down. Is this some type of old guilt? Sorry just find it sad that a person could walk away from a woman being beat because of selfishness. Just think how you would feel if you were in trouble and someone said "naw, I don't know him".....I bet you would be hurt. Like you wrecked on side of road on your bike, but their is gas all over and they feel "well I could help, but then I risk getting burnt and he was the idiot that rode those organ donor motorcycles"...harsh! As my story went I didn't know the person and actually knew the attacker (my best friend), yet I knew it was the right thing to help....guess that is just me....seems like Townie too. I also don't need to carry to feel safe though even though I own a gun!

Got to laugh at what you said though "The fact that they choose not to be armed is really not my problem". Wow, you really take this carrying a gun pretty far to think EVERYONE should carry at all times and if they do not that is their bad

As for why they go back, you should read the article that Bornwildandfree posted; I did. Really gives insight on why woman stay and it is not as easy as you make it seem. Dang man you ever been in love? People do stupid sh*t for love even though they know it is dumb....I am a big offender of that one. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5805134.html
    Look I get it, you're "likes to step in and be the hero guy." Me?? I'm "likes to keep my freedom and not go to jail over helping someone guy."

She defended the guy by yelling he's un-armed. I mean really?? The guy was just choking her out and now she's not wanting him to be hurt?? Sorry bro, I was born at night but not last night. As soon as I see that kind of behaviour I'll turn around and leave.

Again, I value my freedom over someone else's life. I'm not risking my life and freedom for someone I don't know especially in a domestic violence situation. The ramifications of me stepping in are too dire to deal with. Sure it may go fine as with Townie. Or you could get sued by everyone under the sun and/or sent to jail for being "a hero."

And no, I've been in situations and had no help. You know what, the last thing on my mind was feeling hurt because no one stepped in to help. I didn't need some focus group to help me deal with it. You know what I did? Just dealt with it like a man and moved on.

And don't make me out to be the bad guy here. I'll be more than willing to he l p if I saw someone in an accident on the side of the road. Or someone having a medical emergency. However, when guy and his old lady are getting into it, I just keep moving on. It's none of my business and I don't want to make it my business.

Go ahead and laugh at my gun comment. You and everyone else have just as much rights to carry as I do to defend yourselves.

Remember, just because of poor planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine....
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Feb 4th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Look I get it, you're "likes to step in and be the hero guy." Me?? I'm "likes to keep my freedom and not go to jail over helping someone guy."

She defended the guy by yelling he's un-armed. I mean really?? The guy was just choking her out and now she's not wanting him to be hurt?? Sorry bro, I was born at night but not last night. As soon as I see that kind of behaviour I'll turn around and leave.

Again, I value my freedom over someone else's life. I'm not risking my life and freedom for someone I don't know especially in a domestic violence situation. The ramifications of me stepping in are too dire to deal with. Sure it may go fine as with Townie. Or you could get sued by everyone under the sun and/or sent to jail for being "a hero."

And no, I've been in situations and had no help. You know what, the last thing on my mind was feeling hurt because no one stepped in to help. I didn't need some focus group to help me deal with it. You know what I did? Just dealt with it like a man and moved on.

And don't make me out to be the bad guy here. I'll be more than willing to he l p if I saw someone in an accident on the side of the road. Or someone having a medical emergency. However, when guy and his old lady are getting into it, I just keep moving on. It's none of my business and I don't want to make it my business.

Go ahead and laugh at my gun comment. You and everyone else have just as much rights to carry as I do to defend yourselves.

Remember, just because of poor planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine....
    Like???? WTF! I bet 95% of heroes do not do it because they like it, they do it because they are good people. See I feel this is what is wrong with society nowadays. Everyone is out for themselves now and it is creating a very selfish society where it is all about “me, me, me”.

