Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GUNS!

Gold Member

GUNS!

We haven't had a good gun thread in a while.

PS this isn't a debate on pro/anti guns. Its a thread about loving guns.

Re: GUNS!

very nice, makes me wish I hadn't sold my AK a few years back. I think I have "shiny object syndrome". As soon as something else comes along and catches my eye. I sell something cool in order to buy the other cool thing. I'm slowly starting to control myself in that aspect.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Yeah I'm kind of having that issue right now with trucks. Lol.

But man I sold most of my firearms while I was in Colorado but I'm enjoying rebuilding my toy collection.

Don't get me wrong, it's a gun so that's a good thing. But I've never liked the AK. Even shot a couple and still didn't much care for them. More power to you if you do though! I just prefer the AR, looks better to me.

I picked up a new duty gun a few months ago. Glock 34, 19+1 rounds of 9mm with the long barrel and competition trigger. It's a very nice shooting gun, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Yeah I'm kind of having that issue right now with trucks. Lol.

But man I sold most of my firearms while I was in Colorado but I'm enjoying rebuilding my toy collection.
    HAHA!! I've always had that problem. Can't hold onto stuff.

Oh well, you only live once and might as well enjoy the fruits of your labor while you can. Can't take it with you so enjoy what you've got.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Hahahaha Aaron I had the same light laying around so I threw it on the ak. Lol. But as you say. Ars are nice. I enjoy them as well.

For you sir I will add this photo next.

That's a nice pistol. Im not a big pistol guy myself. Kind of more into rifles.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Sun Mar 29th, 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    HAHA!! I've always had that problem. Can't hold onto stuff.

Oh well, you only live once and might as well enjoy the fruits of your labor while you can. Can't take it with you so enjoy what you've got.
    Yeah man I can't help myself come summer time. I was over looking at the new f350s. They were very tempting.

Very nice AR's there! I like the custom painted ones.

Here's mine, though you can't really see the red accents in this pic.

Gold Member

Yes you have a very nice ar. I think I remember you saying something about a few scratches from work on. Doesn't show.

I like both the ak and ar. They both have their ups and downs.

To be honest while its fun shooting the shorter rifles nothing feels better than hearing the ping on a long distance shot.

I wish I had more personal time to spend shooting distance. I have a few dreams of long rifle purchases down the road. After my civic and new truck. So probably another five years before the big one.

http://cheytac.com/firearms/408-chey...-intervention/

Next will probably be the Remington 700.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Sun Mar 29th, 2015 at 06:39 PM.

Senior Member Moderator

Yes you have a very nice ar. I think I remember you saying something about a few scratches from work on. Doesn't show.

To be honest while its fun shooting the shorter rifles nothing feels better than hearing the ping on a long distance shot.

I wish I had more personal time to spend shooting distance. I have a few dreams of long rifle purchases down the road. After my civic and new truck. So probably another five years before the big one.

Hell yeah the Remington 700 tactical will be one of the 1st rifles to add to my collection once I start. That thing is badass!

Dude if you're going to get an Intervention then forget the truck. That gun is so badass. Hell I'd make a trip out to Nevada and shoot it with you. We can bring back some Modern Warfare 2 days HAHAHA!! Honestly though, the last CheyTec I saw for sale on Armslist was going for around $20k!! Brand new to get their complete set up from them, costs around $25000. Very nice gun though.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Dude if you're going to get an Intervention then forget the truck. That gun is so badass. Hell I'd make a trip out to Nevada and shoot it with you. We can bring back some Modern Warfare 2 days HAHAHA!! Honestly though, the last CheyTec I saw for sale on Armslist was going for around $20k!! Brand new to get their complete set up from them, costs around $25000. Very nice gun though.
    Well the truck I want is a bit more. I've never owned anything new before. Well besides dirt bikes. My next truck will be a special gift.

But yeah man that's where I fell in love with it. When I get it you will have to come share in the glory. I have a few buddies from my old cod days that have said the same thing. Lol

Well the truck I want is a bit more. I've never owned anything new before. Well besides dirt bikes. My next truck will be a special gift.

But yeah man that's where I fell in love with it. When I get it you will have to come share in the glory. I have a few buddies from my old cod days that have said the same thing. Lol
    Oh I hear ya man. I've gone through so many vehicles that it's not even funny anymore. The only thing I've gone through more are Guitars & Amps. At last check, I'm over 60 guitars(past and present) 30+ amps(past and present). Guns are the same, though not as much. Probably had close to 25 guns at one point or another. I've also been in the Gun Game less time. Been playing guitar since 14(now 34) so I've got 20 years of history buying, selling and trading guitars & amps. I think I'm over 30 vehicles though(combined cars, trucks and motorcycles).

See what I mean... "Shiny Object Syndrome" SOS!! and yeah I should get help for it. HAHAHA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

Oh I hear ya man. I've gone through so many vehicles that it's not even funny anymore. The only thing I've gone through more are Guitars & Amps. At last check, I'm over 60 guitars(past and present) 30+ amps(past and present). Guns are the same, though not as much. Probably had close to 25 guns at one point or another. I've also been in the Gun Game less time. Been playing guitar since 14(now 34) so I've got 20 years of history buying, selling and trading guitars & amps. I think I'm over 30 vehicles though(combined cars, trucks and motorcycles).

See what I mean... "Shiny Object Syndrome" SOS!! and yeah I should get help for it. HAHAHA
    I don't think they have a rehab for that. Lol.

Thanks for posting up the pretties... It's cool to see what others have. I don't have anything special....

The AR is a cool looking gun, it's just too bad it was chosen instead of the FAL back in the day.... A mini-fal in 5.56 would've been awesome... Like they do the SCAR now...

Although now with Ruger making an AR with a piston instead of fouling the action, and the price-point of the AR, it's nearly the perfect rifle... Now if only all these new developments would be done on a .308...
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Although now with Ruger making an AR with a piston instead of fouling the action, and the price-point of the AR, it's nearly the perfect rifle... Now if only all these new developments would be done on a .308...

You mean like this???

I'm at an...
    AR
    Marlin 30-30
    10/22
    Win 70 .270
    M&P40C
    2 Mossy 500s
    No-name 12 ga semi-auto
    Taurus .357
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Gold Member

I know I posted it before but can remember where. This is the ak pistol at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Yes! Precisely like that! I'm so glad they chambered it in .308!

How do you like that Taurus .357? My dad has had a hellavu time with his .454 Casull Raging Bull... Been broken twice with less than 200 rounds through it... I know, apples to oranges, just wondering how you've experienced the quality etc...

Well... Long story... lol
    I actually had a PT140 Millenium Pro. It did well until the plastic mag catch decided to start dropping the mag after every shot. I sent it in and they couldn't get the part in after 7 weeks. I called them and they agreed it was a bit ridiculous, so they said to pick out a gun with a similar MSRP and they'd send it to me.

That said, I've put exactly 200 rounds through it so far. 150 .38 Special, 50 .357 Mag. I've had no issues with it so far. I'm going to swap to a Hogue grip, but other than that I like it pretty well honestly.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Junior Member Yearly Supporter Drop2's Avatar

I'm having troubles finding an area I can brush up on my long range shooting. I'm talking from the 1000-2000 yard range. Anyone know of a place?
    2004 "Candy Thunder Blue" ZX6R (sixdirtysix)

Two Brothers slip-on

FN M249S Semi-Auto Version Release Video: http://youtu.be/GDmyF3uujAo

Want.

2 things come to mind:

Also, a big fan of FN!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drop2 View Post
    I'm having troubles finding an area I can brush up on my long range shooting. I'm talking from the 1000-2000 yard range. Anyone know of a place?
    There is a few spots outside of woodland park but not many. And not flat. Flat true spots. Maybe dragon man but not sure. Come out here to nv I have three. Lol

Dragon Man's has a pistol range, 100 yard, and 220 yard range. I'd like to find a local place to shoot further out as well.
    Asphalt - Worlds' fastest tattoo remover