Thread: MCN Fantasy League

MCN Fantasy League

Any interest in doing a CSC fantasy league this year?
    http://mcn.fantasyleague.com
    "Insert clever/inspirational quote here."

I have a couple of bikes, they are fun.

Re: MCN Fantasy League

Yes Please
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

anyone else? we need more than two people in the league...lets get a CSC league together like Rybo did a few years ago. Its fun, its free and it will likely cause you to root for someone maybe you didn't even know about. good times.

So whomever grabs marquez wins the league lol.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

actually everyone in the league can get MM93 if they want, there is some strategy for sure with the budget. Not all of the series have the same amount of points possible.

Yeah man fire it up. Only a couple days til it officially kicks off. Canepa on the EBR in 10th today during the 1st session.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Rybo has started a private league....please join quickly, its about to start!
    PIN: 22709

I'm in. If Marquez threepeats at least I'll be happy

There's a fantasy league for this too? Wtf lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    Yeah man fire it up. Only a couple days til it officially kicks off. Canepa on the EBR in 10th today during the 1st session.
    Yeah I wouldn't get to fired up on Canepa being 10th in testing. The bike was horrendous last year. It really shouldn't be on the grid. I get that they are trying to develop the bike, but someone just needs to go out, tie it to a tree and take a club to the whole Buell racing program. It's got to be embarrassing coming in dead last at every race.

I mean look at Free Practice #1 for Phillip Island. Alex Lowes - 1:30.885 and Larry Pegram - 1:35.160.

You know that's got to suck being almost a full 5 seconds off the pace. We're talking Superbikes and not MotoGP either. 2015 was supposed to bring the Superbikes closer to the EVO class of last year and level things out. Doesn't look like it to me.

Even Troy Bayliss has come out of retirement for Phillip Island(in for Davide Guiliano) and posted a 1:34.060 on a bike that he isn't that familiar with.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't get to fired up on Canepa being 10th in testing. The bike was horrendous last year. It really shouldn't be on the grid. I get that they are trying to develop the bike, but someone just needs to go out, tie it to a tree and take a club to the whole Buell racing program. It's got to be embarrassing coming in dead last at every race.

I mean look at Free Practice #1 for Phillip Island. Alex Lowes - 1:30.885 and Larry Pegram - 1:35.160.

You know that's got to suck being almost a full 5 seconds off the pace. We're talking Superbikes and not MotoGP either. 2015 was supposed to bring the Superbikes closer to the EVO class of last year and level things out. Doesn't look like it to me.

Even Troy Bayliss has come out of retirement for Phillip Island(in for Davide Guiliano) and posted a 1:34.060 on a bike that he isn't that familiar with.
    I'm excited about this season, and as with anything, it's anybody's guess how it will all turn out, though my money is on KRT with Rea winning the championship. As far as EBR is concerned: Who really knows? I will say that Phillip Island is a weird track (much akin to Qatar), I don't think it works well as a benchmark considering Laverty took Round 1 last year on the Suzuki and seemed poised to, at the very least, podium in Round 2 until his motor detonated. So it's really no surprise that the Suzuki is doing well this year. Lowes was pretty fast last year. That is, up until his inevitable crashes.

AFAIK, Bayliss helped develop the Panigale, so I doubt he's as unfamiliar about that bike as you may think. I wonder if they went to Checa first. He'd seem like a much better replacement candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    I'm excited about this season, and as with anything, it's anybody's guess how it will all turn out, though my money is on KRT with Rea winning the championship. As far as EBR is concerned: Who really knows? I will say that Phillip Island is a weird track (much akin to Qatar), I don't think it works well as a benchmark considering Laverty took Round 1 last year on the Suzuki and seemed poised to, at the very least, podium in Round 2 until his motor detonated. So it's really no surprise that the Suzuki is doing well this year. Lowes was pretty fast last year. That is, up until his inevitable crashes.

AFAIK, Bayliss helped develop the Panigale, so I doubt he's as unfamiliar about that bike as you may think. I wonder if they went to Checa first. He'd seem like a much better replacement candidate.
    True, Bayliss may have had a hand in the Panigale. But as with anything, time spent away from the actually week in and week out of racing and staying in that mindset changes people. I dare say that Stoner for all this glory and speed, would have his hands full if he tried to come back and race this season, so say stayed out for one more and then tried for 2016 when the bikes reset. Stoner is fast but I still think he would struggle for top 5. Only reason he'd be top 5 is because the other 4 aliens would occupy 1-4 spots and everyone else is just fighting for 5th.

