Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: These Snow Days are the Days I love My Car......

Re: These Snow Days are the Days I love My Car......

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I like love it hear! Where im from in California its all hot and stuff....

I HATE DRIVING IN COLORADO WHEN IT SNOWS BECAUSE THERE ARE SOOO MANY PEOPLE HERE NOW THAT DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING WHEN A 1/2 INCH OF IT SHOWS UP!

Let's face it dude, even people that have lived here all their lives can't even drive in this shit. Hell I'm a foreigner and drive better than 80% the damn natives and we don't even have snow where I'm from lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nice, we probably have very similar cars then since not much changed from 2013 to 2014;

I do like the Rota wheels I got. Ever heard of those? They are basically cheaper versions of fully forged Volk rims that costs a lot.
    I think the two year models are very similar, if any changes at all. The interior is very pedestrian, a couple more bells and whistles would be nice. I ordered a limited as well, and wanted the adjustable arm rest. When it arrived, i got the sport kit for free. SPT Exhaust and Short shift kit and the fancy all weather mats. I have heard of them. When I was shopping for rims decided to go 16s to have more and cheaper tire options. Ended up with some cheap knock off brand, I just didn't care. they look okay, but meh, nothing special.

I have a large hill to get to my house and love being the only one who takes the direct route up the hill, everyone else drives the backside of the hill as it is less steep. The Volvo never had issues, but the Subie runs right up it with no issue.

Last edited by Captain Obvious; Thu Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:39 PM.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
    Jeeps Quadradrive is still the standard.
    Not only do you have a torque sensing transfer case, but also in both axles... it'll send power AWAY from the tires that spin... to any of the 4 corners.
    Quadra-drive? Meh, Select trac...
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

I bet going up your hill is always interesting Captain!

I've loved my Subaru this year, although the idiots in front of me tend to piss me off. When you're stuck behind cars 3 wide doing 30 up I-25 when 55-60 is not a problem, you'd yell at them too!
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Spooph, thanks for the info, that was what I was looking for and I'll google some of the things you said so I can learn more

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I've only had to use 4wd on the Ram once so far.
    Like others said knowing how to drive in this snow makes a huge difference. I go around corners in parking lots to make my car slide out so I know how to react when it happens in a emergency. I've had people say I am crazy for doing this, but to me it is riskier to not practice and that is why people freak out when it happens and have no idea what to do.

Snow tires so make a huge difference. My old Eclipse was not every good in snow, but with studded Nokias it was great in snow.

I like love it hear! Where im from in California its all hot and stuff....

I HATE DRIVING IN COLORADO WHEN IT SNOWS BECAUSE THERE ARE SOOO MANY PEOPLE HERE NOW THAT DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING WHEN A 1/2 INCH OF IT SHOWS UP!
    This is my biggest gripe. I am rarely afraid to drive because of myself, but because of other people. And to me it seems like the over cautious ones are the most dangerous one. Yesterday at about 4:30 on Satna Fe there was a lady going 25mph in the fast lane holding up traffic way back. People were trying to get around her and causing more danger than if this lady just moved over to the right lane. I have no issues with people who want to take it slow, but at least stay in slow lane or let people pass when you see you are backing traffic up

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I think the two year models are very similar, if any changes at all. The interior is very pedestrian, a couple more bells and whistles would be nice. I ordered a limited as well, and wanted the adjustable arm rest. When it arrived, i got the sport kit for free. SPT Exhaust and Short shift kit and the fancy all weather mats. I have heard of them. When I was shopping for rims decided to go 16s to have more and cheaper tire options. Ended up with some cheap knock off brand, I just didn't care. they look okay, but meh, nothing special.

I have a large hill to get to my house and love being the only one who takes the direct route up the hill, everyone else drives the backside of the hill as it is less steep. The Volvo never had issues, but the Subie runs right up it with no issue.

Yeah very similar. Here is mine

I ended up getting s sick deal on a set of Rota's from a ebay dealer; Wheelbay. I was worried they would be knockoffs, but comments stated this seller had been around a long time so I took the chance. Worked out.
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Feb 27th, 2015 at 07:54 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Hmmm. You guys were driving around in snow yesterday? That sucks. I was rolling around with my top down. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Hmmm. You guys were driving around in snow yesterday? That sucks. I was rolling around with my top down. Lol.
    Driving in snow is not the problem, is the retards on the road that are the issue lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Driving in snow is not the problem, is the retards on the road that are the issue lol
    Well that's on any road surface. Lol. Wet... Dry... Icy... Doesn't matter. People love to play bumper cars. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well that's on any road surface. Lol. Wet... Dry... Icy... Doesn't matter. People love to play bumper cars. Lol
    Ain't that the truth. People drive like morons.

Apparently Dave and busters is giving away licenses these days if you finish top 3 in their driving arcades lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I had two Audis, the last one was an '06 A3 with the Haldex AWD differentials, and before that an older 80's Quattro with the Torsen diffs. The older AWD system was rally bred and launched like a mofo in the snow when I locked the diffs.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I'm that guy in the FWD acura integra ripin the e-brake at every corner possible in the snow.
    06 GSXR 750

I have a TSX with SN2s, and a F150 4X4 with blizzaks.
    Earlier this winter driving south on 25, I saw somethin in the corner of my eye. Somebody in oncoming traffic lost control and went right into the median right besides me, all I saw was the poof of snow but it was right by me.
    Then my gf came up to visit me while I was working in Wyoming, flipped her car in the median going home on 25.
    Then the company man on our rig was driving to work, a lady in the oncoming lane of 25 lost control, went ACROSS the median, hit him head on and he was nearly killed.
    And yesterday, again driving south on 25, I witnessed a northbound jeep lose control, skid around 25 and come to a rough slam against the divider in the median.

Having a capable vehicle with proper equipment (tires) for the weather is great, but...
    Fuck. This. Winter.

I'm sure summer is far more deadly with motorcycles and people racing around at high speeds, but I'm so over the stuff I've been seeing this winter

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

No issues here....but I'd rather be in Phoenix.

John
    KTM Duke 690

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    I have a TSX with SN2s, and a F150 4X4 with blizzaks.
    Earlier this winter driving south on 25, I saw somethin in the corner of my eye. Somebody in oncoming traffic lost control and went right into the median right besides me, all I saw was the poof of snow but it was right by me.
    Then my gf came up to visit me while I was working in Wyoming, flipped her car in the median going home on 25.
    Then the company man on our rig was driving to work, a lady in the oncoming lane of 25 lost control, went ACROSS the median, hit him head on and he was nearly killed.
    And yesterday, again driving south on 25, I witnessed a northbound jeep lose control, skid around 25 and come to a rough slam against the divider in the median.

Having a capable vehicle with proper equipment (tires) for the weather is great, but...
    Fuck. This. Winter.

I'm sure summer is far more deadly with motorcycles and people racing around at high speeds, but I'm so over the stuff I've been seeing this winter
    That's because people need to slow the fuck down. I don't care what kind of car and what kind of traction control with what tires you have. You have to slow the fuck down.

I80 Donner Pass is always a nightmare in the snow. Its fun driving eighty thousand pound truck and watch the 4wd/Awd idiots spin out in front of you because they are going too fast and tried to change lanes too quickly.

Or what happens here. Failing to maintain your lane.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Sat Feb 28th, 2015 at 09:29 AM.

Your idea of fun is different than mine. It's almost always the 4wd vehicles in the ditch, or 70/30 anyway. I have absolutely zero desire to run the hills anymore in a truck. I'm quite happy driving my rusted shitbox mule around the yard.
    and my 95 Ranger does just fine with its Kumho highway all seasons. It would probably be more fun to drive with a new steering box though.

Looking forward to the next snow storm in our new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V8

Oh my God it's not a Subaru you'll never make it through snow

I drive a 1991 BMW 525 all winter with the cheapest tires Discount carries. Never been stuck.

You are going to miss the turbo...

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Looking forward to the next snow storm in our new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V8

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

You are going to miss the turbo...
    We hadn't worked on ours like you have. The V8 is no slouch, though. Plus, it will tow our travel trailer much better than the RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Oh my God it's not a Subaru you'll never make it through snow

I drive a 1991 BMW 525 all winter with the cheapest tires Discount carries. Never been stuck.
    Pretty sure no one said anything like that.

This whole thread is a group masturbation session for your Subarus. And don't even get me started on Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    This whole thread is a group masturbation session for your Subarus. And don't even get me started on Subaru.

2 Subies, 1 Ranger, 1 old Jeep, 1 new Jeep. Yeah, that sounds like a subaru circle jerk. So you come into a circle jerk to announce you don't like circle jerks (your idea of a CJ, not mine).

Or would you just rather everyone came to the post about how awesome your downpayment on your new bike is and then just stopped the internet?
    Last edited by Captain Obvious; Sun Mar 1st, 2015 at 03:26 PM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    2 Subies, 1 Ranger, 1 old Jeep, 1 new Jeep. Yeah, that sounds like a subaru circle jerk. So you come into a circle jerk to announce you don't like circle jerks (your idea of a CJ, not mine).

Or would you just rather everyone came to the post about how awesome your downpayment on your new bike is and then just stopped the internet?

Hahahahaha wow. Guess I'm not the only prick this week.

And yeah this thread is a bit of a Subaru cj. Just saying.