Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maintain your own profile on the Member List and Rider Finder pages

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Maintain your own profile on the Member List and Rider Finder pages

For those of you that still remember the old CSC's main site (before, and during the early days of the forum), you might remember the old Member List and Rider Finder pages. These were static pages that I used to maintain until a couple of years ago when: a) the workload got too big, and; b) I was planning on linking them to the forum database. This linking work was almost complete in July of 2004, but when the forum was upgraded to the current format (IntegraMod), it's different security protocols effectively nulled the work I had done.

I have just recently finished re-writing them. A small group of people has entered their information to help me test things out, and everything seems to be working fine now.

I also added a place for you to enter Emergency Contact Information. This won't be publicly displayed or shared, but will be available to club officers in the case of an emergency. It's completely optional, but we urge everyone to fill it out.

Here are the new pages:
    New Member List
    New Rider Finder

Here is a direct link to the page where you can enter & maintain your info (you must be logged in to do this):
    Member Maintenance

Update 11/30/06: This feature is now functioning again, and a link to the above page appears on both the Member List and Rider Finder pages (if you're logged in)

If anybody has any questions, or finds any problems with these pages, please let me know.
    Last edited by Spiderman; Tue Apr 26th, 2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....
    Looks great Bob!! Ya done good pa, ya done good!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Thanks

Please note, in order for your info to appear on the member list, you MUST enter ALL of the following:
    - Bike Year
    - Bike Make
    - Bike Model
    - Bike Color, and
    - The year you started riding

If any one of them does not have a value, your info won't appear on the member list.
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Re: All New Member List & Rider Finder pages

So if you sign up for the rider finder, all of your posted information is public... phone number, e-mail, etc...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

It's all documented on the Maintenance page, but you have to read everything. I tried my best to make sure it's clear, but if it's not, please let me know.

The minimum required for Rider Finder is your zip code & city. If you populate those fields, your name will appear in the appropriate place on the Rider Finder page.

If you also populate the Telephone # (in the Rider Finder section), it will appear with your name on the Rider Finder page. The same applies to Cross Street.

You can choose whether or not your email address is displayed - it's controlled by the radio buttons at the bottom of the maintenance page.

Does this clear things up?
    R.I.P. 502

I've just found out that there may be a problem entering/maintaining your info if you have Windows XP Service pack 2 installed, and are running Internet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180. In this case, some fields may be yellow, and you won't be able to see the data as you enter it into them. Also, once it's entered, the only way to view it is by hilighting the entire field. I'll see if I can fix that tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    R.I.P. 502

Bob, the Google Toolbar might be the culprit. It highlights any boxes that it can "autofill".
    Jon

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Good stuff Bob. Can I just host my own bike photo, rather than going through the submission process?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm with Barn. I'd like to be able to enter a URL to my photo. Saves you a lot of work in the long run
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="246312
    Can I just host my own bike photo, rather than going through the submission process?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess";p="246313
    I'm with Barn. I'd like to be able to enter a URL to my photo. Saves you a lot of work in the long run
    I think I may be able to accommodate that. I'm also looking at trying to allow more than 1 photo, but that might take longer. I can't do anything from work right now, so stay tuned here to find out when it's done.
    R.I.P. 502

Hot-linking has now been enabled. The URL must contain the "http://", and is limited to 100 characters. At the moment we can still only handle one photo at a time.
    R.I.P. 502

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Sweet! Great new Member List, Bob.

Nice pictures everyone!

LoLo! Retake one that's in focus man! That sick ass bike of yours, deserves a better photo.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

For photos that are hot-linked, I've modified it so large photos will be reduced to a width of 640 pixels, but you can click on them to view the image full size.
    R.I.P. 502

To both the Member List and Rider Finder, I also just added a nifty little feature that allows you to filter new entries in the past day, week, or month (it's near the top of the page).
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="246719
    For photos that are hot-linked, I've modified it so large photos will be reduced to a width of 640 pixels, but you can click on them to view the image full size.
    Good stuff Bob!
    Jon

Bump

Just reminding everyone that these new pages are available and you can maintain your own info. Right new only 100 or so people have entered their info.
    R.I.P. 502

Re: Add your info to the Member List & Rider Finder page

Nice work, I added all my info... well someone had to represent from Greeley :P Oh sorry, my name is pete, i only show up when the season starts to show up, and then duck under the radar during winter (Insurance Reasons)
    2000 Ducati 748

As a result of the recent site upgrade, the link (in the red box) in your profile went missing, making it difficult for people to add themselves or update their info. This has now been fixed.
    R.I.P. 502

A fix to the problem on Tuesday has caused a problem (something related to cookies), effectively preventing anyone from maintaining their Member List and Rider Finder profile. I will be working on this, and will post here again when it's fixed.

Sorry about the inconveience.
    R.I.P. 502

This has been fixed. I had to move things around, and although I think I tested everything, it's possible I may have missed something. If you find any problems with the Member List, Rider Finder, or maintaining your profile, please reply here or send me a PM.
    R.I.P. 502

I was just informed that the links in the first post were no good anymore (which would have happened when I moved the pages they point to late Saturday night). The links have been fixed. Sorry for any inconveniene.
    R.I.P. 502

Board Newbie

Re: Maintain your own profile on Member List and Rider Finde

Did you know the drop down list of countries misspells "Colombia". It's spelled as the river or District, not the sovereign nation in South America.

Just an observation, since I live here half the year.

Sorry, but that's part of the forum software, not Member List & Rider Finder.

I tried changing it in the database, but that doesn't seem to be having any effect. I might have to change the name of the actual file, but I don't have access to the server at the moment.
    R.I.P. 502

Board Newbie

Re: Maintain your own profile on Member List and Rider Finder

I'm just curious, is this feature still available? When I'm trying folliowing the links to the lists, I'm getting 404s...
    /felis