Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: These Snow Days are the Days I love My Car......

Re: These Snow Days are the Days I love My Car......

Umm. There are 6 Subarus mentioned here, with a 7th mentioned in the past tense. I guess Subaru owners don't need to know how to count; less hp, less mpg, more lb, less g. Oh, and more ft of braking.

It's Colorado dude, Subaru is the Colorado state car lol, this surprised you how?
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I don't understand why you'd drive anything other than a Subaru in Colorado... Then again, I have no idea why you'd waste your money on a brand new S1000RR... I guess I'm just closed minded... :P
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    I don't understand why you'd drive anything other than a Subaru in Colorado... Then again, I have no idea why you'd waste your money on a brand new S1000RR... I guess I'm just closed minded... :P
    I'd rather have my truck than a subaru. Something about little cars with low ground clearance just ain't my thing. In the snow that is...
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Mar 1st, 2015 at 07:22 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I'd rather have my truck than a subaru. Something about little cars with low ground clearance just ain't my thing.
    Right? I mean it doesn't happen all that much but man if you have to get through a foot of snow a Subaru just ain't going to cut it.

Also you can't haul a bike with a Subaru. You can't haul lumber with a Subaru. Actually besides just drive you can't really so much with it.

Guess that's why for a car I have something much more comfortable to driver. And for everything else I have a truck.

I wouldn't drive a Subaru because I could be driving a 335i.

I can't say the new RR is logical, that was just an illogical desire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I'd rather have my truck than a subaru. Something about little cars with low ground clearance just ain't my thing. In the snow that is...
    Thank goodness you live in the good 'ol US of A where you have choices a plenty then....

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Right? I mean it doesn't happen all that much but man if you have to get through a foot of snow a Subaru just ain't going to cut it.

Also you can't haul a bike with a Subaru. You can't haul lumber with a Subaru. Actually besides just drive you can't really so much with it.

Guess that's why for a car I have something much more comfortable to driver. And for everything else I have a truck.
    Well then, I guess I'm just delusional as I apparently haven't done these things with Subarus, since it can't be done with a Subaru.

Please note, it's not the Subaru disrespect that's getting me, drive what you want, it's the universal statements. It's easy to point out limitations. Surprisingly similar to excuses, pessimism and negativity. Much easier to feel good about oneself by tearing somebody else down. That's probably why the world is in the state it is today. And there ya go, from Subaru bashing to world-wide societal failure.

Also I truly am happy for you all who choose not to drive Subarus. It must be wonderful to enjoy not driving a vehicle so much, but to me, it sounds like somebody feels left out... :P

Aaron must have missed my disclaimer on first page....exactly why I put it on there

And before it is said, yes Audi and BMW's are sick in snow too....I could imagine, never owned one. Not comparing, just happy at my little Rex.

Thank goodness you live in the good 'ol US of A where you have choices a plenty then....

Well then, I guess I'm just delusional as I apparently haven't done these things with Subarus, since it can't be done with a Subaru.

Please note, it's not the Subaru disrespect that's getting me, drive what you want, it's the universal statements. It's easy to point out limitations. Surprisingly similar to excuses, pessimism and negativity. Much easier to feel good about oneself by tearing somebody else down. That's probably why the world is in the state it is today. And there ya go, from Subaru bashing to world-wide societal failure.

Also I truly am happy for you all who choose not to drive Subarus. It must be wonderful to enjoy not driving a vehicle so much, but to me, it sounds like somebody feels left out... :P
    Well said Spooph

For the money I saved going with the Subaru over the 335i I am quite happy (I did test drive a 335i).....both great cars, but a brand new 335i is going to be quite a bit more expensive so the comparison is a bit odd; $10-$12 inot a WRX is going to give some impressive results. Although I never posted this to be about Subarus is better than other cars....I just am really impressed by this car and the first time I can really say I love my car. Honestly I do not think I have met a WRX/STI owner that wasn't super happy with their car.

