Thread: Can you get hit by a car and do a flip?

Can you get hit by a car and do a flip?

I sure as $hit cant but this guy can!!!!

http://youtu.be/jr6R5dQa8hY

hi everyone!

Re: Can you get hit by a car and do a flip?

I flipped over a car when I was 18 on my yamaha seca 750. Some lady needed to turn into a liquor store that was to my right and she was 2 lanes to the left. I was going about 30 and all of a sudden she was sideways in front of me. I impacted the handlebars so hard they turned into a forward facing "V" and my left foot hit her right rear tire so hard it flattened her tire. I then flipped over the top of her car. All I remember during that time is, "This car has birdshit ALL over it!" I land in the road on the other side of her car in a roll (thank god for martial arts). I stand up from the roll, then really slowly fall to my butt.

My bike was totalled but not a fucking scratch on me.

Hi Grim!

Grim is back

That exact situation is why I have taken a break from riding for a while; got in same accident. Yet at last minute I decided to take my car to work because I was running late (gear takes me longer to put on). Car ran a red light and hit me causing $9K+ in damage to my car; I was not hurt, but on a bike I would have been bad. All I could think is that one decision to not ride that day is what saved me from at least broken legs. For years I was convinced that my experience and skills would prevent most accidents, and it did, but that one time made me question if it is worth it as i know a guy that got hit in legs and shattered them and basically had to learn to walk again. So now I just hate the drivers on the street as most do not pay attention; girl who hit me was texting at time.

Before you say I am a wuss, this was the second time a person hit me running a red light; first one I was on a bike and totaled it and I did get hurt. Also seen more than one person die on a ride, multiple crashes, and multiple trips to the hospital to see the aftermath of wrecks. I just want a track bike now so I can end the idiotic street riding....and all because of idiots like this that don't realize the damage that can happen to a bike; I bet the car in that video was barely damaged compared to the bike.

This guy got so lucky as usually hit by a car running a red light on a bike is at least a trip to the hospital.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Feb 3rd, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I tried (try meaning braking too hard when a car swerved in font of me) to front Endo the Ninja on I-25

it didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    I tried (try meaning braking too hard when a car swerved in font of me) to front Endo the Ninja on I-25

it didn't work
    What scared me the most is I had NO time to react....didn't even see it coming it happened so fast. In past I figured I'd have some time to react, but that taught me sh*t can go down in milliseconds even if you are a experienced rider.

So still lifting homey? Nobody talks fitness with me on here anymore and sucks. Come back man!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    What scared me the most is I had NO time to react....didn't even see it coming it happened so fast. In past I figured I'd have some time to react, but that taught me sh*t can go down in milliseconds even if you are a experienced rider.

So still lifting homey? Nobody talks fitness with me on here anymore and sucks. Come back man!
    Yea still lifting, not nearly as strict as i was due to work but i'm picking it back up and going on the regular. After the contest i ended up losing a bit of mass which is part of the consequence but i plan to gain it back so its just another road to go down. Diet is pretty good still not nearly as tight but i didn't pick milk or cheese back up and converted over to Soy milk.

Yea still lifting, not nearly as strict as i was due to work but i'm picking it back up and going on the regular. After the contest i ended up losing a bit of mass which is part of the consequence but i plan to gain it back so its just another road to go down. Diet is pretty good still not nearly as tight but i didn't pick milk or cheese back up and converted over to Soy milk.
    At least you are still doing it though because seems like everyone else that was down to do it with us stopped.....Wicky!

I am same ole; 5 days a week. I haven't been trying to get massively bigger because I am tired of eating so much, but I am maintaining and still making progress. Dropped a bit of weight because I am liking the "lean" look more, but my strength stayed the same and is still improving. Today is leg day...my least favorite day

I am lactose intolerant so I can't really have a lot of milk products as it is. I know you hate advice, but I was told that men should not drink Soy because it can raise estrogen; may be worth looking into I do Coconut milk or just the lactose free Omega Milk....still doing three protein shakes a day...ugh.

At least you are still doing it though because seems like everyone else that was down to do it with us stopped.....Wicky!

I am same ole; 5 days a week. I haven't been trying to get massively bigger because I am tired of eating so much, but I am maintaining and still making progress. Dropped a bit of weight because I am liking the "lean" look more, but my strength stayed the same and is still improving. Today is leg day...my least favorite day

I am lactose intolerant so I can't really have a lot of milk products as it is. I know you hate advice, but I was told that men should not drink Soy because it can raise estrogen; may be worth looking into I do Coconut milk or just the lactose free Omega Milk....still doing three protein shakes a day...ugh.