It's like what Ducati is doing right now. Man the hype around the GP15 is hilarious. I'd be willing to bet that Ducati will still get their asses blown away just like they have for the last 5 years.

And I'm not being a hater or anything, just calling a spade, a spade. Ducati makes crappy MotoGP bikes. They do very well with Superbikes but just can't make a MotoGP bike(but at least they have WSBK). The EBR is just a crappy bike all around. The thing is, I've always been a fan of Buell and liked their direction for their bikes. Problem is, for racing it's a bad direction. I would really like to see an American company doing well in Superbike racing. Just ain't going to happen if they don't change the formula and make a bike with an inline 4, or V4 or etc.. Using a 1200 Sportster motor is not forward thinking, it's "let's find out how fast we can lose" thinking. I get they have changed that to some degree.

I agree, Phillip Island is a very Qatar(ish) type track. Tends to suite those best who go fast and utilize the flowing nature of the track. Laverty was a beast there last year, coming back up through the field to the front. Yeah round 2 I was expecting the same til the engine failure.

Hopefully Lowes gets his feet. He didn't crash that much in British Superbikes but did have some spills. They all do though, Shakey Byrnes crashes, as well as Kiyonari. Though seems when the latter two crash they are bad but have less frequent crashes. Lowes crashed more(especially in WSBK) but just bounces back, he always seemed to have lucky crashes.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    There's a fantasy league for this too? Wtf lol
    Even MMA just got a fantasy league....finally one I know. https://www.draftkings.com/
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Your right, an American made sport bike getting 10th in a WSBK practice is nothing to be proud of. They should pack up immediately and close up shop....

Canepa is a great addition. I guarantee you the only way he will finish last is if he crashes. Top 13 for sure, maybe a top ten here n there. EBR is greatly improving not only their bikes, but the choice in riders as well. As Rossi and Burgess made hugely known, it's just as much rider as it is bike.
    Last edited by kawasakirob; Fri Feb 20th, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

I know it's easy, but you guys are bashing too hard on EBR. It's not like they have a huge budget or the best rider. Pegram had a cool tv show and all that, nice family man, but he's old and has a terrible body position. Speaking of family, he has a reason to live. He's not gonna risk everything to bring EBR to the top. He is experienced though, and that's what they need right now. No different than today's so called "slow" Casey Stoner. Don't forget, Casey still tests for Honda, and Marquez should be publicly thanking Stoner for his success.

And what's wrong with top 10? If I was 10th in wsbk I'd be killing myself via alcohol poisoning....

Senior Member Moderator

True, Bayliss may have had a hand in the Panigale. But as with anything, time spent away from the actually week in and week out of racing and staying in that mindset changes people. I dare say that Stoner for all this glory and speed, would have his hands full if he tried to come back and race this season, so say stayed out for one more and then tried for 2016 when the bikes reset. Stoner is fast but I still think he would struggle for top 5. Only reason he'd be top 5 is because the other 4 aliens would occupy 1-4 spots and everyone else is just fighting for 5th.

It's like what Ducati is doing right now. Man the hype around the GP15 is hilarious. I'd be willing to bet that Ducati will still get their asses blown away just like they have for the last 5 years.

And I'm not being a hater or anything, just calling a spade, a spade. Ducati makes crappy MotoGP bikes. They do very well with Superbikes but just can't make a MotoGP bike(but at least they have WSBK). The EBR is just a crappy bike all around. The thing is, I've always been a fan of Buell and liked their direction for their bikes. Problem is, for racing it's a bad direction. I would really like to see an American company doing well in Superbike racing. Just ain't going to happen if they don't change the formula and make a bike with an inline 4, or V4 or etc.. Using a 1200 Sportster motor is not forward thinking, it's "let's find out how fast we can lose" thinking. I get they have changed that to some degree.

I agree, Phillip Island is a very Qatar(ish) type track. Tends to suite those best who go fast and utilize the flowing nature of the track. Laverty was a beast there last year, coming back up through the field to the front. Yeah round 2 I was expecting the same til the engine failure.

Hopefully Lowes gets his feet. He didn't crash that much in British Superbikes but did have some spills. They all do though, Shakey Byrnes crashes, as well as Kiyonari. Though seems when the latter two crash they are bad but have less frequent crashes. Lowes crashed more(especially in WSBK) but just bounces back, he always seemed to have lucky crashes.
    It's understandable that any rider returning to professional racing following years away from the competition may find themselves struggling with a large learning curve and Bayliss is no exception. I also realize that you were only using Bayliss' times in FP1 at Phillip Island to further lay criticism at EBR's feet.

