Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rip Van Winkle

Re: Rip Van Winkle

Shit, I was tired of driving my manual subaru with shitty gear box and heavy clutch. I've got DSG stronic now and never looking back motha fuckas! it's sooo nice

OMG getting stuck going up to eisenhower tunnel in the snow with that stupid manual transmission. NEVER AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Shit, I was tired of driving my manual subaru with shitty gear box and heavy clutch. I've got DSG stronic now and never looking back motha fuckas! it's sooo nice

OMG getting stuck going up to eisenhower tunnel in the snow with that stupid manual transmission. NEVER AGAIN!
    Weird, what kind of Subaru? My WRX's gear box is great and clutch is awesome too, so that surprises me. Car only has 8K miles and a STI short shifter, but it honestly has been the best manual I have ever owned.

And I fly up Eisenhower in the WRX; got snow tires though. I pass giant trucks having issue......

The DSG stronic has not clutch right? Nothing wrong with them, just saying it is way easier to race with one of those and I respect the guy that can do it with skill of a clutch.....always why I like watching Modern Vintage sportbike races (those bikes have no assistance!)
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Apr 10th, 2015 at 10:34 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

2011 Legacy. piece of junk. Missing gears all the time, the clutch took serious leverage to press it down even a small amount. Whatever was spring loading it was way too strong.

I don't have problems going up the actual hill, I have problems when it's stop and go traffic facing up that hill for several miles / hours having to repeatedly press in that monster of a clutch. Actually, I take that back. That stupid subaru was geared so tall I had to be in 4th on that hill just to get up it.

yea no clutch. For my car it's nice, i don't race it. I tracked / raced my old stock '04 R6 for 5 years before finally upgrading a few months ago. slipper clutches and quickshifters are amazing on the track

That reminds me of my old roommate's '65 GTO. You had to have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger to push in the clutch. It had 400+ ft-lbs of torque and enough braking power to stop a children's tricycle. Ah, the good old days!

I'm afraid the days of the manual tranny are numbered. Two years ago I went on Autotrader and searched for "manual transmission cars, less than $25k, within 100 miles" and there were FOUR. (yes, I bought one of them.) Shees! I don't drive one because it's faster than an automatic; I just enjoy it more. Kind of like the entirety of motorcycling: it's just more fun.