Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: health care thread

Re: health care thread

[QUOTE=Kim-n-Dean;767415]Get a vasectomy. I did about fifteen years ago. Best thing I ever did!! Why put the female through the hormones (oral birth control), surgery (tubes tied) or implants (IUDs) that can cause damage when they move around?!?

QUOTE]

Ha! That's the plan but we've only had 1 kid and we want a 2nd. After #2 we plan to stop and then it's snip snip.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Lots of good information. Some of it pisses me off though... Its horse shit that plans can vary as much as they do. Company A seems to cup their employees balls and company B seems to pass the bulk of the cost, as well picking a shitty plan, off to their employees.

What the fluck ever. I enjoyed paying almost $10k last year.

For profit health care can suck it.
    Every employer had insurance rates go up....some just chose to take the hit and others turned it on us. Barn is on of few I have heard that took the loss as a company.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Until the medical industry has its exemptions from anti-competitive laws (like Robinson-Patman and the Sherman and Clayton Acts) rescinded, all of this is just shifting deck chairs on the Titanic. The real problem wasn't solved by Obamacare. It just brought more pockets into the game for the medical industry to pick.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Until the medical industry has its exemptions from anti-competitive laws (like Robinson-Patman and the Sherman and Clayton Acts) rescinded, all of this is just shifting deck chairs on the Titanic. The real problem wasn't solved by Obamacare. It just brought more pockets into the game for the medical industry to pick.
    Could you explain this a little more, such as how they violate these laws and what could be done to fix it? I looked them all up again real quick, but did not see anything that popped out.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nice...maybe it was the deep tissue massage then. Something was not covered and I was annoyed; did this like 3 months ago. Sorry I did not mean to say Aetna is not good, but it all comes down to checking what you will use them for; that is what I did and all the current things covered under UHC were not covered under Aetna, but Cigna covered them. Probably comes down to personal preference at that point.

Either way you have a great plan man! Ten years ago I also had no deductible but every year it has increased and I am at a $350 one now. Your company seems to actually care about their employees and that is rare.

A MIR is a totally different ballgame though because that machine does cost a lot to use; giant magnet that is expensive to run. What I meant is you go in for a shot and they bill insurance $120 when we all know that is a bit crazy; diabetics give themselves shots daily and is not that hard. So I just meant that was all passed on through the years till we got to this point. How do they say it "shit rolls downhill" so you better believe doctors/hospitals are going to recoup money any way they can.
    No no no. Its the same thing. And it still costs the same. Not to mention how often people are denied proper medical care just to "save money".

I don't give a damn about insurance companies and what cost is thrown at them. They are a big part of why our healthcare is so jacked up. So if anything they need to be hit harder.

Its not just a shot. Everything in healthcare is massively overpriced. EVERYTHING! Its why I don't go see a doctor when I get a cold. If I'm not bleeding to death I'm not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Get a vasectomy.

Boy, have I heard some lame ass excuses on why a man won't get a vasectomy!!! Too many to list... Pussies!!

AMEN!!!!
    Dude, no man wants to fire blanks....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    From what I've heard, you don't technically fire blanks, there is still an ejaculation, it just doesn't have the sperm cells in it. *The More You Know!*

I'll say this much: If my wife wasn't holding out hope that she may eventually want to have children I'd have had the procedure performed before the wedding! When it comes to kids, I'm indifferent. I'm happy without them, but if she wanted them I wouldn't protest, I'd just try to be the best dad I can be.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Feb 17th, 2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Added clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    From what I've heard, you don't technically fire blanks, there is still an ejaculation, it just doesn't have the sperm cells in it. *The More You Know!*

I'll say this much: If my wife wasn't holding out hope that she may eventually want to have children I'd have had the procedure performed before the wedding! When it comes to kids, I'm indifferent. I'm happy without them, but if she wanted them I wouldn't protest, I'd just try to be the best dad I can be.
    Thats more or less how I always felt. Now that I'm a dad and River is about to turn a year old I can tell you there's just something about being a father. It's very rewarding so far and I wouldn't go back.

I love being a daddy and I'm sure you would/will too.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    It's amazing how many people think "it doesn't work anymore"!! If you could fill a gallon jug, you would lose maybe 1/100th of an ounce after a vasectomy. There's no difference in the volume of the wad you toss on her face. She's gonna have to clean up the same mess whether or not you've had a vasectomy.
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Wed Feb 18th, 2015 at 08:59 AM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Im guessing you dont have kids...
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Add tort reform to that solution as well. 11 cents of every health care dollar goes to litigation. That right there would be enough to cover almost everyone in the country currently without insurance.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

My take,

Having a Vasectomy is fucking great, do it whenever and wherever the fuck you want with no risk of getting your lady friend preggers and having an oops that puts a dent in your bank and life (the difference between a planned kid and not is huge).....nothing wrong with that! As it was noted getting a Vasectomy does not effect the gobblty goop you require to give that special someone a Pirate, it just means there are no active swimmers in your shame you look at on the toilet paper after a good rubbin.

I would put my input on healthcare but i have been fortunate pretty much my whole life, i was in the military for 4 years so any medical expense does not exist, i get injured i walk in get treated and walk out. As well because i am a disabled vet being injured in the field the VA covers me for any major surgeries that may arise, (have not needed to exercise that and dont plan to).

I am not in the military any longer however i now work for a Family owned company that is not publicly traded offers profit sharing and covers healthcare for every single one of its employees. I only pay the co-pay of $30 when myself wife of kid have to see the doc. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Gloating done have a nice day

Gold Member

Hahahaha I don't think bk was saying nothing comes out. More along the lines of that risk factor makes it... Well... Yeah...

