Quote Originally Posted by rockerphotographer View Post
Never meant to say Stoner is faster than Marquez, but I'm not gonna believe that his testing had nothing to do with the current GP success. Yes, Marquez is the great god worth worshipping while he's successful. Once he changes manufacturer and has equal success, I guess I'll lick his ass too like everybody else.

Back to defending EBR EBR never used a sportster engine, that was Buell, which Harley still owns rights to. hah! But for real, you can't compare that old pushrod paper weight with a 6k redline to what EBR has turned the old rotax into. Completely different animal no matter what size.

and No, they don't have a good bike.... yet Once they get the reliability and electronics worked out it still won't be the best, but WILL BE competitive. I think they went too far diving into wsbk for sure, I guess Hero wanted them to do that.... don't know though.

For Ducati, Dovi has shown the top riders that he's a contender. Late 2014 season and off season testing was a success for Ducati, but I guess we'll have to wait and see for this year....
While I agree, Stoner's input has certainly helped Honda and the RC213V. I don't believe he's doing Pedrosa or Marquez any favors in making things easier for them. In a recent interview on Motogp.com he said he's just there to test parts and use the bike based on Pedrosa and Marquez settings. Nothing is really set up for him or his way. Just jumps on the bike and rides it, to test parts and give input on what he thinks of it. Ultimately, the decision to use certain settings, certain parts goes to Pedrosa and Marquez.

I believe HRC have used Stoner more in preparation for the 2016 reset, rather than development of bikes that are going to be obsolete next year. They want their stranglehold on motogp to continue well into the new "Open Bike" era, and I believe that's where he has been providing information.

Dovi, has shown that he's a good racer and a contender for "here and there" podiums. He's not a regular podium threat, nor is he a potential race winner threat and it has to do with that sh*tbox he's riding. Like A. Espagaro, the Open Bikes(Ducati specifically) show great success in testing, practice and qualifying. It's the race that matters and in every race you can see the wheels come off for Ducati. Dovi had several starts where he was strong and so did Iannone. Then the inevitable happens, the top 4 guys have enough of dealing with them, they dispatch them quickly and are off into the distance.

Ducati are what they are and always have been since Stoner left, and that's a midpack bike at best.

As for the EBR, defend it all you want. Until I see one on the podium, then I'll change my mind. Fact is, the EVO Class are the new Superbikes for this year(just as the Open Bikes will be the new "factory" bikes for 2016) and we are still seeing the same bikes at the front. The actual EVO bikes of last year haven't needed to change. So you would think they would be a step up already. Nope, they are right where they were last year and that's at the back.

WSBK is very deceiving because their Superpole's are all over the place. You can have a guy take pole and then end up in 10th, by the same token the guy in 10th for qualifying wins the race. WSBK is more unpredictable than MotoGP. Which is good, it makes for very good racing in WSBK.

Lastly, while testing is good and gives indicators of where the season looks to be heading. We can't get to wound up over testing just yet. We still have Sepang II and Qatar tests to get through. By the end of Qatar tests, I think we'll have a real good idea of how the season will unfold. I mean look at Pedrosa, his race sim was ominous for all the riders on the grid. Ultra consistent and very low laps near 2:01. Thing is, we know that Pedrosa tends to fizzle out in races. He doesn't like to fight and is more of a metronome rider. Him and Lorenzo are great out front, running the race unmolested by other riders. Lorenzo has way more fire in him though and doesn't mind trying to dice it up. Still don't believe he's that great of a dog fighter, the way Rossi and Marquez are.

So we'll see as you said. Personally, I can't wait for the first race in Qatar. At least we have WSBK at Phillip Island this weekend. For me, this is the official kickoff to the 2015 season.