Would'nt know much about the soy deal but makes me intrigued to look into it! I dont drink much at all maybe a few glasses a week. I drink 2 shakes a day one before lifting and one after and mix them with water. I resorted to lifting at night starting around 8:30pm because the fucking new years resolution people crowd the shit out of the gym. More than half of them don't know WTF they are doing so at night its dead and i dont have to wait for anyone.

Yes i hate leg day as well!!!!!!

Would'nt know much about the soy deal but makes me intrigued to look into it! I dont drink much at all maybe a few glasses a week. I drink 2 shakes a day one before lifting and one after and mix them with water. I resorted to lifting at night starting around 8:30pm because the fucking new years resolution people crowd the shit out of the gym. More than half of them don't know WTF they are doing so at night its dead and i dont have to wait for anyone.

Yes i hate leg day as well!!!!!!
    There have been conflicting studies done on it, but basically it comes down to

Soybeans are a rich source of a set of molecules called "isoflavones." These substances have weak estrogen (female hormone) activity and have been used for years as "natural" remedies for hot flashes in menopausal women. Since male transgender patients take estrogens to stimulate breast growth, it has been assumed that soy might have the same effect
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/51...k-bad-for-men/

Not sure much proof has been shown by it, but when I heard erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia (man boobs), decreased sperm production, and a raise in estrogen that scares me. I am a firm beleive that a raise in estrogen is very bad for men and increases cancer as much as 70%; cancer loves estrogen. If you ever see a obese guy with huge nipples and "boobs of sort" that is not just fat, but means the obesity has caused a huge increase in estrogen (as testosterone decreases) and the man really is growing woman like breasts; called gynecomastia. So yeah I'd rather be safe than sorry, but I do mix half my shakes with milk and half with water three times daily (ice and blend).

I got lucky this years and 24Hour Fitness must have bought out a ton of Baleys (or all of them) so my gym has not been packed this year at all like usual.....and I go at peak time of 5pm. For once has been so nice to not deal with it. I know what you mean though and this is the time when all the people come out to do their "resolutions" and have no idea what they are doing. My pet peeve is the people who sit on a machine texting more than they lift.

Only good thing on leg day is I skip cardio....my small reward

Soybeans are a rich source of a set of molecules called "isoflavones." These substances have weak estrogen (female hormone) activity and have been used for years as "natural" remedies for hot flashes in menopausal women. Since male transgender patients take estrogens to stimulate breast growth, it has been assumed that soy might have the same effect

Not sure much proof has been shown by it, but when I heard erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia (man boobs), decreased sperm production, and a raise in estrogen that scares me. I am a firm beleive that a raise in estrogen is very bad for men and increases cancer as much as 70%; cancer loves estrogen. If you ever see a obese guy with huge nipples and "boobs of sort" that is not just fat, but means the obesity has caused a huge increase in estrogen (as testosterone decreases) and the man really is growing woman like breasts; called gynecomastia. So yeah I'd rather be safe than sorry, but I do mix half my shakes with milk and half with water three times daily (ice and blend).

I got lucky this years and 24Hour Fitness must have bought out a ton of Baleys (or all of them) so my gym has not been packed this year at all like usual.....and I go at peak time of 5pm. For once has been so nice to not deal with it. I know what you mean though and this is the time when all the people come out to do their "resolutions" and have no idea what they are doing. My pet peeve is the people who sit on a machine texting more than they lift.

Stop posting these videos, now I'm really not sure if I should take my bike out to work this Friday. I'm not a big fan of commuting to work, but I get these itches in the winter that sometimes they take over my rational
    Soymilk and increased estrogen in men is still kind of debatable topic. But like you say, it's better be safe than sorry. And with so many other alternatives why take a chance, right!
    Now, milk also has lots of estrogen. Cows, during last two months of pregnancy, have even higher estrogen levels in its milk. Farmers are not suppose sell the milk during those times. Milk's estrogen has a strong link for developing prostate cancer. Yikes!
    Milk, especially whole kind is awesome for putting weight, but if it's not what you after anymore, throw that shit out.
    Bally's in Belmar got bought by 24H so if you ever there, let me know!
    Last edited by Tiutis; Tue Feb 3rd, 2015 at 09:35 PM.

Double post
    Last edited by Tiutis; Tue Feb 3rd, 2015 at 09:34 PM.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiutis View Post
    Stop posting these videos, now I'm really not sure if I should take my bike out to work this Friday. I'm not a big fan of commuting to work, but I get these itches in the winter that sometimes they take over my rational
    Soymilk and increased estrogen in men is still kind of debatable topic. But like you say, it's better be safe than sorry. And with so many other alternatives why take a chance, right!
    Now, milk also has lots of estrogen. Cows, during last two months of pregnancy, have even higher estrogen levels in its milk. Farmers are not suppose sell the milk during those times. Milk's estrogen has a strong link for developing prostate cancer. Yikes!
    Milk, especially whole kind is awesome for putting weight, but if it's not what you after anymore, throw that shit out.
    Bally's in Belmar got bought by 24H so if you ever there, let me know!
    Interesting as I did not know that regular milk has estrogen too; thanks now I got something to research! I do take "lactose free" milk if I do regular so I'll have to see what I can find about that one. Estrogen and cancer seem to go hand in hand; especially in men and I have done a a lot of research on this. Sad thing is men's testosterone has been going down over generations and has become a huge problem that most men do not recognize. Come to think of it I bet food like the milk you stated is what is causing this drastic dip in testosterone for men.

This is the new milk I have been using; called Fairlife. A bit expensive but seems to be good stuff. What you think of it Tiutis and/or Grim? http://fairlife.com/

Nice, I mainly work out at the 24Hr Fitness off Santa Fe Blvd and Belleview, but maybe one weekend we could try to meet up as always down; heck maybe even Grim will surprise us and decide to meet up too....come on Grim...we have been talking about this too long now
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 4th, 2015 at 08:11 AM.

i did look into this and I am no longer drinking that shit!!! Consider this the one advise I take for the whole year

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    dickhead

Interesting as I did not know that regular milk has estrogen too; thanks now I got something to research! I do take "lactose free" milk if I do regular so I'll have to see what I can find about that one. Estrogen and cancer seem to go hand in hand; especially in men and I have done a a lot of research on this. Sad thing is men's testosterone has been going down over generations and has become a huge problem that most men do not recognize. Come to think of it I bet food like the milk you stated is what is causing this drastic dip in testosterone for men.

This is the new milk I have been using; called Fairlife. A bit expensive but seems to be good stuff. What you think of it Tiutis and/or Grim? http://fairlife.com/

Nice, I mainly work out at the 24Hr Fitness off Santa Fe Blvd and Belleview, but maybe one weekend we could try to meet up as always down; heck maybe even Grim will surprise us and decide to meet up too....come on Grim...we have been talking about this too long now

Only if 24hour lets me in without calling me every day to ask if I'm gonna join, I am Lifetime fitness guy.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Oh yeah.
    I know, that's what I'm talkin bout!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

So hot. So so so dirty hot!!!

i did look into this and I am no longer drinking that shit!!! Consider this the one advise I take for the whole year

Only if 24hour lets me in without calling me every day to ask if I'm gonna join, I am Lifetime fitness guy.
    Wow, got to mark this day on the calender then Not sure if you are a Costco member, but they have good deals on coconut and almond milk; 2 1/2 gallon packs. Although I am loving that "Fairlife" milk I posted about above (50% more protein than regular milk); found out it is distributed by Coca Cola http://time.com/3694924/coca-cola-pr...fairlife-milk/ I still need to research the estrogen in regular milk though to learn more on that.

Yeah 24Hour fitness is horrible about that and only way I have found to avoid that is to pay the $5 friend fee and say you live out of town where there is no 24Hour Fitness. I guess maybe you could give them the wrong number. Well if you ever are serious you got my number so hit me up; like I said I'd even be down to go to your gym, but has to be on weekend. I know we have different schedules so no big deal either way.

Just at least stop being a stranger on the board; Townie and I seem to be the ones that mostly post now. I don't have a sportbike now either so don't let that stop you. I figure I put my dues in for 14 years on one anyways.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Feb 5th, 2015 at 07:47 AM.

Wow, got to mark this day on the calender then Not sure if you are a Costco member, but they have good deals on coconut and almond milk; 2 1/2 gallon packs. Although I am loving that "Fairlife" milk I posted about above (50% more protein than regular milk); found out it is distributed by Coca Cola http://time.com/3694924/coca-cola-pr...fairlife-milk/ I still need to research the estrogen in regular milk though to learn more on that.

Yeah 24Hour fitness is horrible about that and only way I have found to avoid that is to pay the $5 friend fee and say you live out of town where there is no 24Hour Fitness. I guess maybe you could give them the wrong number. Well if you ever are serious you got my number so hit me up; like I said I'd even be down to go to your gym, but has to be on weekend. I know we have different schedules so no big deal either way.

Just at least stop being a stranger on the board; Townie and I seem to be the ones that mostly post now. I don't have a sportbike now either so don't let that stop you. I figure I put my dues in for 14 years on one anyways.
    If i had more time man i would but the job keeps me busy, we provide an engineering service so when projects and one lines come in it takes me time. I just finished up a half mil quote i've been starring at for the last 3 hours. I don't mind going to the 24 hour near you, lets plan on spring time and ill make it happen once or twice, will have to be on a Sunday cause the wife has classes on Saturday and i goof around with the kiddo.

Townie and knight, that pic is outdated, stop lying to the public, she is an aged hag with 70's styled hair!!