So, here's a couple questions: What's the big deal that EBR is not performing as well as the other, much larger, manufacturers? You do realize that the bike is still pretty much brand new, and this is only the 1190RX's second season in WSBK, right?

To make sure I am understanding you correctly, it's the fact that EBR are still using a v-twin power plant that makes the 1190RX a crappy bike, yes? Just for clarification, the 1190RX's engine isn't from a Harley Sportster. It's a bored-out 1125 Rotax (Austrian) motor. Before Aprilia developed their own V4, they were also using Rotax engines in their RSV Mille, RSV 1000R, and Tuono bikes with great success. So I don't really see how EBR are behind the times by outsourcing their engines until they have the financial success, like Aprilia, to develop their own. Seems pretty smart to me. But if your gripe is simply a desire to see v-twins disappear in favor of 4-cylinder machines, then I don't know what to tell you. I like the v-twin, and while I may see the constant need of higher-displacement v-twins in order to keep up with the fours as being somewhat problematic, I would hardly fault any motorcycle company for trying to make something different work rather than just become another cookie-cutter 4-cylinder manufacturer, but that's just my opinion.

On to Ducati:
    You say you're not hating on them, but just before you say that you are laughing because people are excited about the new GP15. Should people not be excited about it? Since Luigi Dall'igna joined Ducati Corse I have been watching them with interest, and I haven't been let down yet. The GP14, and 14.2 made huge strides to break away from the near-unrideable bike it was, into something that was actually beginning to perform rather well by the end of 2014. At Sepang 1 the GP14.3 under Iannone was faster than Rossi and Lorenzo. Now, we won't know anything about the GP15 until the Sepang 2 tests, and moreso as this season progresses, so I'll wait until I see something tangible before making assumptions. Furthermore, Dall'igna has stated that the primary goal for 2015 is to win a race. They will still be using their open-class concessions in order to continue developing the bike into something competitive. Some people may think that Ducati is trying to exploit the system in order to get wins, but I see it as a path they need to take in order to ensure they can one day compete with Honda and Yamaha on equal terms, something they haven't been able to do for quite some time. I can't say that I know what hopes the Ducati fans may be expressing, but I do listen to what Dall'igna has to say, and he has said that things are getting better. That's good enough for me, and as far as I'm concerned, the more manufacturers that can be competitive in MotoGP, the better! I could not care less to see the podiums populated solely by Honda and Yamaha Riders.

Here's my take on your contempt for Ducati Corse. First, that Rossi joined them and it nearly ended his career. Yes, the bike was bad, and yes, Rossi couldn't ride it well enough to make a difference, nor did Ducati Corse take Rossi's feedback into account. We get it, and I can understand your frustration, but lighten up, it's not the same company now that Dall'igna is on board. Second: The only thing a faster Ducati will do now is add another points contender that could possibly hinder Rossi from winning another championship. Ducati messing things up for Rossi's over-inflated championship prospects again!? Heavens forbid! :P
    Last edited by Drano; Sat Feb 21st, 2015 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Because I can't type to save my life today!

Quote Originally Posted by rockerphotographer View Post
    I know it's easy, but you guys are bashing too hard on EBR. It's not like they have a huge budget or the best rider. Pegram had a cool tv show and all that, nice family man, but he's old and has a terrible body position. Speaking of family, he has a reason to live. He's not gonna risk everything to bring EBR to the top. He is experienced though, and that's what they need right now. No different than today's so called "slow" Casey Stoner. Don't forget, Casey still tests for Honda, and Marquez should be publicly thanking Stoner for his success.

And what's wrong with top 10? If I was 10th in wsbk I'd be killing myself via alcohol poisoning....
    I don't think Marquez needs to thank Stoner for anything publicly. Except maybe, thanks for leaving Honda.

First, HRC will not release Stoner's lap times in any of the testing he's done. He tested the RCV1000R and was it(the bike)quoted with being only .3's off the RC213V(by Honda staff). Well we all see how that panned out last year with the release of the RCV1000R. 3's?? More like 3 seconds off the pace. But that's neither here nor there.