And good god people you all have shorter attention spans than I do.

Motorcycle trailer to healthercare. Healthcare to vasectomies.

How about hockey? Can that be next? Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Hahahaha I don't think bk was saying nothing comes out. More along the lines of that risk factor makes it... Well... Yeah...

And good god people you all have shorter attention spans than I do.

Motorcycle trailer to healthercare. Healthcare to vasectomies.

How about hockey? Can that be next? Lol!!
    I know but it was too funny not to type.

This escalated quickly
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

This really shows how messed up our healthcare is; most expensive but ranks dead last of ten countries. USA and their "for profit" healthcare

It’s fairly well accepted that the U.S. is the most expensive healthcare system in the world, but many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes). The evidence, however, clearly doesn’t support that view.
    1. United Kingdom
    2. Switzerland
    3. Sweden
    4. Australia
    5. Germany & Netherlands (tied)
    7. New Zealand & Norway (tied)
    9. France
    10. Canada
    11. United States
    More here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro...her-countries/

Another great article on:
    How the U.S. Health Care System Compares Internationally <-click Dead last of all the wealthy countries

Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 18th, 2015 at 09:49 AM.

So now let's look at the #1; United Kingdom healthcare http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/.../overview.aspx

The NHS was launched in 1948.
    It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – a principle that remains at its core. With the exception of some charges, such asprescriptions and optical and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for anyone who is a UK resident. That is currently more than 64.1 million people in the UK and 53.9 million people in England alone.

Healthcare in this country sucks dude, all about the benjamins and not actual Healthcare. You go to a doctor and unless you're dying they won't act on things as they should. My mom went for an ongoing knee problem, they kept saying there's nothing wrong, just take advil and you'll be fine, knee problem persisted and they kept saying the same even with further exams and x-ray. One of my uncle friends came up to visit as he does every year, he's a doctor back home and without any equipment he knew exactly what it was, one of her tendons is shorter on that leg than the other causing the severe swelling she kept experiencing on that leg. 4 visits and they refused to say what the problem was, just wanted to keep bleeding my mom dry of her hard earned money. It's bullshit.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

The United Kingdom?

When I lived over there last year, I had a few run ins with the NHS. If you're not falling apart, you get nothing. I had a violent cough for 3 months. Every time I went in, it was "come back in a few weeks if it's still bothering you". They just ignore it. When I fell on my hand snowboarding, they said since I can still type (aka do my job), they won't do anything. Come back in a month if it still hurts. No checking to see if it's broken, or that it's all set correctly.

I'd rather spend as much as I do on US healthcare and know that I can make sure my bones are set correctly before they heal and permanently fuck me up. over there it just becomes, "oh yea that one time I wrecked my bike, that's how I got this limp that's completely fixable but unnecessary. It's ok, I can't do the outdoor activities I used to, but I can still do my job so cheers!"

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Healthcare in this country sucks dude, all about the benjamins and not actual Healthcare. You go to a doctor and unless you're dying they won't act on things as they should. My mom went for an ongoing knee problem, they kept saying there's nothing wrong, just take advil and you'll be fine, knee problem persisted and they kept saying the same even with further exams and x-ray. One of my uncle friends came up to visit as he does every year, he's a doctor back home and without any equipment he knew exactly what it was, one of her tendons is shorter on that leg than the other causing the severe swelling she kept experiencing on that leg. 4 visits and they refused to say what the problem was, just wanted to keep bleeding my mom dry of her hard earned money. It's bullshit.
    I hear you man. I went nearly a year with sinus infection every month because I had broken my nose so many times before and was obvious I had a deviated septum (you could see it was crooked and I could not breathe out my nose). Took me a year of jumping through hoops before the insurance would approve the surgery. I had to show constant sinus infections that would not go away with antibiotics. Then after months of being sick they finally ok'd a Xray...yet I needed a MRI or CAT. Got the Xray and doctor said we can now ask for a MRI/CAT because this was only done to satisfy the insurance company....of course I had to pay for it when it was BS.

The sad part is I work for this industry and get things done because I know how it works. The average person tends to get screwed because a insurance company will pull every trick to not pay a claim and most times it takes a person appealing over and over. They know this and bottom line is even if they end up having to pay they earned interest on their money in that time. Again goes all back to "profit" and sucks that is how our healthcare system works

P.S. No I am not proud to work in this industry, but it is where my skills are and where I can make a good living

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    The United Kingdom?

When I lived over there last year, I had a few run ins with the NHS. If you're not falling apart, you get nothing. I had a violent cough for 3 months. Every time I went in, it was "come back in a few weeks if it's still bothering you". They just ignore it. When I fell on my hand snowboarding, they said since I can still type (aka do my job), they won't do anything. Come back in a month if it still hurts. No checking to see if it's broken, or that it's all set correctly.

I'd rather spend as much as I do on US healthcare and know that I can make sure my bones are set correctly before they heal and permanently fuck me up. over there it just becomes, "oh yea that one time I wrecked my bike, that's how I got this limp that's completely fixable but unnecessary. It's ok, I can't do the outdoor activities I used to, but I can still do my job so cheers!"
    That is just what my research told me...never even been to UK.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 18th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

It's free but it's really backed up. It's a good thing that they don't overprescribe meds the way we do, but I very much disagree that it's better care.

glad to get out of there. they have cool racing and good beers, but that's about it

Looks like it's everywhere then, hopefully Martians have better health care lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Im guessing you dont have kids...
    Not that I'm aware of
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Blanks ftw
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1