Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: health care thread

Re: health care thread

My insurance plan is walking into an ER and saying my name Barn.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I think they cover domestic partnerships, but we haven't fucked recently enough to qualify.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

And it just went there.

Horrible.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Gold Member

Guess that's one way to kill a political thread. LOL!!

Now we need to move this thread to the Metz blows Barn for domestic partnership thread

Grim will probably want in on this...
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I have a lot of Conservative friends who constantly hate on Obama and complain about the Affordable Care Act. Here is what a typical conversation looks like:

Me: Why do you hate the Affordable Care Act so much?

Conservative: It made my insurance cost a lot more.

Me: That was already happening before Obama came along. Before ACA, insurance premiums had increased an average of 9% per year for more than a decade.

Conservative: That may be true - but I had to change my plan and get a new doctor.

Me: What were your deductibles and co-pays under your old plan?

Conservative: I paid $50 a month with a $20,000 deductible and 60% co-pay.

Me: Holy crap! That's unreasonable and a huge ripoff.

Conservative: Maybe - but I hardly ever get sick. And now I pay $250 a month with a $500 deductible, $40 co-pays for doctor visits, and $25 for prescriptions.

Me: That sounds OK to me.

Conservative: You're crazy! My insurance costs increased by 500%! I have also heard that millions of illegal immigrants are getting Obamacare for free!

Me: What the Hell are you talking about? Obamacare is not government health insurance. It's merely a law that requires people to purchase coverage. How are "illegal immigrants getting it for free"?

Conservative: The same way that moms on welfare with 10 kids get tons of money for free.

Me: That's not happening. Welfare benefits max out at two kids.

Conservative: Where did you hear that lie? MSNBC?

Me: It's right here on the Health and Human Services web site.

Conservative: Damn Liberal media.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    I have a lot of Conservative friends who constantly hate on Obama and complain about the Affordable Care Act. Here is what a typical conversation looks like:

Me: Why do you hate the Affordable Care Act so much?

Conservative: It made my insurance cost a lot more.

Me: That was already happening before Obama came along. Before ACA, insurance premiums had increased an average of 9% per year for more than a decade.

Conservative: That may be true - but I had to change my plan and get a new doctor.

Me: What were your deductibles and co-pays under your old plan?

Conservative: I paid $50 a month with a $20,000 deductible and 60% co-pay.

Me: Holy crap! That's unreasonable and a huge ripoff.

Conservative: Maybe - but I hardly ever get sick. And now I pay $250 a month with a $500 deductible, $40 co-pays for doctor visits, and $25 for prescriptions.

Me: That sounds OK to me.

Conservative: You're crazy! My insurance costs increased by 500%! I have also heard that millions of illegal immigrants are getting Obamacare for free!

Me: What the Hell are you talking about? Obamacare is not government health insurance. It's merely a law that requires people to purchase coverage. How are "illegal immigrants getting it for free"?

Conservative: The same way that moms on welfare with 10 kids get tons of money for free.

Me: That's not happening. Welfare benefits max out at two kids.

Conservative: Where did you hear that lie? MSNBC?

Me: It's right here on the Health and Human Services web site.

Conservative: Damn Liberal media.
    You know I truly hate people like you. With your "teams". Red or blue its all the same shit. Left or right it doesn't fucking matter. Your teams have truly fucked this country up.

So let me ask you this. I'm 32 and in good health. I don't use a doctor. I don't get flu shots. I don't cry when I get sick and beg for meds. I don't want health insurance.

Why should I be FORCED to pay for something I never intend to use? Oh blah blah what if you get cancer... Honestly fuck it. I don't care. Its my life and I will CHOOSE to live it my way.

For real man I'm sorry but I don't care about other people and their needs. Not one fuck shall be given. Why? Because I just don't. I've done my good deeds. I've done what I can.

I'm sick and tired of my life having to change to protect or take care of Aome motherfucker across the country who didn't do it for themselves.

Some welfare baby that has had their family on the welfare program for generations. Some illegal that gets everything for nothing. Some drug dealer that uses food stamps but makes more money than I do.

You want the truth about this beloved Obama? He's a fucking liar. He's done jack shit for the people of this country and has simply ran up a bill having concerts at his house.

What a complete shame and I feel sorry for any of you party affiliated people who actually think your teams are doing anything to better any of our problems.

So yeah that's why I hate obamacare. Its a joke. I hate Obama because I hate liars and cowards. I hate our government because they are all bought and paid for by the same corporations that screw over you and I everyday.

But no we will keep following down this same path of what can be considered a new form of slavery. With the illusion of FREEDOM. The illusion that we actually have a say in who runs our government.

So to end this in the same smartass way you posted.

Me. Why do you keep voting for the same groups of people.

Red/blue team... Because they have the same interests as I do.

Me... What's that? Selling our country to China? Taking away our rights? Raising taxes so they can go on another vacation? Starting wars all over the world? Giving your money away to foreign countries that end up turning on us?

Red/blue team. Those are all lies. Stop listening to fox/CNN news.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    So let me ask you this. I'm 32 and in good health. I don't use a doctor. I don't get flu shots. I don't cry when I get sick and beg for meds. I don't want health insurance.

Why should I be FORCED to pay for something I never intend to use? Oh blah blah what if you get cancer... Honestly fuck it. I don't care. Its my life and I will CHOOSE to live it my way.
    Right. "oh no insurance, dump him back out"

I'm sure you'll say that when you have a broken arm after a car accident

I'm not pro ACA btw, it has good and bad

You know I truly hate people like you. With your "teams". Red or blue its all the same shit. Left or right it doesn't fucking matter. Your teams have truly fucked this country up.

For real man I'm sorry but I don't care about other people and their needs. Not one fuck shall be given. Why? Because I just don't. I've done my good deeds. I've done what I can.

I'm sick and tired of my life having to change to protect or take care of Aome motherfucker across the country who didn't do it for themselves.

Some welfare baby that has had their family on the welfare program for generations. Some illegal that gets everything for nothing. Some drug dealer that uses food stamps but makes more money than I do.

You want the truth about this beloved Obama? He's a fucking liar. He's done jack shit for the people of this country and has simply ran up a bill having concerts at his house.

What a complete shame and I feel sorry for any of you party affiliated people who actually think your teams are doing anything to better any of our problems.

So yeah that's why I hate obamacare. Its a joke. I hate Obama because I hate liars and cowards. I hate our government because they are all bought and paid for by the same corporations that screw over you and I everyday.

But no we will keep following down this same path of what can be considered a new form of slavery. With the illusion of FREEDOM. The illusion that we actually have a say in who runs our government.

So to end this in the same smartass way you posted.

Me. Why do you keep voting for the same groups of people.

Red/blue team... Because they have the same interests as I do.

Me... What's that? Selling our country to China? Taking away our rights? Raising taxes so they can go on another vacation? Starting wars all over the world? Giving your money away to foreign countries that end up turning on us?

Red/blue team. Those are all lies. Stop listening to fox/CNN news.
    However, being a rock climber and riding dirt bikes, I will always have insurance...
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Thu Feb 19th, 2015 at 07:54 AM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Right. "oh no insurance, dump him back out"

I'm sure you'll say that when you have a broken arm after a car accident

I'm not pro ACA btw, it has good and bad
    Ummmm that's what auto insurance is for. And I pay for very good auto. Just for that.

The funny part is we have had government healthcare for many years......it is called Medicare and Medicaid.

Medicare = disabled, over 65, and ESRD (kidney problems)
    Medicaid = low income

Yes not everyone qualifies, but that was put in place many years ago to show we do offer assistance. I am down for helping people, but the liars and scammers have jammed up this system. There may be a cap on welfare (not sure), but there definitely is no cap on how many kids can go on Medicaid. I once brought up "preventative pregnancy" and was basically told because of religious reasons we could not do that. Yet these morally religious people are perfectly fine having 8 kids that they cannot afford....so it all goes to the taxpayers (the ones actually working hard). There is a point to helping people and then there is a point where we have a broken system like right now. Just the fact that healthcare in this country is "for profit" should show this is a business and not about actual healthcare. It is sad, but these insurance companies do not care and their goal is profit, profit, profit.

