Thread: best price for tire installation

best price for tire installation

I am looking to find the best price on tire installation. I live out in aurora and am hoping to find a good price for installation of the tires on the bike since I dont want to take them off. The place closest to me wants over $100 to install 2 tires and Fay Myers wants $140 to install. Anyone know the cheapest place around?
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Re: best price for tire installation

I think at TFOG it was $25 a tire if you bought tires through him. I did and will do it again . I also believe it's free if you bring him the wheels!
    06 GSXR 750

That would be a great price! I live out in aurora the hardest part is that I have to ride over and have my wife follow me with the tires. Since I can't put them on my back while I ride haha. Most places are cheaper if you buy them at the same shop but I found the online mail I'm rebate with the Dunlop Q3. I didn't think it would be so much for installation. I assumed $30 or so on the bike but Fays is $140 and Motorcycle Depot the closest place to me wants $100.

Just take your own wheels off man, easy and it'll save you like $80
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Performance cycle of CO does moutning, wheels off the bike for $20-25 per wheel.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

You're going to pay more to have them mounted if you bring a bike instead of wheels. Go find a youtube video, take the wheels off and head over to TFOG. $13.99 per tire.

I guess I'll be specific. Best price bringing in my own tires not bought at their shop and leaving the wheels on the bike. I was thinking some of the form members had the machinery but perhaps not. I live out in aurora and am trying to see if anyone has any local places around here they can think of. Since my wife would have to drive the tires in her car and follow me to the shop.

$100 is the best you'll find with the tires being mounted on the bike man, just won't get any cheaper unless you take your own wheels off and bring them to them.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    I guess I'll be specific. Best price bringing in my own tires not bought at their shop and leaving the wheels on the bike. I was thinking some of the form members had the machinery but perhaps not. I live out in aurora and am trying to see if anyone has any local places around here they can think of. Since my wife would have to drive the tires in her car and follow me to the shop.
    The irony here is how I do my own tire changes and balancing. Yet I won't be there until roughly June time frame.
    "I busted the Star Trek Enterprise's ass from a warp 6 roll.. had about 10 lightyears on it when i got out of it. Captain Picard still talks **** though... says he needs some dyno time."

Do you need help removing the wheels? As others have said, itll save you money. I have a rear stand, but for the front, I don't think I have the right pin size, maybe borrow a front stand from someone and we can get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract2 View Post
    The irony here is how I do my own tire changes and balancing. Yet I won't be there until roughly June time frame.
    I currently still have a couple months left on the tires on the bike still. But found a set of Dunlop Q3 for $175 and grabbed them when I could so I would have them for when I needed to change them. I just didnt realize it was so expensive for mounting/balancing when you DON'T buy them from the shop you want them installed at. I may have to hit you up in June if I havent run out of tread by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Do you need help removing the wheels? As others have said, itll save you money. I have a rear stand, but for the front, I don't think I have the right pin size, maybe borrow a front stand from someone and we can get this done.
    I could probably find a way to get them off the bike. I just preferred to see if I could stop by a shop and have them installed. But all the places I have called charge a large premium if you dont buy your titres at their shop. Installation is exactly the same regardless of where you buy the tires at. But I figured there would be a lot of local guys out in Aurora that do their own swapping with many racers that have to swap tires after a track weekend.

I'll pay more to have a shop just do them on the bike, I was hoping to see if there were any places around the Aurora area that do it.

Put them around your middle and ride them over. If you bring the wheels, TFOG will hook you up! Also, next time buy the tires through him... It's a bit of drive, but TFOG is fugging awesome!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

what spooph said!! its not like your gonna be dropping knee going there.
    And TFOG prices on tires are cheaper then alot of online wholesales. and you wont ever have to deal with this again
    plus he is fast and fun to chat with
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    I currently still have a couple months left on the tires on the bike still. But found a set of Dunlop Q3 for $175 and grabbed them when I could so I would have them for when I needed to change them. I just didnt realize it was so expensive for mounting/balancing when you DON'T buy them from the shop you want them installed at. I may have to hit you up in June if I havent run out of tread by that time.
    I'll keep an eye on this thread and we'll see what happens the closer that time gets.
    "I busted the Star Trek Enterprise's ass from a warp 6 roll.. had about 10 lightyears on it when i got out of it. Captain Picard still talks **** though... says he needs some dyno time."

Ive been to his place before and talked with him as well. He is a really nice guy and his price is actually the best I have found from calling around. I just didnt know it was this much of a hassle trying to get tires installed and that places would charge so much if you got them somewhere else, or I totally would have just waited on them and bought directly from a local shop. I figured $50 tops for installation plus the cost of valve stems, which I also need!

I got them online because there was a $50 rebate on them as well. Which one of the local places did not tell me I could get if I got the tires from them, which is what made me feel shady about buying from them so I just went with the online place with free shipping and the $50 rebate.
    Last edited by UHATEIT; Thu Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Put them around your middle and ride them over. If you bring the wheels, TFOG will hook you up! Also, next time buy the tires through him... It's a bit of drive, but TFOG is fugging awesome!
    That's what I was going to say
    06 GSXR 750

Yes, Give Jim a call at TFOG and then ride over and have him change them. He will be the best deal you can find in your situation.

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

TFOG- the price is always right.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Since taking wheels off is a PIA, you will need to shell out for the convenience. It's a cruel fact of life, and that is why there are businesses that do it.