Anyone remember how Hoopty us to trailer his racebike with his WRX? He did it for years and it can be done....tripped me out the first time I saw it, but he proved to me it had the towing capability.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Mar 2nd, 2015 at 09:46 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

Huh? So wait you call an apple an apple and that is disrespectful? Lol.

Hey you want to bring your Subaru and try to follow my truck through some mud? Lol.

The point is that a Subaru is still a car. I don't care how good it is. If it gets too deep your car won't go. It will loose traction from all the snow piled up under it.

And yes I know that is the same for trucks.

Simmer down. Own your car. Whatever it is. Enjoy it. Have fun. Live life.

See, that wasn't so hard now was it?

It is all about the proper tires

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    It is all about the proper tires
    Indeed, it is...

Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Gold Member

See, that wasn't so hard now was it?

When can I meet you at the mud hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Indeed, it is...

That makes me think of the Traxxas tires you posted. You ever get those Dean or your RC?

Came across this:
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Mar 2nd, 2015 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    That makes me think of the Traxxas tires you posted. You ever get those Dean or your RC?
    Nope. Bought those four funny cars and am going to have to wait a little while. Been spending a lot on toys lately. Almost $4,000 in the last couple months. Kim thinks I should chill out a little!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Nope. Bought those four funny cars and am going to have to wait a little while. Been spending a lot on toys lately. Almost $4,000 in the last couple months. Kim thinks I should chill out a little!!
    Awe.....we have no kids so we can do this stuff

At least Kim is into it too; that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Umm. There are 6 Subarus mentioned here, with a 7th mentioned in the past tense. I guess Subaru owners don't need to know how to count; less hp, less mpg, more lb, less g. Oh, and more ft of braking.
    That's exactly what I've thought. I too have developed a rage for Subarus since moving to Colorado. I grew up in a city on the shore of Lake Superior that was all on an incline of 10+ so getting up the hill in a snow storm was very complicated, but even then there were far less subarus there than in Colorado. Don't get me wrong, I like them and think overall they're good cars since they're decently reliable and cheap to fix, but also offer manual transmissions in the fun to drive cars. I looked at a 335i and when I asked about the warranty, the guy quoted like 3-4k for a 24000 mile warranty---eh, no thanks...
    I just don't see what the big deal is. You don't need AWD for I70, and a Subaru doesn't have the ground clearance for heavy offroad treks. When my gf totalled her Forester and I gave her my TSX for the time being, she saw the light and realized that a FWD car with snow tires handles better than AWD with all seasons
    Driving my truck though I've found RWD is kind of a bitch when the roads are slick. The only solution to being original and having a fun car is the turbo TSX, obviously ;-)

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Exactly! They aren't bad, but they're not God's of the asphalt either. That title seems to be Audi's right now, crushing every Car & Driver comparo they're entered in. Makes me almost consider an RS5, if it only had a clutch pedal.
    Last edited by Aaron; Tue Mar 3rd, 2015 at 07:52 AM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Exactly! They aren't bad, but they're not God's of the asphalt either. That title seems to be Audi's right now, crushing every Car & Driver comparo they're entered in. Makes me almost consider an RS5, if it only had a clutch pedal.
    You know my new toy I got last year is the first with paddle shifters and I have to say I really enjoy it. Yes you can't launch like a stick but it still does a good job.

What I truly enjoy about it is being able to set it in drive and just relax and let the car do its work. If I want to have a bit of fun it's a simple shift and I'm in control of the rpms.

I really enjoy it man.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    When can I meet you at the mud hole?
    Probably never as that's not my gig. I can respect it though and enjoy watching...

However, I will be at the parade if you want to come hang out and meet me face to face.

If not, there will be many other possibilities this summer.

If you want to get personal, send me a PM and we can go grab a coffee sometime.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say Subaru's are the best thing since sliced bread. I'm just saying that they are wickedly fun, affordable cars and perfectly suited to commuting and hooning considering the crazy weather changes (freezing w/ snow one day, and sunny and 70F the next day) that are typical for Colorado. Just because other cars weren't mentioned as much doesn't mean they were being disrespected, nor trucks, and thus, I didn't see why Subarus had to be disrespected. Tis all.