I do think people should have a choice to get healthcare; like Townie. The issue is a lot of people do not have the same stance and will not go to the doctor because they do not have insurance. Instead they go in and do not pay their bill and then the hospital is stuck with it....which then gets passed on to the consumer. Now if we could deny people that did not have insurance and did not show up with cash, then that may work better. Kind of like Townie said it sucks we have to make up for others.....some people deserve help, but I feel we got a huge majority that do not. Hell I have aunt on disability for 20+ years yet she goes and runs 10+ miles a day at the gym; really makes me think there is some job she could do if she can do that....plus when did a disability stop the mind from functioning and make some of these people not be able to work at all.

Townie, I will say you are taking a huge risk......BUT, like you said it should be your choice. I see healthcare bills and they add up super fast so it is a huge risk if you ask me. And I don't mean for a cold, flu, etc....just that one car accident a person can get into scares me. I was in a bad one when I was 18 and was in hospital for a week. OMG, without insurance I bet I'd still be paying that off 18 years later. I admit though, I am not a big gambler though.....

Ummmm that's what auto insurance is for. And I pay for very good auto. Just for that.
    From what I know, the only way a auto policy will pay for this is if the other party is at fault. I think if you are at fault then medical is not covered under your auto policy. I could be wrong, but swore that is how it works; TPL (third party liability)
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

ugh

that is one example of a million different ways people get hurt

I am a researcher so had to find out.

Good Link on it....appears in a few no-fault states a "PIP" plan can be purchased, but appears as if it is not a standard plan. Townie only telling you this so it doesn't catch you by surprise if you do not have one of these plans http://www.dmv.org/insurance/how-to-...-insurance.php

Not sure what status Nevada falls under

Liability Bodily Injury Coverage

Nearly every state in the country requires that every car driven on its public roads be insured with liability insurance. Your state will have a set minimum requirement for how much liability insurance you must have.*
    Liability coverage consists of two parts:

• Bodily injury coverage: Pays for medical costs associated with injuries suffered by others in an accident you cause.
      • It is important to understand that this coverage does not pay for your own injuries.

• Property damage coverage: Pays for damage to another person's property (e.g., vehicle) in an accident you cause
    • When you're injured, the at-fault driver's bodily injury coverage will pay your medical expenses. If you are at fault, you'll have to use one of the coverages below.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

Personal injury protection, or what many refer to as "no-fault insurance," will cover your medical costs regardless of fault. It is available in no-fault states.
    In addition to medical costs, PIP also covers:

EDIT: According to this link Nevada is not a "no-fault" and is a "tort" state
    Is Nevada a No-fault State for Car Insurance?

Nevada is not a no-fault state when it comes to car insurance. It is a tort state, which means that injured people have the right to sue to collect damages following an accident. An investigation after the event will determine which driver as “at fault,” and it is this driver’s auto insurance company that will be responsible for paying for injuries sustained in the accident.http://www.promiga.com/2010/07/is-ne...car-insurance/

P.S. Don't attack me....honestly trying to help you Townie as I hate when people think they have coverage and they do not. Of course I could be wrong as this was a simple 10 min search and it really would come down to your auto policy but may be good to call and check.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Feb 19th, 2015 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    However, being a rock climber and riding dirt bikes, I will always have insurance...
    With extreme sports and riding bikes a good insurance coverage is a must
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    With extreme sports and riding bikes a good insurance coverage is a must
    I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, because I know some of these people, but it really pisses me off that someone will race without insurance, and then get hurt and the CSC has to "take up a collection" to help cover medical expenses. Very irresponsible!! Sounds cold, but we never donate because of principle...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I am a researcher so had to find out.

Good Link on it....appears in a few no-fault states a "PIP" plan can be purchased, but appears as if it is not a standard plan. Townie only telling you this so it doesn't catch you by surprise if you do not have one of these plans http://www.dmv.org/insurance/how-to-...-insurance.php

Not sure what status Nevada falls under

Liability Bodily Injury Coverage

Nearly every state in the country requires that every car driven on its public roads be insured with liability insurance. Your state will have a set minimum requirement for how much liability insurance you must have.*
    Liability coverage consists of two parts:

• Bodily injury coverage: Pays for medical costs associated with injuries suffered by others in an accident you cause.
      • It is important to understand that this coverage does not pay for your own injuries.