Casey is slow compared to Marquez. He's also slow compared to Pedrosa, Lorenzo and Rossi. I guarantee you, if he were to come back to racing. He'd have a very hard time competing with the top four aliens and would be fighting off Ducati and the quicker satellite bikes. He would get faster, and in a year he'd be back up to riding with the top four. But don't think for a moment he'd show up and set lap records.

I respect Stoner and he was one of the fastest guys I've seen in racing. However, Marquez would easily slap him down today.

It's understandable that any rider returning to professional racing following years away from the competition may find themselves struggling with a large learning curve and Bayliss is no exception. I also realize that you were only using Bayliss' times in FP1 at Phillip Island to further lay criticism at EBR's feet.

So, here's a couple questions: What's the big deal that EBR is not performing as well as the other, much larger, manufacturers? You do realize that the bike is still pretty much brand new, and this is only the 1190RX's second season in WSBK, right?

To make sure I am understanding you correctly, it's the fact that EBR are still using a v-twin power plant that makes the 1190RX a crappy bike, yes? Just for clarification, the 1190RX's engine isn't from a Harley Sportster. It's a bored-out 1125 Rotax (Austrian) motor. Before Aprilia developed their own V4, they were also using Rotax engines in their RSV Mille, RSV 1000R, and Tuono bikes with great success. So I don't really see how EBR are behind the times by outsourcing their engines until they have the financial success, like Aprilia, to develop their own. Seems pretty smart to me. But if your gripe is simply a desire to see v-twin disappear in favor of 4-cylinder machines, then I don't know what to tell you. I like the v-twin, and while I may see the constant need of higher-displacement v-twins in order to keep up with the fours as being somewhat problematic, I would hardly fault any motorcycle company for trying to make something different work rather than just become another cookie-cutter 4-cylinder manufacturer, but that's just my opinion.

On to Ducati:
    You say you're not hating on them, but just before you say that you are laughing because people are excited about the new GP15. Should people not be excited about it? Since Luigi Dall'igna joined Ducati Corse I have been watching them with interest, and I haven't been let down yet. The GP14, and 14.2 made huge strides to break away from the near-unrideable bike it was, into something that was actually beginning to perform rather well by the end of 2014. At Sepang 1 the GP14.3 under Iannone was faster than Rossi and Lorenzo. Now, we won't know anything about the GP15 until the Sepang 2 tests, and moreso as this season progresses, so I'll wait until I see something tangible before making assumptions. Furthermore, Dall'igna has stated that the primary goal for 2015 is to win a race. They will still be using their open-class concessions in order to continue developing the bike into something competitive. Some people may think that Ducati is trying to exploit the system in order to get wins, but I see it as a path they need to take in order to ensure they can one day compete with Honda and Yamaha on equal terms, something they haven't been able to do for quite some time. I can't say that I know what hopes the Ducati fans may be expressing, but I do listen to what Dall'igna has to say, and he has said that things are getting better. That's good enough for me, and as far as I'm concerned, the more manufacturers that can be competitive MotoGP, the better! I could not care less to see the podiums populated solely by Honda and Yamaha Riders.

Here's my take on your contempt for Ducati Corse. First, that Rossi joined them and it nearly ended his career. Yes, the bike was bad, and yes, Rossi couldn't ride it well enough to make a difference, nor did Ducati Corse take Rossi's feedback into account. We get it, and I can understand your frustration, but lighten up, it's not the same company now that Dall'igna is on board. Second: The only thing a faster Ducati will do now is add another points contender that could possibly hinder Rossi from winning another championship. Ducati messing things up for Rossi's championship prospecs again!? Heavens forbid! :P
    Look I get it, you love the EBR. However, I'm not a fan of the bike and I'm not of a fan of their technology. Just because something is cutting edge, doesn't make it class leading and class winning. Look at Formula 1 last year. Those V6's were all brand new design and cutting edge. Yet if you didn't have Mercedes on your car, you were going all of no where.

It's about making a package that works. It's about making a competitive package and one that can produce results. Yes I understand that they aren't using a crusty old 1200 Sportster motor in them today. They did start from there though and have basically stuck with the V-Twin in that "CC" size.

I have nothing against VTwins in racing or racing side by side with 4 cylinder machines. Makes for good competitive racing for the most part. The RC51 did quite well in the AMA when it was out, as well as in WSBK. Loved that bike and it was a good machine.

On To Ducati:
    Wow, Iannone was faster than Rossi and Lorenzo. Wonderful, using the "soft" option tire. I'm sorry but I don't consider that an achievement. Look at Aleix E., he was a beast on the customer M1 last year, but only in practice and qualifying(where that "soft" option tire helped). Where was he in the race?? Oh that's right, back with all the Ducati's and RCV1000R's.