You made a huge assumption about this lady that I am not so sure about. If she was so “defending” him why didn’t she attack Townie or at least do something more than say “he is unarmed”. Again, I feel she was looking out for Townie not wanting him to get charged. Even so if that was “defending” then it was a pretty lame attempt especially since she left this guy and ran off alone.

Bad guy? Pretty sure you made yourself out to be that when you basically stated you would not help out a stranger in this situation; because you have no compassion for domestic violence victims. Then you gave reasons why it could affect you…again, me, me, me. You assume that all domestic violence victims go back to the man, but you do not know if this is truly the case here. It could have been his first time and now she did leave him; we do not know. You just act like it is the victims fault because they do not carry a gun like you! Not sure where you think we live, but needing to carry a gun at all times is just ridiculous and just shows you do not know the true violence that goes on in this world. I’ve lived in CO now over 15 years and have not once found a time where I needed a gun and when that times comes I will carry too, but we are far from that time. Actually crime has decreased over the years.

Remember, just because you are a scared guy, does not mean all men are that way too

A cop is 7 times as likely to be shot each time they respond to a DV call as they are responding to an armed robbery call. Think about it: Armed robbers want to get away with their loot. DV calls are all about very strong emotions, not rational thought. Townie, you clank when you walk, because it takes big brass ones to step into that kind of situation. Good on ya!
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Like???? WTF! I bet 95% of heroes do not do it because they like it, they do it because they are good people. See I feel this is what is wrong with society nowadays. Everyone is out for themselves now and it is creating a very selfish society where it is all about “me, me, me”.

You made a huge assumption about this lady that I am not so sure about. If she was so “defending” him why didn’t she attack Townie or at least do something more than say “he is unarmed”. Again, I feel she was looking out for Townie not wanting him to get charged. Even so if that was “defending” then it was a pretty lame attempt especially since she left this guy and ran off alone.

Bad guy? Pretty sure you made yourself out to be that when you basically stated you would not help out a stranger in this situation; because you have no compassion for domestic violence victims. Then you gave reasons why it could affect you…again, me, me, me. You assume that all domestic violence victims go back to the man, but you do not know if this is truly the case here. It could have been his first time and now she did leave him; we do not know. You just act like it is the victims fault because they do not carry a gun like you! Not sure where you think we live, but needing to carry a gun at all times is just ridiculous and just shows you do not know the true violence that goes on in this world. I’ve lived in CO now over 15 years and have not once found a time where I needed a gun and when that times comes I will carry too, but we are far from that time. Actually crime has decreased over the years.

Remember, just because you are a scared guy, does not mean all men are that way too
    Yeah I'm not going to even take the time to address something so asinine.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah I'm not going to even take the time to address something so asinine.
    We agree there at least, because that is how I feel about your statements

At least go at least read the link Bornwildandfree posted and maybe that will help change your opinion on domestic violence.

Gold Member

Hold on guys simmer down. Bk has every right to feel the way he does. And honestly I can't blame him.

She was defending him. Not me. She used all the typical lines. He's a good guy. He's not normally like this. Blah blah. At no point was she defending me in any way.

I hate the word hero. It should be saved for people who actually go above and beyond. I didn't do that. I just met force with force.

Look at what happened to that other guy. Throat cut. Slashed the fuck up. Why would anyone want to risk that for a stranger?

No man I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to step into that.

Hold on guys simmer down. Bk has every right to feel the way he does. And honestly I can't blame him.

She was defending him. Not me. She used all the typical lines. He's a good guy. He's not normally like this. Blah blah. At no point was she defending me in any way.

I hate the word hero. It should be saved for people who actually go above and beyond. I didn't do that. I just met force with force.

Look at what happened to that other guy. Throat cut. Slashed the fuck up. Why would anyone want to risk that for a stranger?

No man I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to step into that.
    I get it, but I do respect you more for doing what you did and you know "respect" means a lot in my book. You may talk sh*t, but at least it shows you can back it up and are not a scared guy. I just think if this was my mom or sister I'd be very grateful a guy like you stepped in even if the woman was not grateful.