You said it earlier Townie. Live and let live. Drive what you like. Bulldog created this thread as a celebration of his Subaru, after all... If others piped up saying "Yea, I love my _______ in the snow too, for XXXXX reason" and left out the part of dick waiving and who's what's is better and Subarus hatred then we wouldn't be here now, would we?

Respect is all I was hinting at.

Gold Member

Probably never as that's not my gig. I can respect it though and enjoy watching...

However, I will be at the parade if you want to come hang out and meet me face to face.

If not, there will be many other possibilities this summer.

If you want to get personal, send me a PM and we can go grab a coffee sometime.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say Subaru's are the best thing since sliced bread. I'm just saying that they are wickedly fun, affordable cars and perfectly suited to commuting and hooning considering the crazy weather changes (freezing w/ snow one day, and sunny and 70F the next day) that are typical for Colorado. Just because other cars weren't mentioned as much doesn't mean they were being disrespected, nor trucks, and thus, I didn't see why Subarus had to be disrespected. Tis all.

You said it earlier Townie. Live and let live. Drive what you like. Bulldog created this thread as a celebration of his Subaru, after all... If others piped up saying "Yea, I love my _______ in the snow too, for XXXXX reason" and left out the part of dick waiving and who's what's is better and Subarus hatred then we wouldn't be here now, would we?

Respect is all I was hinting at.

Ohhh I think you mistook my invite. But that's okay its the internet.

As for respect... Nah not anymore. As it was clear there was no respect for me none shall be shown.

And that is not referring to you.

I think you read into some of these posts a little too deep. Not once did I hear Subaru is a fucking piece of shit.

And I don't think I disrespected anyone's post in here. It was a simple circle jerk of Subaru's. I didn't bring that just agreed with the statement.

Not sure why you as singling me out. But its cool after the healthcare thread people are probably back to thinking I'm a time bomb. I find that funny. I was never actually angry in that post.

Words are words and you can use them to aim low or high. I find it fun. But honestly you sit here and ask for respect but when I was being made fun of laughed at about severe injury and even death where was the call for respect?

Now over a kind of car you want to come at me with the respect idea? Fuck you. That shit is earned not given.

But again bud you I think you just read too deep into it. Again I just agreed. That's all. But I guess agreeing with someone is disrespectful.

As for your offer for the personal meet... Ummmm... Yeah that's a long trip for some coffie. Lol.

Yeah this thread was never meant to say one car was better than the other at all....I like BMW's, Audi's, Evo's, Acura's etc......if anything you guys can share why you love your car so much too Just my first AWD....

On a related note on WRX's has anyone ever lost a "tow hook cover". It is this missing piece:

Just noticed mine is gone. Dealer wants $18 for a new one, but it will be in black and my car is pearl white. Sad my new car is missing this piece and not sure if someone stole it or it popped of with these storms we have been getting.

Part # 57731FG330 http://parts.subaru.com/productSearc...erm=57731FG330
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Mar 3rd, 2015 at 09:41 AM.

I haven't ever lost that cover Bulldog, not sure if it's a thing - if you say so from the forums then you know more than me. $18 for a cover isn't bad.. Ebay and such? While you're checking, verify you have the tow hook which screws in there... Anyway, if you want another set of eyes on the bumper/new cover to check if there's a way to better mount it, lemme know when you have the new one and we'll figure something out.

I haven't ever lost that cover Bulldog, not sure if it's a thing - if you say so from the forums then you know more than me. $18 for a cover isn't bad.. Ebay and such? While you're checking, verify you have the tow hook which screws in there... Anyway, if you want another set of eyes on the bumper/new cover to check if there's a way to better mount it, lemme know when you have the new one and we'll figure something out.
    Thanks. The part is only $18, but I am sure $50+ to get it painted.....oh well sh*t happens and could be worse.

Here is my other option; License plate relocation http://www.grimmspeed.com/license-pl...on-kit-subaru/

What you guys think??? To ricey?

Last edited by bulldog; Tue Mar 3rd, 2015 at 11:30 AM.