Dude come on, call a spade a spade. You can't honestly sit there and tell me Ducati is on the rise, when they've needed concessions to make their improvements. Dovi has less podiums on the Ducati than Rossi, and Rossi at least earned his without concessions. Even, Nicky Hayden earned his podiums with Ducati the right way.

I'll also disagree with you thinking I believe Ducati is exploiting the system. I don't think they are exploiting it at all. They are using the rules to their benefit just as Honda or Yamaha could have. What I will say is it was Ducati's only choice in order to benefit from engine development. Because in the past apparently when the Winter season hit, everyone at Ducati went home and forgot to develop the bike through the Winter months.

The disdain I have for Ducati starts well before Rossi joining them(I will agree that was a bad move and a bad look for him. He should have never even let that decision cross him mind). It starts back when they had Stoner. How can you go from winning 10 races in 07, to 6 in 08, 4 in 09, and 3 in '10?? All the while having a great talent like Stoner riding for you?? Granted the other factories caught up to Ducati. Ducati however, decided it was better to stagnate than evolve/develop their bike. They didn't listen to Stoner when he wanted to help develop the bike. The bike progressively got worse and harder to ride. They didn't listen to Hayden on what he thought. We all know they didn't listen to Rossi.

As far as Ducati posing a threat to Rossi's 10th title chase, yeah that's not going to happen. For Rossi fans it's a great dream of him getting that 10th title. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen unless he can really take it to Marquez and fend off Lorenzo. Still though, Rossi has a better chance of earning his 10th title, than worrying about Ducati taking points away from him. And by the way, he has competition to deal with in the form of Marquez.

The only thing that can mess up Rossi's title chance is Marquez or Lorenzo. Ducati ain't even a zit on the ass of MotoGP racing.

I'm honestly looking forward to the progress that Suzuki and Aprilia will be making. Since they've(Suzuki) been away from MotoGP I'm very pleased with their development. Aprilia is right there and coming strong too. They just need some more time. Hell I'm looking forward to KTM joining in 2017, hopefully that will coax Kawasaki back and bring BMW into the mix.

I'm with you, I enjoy seeing more manufactures in the MotoGP and building good bikes. Everyone but Ducati. If Ducati never wins another race, that will suit me just fine and I'll have a big smile on my face. I don't enjoy seeing any team/manufacture fail, except for Ducati. I get great enjoyment when they are really sucking it up...

P.S.
    and before you come back at me and ask why do I not like Ducati so much. Just know that I don't. Don't ask why, just accept it for what is. The same way you get irritated at Aaron and his need for cool gadgets on his bike. Is the same way I get irritated with the very presence of Ducati in MotoGP. I just don't like them, and never will. I also hate seeing good riders go to that team only to lose. Yeah, they don't lose in the wallet but they lose in racing results. I need only Crutchlow to prove my point. Dude went from getting podiums and poles on Tech 3 to sucking major hind tit on the Ducati.

SO DON'T TELL ME THEY HAVE A GOOD BIKE!! IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat Feb 21st, 2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: p.s.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Never meant to say Stoner is faster than Marquez, but I'm not gonna believe that his testing had nothing to do with the current GP success. Yes, Marquez is the great god worth worshipping while he's successful. Once he changes manufacturer and has equal success, I guess I'll lick his ass too like everybody else.

Back to defending EBR EBR never used a sportster engine, that was Buell, which Harley still owns rights to. hah! But for real, you can't compare that old pushrod paper weight with a 6k redline to what EBR has turned the old rotax into. Completely different animal no matter what size.

and No, they don't have a good bike.... yet Once they get the reliability and electronics worked out it still won't be the best, but WILL BE competitive. I think they went too far diving into wsbk for sure, I guess Hero wanted them to do that.... don't know though.

For Ducati, Dovi has shown the top riders that he's a contender. Late 2014 season and off season testing was a success for Ducati, but I guess we'll have to wait and see for this year....
    Last edited by rockerphotographer; Sat Feb 21st, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerphotographer View Post
    Never meant to say Stoner is faster than Marquez, but I'm not gonna believe that his testing had nothing to do with the current GP success. Yes, Marquez is the great god worth worshipping while he's successful. Once he changes manufacturer and has equal success, I guess I'll lick his ass too like everybody else.