• Property damage coverage: Pays for damage to another person's property (e.g., vehicle) in an accident you cause
    • When you're injured, the at-fault driver's bodily injury coverage will pay your medical expenses. If you are at fault, you'll have to use one of the coverages below.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

Personal injury protection, or what many refer to as "no-fault insurance," will cover your medical costs regardless of fault. It is available in no-fault states.
    In addition to medical costs, PIP also covers:

EDIT: According to this link Nevada is not a "no-fault" and is a "tort" state
    Is Nevada a No-fault State for Car Insurance?

Nevada is not a no-fault state when it comes to car insurance. It is a tort state, which means that injured people have the right to sue to collect damages following an accident. An investigation after the event will determine which driver as “at fault,” and it is this driver’s auto insurance company that will be responsible for paying for injuries sustained in the accident.http://www.promiga.com/2010/07/is-ne...car-insurance/

P.S. Don't attack me....honestly trying to help you Townie as I hate when people think they have coverage and they do not. Of course I could be wrong as this was a simple 10 min search and it really would come down to your auto policy but may be good to call and check.

Yes that's what I have.

Ok...here's my numbers

Pre ACA: Employer contribution: 378 a month(wife's work), my cost $180ish, 250 annual deductible, $30 copay for PCP visit, $40 for specialist, $100 for ER.

Post ACA: Employer contribution $497, my cost $244, $750 annual deductible, $40 PCP co-pay, $55 specialist, $150 ER, 20% coinsurance up to 5K.

So, in summary, I'm paying a fuckload more for worse coverage. If I had the same crash that I had in Jan. 2013 today, the difference in out of pocket expenses would be almost $7K. I'm not eligible for the government subsidies that the ACA provides for, and the money to finance those for the people that qualify has to come from somewhere. That somewhere is the 53% of us that pay actual income taxes.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Yes that's what I have.
    From what I read a "PIP" is only good in no-fault states though

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Ok...here's my numbers

Pre ACA: Employer contribution: 378 a month(wife's work), my cost $180ish, 250 annual deductible, $30 copay for PCP visit, $40 for specialist, $100 for ER.

Post ACA: Employer contribution $497, my cost $244, $750 annual deductible, $40 PCP co-pay, $55 specialist, $150 ER, 20% coinsurance up to 5K.

So, in summary, I'm paying a fuckload more for worse coverage. If I had the same crash that I had in Jan. 2013 today, the difference in out of pocket expenses would be almost $7K. I'm not eligible for the government subsidies that the ACA provides for, and the money to finance those for the people that qualify has to come from somewhere. That somewhere is the 53% of us that pay actual income taxes.
    The stats I see show that healthcare did not go up that much since ACA went into effect. I bet it is your employer that is sticking you with the higher cost!

A new report this week from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services had a lot to say about the state of health care costs and what it means for our economy. New estimates show that national health expenditures rose at historically slow rates in 2013 and American businesses and consumers will continue to see slow cost growth over the next few years, even as millions gain health insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
    This week’s Chart of the Week uses the most up-to-date data to break down what’s going on with health care costs for employers and the Medicare program. Right now, employers’ inflation-adjusted health benefit costs are up just 1 percent on a year-over-year basis, among the lowest rates recorded historically. This slow growth in employer health costs helps businesses create jobs and pay a good wage. At the same time, Medicare spending per beneficiary is actually falling in inflation-adjusted terms, which is helping keep premiums low for beneficiaries and bringing down our deficit.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/...lly-slow-rates
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Feb 19th, 2015 at 09:06 AM.

I hate to say it, but this is another reason healthcare is so high in this country; obesity. The citizens are to blame too....

#1 Killer in America;
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Feb 19th, 2015 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Now we need to move this thread to the Metz blows Barn for domestic partnership thread

Grim will probably want in on this...
    I want in on you

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    I want in on you
    Not sure if this is homo or fighting words

Either way I see some healthcare coverage needed

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    I want in on you
    This thread has gotten really gay, let's get it back on track where it should be....

The only thing you should be wanting to get in on, is what's pictured below

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."