Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are people out riding yet?

Gold Member

Re: Are people out riding yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That's true, at the time the Gixxer 1K ruled supreme. My personal preference on looks is that the 01-02, 03-04 gsxr 1000's look the best, followed close by the 05-06 models. After that I lost a lot of interest in what they looked like.

That being said, I like the 01-02's the best.
    Same happened for me with the Honda's. The front ends just looked weird. I don't know.

Vlad riding in the dirt is a different world. A world without rules. Just open trail. You and the throttle. Well unless you go ride where everyone else is riding. That's kind of lame in my book as part of the thrill is exploring.

Board Newbie

Well that escalated quickly.

It always does around here, mainly when riding season is not full on .... I've ridden a couple of CR250F but very newb like, I don't really feel comfortable with being airborne and I guess I maybe just haven't ridden enough to enjoy it as its meant to be. Just dirt biking in general never caught my attention
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Board Newbie

Yeah all that stored energy and no way to get it out, I know that all to well being in Minnesota most of my life.

No wonder you moved here, fuck that ... if winters here suck can't imagine out there.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    The RC8R is a serious piece of machinery, haven't ridden dirt bikes and don't like them to be honest but someday maybe
    Hell yea. I just rode my new one up to Lookout Mtn yesterday

I'm so excited for this bike

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Really? Hell I'd gladly pay a few extra quid for a Repsol, Telefonica, Cresent, Playstation, or Fiat paint scheme. I think the reason people buy a special edition paint scheme, is mainly because of it's their love for that specific bike. I'm not a Honda fan at all, however I am a Repsol fan. I'd rock a Repsol Honda any day of the week. I just love the orange wheels, the Repsol labeling, etc.

Something about repli-racers that just looks badass to me. To me they are just different from every other bike on the road. That's why I really liked the Black R1's when they came out. You just didn't see very many of them. Lots of Blue, white and even the old red(04-05) R1's running around. Same with Honda and Kawasaki. I mean dammit!! If you have a Kawi it has to be Kawi Green!! Or some other loud Kawi color. Suzuki is the same, can't mistake the tried and true Blue and White. So when you see others with different schemes it just makes for more variety.

I think it is cool that they offer a different paint job, but it would be way cooler if they threw a few goodies on that were not on the other "editions". A exhaust, upgraded brakes/rotors, steel braided break lines, few extra HP, etc.....just something to make it special.

Look at the car industry....very rarely do you see a "special" edition that is only a paint job. Since I have a WRX I will use that as a example. What if the WRX STI was only a paintjob and a big wing; most people would not even bother to buy it for the higher price tag. Yet Subaru is awesome and even though the WRX vs the STI is basically the same engine, turbo, body they added a bunch of nice "goodies"; Brembo brakes, 6th gear, more HP (aggressive tune), better suspension, adjustable differential and some others. Heck even the WRX "Limited" I got had things over the standard and premium WRX. For example I was going to get a premium, but HID lights, sunroof, and pearl colors were only available on the "Limited". Subaru doesn't even sell the other versions with these things and as far as I know you cannot even special order them.....which to me does make it "special".

So overall it is ok that they offer a unique paintjob, but my opinion will always be they need to do more to call something a "special" edition and at least follow the car manufacturers. As said earlier some of the European/British/Italian bikes do it, and the rest need to follow.

To sum it up, do something for the people who are not all about the looks of their bike and are more concerned with the performance aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    You buy your bike based on looks and performance. If you like the look of the special edition more, I dont see why you wouldn't want to pay a little extra for your desired color scheme.

Gsxr
    Because for less than you will pay a dealer, you could get a way better paintjob and way more unique. Just like the guys that buy stock aftermarket goodies; usually you can get better components for way cheaper going aftermarket (from performance, to stereos, exhaust, rims, tint/bra, etc). Don't believe me go price shop dealer vs aftermarket. Same reason very few people take their car to the dealer to get it fixed (minus warranty)

The only bike I would've paid the extra for is the 50th Anniversary LE R1, now that thing was sexy as all hell and all kinds of ohlins goodies, Marchesini lightweight wheels, just a rare beauty.
    Exactly what I mean! Heck the Marchesini wheels alone are a great upgrade....yet they went further and offered a slipper clutch and Ohlins suspension!

