Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detail Manager

Re: Detail Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    It's a little over $6 for my truck at the DIY. The car wash I go to is $5.99 before 10:00a.m.

We have these shammies that are synthetic. They are awesome. You can put them back into their containers and they're guaranteed not to mildew. Been using the same ones for over 15 years.
    That is not bad at all; forget some of you have giant vehicles that are harder to wash.

I just have trouble trusting most people touching my car. I don't even let people do my oil changes as had idiots even have mess that up.

What is the name of this shammie? Been using the old school leather ones so I am interested in a upgrade.

Yeah sorry for the thread jack! Hopefully it at least keeps ad at the top.

To help you out I did see your car wash has excellent ratings on Yelp
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    That is not bad at all; forget some of you have giant vehicles that are harder to wash.
    It's always a happy day when I find a car wash that my truck can fit through.

I just have trouble trusting most people touching my car. I don't even let people do my oil changes as had idiots even have mess that up.
    Washing is the only time someone else touches any of my vehicles. Even Kim changes her own oil.

What is the name of this shammie? Been using the old school leather ones so I am interested in a upgrade.
    Can't remember, but I'll get the name for you.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I never get my interior done at any place. The guy who drives the car from the wash line to the drying area always seems to spray all the windows from the drivers seat. Overspray everywhere and the shit is running down inside your door (speakers) while he's driving it to the drying area. Then it might sit a little while longer waiting to be dried. I've asked the facility to not do that and they say no problem, but it only lasts once and they're back to soaking everything. I would love to get my interior done, but perhaps I'm just anal. Or, maybe it's just because my speakers are really expensive.
    Funny you say this because I completely agree... Drove from DC to Charleston yesterday and after the winter in DC, the dog, and the drive, it was time to get the interior done. Found a nice looking car wash, had them do the interior detail. They ran longer than the estimated time they told me, which any other day wouldn't have mattered but I had an appt to get to. So, I went out and asked how much longer. The guy had just wrapped up the windows and told me he was preparing to apply the "protectant". Stopped him there and said he had done enough. I hate getting greasy overspray all over the place. Saved him the time and the trouble, saved me the hassle of recleaning it.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

for $40/mth ($1.33 a day) you could come everyday of the month and receive a full service inside cleaning and outside car wash that takes about 15 min on average. Our goal is to keep your car clean everyday. We have some customers that buy a new car and get it washed every single day with us until they sell it.

I guarantee that we are the best full service car wash in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post
    for $40/mth ($1.33 a day) you could come everyday of the month and receive a full service inside cleaning and outside car wash that takes about 15 min on average. Our goal is to keep your car clean everyday. We have some customers that buy a new car and get it washed every single day with us until they sell it.

That sounds like a great deal if you have a sweet ride. Thanks for sharing.

Do you wash motorcycles?!
    2014 Triumph Daytona 675r

Quote Originally Posted by Skitz View Post
    Do you wash motorcycles?!
    He already answered this, yes.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by aspenbum View Post

Dude!!! I need you out here. Lol.

...What is the name of this shammie? Been using the old school leather ones so I am interested in a upgrade.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    That is not mildew proof though....that part is what got my attention that Dean mentioned. Even my expensive leather shammie has to be rung out or it gets mildew
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Gold Member

You will not talk down on the shamwow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    He already answered this, yes.
    I dun read good.
    2014 Triumph Daytona 675r

Hey I am still looking for a quality manager to run my detail bays. Please give me a call at 303-768-8830 if you are interested or know someone who might be! Thanks!
    MRA #934
    2007 GSXR 750
    2015 Sponsors: Pirelli, Vortex, Galfer, Motorex, Hot Bodies, Race Tech, SpeedMob, Sol-Performance, Blood Nickle, Pilot, Racer Gloves, and Chicken Hawk

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'm here right now getting my 'ute express detailed.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Nice!! I actually don't work here anymore....

SO anyone hiring?
    MRA #934
    2007 GSXR 750
    2015 Sponsors: Pirelli, Vortex, Galfer, Motorex, Hot Bodies, Race Tech, SpeedMob, Sol-Performance, Blood Nickle, Pilot, Racer Gloves, and Chicken Hawk

That is not mildew proof though....that part is what got my attention that Dean mentioned. Even my expensive leather shammie has to be rung out or it gets mildew
    I think I have the same one he's talking about Nate I'll snap a pic (and get a name if there still is one) the next time I think of it.

In fact I bought it at the auto parts place off Tower next to K&D's house when I lived in that neck of the woods 3 years ago, mine is red and advertises that you can put it away wet or dry (I usually wring it a bit but it's always moist, I pull it out 2-3 weeks later and it still doesn't smell and is usually still a bit moist) and the container it comes in is nice in that they leave extra room and don't expect you to get it to tiny standards to put away.
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer