Thread: Buckmaster Confirmed To Ride For Attack Kawasaki In 2006

Buckmaster Confirmed To Ride For Attack Kawasaki In 2006

Buckmaster Confirmed To Ride For Attack Kawasaki In 2006
    Nov 16, 2005

From a press release issued by Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A.:

Irvine, Calif. (November 16, 2005) – Kawasaki Racing Team and Attack Kawasaki have announced that well-known AMA Road Race competitor Damon Buckmaster will be riding a Ninja® ZX™-6RR motorcycle in Supersport and the all-new Ninja ZX-10R in Superstock during the upcoming season. The popular Australian racer recently signed an agreement to partner with fellow Aussie rider Ben Attard during the 2006 racing schedule that gets underway next March.

Buckmaster, originally from Gosford, New South Wales, and currently residing in Henderson, Nev., started racing motocross in his early teens. “My parents supported my desire to race. On my 16th birthday, I went road racing for the first time. I had a real thing for speed and realized that I was better at going fast on pavement than racing over dirt.”

Buckmaster is no stranger to podium appearances in AMA Road Racing, finishing second overall in 750cc Supersport in 2000, second overall in Formula Xtreme in 2001, third overall in Formula Xtreme in 2002 and second overall in Supersport in 2003. Last season marked Buckmaster’s fifth year in the series and he finished seventh overall in both the Supersport and Superstock categories. This season, the 32-year-old racer is ready to return to the podium.

“Attack Kawasaki has given me a tremendous opportunity and great bikes to race with,” said Buckmaster. “I’m excited to get out there and bring home another victory.”

“We are very pleased to have Damon riding for Attack Kawasaki,” said Mike Preston, Kawasaki’s team manager. “Attack Kawasaki produced exceptional results for us last season and now with Buckmaster and Attard racing in both Superstock and Supersport this should shape up to be a very successful season."

Goofy
    MRA#42
    '99 Duc 748 (race)
    TBA (race)

Re: Buckmaster Confirmed To Ride For Attack Kawasaki In 2006

Probably not a bad pick up for Kawi. But it seems a younger up and comer wouldve been a better fit. Like John Haner.

MV