Back to defending EBR EBR never used a sportster engine, that was Buell, which Harley still owns rights to. hah! But for real, you can't compare that old pushrod paper weight with a 6k redline to what EBR has turned the old rotax into. Completely different animal no matter what size.

and No, they don't have a good bike.... yet Once they get the reliability and electronics worked out it still won't be the best, but WILL BE competitive. I think they went too far diving into wsbk for sure, I guess Hero wanted them to do that.... don't know though.

For Ducati, Dovi has shown the top riders that he's a contender. Late 2014 season and off season testing was a success for Ducati, but I guess we'll have to wait and see for this year....
    While I agree, Stoner's input has certainly helped Honda and the RC213V. I don't believe he's doing Pedrosa or Marquez any favors in making things easier for them. In a recent interview on Motogp.com he said he's just there to test parts and use the bike based on Pedrosa and Marquez settings. Nothing is really set up for him or his way. Just jumps on the bike and rides it, to test parts and give input on what he thinks of it. Ultimately, the decision to use certain settings, certain parts goes to Pedrosa and Marquez.

I believe HRC have used Stoner more in preparation for the 2016 reset, rather than development of bikes that are going to be obsolete next year. They want their stranglehold on motogp to continue well into the new "Open Bike" era, and I believe that's where he has been providing information.

Dovi, has shown that he's a good racer and a contender for "here and there" podiums. He's not a regular podium threat, nor is he a potential race winner threat and it has to do with that sh*tbox he's riding. Like A. Espagaro, the Open Bikes(Ducati specifically) show great success in testing, practice and qualifying. It's the race that matters and in every race you can see the wheels come off for Ducati. Dovi had several starts where he was strong and so did Iannone. Then the inevitable happens, the top 4 guys have enough of dealing with them, they dispatch them quickly and are off into the distance.

Ducati are what they are and always have been since Stoner left, and that's a midpack bike at best.

As for the EBR, defend it all you want. Until I see one on the podium, then I'll change my mind. Fact is, the EVO Class are the new Superbikes for this year(just as the Open Bikes will be the new "factory" bikes for 2016) and we are still seeing the same bikes at the front. The actual EVO bikes of last year haven't needed to change. So you would think they would be a step up already. Nope, they are right where they were last year and that's at the back.

WSBK is very deceiving because their Superpole's are all over the place. You can have a guy take pole and then end up in 10th, by the same token the guy in 10th for qualifying wins the race. WSBK is more unpredictable than MotoGP. Which is good, it makes for very good racing in WSBK.

Lastly, while testing is good and gives indicators of where the season looks to be heading. We can't get to wound up over testing just yet. We still have Sepang II and Qatar tests to get through. By the end of Qatar tests, I think we'll have a real good idea of how the season will unfold. I mean look at Pedrosa, his race sim was ominous for all the riders on the grid. Ultra consistent and very low laps near 2:01. Thing is, we know that Pedrosa tends to fizzle out in races. He doesn't like to fight and is more of a metronome rider. Him and Lorenzo are great out front, running the race unmolested by other riders. Lorenzo has way more fire in him though and doesn't mind trying to dice it up. Still don't believe he's that great of a dog fighter, the way Rossi and Marquez are.

So we'll see as you said. Personally, I can't wait for the first race in Qatar. At least we have WSBK at Phillip Island this weekend. For me, this is the official kickoff to the 2015 season.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yep, happy 2015 has kicked off. It's been a long off-season....

Senior Member Moderator

Look I get it, you love the EBR. However, I'm not a fan of the bike and I'm not of a fan of their technology.
    I don't think I ever said that I loved the EBR. In fact, I think, using Jeremy Clarkson's words, "It's uglier than a war wound." But, just like anybody else with the internet, I can find reviews of the EBR and find that they are more positive than negative.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/13...pecifications/
    http://www.gizmag.com/ebr-1190rx-rev...ad-test/33187/
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...azine-feature/

The thing is, I have mad respect for any company who decides to toss their hat into the ring against giants. I can forgive them for having some work to do, and for being slower. If, by racing in WSBK, they are able to develop a better bike for the consumer, then I say, "Have at it!"

On To Ducati:
    Wow, Iannone was faster than Rossi and Lorenzo. Wonderful, using the "soft" option tire. I'm sorry but I don't consider that an achievement. Look at Aleix E., he was a beast on the customer M1 last year, but only in practice and qualifying(where that "soft" option tire helped). Where was he in the race?? Oh that's right, back with all the Ducati's and RCV1000R's.