Still one of my favorites too (believe only like 500 were made though)
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 15th, 2015 at 07:38 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

The whole thing is that you can always add cosmetic stuff and cheaper than performance mods. There's a ton of "Repsol" wannabe bikes out there. I do agree with Nate here in the fact that "special edition" or "limited edition" bikes should start by the title and add an all inclusive package of goodies.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Junior Member Yearly Supporter Drop2's Avatar

Off current topic, but back on original topic; I'm riding today of anyone wants to tag along.
    2004 "Candy Thunder Blue" ZX6R (sixdirtysix)

Two Brothers slip-on

Just make sure to be home by around 2-3, gonna get shitty and quick later today
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Junior Member Yearly Supporter Drop2's Avatar

Just make sure to be home by around 2-3, gonna get shitty and quick later today
    Thanks for the heads up!
    2004 "Candy Thunder Blue" ZX6R (sixdirtysix)

Two Brothers slip-on

But then again with this state you never know, weather people are just as bad as politicians, nothing but lies
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Showing clear until tonight

With this spring time snow, the "news" site's weather forecasts are showing "OMFG 1-5" of snow! (fine print: only in the grass)". I've been sticking with the non-sensationalist forecasts

Beyond stupid close call couple days ago 3 blocks from the house. Rode 90+ miles in the mountains and slide a bit in some sand, scary a bit but no biggie. I wasn't back in town 2 min and had car pull out on me. I have no idea how I didn't hit him that shit was inches.
    Caged it today I woke up late and wasn't quite awake enough for riding the bike in.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Showing clear until tonight

With this spring time snow, the "news" site's weather forecasts are showing "OMFG 1-5" of snow! (fine print: only in the grass)". I've been sticking with the non-sensationalist forecasts
    Well we all know is not going to stick but still shitty and cold to ride for fun though as some of you know I'll ride in anything

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Beyond stupid close call couple days ago 3 blocks from the house. Rode 90+ miles in the mountains and slide a bit in some sand, scary a bit but no biggie. I wasn't back in town 2 min and had car pull out on me. I have no idea how I didn't hit him that shit was inches.
    Caged it today I woke up late and wasn't quite awake enough for riding the bike in.
    Closest calls are always close to home
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Well as some of you know I'll ride anything

LOL
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

LOL
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Oh Jesus.... ... let's go for a ride sully
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I think it is cool that they offer a different paint job, but it would be way cooler if they threw a few goodies on that were not on the other "editions". A exhaust, upgraded brakes/rotors, steel braided break lines, few extra HP, etc.....just something to make it special.

Look at the car industry....very rarely do you see a "special" edition that is only a paint job. Since I have a WRX I will use that as a example. What if the WRX STI was only a paintjob and a big wing; most people would not even bother to buy it for the higher price tag. Yet Subaru is awesome and even though the WRX vs the STI is basically the same engine, turbo, body they added a bunch of nice "goodies"; Brembo brakes, 6th gear, more HP (aggressive tune), better suspension, adjustable differential and some others. Heck even the WRX "Limited" I got had things over the standard and premium WRX. For example I was going to get a premium, but HID lights, sunroof, and pearl colors were only available on the "Limited". Subaru doesn't even sell the other versions with these things and as far as I know you cannot even special order them.....which to me does make it "special".

So overall it is ok that they offer a unique paintjob, but my opinion will always be they need to do more to call something a "special" edition and at least follow the car manufacturers. As said earlier some of the European/British/Italian bikes do it, and the rest need to follow.

To sum it up, do something for the people who are not all about the looks of their bike and are more concerned with the performance aspect.

Because for less than you will pay a dealer, you could get a way better paintjob and way more unique. Just like the guys that buy stock aftermarket goodies; usually you can get better components for way cheaper going aftermarket (from performance, to stereos, exhaust, rims, tint/bra, etc). Don't believe me go price shop dealer vs aftermarket. Same reason very few people take their car to the dealer to get it fixed (minus warranty)

Exactly what I mean! Heck the Marchesini wheels alone are a great upgrade....yet they went further and offered a slipper clutch and Ohlins suspension!

Still one of my favorites too (believe only like 500 were made though)
    Those are still going for like $14-15k, few you can find. I'd never sell mine if I had one.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I've only been in Denver for about 4 months now and only had a bike out here for 3 weeks... Out of curiosity, with this weather coming in are they going to dump a bunch of BS on the roads in the mountains again? The roads I have been riding were just starting to get pretty good.