Dude come on, call a spade a spade. You can't honestly sit there and tell me Ducati is on the rise, when they've needed concessions to make their improvements. Dovi has less podiums on the Ducati than Rossi, and Rossi at least earned his without concessions. Even, Nicky Hayden earned his podiums with Ducati the right way.

I'll also disagree with you thinking I believe Ducati is exploiting the system. I don't think they are exploiting it at all. They are using the rules to their benefit just as Honda or Yamaha could have. What I will say is it was Ducati's only choice in order to benefit from engine development. Because in the past apparently when the Winter season hit, everyone at Ducati went home and forgot to develop the bike through the Winter months.

The disdain I have for Ducati starts well before Rossi joining them(I will agree that was a bad move and a bad look for him. He should have never even let that decision cross him mind). It starts back when they had Stoner. How can you go from winning 10 races in 07, to 6 in 08, 4 in 09, and 3 in '10?? All the while having a great talent like Stoner riding for you?? Granted the other factories caught up to Ducati. Ducati however, decided it was better to stagnate than evolve/develop their bike. They didn't listen to Stoner when he wanted to help develop the bike. The bike progressively got worse and harder to ride. They didn't listen to Hayden on what he thought. We all know they didn't listen to Rossi.

As far as Ducati posing a threat to Rossi's 10th title chase, yeah that's not going to happen. For Rossi fans it's a great dream of him getting that 10th title. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen unless he can really take it to Marquez and fend off Lorenzo. Still though, Rossi has a better chance of earning his 10th title, than worrying about Ducati taking points away from him. And by the way, he has competition to deal with in the form of Marquez.

The only thing that can mess up Rossi's title chance is Marquez or Lorenzo. Ducati ain't even a zit on the ass of MotoGP racing.

I'm with you, I enjoy seeing more manufactures in the MotoGP and building good bikes. Everyone but Ducati. If Ducati never wins another race, that will suit me just fine and I'll have a big smile on my face. I don't enjoy seeing any team/manufacture fail, except for Ducati. I get great enjoyment when they are really sucking it up...

P.S.
    and before you come back at me and ask why do I not like Ducati so much. Just know that I don't. Don't ask why, just accept it for what is. The same way you get irritated at Aaron and his need for cool gadgets on his bike. Is the same way I get irritated with the very presence of Ducati in MotoGP. I just don't like them, and never will. I also hate seeing good riders go to that team only to lose. Yeah, they don't lose in the wallet but they lose in racing results. I need only Crutchlow to prove my point. Dude went from getting podiums and poles on Tech 3 to sucking major hind tit on the Ducati.

SO DON'T TELL ME THEY HAVE A GOOD BIKE!! IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

In fact I don't have to ask if you hate (wait, I mean "dislike") Ducati, I can read between the lines enough to see that you do. Bias is bias regardless of the spin you try to put on it, and as such, I give your remarks concerning Ducati a lot less weight. The issue is that all of your disdain for Ducati stems from the failures of their past. Granted, it's very easy to predict future performance based from past performance. But in motorsports that's not the case. All it takes is one breakthrough, such as the Yamaha M1, or the Desmosedici GP7, and a good rider to change the game. As I'm sure you well know, winning in MotoGP requires a near-perfect marriage between rider and machine. You can have a fast bike, but with a mediocre rider you'll get nowhere fast, and vice-versa.

You tell me to, "call a spade a spade", but here's the thing, I don't disagree with you that Ducati's GP bikes, since 2008, have been on the downward trend compared to the other manufacturers. This was entirely the fault of Ducati's corporate structure, and their resistance to change designs to better suit the rider's needs. They expected their riders to change rather than change the bike. It was a colossal failure and created a lot of bad blood. I doubt anybody here would argue otherwise. Also, I haven't said Ducati has a good bike, I said that I believe it is getting better, and it's posting times to prove it. Last year their gap to the front got less and less as the season progressed, and they weren't back with the other opens, they were with the satellite and occasionally with the factory bikes, whereas in 2013 they were back with the CRTs. So yes, I believe they are getting better, even if you're too blinded by bias to recognize that, even if you don't think they're doing it the "right way". Yeah, it sucks that they need to run in the open category, but without the concessions, it would likely be the same-old, same old. I think there's hardly anyone in the racing community that wants to see Ducati continue to struggle. Well, except you, obviously, who delights in the failures of others. :P

As far as Ducati's future is concerned, I do think Ducati is moving in the right direction with Dall'igna at its helm. Unlike you, I don't claim to know what the GP15 will do until I see some numbers. I can patiently wait until the 2015 racing season is over before I judge whether they have improved or not. Do I want to see them dominating the podiums? Not so much as I simply want them to be a real contender in the same way I want Suzuki and Aprilia to get there as well. Like you, I'd love to see Kawasaki come back, and BMW enter the ranks. It makes for better racing all around. So I'll cheer Ducati's successes, because I want them to have a good bike, and good riders, and make racing more enjoyable rather than watching Marquez winning, with Lorenzo, Rossi, and Pedrosa battling it out race after race for the leftovers.

So, nope, I'm not going to admit that the Ducati is a piece of crap. It's still leaps and bounds better than anything you or I will ever get our hands on, and I think you'll eventually have a few more tears in your beer on race day as Ducati gets continually better.

I don't think I ever said that I loved the EBR. In fact, I think, using Jeremy Clarkson's words, "It's uglier than a war wound." But, just like anybody else with the internet, I can find reviews of the EBR and find that they are more positive than negative.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/13...pecifications/
    http://www.gizmag.com/ebr-1190rx-rev...ad-test/33187/
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...azine-feature/

The thing is, I have mad respect for any company who decides to toss their hat into the ring against giants. I can forgive them for having some work to do, and for being slower. If, by racing in WSBK, they are able to develop a better bike for the consumer, then I say, "Have at it!"

In fact I don't have to ask if you hate (wait, I mean "dislike") Ducati, I can read between the lines enough to see that you do. Bias is bias regardless of the spin you try to put on it, and as such, I give your remarks concerning Ducati a lot less weight. The issue is that all of your disdain for Ducati stems from the failures of their past. Granted, it's very easy to predict future performance based from past performance. But in motorsports that's not the case. All it takes is one breakthrough, such as the Yamaha M1, or the Desmosedici GP7, and a good rider to change the game. As I'm sure you well know, winning in MotoGP requires a near-perfect marriage between rider and machine. You can have a fast bike, but with a mediocre rider you'll get nowhere fast, and vice-versa.

You tell me to, "call a spade a spade", but here's the thing, I don't disagree with you that Ducati's GP bikes, since 2008, have been on the downward trend compared to the other manufacturers. This was entirely the fault of Ducati's corporate structure, and their resistance to change designs to better suit the rider's needs. They expected their riders to change rather than change the bike. It was a colossal failure and created a lot of bad blood. I doubt anybody here would argue otherwise. Also, I haven't said Ducati has a good bike, I said that I believe it is getting better, and it's posting times to prove it. Last year their gap to the front got less and less as the season progressed, and they weren't back with the other opens, they were with the satellite and occasionally with the factory bikes, whereas in 2013 they were back with the CRTs. So yes, I believe they are getting better, even if you're too blinded by bias to recognize that, even if you don't think they're doing it the "right way". Yeah, it sucks that they need to run in the open category, but without the concessions, it would likely be the same-old, same old. I think there's hardly anyone in the racing community that wants to see Ducati continue to struggle. Well, except you, obviously, who delights in the failures of others. :P

As far as Ducati's future is concerned, I do think Ducati is moving in the right direction with Dall'igna at its helm. Unlike you, I don't claim to know what the GP15 will do until I see some numbers. I can patiently wait until the 2015 racing season is over before I judge whether they have improved or not. Do I want to see them dominating the podiums? Not so much as I simply want them to be a real contender in the same way I want Suzuki and Aprilia to get there as well. Like you, I'd love to see Kawasaki come back, and BMW enter the ranks. It makes for better racing all around. So I'll cheer Ducati's successes, because I want them to have a good bike, and good riders, and make racing more enjoyable rather than watching Marquez winning, with Lorenzo, Rossi, and Pedrosa battling it out race after race for the leftovers.

So, nope, I'm not going to admit that the Ducati is a piece of crap. It's still leaps and bounds better than anything you or I will ever get our hands on, and I think you'll eventually have a few more tears in your beer on race day as Ducati gets continually better.

Bahahahahahaha...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

EBR was in the points running around in 15th until Canepa crashed out. What's a bummer is he fractured his leg. If he would have finished an overtaken 14th(riders name escapes me) that would have been an absolutely epic moment for EBR. Overall they have drastically improved over last season. One only needs to look at the lap times to distinguish that fact. I have a bottle of champagne waiting to be popped once they get their first top 10....which I believe will be this season.

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69